Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
#1 - Can vegetarians do this diet? My daughter wants to do it and she doesn't eat any meat, which I think as long as she did 4 packets daily would work.

#2 My daughter only wants to lose 12-14 lbs... is that okay for this type of diet?

#3 Is Splenda allowed? If so, how much, how often, when?

#4 My dr/coach said I can have italian dressing (wishbone) on my salad, has everyone else been told that? If so, how much is allowed?

#5 My dr/coach said "NO exersize" but I hear a lot of people talking about working out, so I'm confused... I know a few people who go to him and they are doing amazing!!! He himself has lost 50 lbs since January. So to work out or not to work out - that is the question!

SORRY! I've read and read to find the answers, but I just haven't got an answer, so I'm asking. THANK YOU ALL!
Hi, Kelsey,

#1. Yes, we have some vegetarians on this diet forum. They could probably give your daughter some pointers.

#2. That's perfect for this diet. It's meant to be short term anyway.

#3. Yes, it's allowed. But don't go overboard. Someone on the forum suggested counting all servings of artificial sweeteners as 1 carb each.

#4. I haven't been told that. I was told only 0 cal./0 carb. dressings are allowed. So Walden Farms dressings are what I use.

#5. I was also told no exercise, especially at the beginning of the diet while your body is getting used to things, unless you have already been exercising, and even then to keep it light--i.e., easy-moderate walking and/or light weights. You don't want to work up a sweat or you risk losing muscle.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #347  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Thanks to everyone for the congrats on hitting the 50lb mark. I can truely understand the frustration of people not noticing. For me I think there are several reasons why people don't say anything: 1) I have a whole lot of weight to lose and although I can see the difference in 50lbs some people just aren't as observant, 2) often times when someone is so overweight people are afraid to offend them even with a positive comment about weight loss, 3)the people I see the most are co-workers, some of whom I would consider good friends, but over the last 10 years they have watched me lose a little, gain a little, lose a little, gain a little (can you say yo-yo?) and so they are even less sure about saying something, and 4) I had so many clothes in my closet that were small enough to transition into over the last 50lbs that my clothes haven't gone through that baggy look, I have simply transitioned things out when I don't feel like they look good anymore. And realistically, much of what I was wearing was too tight to begin with.

Even my family says very little about my success or changes. It will be interesting to see what is said tomorrow, I will be seeing my brother and SIL at a family dinner and I haven't seen them since the middle of January. My mom doesn't usually have positive things to say about my weight or looks and two weeks ago she said I looked thinner in the face and neck one day and then the next day said she could tell by my outfit that I really had lost a good amount of weight.

I have taken this battle on for me. My joints were hurting, I had little energy, and all I wanted to do was stay home. I decided that wasn't the life I wanted to live and I knew/know that if I didn't/don't change something it will be a short and lonely life. When I started I didn't tell anyone for the first two weeks. The first people I told were my mom and my sister and the only reason I told them was because we were going on a family trip and talking about who was going to bring and prepare what food. Then I told a friend at work and my hairdresser, but I didn't tell even my best friend until just last night. I have avoided social eating situations as best I can around people who don't know. About 3 days ago a co-worker said she noticed I was "slimming down" and when I told her I had lost 50lbs she said congrats and laughingly said "and I have found it." That same day I shared with my friend at work (the one who has known since the beginning) that I had hit the 50 mark and she was not as congratulatory as I had hoped. It hurt! Then last night when I shared with my best friend that I had been on a program and lost 50lbs since the beginning of Dec. she said "that's great" but it was in her less than enthusiastic voice.

I have decided that my weigh loss number sharing will only occur on this board as I know that you all are here to support me and will encourage me to keep moving forward even when the scale doesn't.

As I reread this post I realized it was quite long and almost a downer, so I want to clarify that I am very happy with the changes that are occuring. A scale victory for me was that this morning when I weighed myself (I am a daily scale hopper) the number was a number I clearly rememeber seeing for the first time at a doctors appointment in the summer of 1994. I know I have not been at or below this number since. VERY EXCITED!!!!
Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! I had a similar experience with my so-called best friend. She lives in another town and hasn't seen me since last August. I had invited her over to watch the Academy Awards Show and she said she would come. Then she told me that she had gained some weight since I last saw her. So I decided to tell her about IP. We talked for awhile longer and then she asked "THE QUESTION: Sooo, how much weight have you lost?" When I told her "over 30 pounds since you last saw me" (I had lost 6 pounds before starting IP) she became very quiet. Not
one compliment or congratulations from her.

Then she wanted to "borrow" a box of IP foods so she could try it before buying. I told her that the packages I had were planned for my upcoming meals. I gave her some websites that she could order from.

The day of the Academy Awards she was a NO SHOW. I have always been the 'fatter' one and now that the tables are turned she apparently can't face me.

So my point is weight loss and getting healthy is really something that you do for yourself. And seeking support or praise from someone who is not on the same track as you or does not have your best interest in mind can be disappointing at best, devastating at worst.

This forum has been my greatest support. And that's why I keep coming back.

P.S. I love fashion reports. By best tip: throw out anything that does not look or fit great on you. Look at the fit on the top of your shoulders. The seams should not hang beyond your shoulder, it makes you look bigger. I only have 2 pairs of jeans, 2 dresses and a few blouses and thin sweaters in my closet. It looks very spare. I add jewelry, scarves, jackets and hats to get different looks.

Last edited by Lilita175; 03-20-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #348  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
GOOD. there is aspartame in some of their products- good deal then- let us know how they work out.
I'll be looking for it in the future. I stay strictly away from aspartame cause it gives me terrible migraines. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #349  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Yes it was good . I did notice this morning that the jello had formed in the bottom of it . I shook it and it broke up again . Is this normal . Was I suppose to use the whole packet of Jello ?
I normally only make individual servings of the salad dressing because otherwise the jello soaks up all the liquid and becomes, well, jello!
For each serving, I use a tiny bit of the powder. Maybe the tip of a tsp? May have to play with the amounts to get the amount that seems right for you!
Old 03-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #350  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Thanks to everyone for the congrats on hitting the 50lb mark. I can truely understand the frustration of people not noticing. For me I think there are several reasons why people don't say anything: 1) I have a whole lot of weight to lose and although I can see the difference in 50lbs some people just aren't as observant, 2) often times when someone is so overweight people are afraid to offend them even with a positive comment about weight loss, 3)the people I see the most are co-workers, some of whom I would consider good friends, but over the last 10 years they have watched me lose a little, gain a little, lose a little, gain a little (can you say yo-yo?) and so they are even less sure about saying something, and 4) I had so many clothes in my closet that were small enough to transition into over the last 50lbs that my clothes haven't gone through that baggy look, I have simply transitioned things out when I don't feel like they look good anymore. And realistically, much of what I was wearing was too tight to begin with.

Even my family says very little about my success or changes. It will be interesting to see what is said tomorrow, I will be seeing my brother and SIL at a family dinner and I haven't seen them since the middle of January. My mom doesn't usually have positive things to say about my weight or looks and two weeks ago she said I looked thinner in the face and neck one day and then the next day said she could tell by my outfit that I really had lost a good amount of weight.

I have taken this battle on for me. My joints were hurting, I had little energy, and all I wanted to do was stay home. I decided that wasn't the life I wanted to live and I knew/know that if I didn't/don't change something it will be a short and lonely life. When I started I didn't tell anyone for the first two weeks. The first people I told were my mom and my sister and the only reason I told them was because we were going on a family trip and talking about who was going to bring and prepare what food. Then I told a friend at work and my hairdresser, but I didn't tell even my best friend until just last night. I have avoided social eating situations as best I can around people who don't know. About 3 days ago a co-worker said she noticed I was "slimming down" and when I told her I had lost 50lbs she said congrats and laughingly said "and I have found it." That same day I shared with my friend at work (the one who has known since the beginning) that I had hit the 50 mark and she was not as congratulatory as I had hoped. It hurt! Then last night when I shared with my best friend that I had been on a program and lost 50lbs since the beginning of Dec. she said "that's great" but it was in her less than enthusiastic voice.

I have decided that my weigh loss number sharing will only occur on this board as I know that you all are here to support me and will encourage me to keep moving forward even when the scale doesn't.

As I reread this post I realized it was quite long and almost a downer, so I want to clarify that I am very happy with the changes that are occuring. A scale victory for me was that this morning when I weighed myself (I am a daily scale hopper) the number was a number I clearly rememeber seeing for the first time at a doctors appointment in the summer of 1994. I know I have not been at or below this number since. VERY EXCITED!!!!
Hi, want2run, I'm sorry your significant others are less than enthusiastic. My mom is my biggest chearleader. Just about every day, she calls and asks if I'm up or down. Which can be a bit irritating sometimes, especially if the scale isn't moving. I guess it's better than what you're going through. My best friend is doing the diet with me, and we're really close to the same height and weight, so we're a big support for each other. My hubby wasn't very supportive at first. "It's not going to work either. Just like all the rest." Now he says he's glad I've found something that works but that it's time to stop and just work on toning (he's big into working out every day). I told him I can make my own decisions. I'm a daily scale hopper as well! Congratulations on the exciting number you're seeing.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #351  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
Welcome!! One trick that I use to keep from being hungry is just spacing out all of my food. What I mean is, I will have my i.p. in the morning, and then about noon have veggies or salad, or both. Then about two or three o'clock have my next i.p. Dinner is around 5 or 5:30. Then i.p. again about 9. That way I am not starving during the day!!
That's a good idea. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #352  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Kelsey,

#1. Yes, we have some vegetarians on this diet forum. They could probably give your daughter some pointers.

#2. That's perfect for this diet. It's meant to be short term anyway.

#3. Yes, it's allowed. But don't go overboard. Someone on the forum suggested counting all servings of artificial sweeteners as 1 carb each.

#4. I haven't been told that. I was told only 0 cal./0 carb. dressings are allowed. So Walden Farms dressings are what I use.

#5. I was also told no exercise, especially at the beginning of the diet while your body is getting used to things, unless you have already been exercising, and even then to keep it light--i.e., easy-moderate walking and/or light weights. You don't want to work up a sweat or you risk losing muscle.
I just read that the italian dressing has 4 grms carbs & 4 grams of sugar per serv, and a serving is 2 tblsp. I'm sure I had 1 tblspn yesterda and 1 today. Am I in trouble??? I hate that!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #353  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! I had a similar experience with my so-called best friend. She lives in another town and hasn't seen me since last August. I had invited her over to watch the Academy Awards Show and she said she would come. Then she told me that she had gained some weight since I last saw her. So I decided to tell her about IP. We talked for awhile longer and then she asked "THE QUESTION: Sooo, how much weight have you lost?" When I told her "over 30 pounds since you last saw me" (I had lost 6 pounds before starting IP) she became very quiet. Not
one compliment or congratulations from her.

Then she wanted to "borrow" a box of IP foods so she could try it before buying. I told her that the packages I had were planned for my upcoming meals. I gave her some websites that she could order from.

The day of the Academy Awards she was a NO SHOW. I have always been the 'fatter' one and now that the tables are turned she apparently can't face me.

So my point is weight loss and getting healthy is really something that you do for yourself. And seeking support or praise from someone who is not on the same track as you or does not have your best interest in mind can be disappointing at best, devastating at worst.

This forum has been my greatest support. And that's why I keep coming back.

P.S. I love fashion reports. By best tip: throw out anything that does not look or fit great on you. Look at the fit on the top of your shoulders. The seams should not hang beyond your shoulder, it makes you look bigger. I only have 2 pairs of jeans, 2 dresses and a few blouses and thin sweaters in my closet. It looks very spare. I add jewelry, scarves, jackets and hats to get different looks.
My Best friend has also struggled with her weight throughout the years of our friendship, but I too am the bigger one. Over the last two years she has had many hardships to deal with and had put back on some of the weigh she had lost in the previous couple of years. I think her comments were more of the tone of "another fad diet" rather than jealousy, but who knows.

Clearing out my closet it my favorite part of this. There are fewer and fewer things in there each week and I too love to change up my look with my jewelry. Have a great weekend!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #354  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

I have a question: does anyone know how much Walden Farms salad dressing can you have on your salad. I don't load it on but I do have a pretty big salad and I want to make sure I am not messing up. Is there a measurement I should make sure I don't exceed like how many tablespoons? I have searched my info and could not find anything nor did I see anything on the posts. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by sam0617; 03-20-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #355  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Default migraines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I'll be looking for it in the future. I stay strictly away from aspartame cause it gives me terrible migraines. Thanks for the heads up.
I HEAR YA ON THE MIGRAINES! I have suffered with chronic migraines since I was ten and they have steadily gotten worse over the years to the point no one knows WHAT to do- I stay away from aspartame too. I was just lettin ya know- because I would be ticked if I bought it thinking it was the "exact" same and it some how affected my weight loss. It might not but im just cautious- and also DEFINATELY for the migraine factor! no artifical sweetner is worth that pain!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:15 PM   #356  
Goddess of Research

Default ip packets

QUOTE=fluffymama;3209584]well I was just trying to figure out what you meant because it sounded like you were only having packets, no meat or veggies. Is that what your saying??[/QUOTE]

I mean yes, most of my week two days have been packets. Today I had 2 eggs because i feel lower than par and i had maybe a half a cup of broccolli a little earlier. Alot of days it is just more convienent and i KNOW i am strictlyfollowing protocol and yes sometimes i just have a few pickles for my veggies and thats it- convienence. SO im not strictly JUST packets but thats the main route I've been going, but I won't hesitate if I want two eggs or a chicken breast, or my veggies. its not set in stone- just more general.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #357  
Goddess of Research

Talking Welcome Kelsey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Well it's day 2. I'm obviously new here. However, for the past 24 hours I've read post after post on here, so I feel like I already know most of you! My name is Melissa, I live in FL.
Welcome welcome Kelsey!! Glad to have you here!! This thread has been so positive and motivating and supportive and really helped me keep on track! keep reading and glad to have ya as part of the team! stay strong- it will get easier (i keep telling myself the same thing!!)**God dess!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I have a question: does anyone know how much Walden Farms salad dressing can you have on your salad. I don't load it on but I do have a pretty big salad and I want to make sure I am not messing up. Is there a measurement I should make sure I don't exceed like how many tablespoons? I have searched my info and could not find anything nor did I see anything on the posts. Any help would be appreciated.
It is probably okay for our diet to have a fair bit of the Walden Farms fat free/calorie free products.

I did a breakdown here.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #359  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
It is probably okay for our diet to have a fair bit of the Walden Farms fat free/calorie free products.

I did a breakdown here.
Thank you Birman
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #360  

Want2Run- I so emphasized with your post about being disappointed in your friends/family/coworkers response. I posted similar experiences a couple weeks ago. I think that as I have tried to lose for years and years with some success, but not lasting results, that everyone thinks this will be the same thing. My Mom told me that I would probably just gain it back if I lose too fast. I decided not to share much anymore with her.

This has to be done for ourselves. It is the only way to be able to make the hard choices that will keep this weight off for good. I feel okay with only sharing with my DH and the few people that are supportive.
Closed Thread