Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

I'm proud of myself right now. The CEO (I work at a small company) is buying everyone Rita's water ice today he came by to let me know, and I had to pass up, when I explained why, he said good for me, and he will support my efforts, yay, I'm excited as most of the office is rooting for me, I'm not trying to lose a huge amount, but more trying to make sure I'm healthy so that I don't keep on the weight gain path, the past year I've put on more than I had in the previous 5 years since graduating college. Gotta stop this in it's tracks, and it's working, with office and boyfriend support!!!

Last edited by babs181; 03-18-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #197  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
I'm proud of myself right now. The CEO (I work at a small company) is buying everyone Rita's water ice today he came by to let me know, and I had to pass up, when I explained why, he said good for me, and he will support my efforts, yay, I'm excited as most of the office is rooting for me, I'm not trying to lose a huge amount, but more trying to make sure I'm healthy so that I don't keep on the weight gain path, the past year I've put on more than I had in the previous 5 years since graduating college. Gotta stop this in it's tracks, and it's working, with office and boyfriend support!!!
I'm right with you Babs! I work at a school with a dreaded Teacher's Lounge. Today the principal bought 2 dozen doughnuts. Of course one whole box is Maple Bars (my fav) I walked in watching everyone stuff their face with these little glazed covered, creme filled, fat carriers and filled my water bottle and walked out. I always feel better and will soon look better than most of them. This afternoon they will be in Sugar-induced comas and I will be spunky and 8 lbs lighter
Old 03-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Babs and Carlasherea, you did great! I think it's also good, Babs, that you are enlisting the support of your office and boyfriend. When I start a diet (or something similar) I ask for the support of those around me. Makes changing habits and working towards a difficult goal much easier.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #199  

Babs and Carla- Nothing feels as good as knowing you made a great decision for your health and you will soon be looking Fine! I had that happen too with a staff lunch. I felt pretty good, but had to get away from the "goodies" fast. No use making it harder than it has to be.

Jordanna - great idea for the vanilla and chocolate shakes for variety.

Congratulations to all the great losers, those with NSVs and ALL of us that are making a choice to live more healthfully! Yeah for us!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #200  

Default Progress Pictures

Hiya everyone,

I posted some 2 month and 40 lbs down progress pictures on my blog! I couldn't post them on here, I think the picture file is too big

I ♥ Ideal Protein

Last edited by jordanna; 03-18-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #201  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
I've a couple of slow weeks recently and wanted to share that I finally hit the 50lb lost mark. I've had a block against that number and it feels good to get past it. Onward and down!!!!
WooooHOOO!!!! Keep up the wonderful job. I bet it feels GrrrreaT!!!!

I too have been having trouble or a block getting past the 50lbs loss. Its driving me crazy because I still haven't got there. Hopefully this week.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #202  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Kate87 I am finishing week 5 today too. Aren't you thrilled with your results?
I really am!! At first I was getting discouraged and not losing as fast as I'd like (pretty greedy!) but I'm finally starting to see my body change and have been getting new clothes and feeling fabulous!! I was going to be done at 6 weeks but I haven't cheated or felt tempted so I'm going to stay on until i'm closer to goal.

I'm like you and eat a lot of similar foods... I love the vanilla w/ coffee and the chocolate pudding is another favorite. I eat them a lot and am happy I haven't gotten sick of them

I weighed myself at home today and am 179, I can't remember the last time i was in the 170's!!!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #203  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya everyone,

I posted some 2 month and 40 lbs down progress pictures! I couldn't post them on here, I think the picture file is too big

I ♥ Ideal Protein
You look AMAZING!!! Don't get discouraged, I know 80 seems like a lot but you can do it I don't know if you feel this way, but for me the weeks fly by on this diet. I try to take it 1 week and 1 loss at a time and it has helped!!!

Sooo tonight I'm going out for sushi, the first time out on this diet. I'm a bit nervous, my plan is to get salmon or tuna wrapped in soy paper and dip it lightly in soy. does that sound ok?? has anyone else had sushi on the plan?
Old 03-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #204  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Hiya everyone,

I posted some 2 month and 40 lbs down progress pictures on my blog! I couldn't post them on here, I think the picture file is too big

I ♥ Ideal Protein
Wow....Hot Momma!!! What a major difference. Thanks for sharing. Your such an inspiration. And thanks for always offering helpful suggestions and ideas.

I ♥ Ideal Protein Too!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

MuayThaiGoddess -
I read your all bold post just now and wanted to comment right away-

I have read that a magnesium deficiency could be to blame for the tingling feelings you are getting. Also, don't worry about the cornstarch or other ingredients in your medications - you are on them with a doctor's order, just like this diet.

I recently started taking this stuff called Calm - my clinic sold it to me. You can find it online too. It's raspberry-Lemon flavored and sweetened with stevia. It's an absorbable form of magnesium. I think you should try it. Magnesium is supposed to help with lots of things, absorbing calcium, sleeping (I have insomnia from pain or the pain meds).
The official name is : Natural Calm by Peter Gillham's Natural Vitality

The tingles are really scary because most of the time I think it's nerve pain. Going to my chiropractor to help my crooked back seems to help. I'll send you the link via personal message after this meeting (work!).

Hang in there! I hope you feel better!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #206  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hiya everyone,

I ♥ Ideal Protein
Wow Jordanna you look awesome!!! You've just shrunk all over - your face is especially different - Way to GO!!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #207  

Height: 5'8

Hey all

Firstly i wanted to say i am quite proud of myself. Yesterday i went to 2 bars. The first was with my friends from work and everyone was drinking beer and having a great time, and there i was drinking.....WATER!!!! All i wanted to do was leave cause i knew if i had to stay there i would have caved and started drinking.

Next after my hockey game i went to the bar again with my hockey friends. I was starving and i figured i would just have dinner while they all drink. Again i ordered water and a chicken salad with no dressing, croutons, bacon bits, or cheese. They were all looking at me like what has gotten into you!!!!

Anyways, as much as i wanted to have some beer i didnt, which is a big deal for me. I have my second weigh in tomorrow so im just hoping its going to be all worth it. I guess i will find out tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #208  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
I swear sometimes this diet feels like the bataan death march... okay so maybe I'm exaggerating, but i think i have more side effects and adverse reactions than any FDA label. Today my shoulders down to my hands on both sides started tingling like they were going to sleep and then my forearms got worse around my wrists and DID go to sleep, and then my face started doing the same thing- ya know like when you sit on your foot too long? well i assure you i wasn't sitting on my face. it was a little alarming and then I blacked out a couple times, that was nice.... sigh- not to mention I WAS OUT OF KETOSIS FOR 24 HOURS or i was on trace on the ketostix. and i am like a friggin **** on this diet- so of course I am re-evaluating EVERY SINGLE thing i have consumed and googling it and deconstructing everything to try to find a logical anwser- because this is science and there must be a different variable. I have a couple of theories. Onion powder my mom put on my grilled chicken- no nutrition facts- stupid communists.... why of ALL spices that had to be the one with no ingredients... my theory is onions reach their peak of flavor when they are caramalized and so there has to be some sugar in there. Second, i took about 1,000 mg of ibproufen yesterday- yeah great found out THAT has sugar in it. also my adderall does and pretty much all my meds either have corn starch or some sort of carbohydrate but i really think it was the ibuprofen and maybe the onion powder. But im ready to defend the adderall, but i might try to back off and see what happens. I just feel like i have to become a detective at a crime scene to figure all this crap out and I do not have my P.H.D in Google yet so it takes me a little longer than others who are super saavy. anywho- I did lose another pound on the scale this morning so thats good but I want to start feeling better and not blacking out and having my limbs go to sleep!! I did have a NSV I think. I have been practically having auditory hallucinations from the sugar cookies in my cabinet and it was causing me to GO CRAZY wanting to go off the diet- i was feeding them to my mom, my son, my three dogs- i was so close to having five because i was out of ketosis anyway but instead I left my mother a note telling her to BRING THEM TO WORK- OR ILL NEED TO GET A RESTRAINING ORDER FROM THEM!! it was hard to let them go- ISN'T THAT INSANE? but I didn't have one craving all day with them gone- thank God!! and no more food talking to me...... i was proud of myself. I had a very severe eating disorder for 10 years so food can have a strong effect on me- even in recovery- but I overcame it AND IT FELT GREAT!! Sorry so long!! Just venting and saying the latest- maybe someone will know something about the meds or learn something from it. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND COMPASSION! i look forward to your replies everyday! Especially you cinnamon sparkles- no wonder you are such a fav! what a bright ray of sun shine!! Good night everyone and stay strong!
this totally cracks me up! On a more serious note, I have had the same tingling in my hands and feet too, and the dr. ended up running all kinds of blood work on me. Who knows, it may be the Motrin, cause I would take a 800mg tab. for leg pain, (I had a leg injury several years ago and have to take meds everyday for it, but sometimes I need a Motrin too!) Haven't had much tingling since just here and there...I will pay more attention next time I take a Motrin.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #209  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
Just finished catching up on posts and again, have to say this is my favorite part of my morning ritual!

Jordanna-I was LOL when you mentioned the vanilla pudding is like cake batter. It is one of my favorites, and I couldn't put my finger on why I like it so much until you posted that it tastes like cake batter...BINGO!!! Totally made me smile .

Stacerp- from your profile pic, it looks like you are a Doodle owner? Me too! Just love our Daisygirl.

Major NSV for me yesterday- when cleaning out my closet last week, I found 3 pairs of jeans from 5 years ago. All designer and pretty expensive, which is why I held onto them for so long. Anyway, yesterday, I figured what the heck, I'm gonna see how far I can get them up my thighs..remembering that about once a year when I was feeling skinny, I would pull them out and couldn't get them past my knees. WELL--They FIT!!! Truthfully, they look a bit trashy--still need either 5 more pounds or a good stomach flu--but I was able to get them up and buttoned even!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow!!! Have a great day, all!!!
awesome news! you'll be lookin like a hot mama when you wear them, I'm sure of it!!
Old 03-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #210  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Babs and Carlasherea, you did great! I think it's also good, Babs, that you are enlisting the support of your office and boyfriend. When I start a diet (or something similar) I ask for the support of those around me. Makes changing habits and working towards a difficult goal much easier.
+1 I'll take all the help I can get. EVERYONE knows I'm on this diet (friends/family/clients/etc). Just makes it a bit easier so they don't do things to sabbotage me.
Closed Thread