Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I also had a horrible cold and sore throat and I took DayQuill gel tabs for 4 days and it did not have a negative impact on my weight loss. I would stay away from any syrups or liquid remedies.
Feel better!
Thank you for all the advice on the cold medicine . Hoping to feel better soon . Had my weigh in this morning lost another 10 lbs this last two weeks . A little dissapointed because my coach told me not to do the gym till I loose all my weight . I still dont know if I beleive I should wait .
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #47  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Thank you for all the advice on the cold medicine . Hoping to feel better soon . Had my weigh in this morning lost another 10 lbs this last two weeks . A little dissapointed because my coach told me not to do the gym till I loose all my weight . I still dont know if I beleive I should wait .
no, you can do the gym just ask to be put on the athletic protocol-- im doing MUAY THAI you can go to the gym i promise- but usually its not advised to try to increase your muscle mass just maintain it and cardio. there is a specific phase one for athletes.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:20 PM   #48  
Goddess of Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaincolour View Post
Hi, I'm kind of new to this blog thing, but I've been on Ideal Protein for a few weeks now and really love the pre-made vanilla shake. My coach doesn't allow me to have it more than once a day though, said it's not good. Is it true that if I have it 2-3 times a day, that it will mess with the system? Any help is appreciated!
no that is not true. I drink the chocolate one AT LEAST TWICE A DAY EVERYDAY and last week i lost 9 pounds 9 inches- its a lil more expensive but thats untrue- but you WILL find you need a lil more variety after awhile so keep that in mind but it won't hurt you or your weight loss.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Chaplains wifey-- 9 weeks and 50 lbs. Way to Go!!
Your husband will be shocked, won't he? You must feel wonderful.

Still hoping some creative person will tell me what to do with my WF peanut butter and jelly. Without bread, I am lost...
I just bought some WF peanut butter spread and strawberry jam today. I'm planning to make my crepes tomorrow as usual (4 small ones) and make 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches out of them.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #50  
Goddess of Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
It is really hard not to weigh every day. I've been doing that, too. I started with Wii Fit Plus over the weekend. They have this thing that weighs you. Of course it is going to fluctuate and I could just kill that shrill little voice when it says "you gained a little today" Dirty little sucker....

Goddess....I read your post and I know this diet is difficult when there are other family members to consider. Have you thought about trying to get the rest of your family to eat healthier? I don't mean cold turkey, but changing some of their snacks slowly. Maybe Kix instead of Fruit Loops or real cheese or popcorn instead of Cheez Its(those are my favorite, too)or fruit instead of cookies. Just thinking about this being a life changing situation for everyone. I know in my family we had lots of mashed potatoes, gravy, sweets, etc. I was skin over bones till about 30. And then you all know what happened. I never learned to eat right. So, I am trying to change that. My daughter has always had a weight problem and she has learned to eat healthy(in spite of my cooking). So, I am going to save the "good" stuff for special occassions and try to keep on track with healthy food for my family most of the time. So far I am not getting any flack. DH and I both need to keep our cholesteral down and we are looking forward to the health fair in a couple months so we can see just how well we are doing. Maybe if you wean your kids off the junk they will learn how important it is to eat healthy. My girlfriend and her daughter are on IP also. Her daughter is 15 and struggles because of school, sports and friends. But, one thing she said was that she really noticed how much "junk" everyone eats all the time. She never realized it until she wasn't eating it, too. Sorry this got so long. Goddess, how old are your kids?
Its okay it got long= thanks for listening! Well, I have a 14 month old son, and then Yia Yia has a sweet tooth and a half. And I do have him eat fruit and things like that but I swear thats more torture than a cookie to me!! My son's name is Roman and unfortunately he has taken on my eating habits-(i.e- never sitting down and eating at the table) so he munches on stuff all day long- he is the BUSIEST kid you have EVER seen he NEVER stops- it practically takes a tranquilizer gun (haha jk) but sometimes he turns into "Saint Roman" with a cookie and exhausted mama- reaches for the emergency escape sometimes, and dry stuff that he can't splash all over the place. He is VERY PICKY so- sometimes making the change is harder because he is so young but he runs and opens door like he is TWO. i'M ready for the energy part of this to kick in- im so exhausted. so tired. that makes me want to reach for a cookie more than anything. isn't that weird?
Old 03-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #51  
Goddess of Research

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I have been on this diet for almost 9 weeks now and have lost 50 lbs . I still have 40 lbs to loose . I have been following this chat site but have not posted anything till now . My husband is a chaplain in the army and has been deployed to Iraq for the last 6 months and will be returning for his R&R in May for two weeks . I am hoping to loose another 20 lbs by then . I have gone from a size 22 to a size 14 . This site has been great . My coach pretty much weighs me and sells the food . No body fat or anything like that .Im starting at the gym this week and a little nervous about that . Glad to be here ! Everyone is doing great !
wow!! your husband won't be able to keep his hands off of you... im ssure he will be THRILLED!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #52  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Goddess, I will relate what you are saying to what someone told me one time about discipline. Make it something YOU can live with. That was why I suggested gradual changes. It's kinda like the diet. We didn't gain the weight in 2 weeks so we can't expect it to go off in 2 weeks. (even though that's what I want!!!) I know you have a lot on your plate, so trying one thing at a time might be the way to go. We are really close with our stats. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. Good Luck.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #53  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylaincolour View Post
Hi, I'm kind of new to this blog thing, but I've been on Ideal Protein for a few weeks now and really love the premade vanilla shake. My coach doesn't allow me to have it more than once a day though, said it's not good. Is it true that if I have it 2-3 times a day, with little variety, that it will mess with the system? Any help is appreciated!
I haven't heard this at all! I have three of the vanilla shakes a day. My coach said that it didn't matter, if that is what I wanted, that's what I can have. She said that having variety in the packages in the diet wouldn't make a difference!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #54  
Goddess of Research

Default WE are close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Goddess, I will relate what you are saying to what someone told me one time about discipline. Make it something YOU can live with. That was why I suggested gradual changes. It's kinda like the diet. We didn't gain the weight in 2 weeks so we can't expect it to go off in 2 weeks. (even though that's what I want!!!) I know you have a lot on your plate, so trying one thing at a time might be the way to go. We are really close with our stats. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. Good Luck.
We are REALLY close in our stats!! And I will be keeping an eye on yours too! I've offered a friendly challenege to stacerp- we are pretty close in stats too and i find it fun and motivating. Yes, I gained 100 pounds with my son because I was high risk and just didn't handle the pregnancy well, and I lost 50 of the pounds and I know It will take time to lose the rest, and this diet takes discipline. And the funny thing is I really realized something last night, my son has really taught me alot about discipline and having an iron will because I'm obsessed with being the best mom in the world so I push my patience and will with him all the time further than i ever thought possible because I KNOW HE DESERVES IT, usually at bedtime (my goal is to put him to sleep and to nap with zero crying) and through that and other areas i realize I've developed so much strength and i can use it in other areas like this diet, like when i want to quit- i won't because i know its the right thing to do to keep going. but sometimes its just one day, one meal one moment at a time and i know as time goes by the difficulty will dissipate...
Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #55  
Goddess of Research

Thumbs up my first weigh in.

Alright so today I went in for my week 1 weigh in and I went up a stinkin pound from yesterday but i still ended up losing nine pounds and nine inches total. Is that good? I was mad I wanted it to be ten. What is wrong with me, I'VE NEVER HEARD OF LOSING NINE POUNDS IN A WEEK, EXCEPT ETHOPIA. So maybe I've gotten used to this forum Anywho, I'm still on bootcamp all drinks and a cereal and one lean meat. thats alright but i can't wait until i can have some soy puffs or something! So another thing i am afraid of is- will my weight loss drop off to like 3 pounds a week? my coach thinks i will have a high burn like at least 5 pounds- but I AM THE EXCEPTION TO EVERYRULE! And i still feel like UBER crap sooooooooooooooooooooo TIRED and headaches. man, i am not stopping this diet but really. I want lots of energy too and i don't know why i am still craving stuff if i am in ketosis. Alright, so my fatass is happy I am down nine pounds but i guess i need to practice some patience and realize this is a journey, not a destination!

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT REALLY!! IT MEANS SO MUCH!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #56  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Goddess, That is so true. So much of dieting is mental. I just never realized how much before. For the most part, I don't even think about missing the food. Unless a commercial comes on TV. I've been out a couple times and just get a chicken breast salad or do salad bar with egg. The only difference with the salad is that I'm not putting way too much dressing on it. I take my own. With the age of your children, I'm sure I am older, but it will be fun to keep track of each other. Challenge me anytime. That little bugger on the Wii loves to talk to me!!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #57  
Started IP March 1, 2010

WooHoo Goddess... .

I am only down 7.8 lbs. for 2 weeks. Don't have my 3rd weigh in till Friday morning. So, you are already ahead of me. But, I am not having any issues with fatigue and headache. It is strange how some people do and some don't. I am also on bootcamp. I have to travel in the car quite a bit right now(let me tell you there aren't many bathrooms on the road in Wyoming!!!), so I take the vinegar crisps with me. I just need one every so often so curb the hunger and/or headache. A package lasts me 2-3 hours. So, I end up eating about 2 pkgs a week. On those days it is my snack. That is the only thing I eat that isn't on the bootcamp list.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Well today was a hard day. I was tired and every time I walked by all of the Easter candy at work I just wanted to shove it in my mouth. I never eat the restricted packets, but just now I ate the chocolate soy puffs as I watched 'The Biggest Loser' (my favorite show!). OMG! They are sooooo good!!! It was like eating Whoppers (chocolate covered malted milk balls). It definitely cured my craving. I'm so glad I didn't cave into those little chocolate bunnies and Peeps (my all time fave candy) calling my name. "Stacey, oh Stacey... you know you want me. Eat me quick and then be done. You'll be okay. peep peep"
Old 03-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
I'll have to try that, I'll probably have to pre-cook the veggies at night to bring to work, but I like the idea. And I'm really not a fan of the leek soup either. Did you use any spices at all?
Yep, I used garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, sea salt, and pepper.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #60  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Hope the luck of the Irish shines upon you all day!
Closed Thread