Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #496  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
Had my weigh in today. Down 2.7 lbs. For a total of 24lbs. and I am starting my ninth week today. Have lost some inches as well.

Woohoo way to go fluffymama!!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #497  

It's a new week everyone!! Time to start a new thread!

You can find the link here:

IP Chat - Week of March 22 - 28th

Last edited by jordanna; 03-22-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post

babs181 - why is Claritin bad for you? I've been going to an allergy doctor for years and I was on Claritin for 6 years straight. Then it stopped working so now I'm on something else. Also I get allergy shots. I hope your skin clears up. My back ache came back a week after I started IP (had cleared up from a few years ago- it's adult ache) and my face is breaking out too. My coach/dr said it's the body going through detox. Used some benzoyl peroxide on my back for a few weeks and it cleared up again. I have eczema so I'm afraid to use a medicine that strong on my face. Just using salicylic acid on my cheeks and nose for now. Seems to keep it at bay. But who knows what it could be? I usually don't eat this much animal protein, whey, or milk products, so it could be that too. Thank you for sharing about your skin. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I tend to stay natural with most things, that's why this diet is great for me. Claritin in general can build up on your system and create a lot of problems down the road, which is why it stops working for a lot of people. I generally don't take any medications at all, benedryl is strong for me too. I'm one of those people who really tries to find all possibilities before going on medication. In fact, I don't take stuff for headaches or aches and pains, I go homeopathic or acupuncture. Antihistamines in general aren't really good because they suppress the body's natural ability to get rid of the problem, just like most cough suppressants and stuff to help with colds that suppress symptoms. Now there are definitely times when the symptoms are so bad that something is needed, but I tend to do my very best to avoid that kind of stuff at all costs. (note I work for a company that sells homeopathics and spent four years working in conventional pharmaceutical sales, so as a sales rep I've seen both sides to some degree, I'm on this diet because I want to focus on overall wellness and addressing the cause beneath a lot of health problems, in my case prevent what I can)
Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #499  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Exclamation fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
My coach said regarding carbs - a carb is a carb whether it's soluble fibre based carbs or not....so 5 g of total carbs is 5 g of carbs as far as IP is concerned.
I have NEVER heard of that before, or read that before. Fiber is largely not digested so therefore not absorbed into your blood stream, therefore has no affect on raising your insulin levels and will not affect ketosis which is the fat burning mechanism this diet is based upon. Are there any medical studies or reseach your coach has to back that up? Or maybe somewhere in Dr.Chann's book that I missed it? I would be interested in reading them... but I am puzzled by that statement.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #500  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Fluffy - I get what you're saying I think you're doing great!!

And really think about it this way, I've lost 42 lbs and I still have about 78 to go so even after losing 42 lbs I still have a longer journey than your start point, so don't be envious, pretty soon you'll be down 42 lbs and you'll be closer to your end point than your start, and that is something to be excited about
well, I'm glad your not mad at me for being envious. I'm just like, "she is 18lbs ahead of me and we started at the same time!" when was your start date?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #501  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Feeling a bit discouraged today . Im thinking I have hit a plateau this week . Ive been averaging about 5 lbs a week since I started this 9 weeks ago almost 10 now . I weighed in on Tuesday and I have only lost 2 lbs so far this week . I am a bit worried I ate something I shouldnt have . I am very careful and have not cheated once on this diet .Yesterday I went to lunch with myfamily and ordered a veggie omlet with egg substitute , no cheese , and no avocato . No wI am worried that maybe they used the bad oil to cook it . Do you think thats going to hurt me and cause me not to loose this week . I am working so hard to get this weight off before my husband comes home from Iraq . Needing inspiration today !
don't be discouraged!!!!!!! You are doing so awesome!!! Your not going to hit 5 lbs every week, just be glad that the scale is going down, as long as it's going down your moving in the right direction!!
Old 03-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #502  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
I'm really excited for all of you who are showing great results on the scale and experiencing NSV's. I'm having a rough week and truth be told -- probably a bit of a pity party.

I weigh in tomorrow. I checked myself at home this morning - no change from last week. NONE. So ladies who have been on IP and had their TOM, tell me how that affects your losses? That's the only thing different in my week - otherwise I've followed the program to a T (with the exception of two diet sodas which my counselor told me was ok occasionally). I'm bummed, I'm mad I spent good $ this week for no results.

I am in awe of those of you who have been on IP for months and have experienced amazing losses. I want to be like you when I grow up!
been through the same exact thing, two weeks in a row. Trust me, I was so furious and disappointed that I was ready to throw in the towel, but I didn't, I hung in there and re-evaluated everything I put in my mouth. Come to figure, I was having diet coke a few times a week, and that was really slowing me down. Don't get discouraged, everything will work itself out!!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #503  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default more on vegetarian approach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Thank you for the welcome!

My daughter doesn't eat eggs, seafood, nor chicken... she hasn't since she was 7 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Your daughter can always just have a packet for dinner with the required vegetables. According to Dr. Tran's book, the evening meal was to make the plan easier to follow for most people, not because we have to eat meat at the evening meal.
I concur with this... though she would need to be careful about animal product in some of the packets. Besides the obvious chicken soup, several you might not expect have animal collagen, including the "blueberry, cranberry and pomegranate" drink.
Closed Thread