IP Chat - Week of March 15 - 21st

You're on Page 31 of 34
Go to
  • Hey everyone, just got back from my weigh in and I'm down another 3.7 lbs for a grand total of 42 lbs in 9 weeks I'm pretty amazed and proud of myself.

I hope everyone has a great week coming up - think skinny thoughts
  • In the past I have seen quite few people on here that have been able to find the IP vitamins through other websites for less $$. Could someone help me with what site and what brands are similar and work?
  • Quote: Just found your site and joined. I'm finishing my 3rd week on the Ideal Protein Program and go for my 3rd week weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping to gain better health and enjoy the mega weight loss as a nice side effect to the program. I'm on the "Alternative Plan" due to the diabetes. At end of week 2 I'd lost 17.7 lbs and a total of 13.5 inches. Had some added stress and also a big sugar drop that caused me to eat extra green IP food this week. So I was advised to cut my oral meds in 1/2 which I did as of yesterday. I Can't wait to see this weeks results on the scale tomorrow. But no matter what it shows, I had the HUGE loss of 1/2 of my diabetes meds this week! Feeling like I'm on the right track.
    That is so AWESOME! You must feel great!! Congrats!

I have been eating the bars, 1 a day since my 4th week when my coach started letting me have them. I tried the Caramel Nut first and they were really good, this week I'm doing the Cookies and Cream, they're good but a little dry so I'm not sure I'll get them again. My office just got a new one in its, white choc. and cinnamon. They had little sample pieces, which were really good too, so I may do those. Otherwise, I do the IP Cappacino drink, the IP Blueberry drink (which I'm gettin a little sick of so might not buy next week) and I do the EAS CarbControl Chocolate drink from Walmart (trying to save a little money here and my coach said they are pretty much identical) I haven't really tried anything else that wasn't in the starter pack, I would much rather feel like I'm eating a candy bar then a bowl of chili.
  • Just checking in, its been an insane weekend and Im just catching up on all the posts. There were some awesome results this weekend and some great NSVs.

I spent alot of time travelling this weekend as we met with our reception and caterer out of town this weekend and I stayed 100% on track so Im really happy.

I have my 3 WI in tomorrow and as of tonight I am down 26 pounds in almost 3 weeks and 10 inches are gone forever. Im just thrilled and anxious to see my #s tomorrow at my week 3 WI

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
    KimAnn

***Week 1 - 14 pounds
    ***Week 2 - 4 pounds and 10 inches gone...50 pounds to go til Im a smoking hot bride on Sept 18****
  • Well, made it through week 1. Had my weigh in yesterday and am down 7 pounds. Yay!!! I feel good about that.
    Congrats to all the losers out there! (I mean that in a nice way
    Hope you all had a great weekend.
  • Quote: Well, made it through week 1. Had my weigh in yesterday and am down 7 pounds. Yay!!! I feel good about that.
    WOOHOO

Congrats on the loss Harlee - makes it all worth it hey!! Keep up the amazing work
  • Quote: Hey everyone, just got back from my weigh in and I'm down another 3.7 lbs for a grand total of 42 lbs in 9 weeks I'm pretty amazed and proud of myself.

Those are such great numbers! Congrats!!!
  • Quote: Well, made it through week 1. Had my weigh in yesterday and am down 7 pounds. Yay!!! I feel good about that.
    I lost 7 my first week too! Feels good - don't it!!!
  • Something just dawned on me - when I first started Ideal Protein, I came on these boards for information and support and I was MARVELED by this one girls stats, I think her name was Meghan, she had lost 35 lbs in 9 weeks and I couldn't get over how amazing that was...I could only imagine and hope to do as well as her....

Now here I am, 9 weeks in and down 42 lbs and I suppose that means I should be marveled at myself as well

I guess what I'm trying to say to all the new people is this: This diet can be trying at times but if you just hang in there and make it through each day, those days turn in to a week, and those weeks turn in to months and one day it will dawn on you that you've accomplished something amazing.
  • Quote: Something just dawned on me - when I first started Ideal Protein, I came on these boards for information and support and I was MARVELED by this one girls stats, I think her name was Meghan, she had lost 35 lbs in 9 weeks and I couldn't get over how amazing that was...I could only imagine and hope to do as well as her....

Now here I am, 9 weeks in and down 42 lbs and I suppose that means I should be marveled at myself as well

I guess what I'm trying to say to all the new people is this: This diet can be trying at times but if you just hang in there and make it through each day, those days turn in to a week, and those weeks turn in to months and one day it will dawn on you that you've accomplished something amazing.

You have done absolutely great, Jordanna! Way to go.

I am into my third week and still struggling with being tired and no energy. I notice lots of the girls are taking an extra potassium. Any thoughts on this - damage to kidneys, etc?

Thanks!
  • Quote: You have done absolutely great, Jordanna! Way to go.

I am into my third week and still struggling with being tired and no energy. I notice lots of the girls are taking an extra potassium. Any thoughts on this - damage to kidneys, etc?

Thanks!
    Regarding the extra potassium, according to my coach and double checked with my family doctor (who isn't involved with IP) this is what they said:

The extra potassium is okay to take for 2 - 3 days to bring your levels back up but it's not safe to take for more than a few days at a time here or there.

I'm personally listening to my doctor and not taking 2 potassium a day but other people have been given different advice and have made their own decisions.

Have you talked to your coach about adding a 4th package a day for a while? Have you tried taking the extra potassium for a couple of days to see how you feel?

Do you track your carbs?? It's hard to stay in ketosis if you go over 40 g of carbs a day and it's REALLY easy to go over 40 g of carbs....I try to stay below 30 g of carbs per day because I'm fairly carb sensitive...
  • Jordanna - you are awesome! I'm so happy for you!!! 42 pounds in 9 weeks. You are an inspiration to us all. I love your attitude and your blog and your whole approach. You are wonderful! Congrats on your loss! I hope you are on cloud 9!

Uvettee - wow you cut your meds in 1/2!! That is amazing. You had a big loss your first two weeks too. I'm glad you joined us here. I can't wait to see where your journey will take you.

babs181 - why is Claritin bad for you? I've been going to an allergy doctor for years and I was on Claritin for 6 years straight. Then it stopped working so now I'm on something else. Also I get allergy shots. I hope your skin clears up. My back ache came back a week after I started IP (had cleared up from a few years ago- it's adult ache) and my face is breaking out too. My coach/dr said it's the body going through detox. Used some benzoyl peroxide on my back for a few weeks and it cleared up again. I have eczema so I'm afraid to use a medicine that strong on my face. Just using salicylic acid on my cheeks and nose for now. Seems to keep it at bay. But who knows what it could be? I usually don't eat this much animal protein, whey, or milk products, so it could be that too. Thank you for sharing about your skin. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • Quote: You have done absolutely great, Jordanna! Way to go.

Thanks!
    I am one of the girls taking extra potassium. I have been taking 2 a day for almost 2 weeks. I feel amazingly different. I checked with my doctor who did a blood test to check my kidney functions and also checked with my coach. I have permission from both of them to take 2 potassium's a day. Please check with your coach on this.
  • Quote: Hey everyone, just got back from my weigh in and I'm down another 3.7 lbs for a grand total of 42 lbs in 9 weeks I'm pretty amazed and proud of myself.

great job!!
  • Quote: Something just dawned on me - when I first started Ideal Protein, I came on these boards for information and support and I was MARVELED by this one girls stats, I think her name was Meghan, she had lost 35 lbs in 9 weeks and I couldn't get over how amazing that was...I could only imagine and hope to do as well as her....

I know it's wrong to be envious, but I am! I feel guilty saying that!! I am just sitting here thinking, "man, 42 lbs. in 9 weeks ~ I have been on this 9 weeks tomorrow and am not near that in any way~" I mean, yes a couple of weeks I had a lull...stayed put for two weeks with no loss, but still cannot imagine that I would be anywhere near 42 lbs.! All I can say is kudos to you Jordanna! I am a little envious, but admire you like crazy!!!