Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #406  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I just asked my coach if I could strat doing some weights to help with all the weight I had already loss. She told me no .She siad just to keep doing my walking ( 3 to 4 miles ) a day until I reach my goal then start strength excercise to firm up . She said I wont loose as fast if I start now and that I would possibly gain . I really want to start toning up . I have lost over 50 lbs and Im nervous Im just going to end up being flabby . I have 30 more lbs to loose . Any thoughts?
Hi C. Wifey! First off big congrats on your terrific loss! 55 lbs in 9 weeks in FANTASTIC!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Regarding the exercise...... I was not an active person prior to the IP plan, and was always afraid of trying new things - exercise wise. I wanted to do something, but all aerobic exercise was off limits in the beginning - and to be honest, there was no way I could do those types of exercises anyways!!!!

I spoke to the regional coach, and explained my desire to do something. to help with the loose skin and flab. He encouraged me to eat the jello or cran/pom drink daily, and do yoga! He said the best thing about yoga is that it is low impact and focuses on building your core muscles - which helps to tone and firm your body!

At first though I thought there is no way I am going to get into those positions lol - but it is so gentle and gradual that I have been doing 30 miunutes of yoga daily (on my Wii fit and with exercise video's) and LOVE it!

I am now happy to report that I am a full fledged yoga enthuisist! lol!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #407  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I see lots of people chatting about counting carbs/protein. I really didn't want to COUNT things anymore... if I'm sticking to the plan, do I still need to count?
We have some analytical people on this forum that count everything they eat because it works for them. I don't count carbs and I don't think you need to worry about it. That is why we measure vegetables and meat and the packets are already done for us. The nice thing about this diet is the convenience and it will work for you without counting.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #408  

Thanks Kris! I just bought a yoga video. I am going to have to try it.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #409  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
We have some analytical people on this forum that count everything they eat because it works for them. I don't count carbs and I don't think you need to worry about it. That is why we measure vegetables and meat and the packets are already done for us. The nice thing about this diet is the convenience and it will work for you without counting.
YES! I do measure the water, veggies & meat... so for now I'm gonna go forth with that.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #410  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzMa View Post
I did a search on Fitday.com for veggies calories and carbs and created a table. My coach also says to aim for 25g of carbs or less, but the magic number is 40g; meaning that as long as you stay under 40g carbs/day, you will stay in ketosis.
I am going to try to attach my table (I had to cut and paste my Excel file to Word in order to upload):
FuzzMa - Until I read your table I was feeling that any
veggies allowed on this diet are fine but now -- some of them I don't like enough to have the extra carbs-- like the turnips for instance! I have been enjoying them baked in the oven with the recipe from here but seriously, I like zucchini just as much. I am eating one now for lunch...
Thanks for educating us. Signed- Stuck at 23 lbs- it is time for a loss...

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-21-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #411  

Oh and by the way Kelsey, WELCOME to the forum.

I think one of the best things about this forum is all the new people that keep joining. The questions they bring make those of us that have been doing this longer think again about what we are doing. It is a great journey to be sharing and we all have similar bumps in the road along the way. Good luck!

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 03-21-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #412  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I see lots of people chatting about counting carbs/protein. I really didn't want to COUNT things anymore... if I'm sticking to the plan, do I still need to count?
No you don't! That's the beauty of the plan. Work the plan, and the plan works. Just know which veggies are restricted and which aren't. I never count and I am losing just fine (fingers crossed...hehe)
Old 03-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #413  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Can I get the coffee / cappuchino receipe?
Raspberry Vinegarette and Cappuccino recipes are now posted in the recipe section!!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #414  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Oh and by the way Kelsey, WELCOME to the forum.

I think one of the best things about this forum is all the new people that keep joining. The questions they bring make those of us that have been doing this longer think again about what we are doing. It is a great journey to be sharing and we all have similar bumps in the road along the way. Good luck!

Last edited by Kelsey; 03-21-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
YES! I do measure the water, veggies & meat... so for now I'm gonna go forth with that.
I think of measuring food and counting carbs, etc. as two different things. I think it's a great idea to measure your food, until you know you can accurately eyeball it, to ensure you are not only going over what you are allowed, but to make sure you are getting enough. If you know the carb counts of everything though, I guess you are already in tune with how many you are getting.

Whew...sorry for that mindless ramble
Old 03-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #416  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
I think of measuring food and counting carbs, etc. as two different things. I think it's a great idea to measure your food, until you know you can accurately eyeball it, to ensure you are not only going over what you are allowed, but to make sure you are getting enough. If you know the carb counts of everything though, I guess you are already in tune with how many you are getting.
Whew...sorry for that mindless ramble
No, no, no, I don't know the carb count of anything. I simply measure out the 2 cups of allowed veggies, eat my lovely salad (sometimes), and I have teh packets... That's my point. I DON'T know - and don't really want to know how many carbs it is I'm eating.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Kelsey -
Welcome!
Glad you have joined us and hope you are powering through your first week!

About your above comment - I also just measure the veggies and forget about it. Well, until this week (now I'm using fitday.com because I'm on phase 3 and wondering what it all adds up to). I saw that people on here were talking about cauliflower and broccoli having lots of carbs and I asked my coach right away about it. He is also on the diet. He took out the phase 1 sheet and pointed to where it says we can have cauliflower and broccoli included in our daily 4 cups of veggies. He said, "See? You're allowed to eat those veggies." That was the end of the discussion. You are right that this diet is easy because everything is laid out for you and there's the packets too! You know what I think would make it even easier? If the IP brand shaker had the measurements that it has now marked on it, but also if it had markings for where you fill the water to make the IP packets. One marking for puddings, another for drinks, one for soups, etc. It would make me not have to squint at the shaker and put it on the counter to measure. Haha! That's my biggest complaint about the diet. And really, that's small.

I'm vegetarian. You asked if your daughter could do the diet. I was told I could do it as a veg, so I did. At first I ate 2 eggs for dinner every single night. That got old after about a week and a half. So I added the fish and seafood. My coach said no tofu and beans when I asked about them as protein substitutes before I started. Just warn your daughter that the strict IP protocol calls for animal protein once a day in phase 1 with 3 packets. In phase 2, it's 2x a day and 2 packets. In phase 3, it's 3x a day and only 1 packet. Ogdog is doing her own version of IP and eating meat substitutes. It's working for her, maybe she will throw in a comment here! I think the loss is slower with the protein substitutes but I don't know since I'm not doing that! Also I am not sure exactly which ones she is eating. I thought I'd warn you since your daughter has a smallish amount to lose and will have to move to phase 2 sooner rather than later (and thus have to consume more animal protein).
Old 03-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #418  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Kelsey -
Welcome!
Glad you have joined us and hope you are powering through your first week!

About your above comment - I also just measure the veggies and forget about it. Well, until this week (now I'm using fitday.com because I'm on phase 3 and wondering what it all adds up to). I saw that people on here were talking about cauliflower and broccoli having lots of carbs and I asked my coach right away about it. He is also on the diet. He took out the phase 1 sheet and pointed to where it says we can have cauliflower and broccoli included in our daily 4 cups of veggies. He said, "See? You're allowed to eat those veggies." That was the end of the discussion. You are right that this diet is easy because everything is laid out for you and there's the packets too! You know what I think would make it even easier? If the IP brand shaker had the measurements that it has now marked on it, but also if it had markings for where you fill the water to make the IP packets. One marking for puddings, another for drinks, one for soups, etc. It would make me not have to squint at the shaker and put it on the counter to measure. Haha! That's my biggest complaint about the diet. And really, that's small.

I'm vegetarian. You asked if your daughter could do the diet. I was told I could do it as a veg, so I did. At first I ate 2 eggs for dinner every single night. That got old after about a week and a half. So I added the fish and seafood. My coach said no tofu and beans when I asked about them as protein substitutes before I started. Just warn your daughter that the strict IP protocol calls for animal protein once a day in phase 1 with 3 packets. In phase 2, it's 2x a day and 2 packets. In phase 3, it's 3x a day and only 1 packet. Ogdog is doing her own version of IP and eating meat substitutes. It's working for her, maybe she will throw in a comment here! I think the loss is slower with the protein substitutes but I don't know since I'm not doing that! Also I am not sure exactly which ones she is eating. I thought I'd warn you since your daughter has a smallish amount to lose and will have to move to phase 2 sooner rather than later (and thus have to consume more animal protein).
Thank you for the welcome!

My daughter doesn't eat eggs, seafood, nor chicken... she hasn't since she was 7 years old.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #419  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Raspberry Vinegarette and Cappuccino recipes are now posted in the recipe section!!
Thank you ! Your the best !
Old 03-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Hi C. Wifey! First off big congrats on your terrific loss! 55 lbs in 9 weeks in FANTASTIC!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Regarding the exercise...... I was not an active person prior to the IP plan, and was always afraid of trying new things - exercise wise. I wanted to do something, but all aerobic exercise was off limits in the beginning - and to be honest, there was no way I could do those types of exercises anyways!!!!

I spoke to the regional coach, and explained my desire to do something. to help with the loose skin and flab. He encouraged me to eat the jello or cran/pom drink daily, and do yoga! He said the best thing about yoga is that it is low impact and focuses on building your core muscles - which helps to tone and firm your body!

At first though I thought there is no way I am going to get into those positions lol - but it is so gentle and gradual that I have been doing 30 miunutes of yoga daily (on my Wii fit and with exercise video's) and LOVE it!

I am now happy to report that I am a full fledged yoga enthuisist! lol!
Thank you . I have always been a bit leary of yoga because I am so not flexible . but I will definitly give it a try . Thanks for the information .
Closed Thread