3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Chat - Week of March 15 - 21st

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #286
:)
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 483

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Mystical Mamma that was such a great recipe! I loved the coffee. Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is very important to me. If I blow in the moring with coffee, it can blow my day, and ultimately my diet. Thanks again. I did sprinkle a little cinnamon on the top, it was very frothy because I used the Kuerig to make the cover right on top of the choc pudding. WOW - it was great.
Kelsey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #287
Senior Member
 
Chaplains wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: washington
Posts: 201

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Mystical Mamma that was such a great recipe! I loved the coffee. Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is very important to me. If I blow in the moring with coffee, it can blow my day, and ultimately my diet. Thanks again. I did sprinkle a little cinnamon on the top, it was very frothy because I used the Kuerig to make the cover right on top of the choc pudding. WOW - it was great.
Sounds like a great receipe could you share it with us again ?
Chaplains wifey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #288
Senior Member
 
Chaplains wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: washington
Posts: 201

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Made the salad dressing tonight using the rasberry Jello packet . Its really good .
Chaplains wifey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 12:32 AM   #289
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 32

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
kate87 -
I love sushi and I have gone out for it 2x so far since I've been on IP (about to finish up my 8th week). You are not allowed to have wasabi - I asked my coach. Of course you can eat the soy sauce, ginger, and the diakon radishes. They usually use the diakon radish (white Japanese radish) as garnish on sashimi plates.

Order sashimi. Also, seaweed is an allowed veggie (it falls under the algae category). If they have seaweed salad (wakame) have some! I like it a lot. I think I counted that as 1 cup of veggies. And I had 7 pieces of sashimi (it's just the fish) which is about 7 ounces. In doing some research, I discovered that Yellowtail is a type of Red Fish, which is on the sheet. Pretty much every other type of fish that they will serve you is on the sheet too (except Whitefish - I can't find that one anywhere!).

Enjoy your sushi. There should really be a sushi smiley face icon, don't you think?
I found out from my coach that wasabi is fine. I know this is a late response, but I have yet to catch up >_<

also, don't eat the ginger. I went to the Japanese market a few days ago and ginger contains asparatame. That's right, the stuff that is in the diet soda we love so much and can't drink because it inhibits weightloss. I should know, I didn't lose that much weight one week because of consumption of ginger....
Sarkbait is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #290
Started IP March 1, 2010
 
WyoSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sundance, Wy.
Posts: 317

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Lindora

WyoSky...the only Lindora I am trying is the chicken noodle soup, cream of chicken w/veggies, wildberry drink & pineapple/apricot drink. I looked at the nutrition info and only picked ones with less than 7 carbs. That stays within IP's guidelines for bootcamp. It saves some money and provides a little change once in a while. I also ordered their multivitamin the other day at 40% off. I want to compare and see if I can use them.
Thanks for the congrats. I am feeling good on this diet and it is working for me. It's a nice feeling.
Had grilled chicken breast at Applebee's. It was served with broccoli and potatoes. I asked for all veggies. The broccoli was not very good. Not steamed quite long enough and no flavor at all. Of course, I forgot my salt.
Oh, well. The chicken was good and I ate about a cup of veggies. That was over 4 hours ago and I am still stuffed. I think I had more like 7 or 8 oz of chicken, but I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. As long as I didn't order dessert, I'm good.
WyoSun is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 01:22 AM   #291
IP Start Date 11/18/2009
 
wagnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 66

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Altoids Smalls

Has anyone's coach commented on Altoid Smalls - they're sugar-free and sweetened with Sucralose - no aspartame?
__________________
wagnomore is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #292
Goddess of Research
 
MuayThaiGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississippi- close to Memphis...
Posts: 156

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default has aspartame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
WyoSky...the only Lindora I am trying is the chicken noodle soup, cream of chicken w/veggies, wildberry drink & pineapple/apricot drink. I looked at the nutrition info and only picked ones with less than 7 carbs. That stays within IP's guidelines for bootcamp. It saves some money and provides a little change once in a while. I also ordered their multivitamin the other day at 40% off. I want to compare and see if I can use them.
Thanks for the congrats. I am feeling good on this diet and it is working for me. It's a nice feeling.
Had grilled chicken breast at Applebee's. It was served with broccoli and potatoes. I asked for all veggies. The broccoli was not very good. Not steamed quite long enough and no flavor at all. Of course, I forgot my salt.
Oh, well. The chicken was good and I ate about a cup of veggies. That was over 4 hours ago and I am still stuffed. I think I had more like 7 or 8 oz of chicken, but I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. As long as I didn't order dessert, I'm good.
i was going to get some food from lindora but they use aspartame in it not sucralose ( in most of them instead of the read to drink ones i think) and that will mess up ketosis... so being in bootcamp i was so worried about it slowing down weightloss but youll probably still lose
MuayThaiGoddess is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 01:38 AM   #293
Goddess of Research
 
MuayThaiGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississippi- close to Memphis...
Posts: 156

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default ip packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
what do you mean by <I've gone on all i.p. packets to accelerate my weight loss> .... are you only doing packets and not meat and veggies?
in Dr.Chann's book he says that you can do all IP packets but still have veggies at lunch and dinner. the fish at dinner is really supposed to help for social settings. so yeah, pretty much i only have the packets and the first 3 days of week two i've lost five pounds.
MuayThaiGoddess is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #294
Goddess of Research
 
MuayThaiGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississippi- close to Memphis...
Posts: 156

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default Tn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
what do you mean by <I've gone on all i.p. packets to accelerate my weight loss> .... are you only doing packets and not meat and veggies?
where in TN do you live? i live right by memphis...
MuayThaiGoddess is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #295
Senior Member
 
stacerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 182

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
in Dr.Chann's book he says that you can do all IP packets but still have veggies at lunch and dinner. the fish at dinner is really supposed to help for social settings. so yeah, pretty much i only have the packets and the first 3 days of week two i've lost five pounds.
Is his book sold at book stores? Or do you mean the one that you can download for free? So do you do 4 packets, or more? How many calories are you getting per day? (sorry for all the questions It's just funny because I have thought I could definitely, on most days, do only the packets.
stacerp is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 03:34 AM   #296
Goddess of Research
 
MuayThaiGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississippi- close to Memphis...
Posts: 156

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default ip packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Is his book sold at book stores? Or do you mean the one that you can download for free? So do you do 4 packets, or more? How many calories are you getting per day? (sorry for all the questions It's just funny because I have thought I could definitely, on most days, do only the packets.
Hey, I don't mind questions this website keeps me going strong. Well His book is online and can be downloaded for free " The Unbalanced Diet For a Slimmer You" I believe that is the title. Anywho, I was given the actual physical book but you can read the exact same thing online; and I read it the day before I started.

Lately, I have been having mostly packets and shakes. Like a pre-made chocolate shake for breakfast, or the cereal, which I love(has 7 carbs when I need more) a shake for lunch, the pomegranate/cranberry/blueberry drink usually before i go on a long brisk walk or before muai thai and SOMETIMES one after if it is extremely strenuous and a pudding or shake at night. I'll have some pickles and some broccolli and cauliflower sometimes- but really they have alot of carbs and not alot of calories. they are good for you and you should eat them but if I forget- I don't eat them before bed because it will lower my weight loss I try to get them in mid day. So as of late Ive been having 4-5 packets a day. Which can get more expensive but if my weight goes down again tomorrow- I swear I'll be on track to lose more weight than in my first week. If I want to have a normal social meal- I will- but at my house we never sit down for dinner- so its just more convienent this way and the doctors and coaches say its okay but most people generally get burnt out more easily because they get sick of eating out of packets. Today was the first day I haven't been hungry- THANK GOD. Its my 10th day and I'm going stronger than ever.
MuayThaiGoddess is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #297
Goddess of Research
 
MuayThaiGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississippi- close to Memphis...
Posts: 156

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default

oh i forgot to say that i am generally taking in about 500 calories a day- sometimes 600- the packets are between 90-100 so do the math if i have 4 and then 4 cups of veggies at 35 a cup it would be 520- low but seems to work 600 if i throw in another pack and lower if i miss my veggies eek
MuayThaiGoddess is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 04:07 AM   #298
Goddess of Research
 
MuayThaiGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississippi- close to Memphis...
Posts: 156

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Talking End of the Day or Beginning of the Morning

Well, it always seems like I am the insomniac making the last post of the night! I'll wait until no one has posted for likr an hour and realize everyone is in bed silly- why aren't you... well at least trying! It's the end of my 10th day and I feel stronger than ever on IP and I think that my stone cold determination and steadfast willpower is paying off because it seems the mental battle is dissapating( Dear God please don't let my words come back to bite me tomorrow with posessed donugnuts chasing me!) Also, today I finally got to go back and do a personal training session with my Muay thai instructor and it was cool- I found my mental faculties running ALOT slower than usual- like a Pentium with four processors only running on one, but still I was glad to be there. My muscles gave out alot faster but PT sessions are alot more intense. Also, another coolness factor is my instructor is doing low carb so he understands- ha. Not nearly as strict as we are but still gotta hand it to him- down 20 pounds last month- go HIM!! So anyway, I just have to say that all of your enthusiasm is down right CONTAGIOUS! And I find myself looking forward to getting on here everyday and hearing what all of you have to say, and reply- my friends! Wow- i sound like such a loser- ha. Anywho, but truly, when I got up this morning and went to check the scale for my progress over the past nine days I saw I was down 14 pounds total. That is huge. But the crazy thing is no one can even tell I'm losing any weight. Not really, my mom can sort of tell but its nothing spectacular. Gosh i was just thinking- what if this had taken me like four monthes and no one could tell, I would be so dissapointed. i think people will really start noticing over the next ten pounds, but the biggest person I want to notice is MYSELF! I can't wait to see how it helps my training with all this weight not moving me down. But you do have to admit that it does kind of stink when no one notices you lost 14 POUNDS- i mean that is alot isn't it? or am i over-reacting? i don't know anymore. its like SHES SO FAT WE CAN'T TELL. all right all right. I'm shutting up now. Be glad you don't have to talk to me in person! you can only get a word in edge wise when i go up for air... ha ha. All right well all of you have a fantastic Saturday( as I assume it is morning when you are reading this) and may you all have the strength to have victorius days with IP and your daily lives!!! XOXO **Goddess

Last edited by MuayThaiGoddess : 03-20-2010 at 04:22 AM.
MuayThaiGoddess is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #299
Started Ip on 12/19/09
 
Eastcoastmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 48

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Height: 5'5"

Default

Just weighed and down 2.8 lbs. That makes 40 lbs and my BMI says I am no longer overweight!!! So excited. BMI said I was obese when I started. Still have farther to go, but very motivated now. Going to celebrate tonight!

We are so busy now, don't get to read often, but looks like everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work.

stacerp and libbyshims are those pictures of your dogs? Are they doodles?
__________________
Eastcoastmama is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #300
Senior Member
 
BlueMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 425

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
Well, it always seems like I am the insomniac making the last post of the night! I'll wait until no one has posted for likr an hour and realize everyone is in bed silly- why aren't you... well at least trying! It's the end of my 10th day and I feel stronger than ever on IP and I think that my stone cold determination and steadfast willpower is paying off because it seems the mental battle is dissapating( Dear God please don't let my words come back to bite me tomorrow with posessed donugnuts chasing me!) Also, today I finally got to go back and do a personal training session with my Muay thai instructor and it was cool- I found my mental faculties running ALOT slower than usual- like a Pentium with four processors only running on one, but still I was glad to be there. My muscles gave out alot faster but PT sessions are alot more intense. Also, another coolness factor is my instructor is doing low carb so he understands- ha. Not nearly as strict as we are but still gotta hand it to him- down 20 pounds last month- go HIM!! So anyway, I just have to say that all of your enthusiasm is down right CONTAGIOUS! And I find myself looking forward to getting on here everyday and hearing what all of you have to say, and reply- my friends! Wow- i sound like such a loser- ha. Anywho, but truly, when I got up this morning and went to check the scale for my progress over the past nine days I saw I was down 14 pounds total. That is huge. But the crazy thing is no one can even tell I'm losing any weight. Not really, my mom can sort of tell but its nothing spectacular. Gosh i was just thinking- what if this had taken me like four monthes and no one could tell, I would be so dissapointed. i think people will really start noticing over the next ten pounds, but the biggest person I want to notice is MYSELF! I can't wait to see how it helps my training with all this weight not moving me down. But you do have to admit that it does kind of stink when no one notices you lost 14 POUNDS- i mean that is alot isn't it? or am i over-reacting? i don't know anymore. its like SHES SO FAT WE CAN'T TELL. all right all right. I'm shutting up now. Be glad you don't have to talk to me in person! you can only get a word in edge wise when i go up for air... ha ha. All right well all of you have a fantastic Saturday( as I assume it is morning when you are reading this) and may you all have the strength to have victorius days with IP and your daily lives!!! XOXO **Goddess

Good morning,

Don't worry about people not noticing. You probably carry your weight from head to toe which is a good thing. I am 5'9" and usually have to lose 20 pounds before someone else notices. Your pants are probably fitting better or you have dropped down a size. Don't fret over it and realize that some are noticing but are unsure if they should comment also. You have done terrific and with such discipline especially when you didn't feel very well at the beginning. Keep going strong they will notice!
__________________


BlueMermaid is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th jordanna Ideal Protein Diet 551 03-19-2010 06:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2