Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #151  

[QUOTE=yinyang;3205492]What do you all do to prep for your week food wise?QUOTE]

I really enjoy zucchini and summer/yellow squash quite a bit so I bought a mandoline and once or twice a week I cut strips of these longways and I cut up lots of them (and some bell pepper too). I set my mandoline to cut the thickest cuts. Then I cook all the slices in water and garlic for awhile to get them closer to soft. I then take them to the outdoor grill and grill them all in batches, turning them over adding some olive oil from my Misto and they get the grill marks on them. As they come off the grill and others go on, I put them in a food container and add sea salt. Since this takes awhile I do quite a few.Then as the week goes on, I pull what I want out and reheat for dinner, or chop up and add into omelets, etc. That's one thing I do...
Old 03-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
It worries me a little that things are already tasting icky to me on week one. I really narrowed down my choices this week to chocolate drinks and crispy cereal and puddings and yogurt for snacks. I hope that helps.
I'm on week 9 and all I eat is the vanilla & chocolate pudding. the cappuccino and the jello. Oh and once a week I allow myself 1 package of BBQ soy puffs. The #'s I put up every week keep me motivated and I don't focus on what I can and can't eat anymore
Old 03-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #153  

Quote:
Okay, so I used to like the chicken soup. For 2 days. I tried it today and almost threw up. Literally couldn't eat the whole packet. I hope it doesn't affect anything that I only ate 1/2 a packet for lunch. I did get all my veggies in at least. I am thinking I would enjoy just having the chocolate and vanilla drinks.

Trying these other funky flavors are not working out. I finally can eat the omelet without gagging. Oh well, I guess you just have to get used to different flavors, but I think the chicken soup will have to be off my list permanately.
Oh, I feel ya. I liked the chicken soup in the beginning, had it maybe three times. Then, I was having it one day and nearly gagged trying to finish it. Needless to say I don't order any of the soups anymore. I do like the omelet when mixed with cooked bok choy. I usually have it for lunch on the weekends.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #154  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm kinda like Jordanna. I tend to eat the same things over and over. I like the soup, so that is one of the things that I almost always have for lunch. Somedays I get busy and forget my packet in the afternoon. if I do then I have one of the drinks in the evening. They don't fill me up enough to have for a meal. I treat myself to green beans once a week. Even though I am doing boot camp, I will have the vinegar crisps if I am travelling in the car. No more than twice a week. I think we all have to find what works for us on this diet. Tomorrow I have to be in the car all day, so I will eat the omlette for breakfast, premixed vanilla shake and cukes for lunch and 2 boiled eggs with veggies for supper. I will take a pack of vinegar crisps and I will also take celery w/peanut butter. Lettuce just isn't going to work for me on this trip, so even though celery is considered a veggie, I will use it like lettuce tomorrow. Way better than stopping for a bag of chips or a candy bar.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #155  

I've a couple of slow weeks recently and wanted to share that I finally hit the 50lb lost mark. I've had a block against that number and it feels good to get past it. Onward and down!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 252/215/165

Today....the day from H-E double L!!! I've been sick the past couple of days so haven't been to work. I have been completely faithful to IP (Today is day 4). Today I walked into work only to be told by the regional director that my co-worker and I are being taken out for lunch. My first thought was PANIC!!!! I caught my breath and responded with..."Thank you but I brought my lunch" I was told too bad...it was his treat and he wasn't taking no for an answer. More panic!!! I tried to play the "I'm on a really strict diet and this is day 4 and I've been really good and really am not up for going out"...I even threw in ...take my co-worker and thank you so much for the offer. Next thing, my manager is standing in front of me telling me that this is an appreciation lunch for me and my co-worker and if I didn't want to go, I didn't have to. Her tone definately told another story. Now I feel bad and obligated grrrrrrrrrr...
So, after stewing for a bit and getting down right ticked off for letting my manager make me feel bad, I pulled up my big girl pants and thought F-I-N-E!!!
I ate my lunch that I brought about half an hour before we were suppose to go. I had brought a salad with chicken....very good I might add. Then I went for lunch with them.
I ordered a Caesar Salad with no dressing, no croutons and no cheese with a couple of slices of lemon on the side.
The waiter just looked at me and said "So just a plate of lettuce?" As polite as could be and with the sweetest smile I said "Yes please" then took a sip of my ice water.
I ate my lettuce just so I had something keeping my mouth busy so I wouldn't say anything I would regret. I was actually full from my lunch so watching the other 4 people I was with stuff their faces with their over porportioned, greasy, gazillion calorie entree's didn't even phase me. If anything I had a "eff" you attitude going on and when all was said and done I think my boss and district manager felt bad that they all gorged out in front of the fat girl who was trying to diet. LOL!!!! I walked out of there as smug as could be. Head held high. I even thanked the regional man for lunch (all $14.99 worth of lettuce) Not a word was mentioned about how great lunch was or anything. I'm sure they would have enjoyed it a whole lot more had I not been there I guess it's true.....Karma is such a bit#h!!! But you have to love her.
Thanks for listening all!! And thanks for inspiring me! I feel so good about today and am not quit sure how I would have dealt with it had it not been for alot of your stories and for once just believeing in myself and know "I can do this" !!!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
I've a couple of slow weeks recently and wanted to share that I finally hit the 50lb lost mark. I've had a block against that number and it feels good to get past it. Onward and down!!!!
Congrats on 50 lbs Want2Run!! That's so great! You must feel fantastic I can't wait to get to 50!!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #158  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Alright harlee girl!!! There are always going to be people to sabotage(sp?) what you are trying to do. It is harder when it is a boss. Too bad people just can't understand. I did get a kick out of the $14.99 lettuce!!! My daughter is huge into karma.....I love her stories. It works almost everytime.

Great want2run. That has to feel good!!!! Congrats.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 252/215/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
50 pounds is amazing!! Way to go want2run. Once again I am inspired
Old 03-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #160  

Today for a change I took a package of vanilla pudding and a package of chocolate pudding and mixed the powders together. I then split it back out in to 2 - 28 g servings and made a drink out of it. It's sweeter and creamer than chocolate on it's own and not as sweet or cake batter like as vanilla on it's own. I really like it for a nice change!

I might even take the other serving and make it into an actual pudding for a change!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:20 AM   #161  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default tangerine diet rite

Quote:
Just one more thing that isn't fair when you compare men and women!!!! I guess if you have to have one have it right after your weigh in. It will be gone and no affect at your next weigh in. PRETTY SNEAKY
i have found that the tangerine diet rite sodas have no affect on my ketosis what so ever- made with splenda- and one night i was having an ... er "experiment"... drinking them and then testing my ketones afterwards and i was still in high/ moderate burn... through all THREE OF THEM...... purely for scientific research I tell you... what a sacrifice- but i mainly drink kangen water all day and they actually have a weight loss protocol which i can do with the ideal protein and it is supposted to accelerate my weight loss... i just got the 3 different PH balances and am trying to get the routine down but you would NOT BELIEVE THE RESULTS these women get by doing the weight loss protocol with kangen water- it resets your stomach's digestive acids- and best of all ITS FREE!!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:23 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 209.4/195/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi All. I joined your forum a few days back on my birthday (15th) I had weigh in #3 the next day and lost another 4.4 lbs making that a total of 14.4 lbs in 3 weeks!! How cool. I love it! Although I hadn't had one bite of a cheat up till then, last night I broke down while making shamrock cookies for my kids and had 2. I feel ok about it and was able to get right back on track today. Usually something like that would throw me off the wagon and I would be done. I expect to "pay" for that next weigh in, but I take full responsibility and can move on!

Has anyone had any decrease in weight loss after being allowed the restricted packets ie oatmeal, chili and bars. i got some this week for the first time, but read on a previous forum that it may slow weight loss. Please let me know if you have found this. Thanks all and continue all the great comments as I love to read!!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:26 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 209.4/195/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm also wondering if anyone has tried the Vitamin water from Costco called Talking Rain? It is really great and has added vitamins and minerals. I don't recall what the sweetener is ??Splenda?? Any word on these drinks?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:28 AM   #164  
Goddess of Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, fluffy, I was just reading about diet sodas. The studies say that most diet sodas don't inhibit weight loss. But the sodium in them could cause some people to retain water. And the carbonation can keep women's bodies from using calcium. The study actually said more than 2 sodas a day would do this, but that it wouldn't hurt men's absorption of calcium. Weird, huh?
ITS not the carbonation, its the aspartame- that will mess you up big time. carbonation can inhibit sports proformance but not diet. diet coke with splenda would be okay but tastes funny. I know for a fact the diet rite tangerine does NOT affect ketosis... i did my own little experiment.... but i did have a diet sprite when i was very nauseous one day and it threw me out of ketosis for half a day. it is the aspartame. water IS best tho.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #165  
Goddess of Research

Default Way To Go!!

Quote:
Thanks Fluffymama and WyoSun for the encouragement!!! Man, this feels so good Now I get to go change my weight in my profile
WAY TO GO CARLA!!! FEELSS GOOD DOESN'T IT? Our stats are almost identical! I was 206 and went down to 197 my first weigh in! and yes this diet is different!!! keep up the good work!! FEELS GOOD TO BE OUT OF 200 DOESN'T IT???
Closed Thread