Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #91  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Good Luck with your weigh-ins today everyone.
The closet.....oh my.....I worked in a professional setting until 5 years ago. Yes, I kept some suits. They were just too nice to get rid of. But, now I don't work there anymore. So, guess I'll go through and keep one or two just in case and take the rest to the second hand store. A couple of them I just want to see on me one more time. Maybe that is personal satisfaction. The other thing is, some of them will be long out of style. They'll put them in the vintage section!!! LOL
Something I have to remember and it may pertain to some others....I don't wear the same things I did 5 or 10 years ago. So, clothes that I may have worn before may not be comfortable for me to wear now. Styles, tastes and comfort all change and I think I will have a lot of fun shopping this summer. I have lots of sizes clothes to tide me over, though.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #92  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
I'm sure you're looking smokin. Isn't it interesting how other people really notice how we've lost weight and, although you look in the mirror and know that you look better, you're still not seeing it as much as everyone else does. I think we're a little harder on ourselves than we need to be.
You are exactly right about being our own worst critics. Everyone is commenting on how great I look. I know I look better, but great? To me, I'm still fat...but I'm working on it.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #93  
Started IP March 1, 2010

The peanut butter doesn't exactly taste like PB. But, I like it on celery. That has always been a snack in our house anyway and it gets me through the afternoon many days and it is free. I consider celery free....do you guys?
Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #94  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Just a quick NSV post. I tucked my shirt in today!!!! First time in many, many years.

Gotta go...
That is so great dad!!! You are right on track with the guys on Biggest Loser I can't wait until my side profile looks good enough to tuck something in

Last edited by carlasherea; 03-17-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #95  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
The peanut butter doesn't exactly taste like PB. But, I like it on celery. That has always been a snack in our house anyway and it gets me through the afternoon many days and it is free. I consider celery free....do you guys?
I count celery toward's my 2 cups of veggies at a meal. I hope that is okay. I also haven't really heard weather or not we can go over the 4 cups of veggies. I will ask my coach tonight when I weigh in. I don't like very many veggies and some of the ones I do like are on the No-No list. I have been living on celery, broccoli, spinich, asparagus and cucumbers. I really don't want to get burnt out, but we'll see.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #96  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I count celery toward's my 2 cups of veggies at a meal. I hope that is okay. I also haven't really heard weather or not we can go over the 4 cups of veggies. I will ask my coach tonight when I weigh in. I don't like very many veggies and some of the ones I do like are on the No-No list. I have been living on celery, broccoli, spinich, asparagus and cucumbers. I really don't want to get burnt out, but we'll see.
Add cauliflower to your list and you have my list. Yesterday I had green beans for the first time. I am ending week 5 and finding it a challenge to get in the 4 cups of veggies. I definitely count my celery as part of the 4 cups. And I never worry about going over... Good luck with your weigh in!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Mom22 -
you've lost 1.7 pounds in one week on phase 3! Woohoo! I'm happy for you. You are almost to your goal! Looking into the crystal ball, I forsee a forum party for you very soon!!

Hopefully I will have the same results as you- think I'm starting phase 3 tomorrow, as long as my weigh-in goes ok tonight. I've been following the protocol to the T so it should.

Thanks for sharing the info about phase 3. I'm so excited to eat breakfast. It's always been my absolute favorite meal of the day! I also will not look ahead and pre-worry about phase 4. I do really like how "easy" it is to plan my meals on the Ideal Protein protocol. I always know what to eat and when. Maybe that's part of the charm of this diet and why it works so well!

Quote:
I have been making my own crepe recipe that tastes the same as IP crepes in my opinion. However, it only has 6 grams of carbs, 2 1/2 grams of fiber, and 20 grams of protein, so I have not been counting it as restricted. Anyway, I made a PBJ this morning at breakfast using the crepes and Walden Farms peanut spread and strawberry jam. It wasn't exactly the same, but it wasn't bad.
BevS - I will take your "it wasn't bad" feedback as a sign that the Walden Farms PB and J is reasonably decent to eat! Could you post your crepe recipe please? I wouldn't count that as restricted either -the nutritional profile seems great!

Last edited by CinnamonSparkles; 03-17-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #98  
Started IP March 1, 2010

I got some items from Lindora and they are comparable to the IP diet packs. Does anyone use them? I saw them mentioned on this thread and wanted to try them. I tried one of the soups and it was good(but, I like the IP soups,too) They are about half the price of IP packs. Along with the price, I was thinking about a little variety.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

From CinnamonSparkles: BevS - I will take your "it wasn't bad" feedback as a sign that the Walden Farms PB and J is reasonably decent to eat! Could you post your crepe recipe please? I wouldn't count that as restricted either -the nutritional profile seems great!

Hi, Cinnamon: Here's my recipe:

1/6 c. (or 1/2 of a third cup measurer) Maple Grove Farms sugar-free pancake & waffle mix (I buy it in the local Kroger's diabetic section)

1/6 c. NOW natural whey protein isolate (buy from Netrition)

Sprinkle of Stevia

1 tsp. grape seed oil (optional) I count this as part of my 1-2 teaspoons of oil per day

2 Tablespoons water

1 egg white, whipped with fork until frothy

Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl. Mix in oil and water. Mix in egg white. Preheat non-stick pan. Spritz pan with PAM. Makes 4 small crepes. Turn when bubbles form on top and cook a minute or so longer.

My friend doesn't put the egg white in hers cause she says she likes them crispy. I don't think she puts the oil in either. Oh, yeah, there are 23.6 g. of protein rather than 20. I forgot to count the egg white.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I got some items from Lindora and they are comparable to the IP diet packs. Does anyone use them? I saw them mentioned on this thread and wanted to try them. I tried one of the soups and it was good(but, I like the IP soups,too) They are about half the price of IP packs. Along with the price, I was thinking about a little variety.
Yes, I use Lindora. Some of the products are identical. I think they're manufactured by the same company. Some are a bit higher in carbs. They don't seem to affect my weight loss any, and the price is much better. I use a lot of alternatives. I don't consider it cheating. I really don't consider that I've cheated since I've been on the plan--no bread, fruit, candy, or chocolate. And I don't drink--so there's no temptation for that.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #101  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Default Lindora sale...today only.

I just went and looked at the Lindora site and there is a 40% off sale. Using coupon code "40special" at checkout, discounts your cart 40%.

I don't use the Lindora products, but thought I'd share for those of you who do or have been wanting to.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #102  
Started IP March 1, 2010

Thanks dad.. I went in and placed an order since the discount ends today. Save myself a little more money.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Happy St. Patricks day, any other Irish cats out there!

(hmmmm. Was that a protein or a carb?)
Old 03-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Out last evening to a dinner and concert. Had salmon for dinner but while everyone drank wine I drank 2 glasses of diet coke. I have never really liked diet soda but it was that or wine--just couldn't sit there with water. After the concert when everyone had more wine, I did have water. Today I am up more than a pound. Has to be what everyone has said about that lousy aspertame. Restaurants need to start serving the diet soda with splenda...
Perfect the whole day and screwed it up with 2 lousy drinks. I will really try to not make that mistake again.
I think you did great, HopefulTricia! I'm sure the extra pound won't last long.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
If you want to check out the other phase info, it's posted already - at the top of the page click on "other carb reducted diets" all the IP threads will be listed. there are recipes, alternative suggestions, faq and the phase info too. In fact Birman posted the Phase 3 and 4 info in last week's page.
Can find them here.
Closed Thread