Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #301  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoastmama View Post
Just weighed and down 2.8 lbs. That makes 40 lbs and my BMI says I am no longer overweight!!! So excited. BMI said I was obese when I started. Still have farther to go, but very motivated now. Going to celebrate tonight!

We are so busy now, don't get to read often, but looks like everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work.

stacerp and libbyshims are those pictures of your dogs? Are they doodles?
WOW! 40 POUNDS! That is wonderful! I am sure you feel better and look terrific!

You are just in time for some spring shopping. Think of all the cute clothes you will be able to wear!

I still have 10 pounds to go to get to a 40 pound loss, I can't wait. It seems slower for me at 1.5 to 2.5 pounds a week. I have not had had a big loss in quite a few weeks. I don't mind though and I allow myself a restricted everyday usually. I am happy as long as the scale is going down.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Sarkbait -
Wow! Why does your coach say wasabi is fine and my coach says it's not? That was the response I got from the coach when I asked about eating sushi- no wasabi! They practically yelled it at me. Which didn't really make sense since I eat fresh horseradish and it's the same species of plant. Also, all natural ginger (the root or the powder) shouldn't have aspertame in it. Maybe the pickled stuff does? I'll ask them what's in it next time.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
i was going to get some food from lindora but they use aspartame in it not sucralose ( in most of them instead of the read to drink ones i think) and that will mess up ketosis... so being in bootcamp i was so worried about it slowing down weightloss but youll probably still lose
Hi, MTG, I just checked my Lindora boxes. None of them had any aspartame in them. They had sucralose (Splenda) and acesulfame-K, which is not aspartame.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well, it always seems like I am the insomniac making the last post of the night! I'll wait until no one has posted for likr an hour and realize everyone is in bed silly- why aren't you... well at least trying! It's the end of my 10th day and I feel stronger than ever on IP and I think that my stone cold determination and steadfast willpower is paying off because it seems the mental battle is dissapating( Dear God please don't let my words come back to bite me tomorrow with posessed donugnuts chasing me!) Also, today I finally got to go back and do a personal training session with my Muay thai instructor and it was cool- I found my mental faculties running ALOT slower than usual- like a Pentium with four processors only running on one, but still I was glad to be there. My muscles gave out alot faster but PT sessions are alot more intense. Also, another coolness factor is my instructor is doing low carb so he understands- ha. Not nearly as strict as we are but still gotta hand it to him- down 20 pounds last month- go HIM!! So anyway, I just have to say that all of your enthusiasm is down right CONTAGIOUS! And I find myself looking forward to getting on here everyday and hearing what all of you have to say, and reply- my friends! Wow- i sound like such a loser- ha. Anywho, but truly, when I got up this morning and went to check the scale for my progress over the past nine days I saw I was down 14 pounds total. That is huge. But the crazy thing is no one can even tell I'm losing any weight. Not really, my mom can sort of tell but its nothing spectacular. Gosh i was just thinking- what if this had taken me like four monthes and no one could tell, I would be so dissapointed. i think people will really start noticing over the next ten pounds, but the biggest person I want to notice is MYSELF! I can't wait to see how it helps my training with all this weight not moving me down. But you do have to admit that it does kind of stink when no one notices you lost 14 POUNDS- i mean that is alot isn't it? or am i over-reacting? i don't know anymore. its like SHES SO FAT WE CAN'T TELL. all right all right. I'm shutting up now. Be glad you don't have to talk to me in person! you can only get a word in edge wise when i go up for air... ha ha. All right well all of you have a fantastic Saturday( as I assume it is morning when you are reading this) and may you all have the strength to have victorius days with IP and your daily lives!!! XOXO **Goddess
Hey, I hear ya on the no-one noticing at 14 lbs. I was in kind of the same situation. There were a couple of factors in play for me:
1. I have been on other diets, lost and gained. Maybe no-one wants to say too much?
2. I am athletic (play soccer), and I carry my weight evenly throughout my body, so while the wt is going down and the inches lost are adding up, it is evenly distributed and less noticable.
3. It wasn't until I started to wear smaller clothes that people (at work) noticed (I wear scrubs--not very flattering for any body type). Two of my co-workers commented that they noticed I lost wt and I said "yeah, a little" (I was at 25 lbs then), but didn't elaborate because of comments that people sometimes make regarding restricted diets (don't need any negative energy; and I know what is happening with my body and that is all that is important).
4. Finally, one of my co-workers commented in our change room. "Wow, you really have lost weight. What are you down, 10 lbs?" Then I said "more like 29". It felt great!! She was surprised that I even had that much to lose, and was even more surprised that I had more to lose (I'm gunning for those size 5s again).
5. My husband and daughter are the best for commenting on my success which is very motivating .
So, my advice is to keep trudging along, and people will comment (maybe some are just being polite). But more importantly, you know how much you've lost and you know how your clothes feel! And, you probably have more confidence in your body and walk with your head held higher. Total strangers will notice that!!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hey, I don't mind questions this website keeps me going strong. Well His book is online and can be downloaded for free " The Unbalanced Diet For a Slimmer You" I believe that is the title. Anywho, I was given the actual physical book but you can read the exact same thing online; and I read it the day before I started.

Lately, I have been having mostly packets and shakes. Like a pre-made chocolate shake for breakfast, or the cereal, which I love(has 7 carbs when I need more) a shake for lunch, the pomegranate/cranberry/blueberry drink usually before i go on a long brisk walk or before muai thai and SOMETIMES one after if it is extremely strenuous and a pudding or shake at night. I'll have some pickles and some broccolli and cauliflower sometimes- but really they have alot of carbs and not alot of calories. they are good for you and you should eat them but if I forget- I don't eat them before bed because it will lower my weight loss I try to get them in mid day. So as of late Ive been having 4-5 packets a day. Which can get more expensive but if my weight goes down again tomorrow- I swear I'll be on track to lose more weight than in my first week. If I want to have a normal social meal- I will- but at my house we never sit down for dinner- so its just more convienent this way and the doctors and coaches say its okay but most people generally get burnt out more easily because they get sick of eating out of packets. Today was the first day I haven't been hungry- THANK GOD. Its my 10th day and I'm going stronger than ever.
I read his book (online) the day before I started too. My only worry about doing this (packets only) is what happens when you start the other phases and add food (and more calories) into your diet? Maybe it's the same as doing the regular Phase 1 and going into the other phases... Your thoughts?
Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

MuayThaiGoddess - that stinks to have insomnia! Sorry you couldn't sleep last night. That is the worst! I see you edited your post at 3:22am. I am silly when I can't sleep - I end up just laying in bed all night because I'm stubborn and won't let myself get up and do things. Anyway, my back needs the physical rest of laying down. Ugh! I wonder if this Calm stuff is actually helping me sleep? I've been sleeping well since I started taking it but that could be due to any number of factors, including taking less pain medicine.

Glad to hear you feel stronger than ever on IP! Day 10 and what a long, strange trip it's been. Lemme count... Today is my 55th day. I am almost into my 3rd food journal. No wonder your weight loss has been so phenominal! You're eating the packets only. I read that in Dr. Tran's book too. I would have liked to have tried that since cooking just takes forever (too bad I didn't think of doing that at the beginning). I feel like I spend soooo much time preparing food in the kitchen now. I have cut my thumb 2x in the past 3 weeks too. I just bought a steel glove so I won't cut the tip of my thumb off by accident! "Oh what happened to your thumb?" "The Ideal Protein diet!" It's cool that you can afford the extra expense and that it's more convenient for you to eat the packets only! I enjoyed reading Dr. Tran's book. I read it right after I started. Maybe I could use a re-read of it now. How's your book coming? If you want a reader/editor, I'd be happy to read it.

About the daily calories...If you care to track them and know exactly how much fuel your body is getting, I just started using fitday.com and I love the level of detail. You just put what you are eating and how much and it shows you a complete nutritional profile for each day. You can also track your activities/workouts and a whole bunch of other things on it, but I haven't started doing that yet. Just seeing the nutritional values of all the foods is interesting. I've had to enter the IP packets as "custom foods" but that's easy since the label has all the info on it. I think Jordanna uses it too.

I'll help you kick those devilish donut's butts out of your way if they start following you! I'd grab them and put them straight down the garbage disposal!! Woosh and gone! Your weight loss is awesome - 14 pounds in 9 days is really something!!! I bet people have noticed. You haven't gotten any comments yet, but that doesn't mean no one has noticed. People are self-absorbed anyway. You're totally right that if it took you say 14 weeks to lose those 14 pounds you would be depressed that no one said anything. Just wait, you'll get some comments this week for sure! I saw a friend last night I haven't seen at all since I went on IP and the first thing out of her mouth was, "You look great! What did you do?" Woot!

Thanks for the comment on my bird observations. Glad I made you laugh! The birds are singing so lovely this week in the mornings. They are heralding the arrival of spring.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
Just weighed and down 2.8 lbs. That makes 40 lbs and my BMI says I am no longer overweight!!! So excited. BMI said I was obese when I started. Still have farther to go, but very motivated now. Going to celebrate tonight!

We are so busy now, don't get to read often, but looks like everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work.

Way to go, Eastcoastmama! (love your name, by the way) That is so awesome!! I have to get to my goal weight of 150 before I am considered to have a normal BMI. Not 151... 150. That doesn't leave me much leeway, does it? haha However, on Lindora's website (I was checking that out last night) my BMI was already normal. It surprised me that it was so different than every other calculator out there - ya know, since they are trying to sell a diet product. Anyhoo, I digress.... Congratulations!!!

Yes, we both have Golden Doodles. Libby has Daisygirl and I have Tucker. Doodles are awesome - sweet, obedient, loyal, fun and smart. "Mama is a little biased of her Tucker Boy, huh?" (I'm saying that in my 'taking to my doggies in a sing-song baby voice' lol)

Last edited by stacerp; 03-20-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Tricia, As far as I know, they aren't offering a coupon or discount today, but I usually get a special offer in my email about every other week. They had a 40% off online coupon earlier this week (on the 16th and 17th). If you want to wait, I could let you know the next time they send me something. Even if you don't want to wait, it will be cheaper than IP. Last time I ordered, everything cost about half as much and the shipping was just over $9 for 8 boxes of packets.
When I buy anything online,before I get to the checkout, I always open up another browser and type in Lindora Coupon Code (or whatever I am shopping)...this will bring up excellent websites like couponmountain.com or retailmenot.com; they post coupon codes for you to use. some offer free shipping or % discounts. that is where I got the walden farms ccodes. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #309  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Well it's day 2. I'm obviously new here. However, for the past 24 hours I've read post after post on here, so I feel like I already know most of you! My name is Melissa, I live in FL.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #310  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:

Hi Eastcoastmama-

Yes, that is my Daisygirl-she is a 2nd generation Goldendoodle. Her Mom is a Goldendoodle (Golden retriever x Standard Poodle) and her Dad is a Standard Poodle. We went with a 2nd generation because of pet allergies in the house and we have had no reactions at all. She doesn't shed, has no dander issues and is a wonderful dog to have. She is 60 pounds, 1 year and 3 mos. old. I have 2 boys ages 9 and 5 and she is wonderful to them. Anyone looking for a good family pet that doesn't shed--Doodles are the way to go!!
Can you tell we love our girly?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #311  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Well it's day 2. I'm obviously new here. However, for the past 24 hours I've read post after post on here, so I feel like I already know most of you! My name is Melissa, I live in FL.

Welcome Kelsey!! I am pretty new here too. I am on my 9th day and it is going well. It's amazing once your get through the first 3 to 4 days how you're suddenly not hungry anymore and your body just kicks into gear. Make sure you eat all your packets and veggies and don't forget the salt or your headache will get you

Good luck. This website is soooo addicting. I look at it more than Facebook!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:45 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Welcome ! You will love this site . I have learned so much from all the great people on here . More than I get from my coach . You will do great ! And feel great also . Good luck !
Old 03-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #313  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
WOW! 40 POUNDS! That is wonderful! I am sure you feel better and look terrific!

You are just in time for some spring shopping. Think of all the cute clothes you will be able to wear!

I still have 10 pounds to go to get to a 40 pound loss, I can't wait. It seems slower for me at 1.5 to 2.5 pounds a week. I have not had had a big loss in quite a few weeks. I don't mind though and I allow myself a restricted everyday usually. I am happy as long as the scale is going down.
Congragulations ! $0 lbs is awesoem and what a great feeling to know that you are now considered normal weight ! YAhoo ! LOL . So proud of you .
Old 03-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #314  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Congragulations ! $0 lbs is awesoem and what a great feeling to know that you are now considered normal weight ! YAhoo ! LOL . So proud of you .
Sorry thats suppose to be 40 lbs !
Old 03-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #315  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Thank you so much Carlasherea! I have read a lot of your stuff. You're always sweet. Thanks for the Will Power Dust - today it seems I may need it. I'm hungry, maybe lunch will be early today!
Closed Thread