Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #271  

Smile Weigh To Go!!!

Wow, everyone is doing so great. The enthusiasm is amazing and contagious.

Thanks for sharing your pictures Jordanna! You are very motivational to all of us. I am amazed how much the loss shows in your face. I can't wait to see the next updates!

I have not had much time to reply to all the posts but it seems like everyone is stepping up and helping each other out. What a great forum of people we have!

As far as the bars go, the vanilla peanut, cookies and cream and a new one we have is white chocolate cinnamon are all very good. My friend likes the lemon poppyseed and the cranberry one.

Hang in there and watch those pounds melt away. Have a great weekend everyone!

Spring begins tomorrow! I hope everyone is warming up.

Last edited by BlueMermaid; 03-19-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #272  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I thought about the bars, but decided to stay away from them. I'm not much of a chocolate eater(I know, I'm weird), but that new white chocolate cinnamon thing sounded good when she told me about it this morning. I'm just afraid they are something I could get addicted to and if I stay on the bootcamp as long as possible it will be better.
My step-daughter is getting married May 1, so I'm planning on boot camp till then. We'll see how that works out. I have couple dresses I'd like to fit into by then.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
I've only had 3 bars (they came with my first week package), but I did rate everything that I tried for the first time. It looks like I really liked the Vanilla Peanut Bar. Have you ever tried the chocolate soy crisps? I had them last week when I was craving Easter candy in a terrible way. Yummola! They taste like Whoppers. I got another package of them yesterday to have on hand if we go to the movies. My plan is to buy a big, fat pickle for the first half of the movie and then have the choco soy crisps for the second half!
Thanks, stacerp! I might have to try those soy crisps - yum!! Easter will be here soon and I am sooooo missing chocolate. It is going to be tough. Hmmm . . . salt and chocolate, that sounds like my PMS cravings!!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I thought about the bars, but decided to stay away from them. I'm not much of a chocolate eater(I know, I'm weird), but that new white chocolate cinnamon thing sounded good when she told me about it this morning. I'm just afraid they are something I could get addicted to and if I stay on the bootcamp as long as possible it will be better.
My step-daughter is getting married May 1, so I'm planning on boot camp till then. We'll see how that works out. I have couple dresses I'd like to fit into by then.
Thanks, WyoSun. I am worried about that too. I haven't had any of the restricted foods yet, and worry that if I do, that will be it - downhill from there. One thing leads to another!!

I am a huge chocolate (yes, you are weird ) fan, plus any pasta and baking, etc.

I am starting Week 3 and I still feel like it wouldn't take much for me to fall of the wagon.

I have to keep telling myself, do I want the weight off or do I want that homemade chocolate chocolate chip cookie that my daughter baked last night!!!

Thanks! Take Care -
Old 03-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #275  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

.4 lb away from joining that club many of you have already joined. Tried to walk today before lunch. Big mistake. Not enough energy to make it happen for more than 1 mile. A beautiful day. I need to exercise in the morning tomorrow.
LJHA - sugar, especially chocolate, explains all of my weight gain. I was eating a pretty healthy diet until after dinner when the sugar cravings began. Cookies and chocolate and ice cream were real favorites. Ultimately I would make myself feel so ill night after night. I don't want to feel that way anymore. Keep taking it a day at a time. Today I don't plan to eat chocolate. No promises for tomorrow. 5 weeks is a real miracle! Don't you wish we would finally not crave it anymore???
Old 03-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #276  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
... chocolate soy crisps...snip...They taste like Whoppers.
Gosh I hope so. I bought a package today at the weigh in. Will also try them during a movie!
Old 03-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Congrats to everyone out there who has done so awesome this week with all their weigh-in, etc. Way to go. Even a lb. is motivation to keep going.

Jordanna - you look awesome - wow!!

It usually takes me about 30 lbs. before people have even noticed I have
lost weight - seems strange, but . . . I know I am doing this for me and also health reason, but it is nice when people start to notice.

I don't seem to have as much energy as lots of you are talking about - I am into week 3. Should I wait awhile before I add another potassium? Can we damage our kidneys/liver by doing this?

I sometimes get "restless" legs, and have started experiencing those at night again, plus dreaming - OMG - i don't feel like I'm getting any sleep, just dream after dream after dream (plus lots of having to get up and go pee).

I might try some of the bars for a treat. Let me know your vote for best flavoured bar.

Take Care -
I love the caramel nut bar. It is covered in chocolate so I'm not completely deprived of chocolate on the diet. Also, Lindora has the identical bar for half the price.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #278  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLMIKE
Hi everyone, had a another good week this week. Another 4 lbs down. That is 31 in 6 weeks. Found a store here in Fort Lauderdale that sells all the Walden Farms products and i must admit the carmel is excellent. I take two teaspoons or that, along with my vanilla pudding, 1/2 cup of coffee, and put it in the blender for breakfast!! Hope everyone has a great week!

I posted to you a while back, but being gone for almost a week, its easy to miss a lot of posts. Here it is:

Congrats on your great number!

I live in Broward too. Where do they sell all Walden Farms? Publix only has a few of the dressings?

I got frustrated and was ready to buy online from WF, but they require a Google Account, which I really did not want to do. So I found American Diabetes Warehouse (ADW) that sells all WF products at about 26% off, plus I got a promo code for $12.00, and free shipping if over $100.00. I didn't buy $100 worth of WF, but my Husbands diabetes tests strips were much cheaper than CVS. Turns out ADW is in Pompano, but they wouldn't let me come pick my order up.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #279  

Congrats for all the losses, big an small. So many of you are doing so well and really making the plan work for you. We are all so different in our approaches and losses.

This morning I had the orange pancakes again and they were great! I got some of the WF syrup and it was very good. This time I only used 4 oz of water and that made the pancakes a little thicker. Yumm.

I also tried the WF apple butter and it was a little different, but good for another taste. I put a little on the pancakes. My coach told me that one other of her clients just eats it by the spoon from the jar. I can see doing that!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #280  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

BevS - I am ready to try Lindora now. Do you or anyone know of any coupon codes to use?
Old 03-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #281  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
whew I am tired tonight- i went on a long fast walk with my son- almost an hour and a half- i usually gauge it that im walking almost as fast as i can before a jog and i can easily smoke a cigerette HAHA!(ppl usually say carry on a conversation...) anyway... ive been STARVING- i've gone on all IP packets to accelerate my weight loss and when i woke up this morning from yesterday i was down another 3.5 pounds- how on earth is that possible- i was making sure i had all my limbs.... but ill take it... ALSO THANK YOU whoever reminded me to eat my salt I KEEP FORGETTING THAT and i just downd a bunch of salt water- i think that might have helped yesterday= i had more enrgy during the day today but it just took a nose dive.

JORDANNA- WTG! what a difference in your face!!! so cool.

And to all you closet dieters I hear ya- I've told some- but i'm not bragging about it- my scale says im down 13 pounds in 9 days but the fact is NO ONE CAN TELL and that is more embarrassing than having ppl just think im fat... i think. well im harder on myself than others- but the figters at the gym- theyre all ADONUS'S so i definately look like Helga.

Anywho, Congrats on everyones WI'S AND NSV'S!! good job on the maple bars-- so cruel. Goodnight.
what do you mean by <I've gone on all i.p. packets to accelerate my weight loss> .... are you only doing packets and not meat and veggies?
Old 03-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
WyoSun -

Wow! What a great loss!! It's so cool that you are losing more each week! Good job on the 5.6 lb loss!

RJC -

Woot! Good job!!! 3 pounds = 10,500 calories. Woah!

Chaplains wifey -

55 pounds is amazing! I bet your husband will be astounded when he sees you! So sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you ! I am so excited for him to see me . I miss him so much ! Went to the doctor today and they said I had a chest cold and sinus infection .Should start to feel better soon .
Old 03-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
BevS - I am ready to try Lindora now. Do you or anyone know of any coupon codes to use?
Hi, Tricia, As far as I know, they aren't offering a coupon or discount today, but I usually get a special offer in my email about every other week. They had a 40% off online coupon earlier this week (on the 16th and 17th). If you want to wait, I could let you know the next time they send me something. Even if you don't want to wait, it will be cheaper than IP. Last time I ordered, everything cost about half as much and the shipping was just over $9 for 8 boxes of packets.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #284  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Tricia, As far as I know, they aren't offering a coupon or discount today, but I usually get a special offer in my email about every other week. They had a 40% off online coupon earlier this week (on the 16th and 17th). If you want to wait, I could let you know the next time they send me something. Even if you don't want to wait, it will be cheaper than IP. Last time I ordered, everything cost about half as much and the shipping was just over $9 for 8 boxes of packets.
If you don't mind letting me know, that would be great.
I have to buy a week's worth at my doc's but I thought I
would get some extras to have on hand to try Lindora. I'm in no hurry so to wait for 40% off or whatever the promotion is would be fine. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #285  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Just had Lindora chicken noodle soup. Really quite good. Hubby wants to celebrate my loss with a movie tonight. Sweet guy!! That popcorn smell is going to be a little rough, but we will eat supper right before we go.
WYOSUN..I am just catching up on posts and want to congratulate you on your great success this week! Wow!

I know you are on bootcamp (as am I) but I am wondering what Lindora products you are using, is it just the chicken noodle or other stuff too?
Closed Thread