Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #166  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
YEA Carla....you go girl I'm so excited for you.

I am home most of the time, so prep is pretty easy for me. I do cut the meat into 5 oz. portions and freeze in baggies. I also try to take care of the veggies when I get home from the store. I find myself eating cukes most of the time because they are easy and I love them. Now that is the really lazy!!!! I also keep a bag of frozen around since I can't always get good fresh stuff in my small town. When I have to be away I drink a prepared vanilla shake and take a cuke. I like herb tea and can drink that hot or cold, but mostly I have just been sticking to the water, water, water....does get kinda old. But, I do notice it when I am not drinking enough now.

We gave up pop(soda to some of you) when my son started into high school sports. The coach didn't want the kids drinking it so I quit buying it. Not saying that I didn't enjoy a vanilla diet pepsi once in a while, but it wasn't hard to give up totally for me. When I read what it can do to you and how it makes you feel. WOW. Not being critical.......I know it is the staple for a lot of people. You know, that could be some of the icky feelings some are experiencing the first couple weeks.....withdrawal.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT WYOSUN! a couple months back i came off all the diet drinks and light yogurt(WAHHHH!!)AND i felt pretty crappy but after i felt alot better and a month or two later i took a sip of diet coke and it almost instantly gave me the runs- my body gave me a clear message it did not want it in my system. and i can't believe i drank that stuff all the time and then detoxed and had SUCH a violent reaction. scary.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:00 AM   #167  
Goddess of Research

Exclamation Day Nine...

I swear sometimes this diet feels like the bataan death march... okay so maybe I'm exaggerating, but i think i have more side effects and adverse reactions than any FDA label. Today my shoulders down to my hands on both sides started tingling like they were going to sleep and then my forearms got worse around my wrists and DID go to sleep, and then my face started doing the same thing- ya know like when you sit on your foot too long? well i assure you i wasn't sitting on my face. it was a little alarming and then I blacked out a couple times, that was nice.... sigh- not to mention I WAS OUT OF KETOSIS FOR 24 HOURS or i was on trace on the ketostix. and i am like a friggin **** on this diet- so of course I am re-evaluating EVERY SINGLE thing i have consumed and googling it and deconstructing everything to try to find a logical anwser- because this is science and there must be a different variable. I have a couple of theories. Onion powder my mom put on my grilled chicken- no nutrition facts- stupid communists.... why of ALL spices that had to be the one with no ingredients... my theory is onions reach their peak of flavor when they are caramalized and so there has to be some sugar in there. Second, i took about 1,000 mg of ibproufen yesterday- yeah great found out THAT has sugar in it. also my adderall does and pretty much all my meds either have corn starch or some sort of carbohydrate but i really think it was the ibuprofen and maybe the onion powder. But im ready to defend the adderall, but i might try to back off and see what happens. I just feel like i have to become a detective at a crime scene to figure all this crap out and I do not have my P.H.D in Google yet so it takes me a little longer than others who are super saavy. anywho- I did lose another pound on the scale this morning so thats good but I want to start feeling better and not blacking out and having my limbs go to sleep!! I did have a NSV I think. I have been practically having auditory hallucinations from the sugar cookies in my cabinet and it was causing me to GO CRAZY wanting to go off the diet- i was feeding them to my mom, my son, my three dogs- i was so close to having five because i was out of ketosis anyway but instead I left my mother a note telling her to BRING THEM TO WORK- OR ILL NEED TO GET A RESTRAINING ORDER FROM THEM!! it was hard to let them go- ISN'T THAT INSANE? but I didn't have one craving all day with them gone- thank God!! and no more food talking to me...... i was proud of myself. I had a very severe eating disorder for 10 years so food can have a strong effect on me- even in recovery- but I overcame it AND IT FELT GREAT!! Sorry so long!! Just venting and saying the latest- maybe someone will know something about the meds or learn something from it. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND COMPASSION! i look forward to your replies everyday! Especially you cinnamon sparkles- no wonder you are such a fav! what a bright ray of sun shine!! Good night everyone and stay strong!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:25 AM   #168  
Goddess of Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto4darlings View Post
Hi All. I joined your forum a few days back on my birthday (15th) I had weigh in #3 the next day and lost another 4.4 lbs making that a total of 14.4 lbs in 3 weeks!! How cool. I love it! Although I hadn't had one bite of a cheat up till then, last night I broke down while making shamrock cookies for my kids and had 2. I feel ok about it and was able to get right back on track today. Usually something like that would throw me off the wagon and I would be done. I expect to "pay" for that next weigh in, but I take full responsibility and can move on!

Has anyone had any decrease in weight loss after being allowed the restricted packets ie oatmeal, chili and bars. i got some this week for the first time, but read on a previous forum that it may slow weight loss. Please let me know if you have found this. Thanks all and continue all the great comments as I love to read!!
Well technically I haven't but I don't want to yet because they have more carbs and will usually slow down your weight loss and ketosis that's why I'm sticking to bootcamp personally
Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #169  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Weigh in yesterday. Very happy with my results this week! Lost 4.5 lbs! Bringing my total to date as 39.5 lbs!! Woo Hoo!!!! So happy I couldn't stop grinning! this is the lowest I have weighed in years!

The "assistant" was present - but I did not engage in conversation with her, except when she was arguing- I mean discussing - which detox tea I had purchased from a nutrition store. Wouldn't listen to what I said, kept insisting it was this product she had bought (laxative tea) Finally she conceded that she was thinking of a different product - but not until the coach stepped in and said something...... ugh - some people.......

Had another NSV moment yesterday as well - without even realizing what I was doing, I actually sprinted up the stairs at work! And was not out of breath at the top! YESSSS!!!!

Good luck to everyone on your weigh in's! Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 03-18-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #170  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
I swear sometimes this diet feels like the bataan death march... okay so maybe I'm exaggerating, but i think i have more side effects and adverse reactions than any FDA label. Today my shoulders down to my hands on both sides started tingling like they were going to sleep and then my forearms got worse around my wrists and DID go to sleep, and then my face started doing the same thing- ya know like when you sit on your foot too long? well i assure you i wasn't sitting on my face. it was a little alarming and then I blacked out a couple times, that was nice.... sigh- not to mention I WAS OUT OF KETOSIS FOR 24 HOURS or i was on trace on the ketostix. and i am like a friggin **** on this diet- so of course I am re-evaluating EVERY SINGLE thing i have consumed and googling it and deconstructing everything to try to find a logical anwser- because this is science and there must be a different variable. I have a couple of theories. Onion powder my mom put on my grilled chicken- no nutrition facts- stupid communists.... why of ALL spices that had to be the one with no ingredients... my theory is onions reach their peak of flavor when they are caramalized and so there has to be some sugar in there. Second, i took about 1,000 mg of ibproufen yesterday- yeah great found out THAT has sugar in it. also my adderall does and pretty much all my meds either have corn starch or some sort of carbohydrate but i really think it was the ibuprofen and maybe the onion powder. But im ready to defend the adderall, but i might try to back off and see what happens. I just feel like i have to become a detective at a crime scene to figure all this crap out and I do not have my P.H.D in Google yet so it takes me a little longer than others who are super saavy. anywho- I did lose another pound on the scale this morning so thats good but I want to start feeling better and not blacking out and having my limbs go to sleep!! I did have a NSV I think. I have been practically having auditory hallucinations from the sugar cookies in my cabinet and it was causing me to GO CRAZY wanting to go off the diet- i was feeding them to my mom, my son, my three dogs- i was so close to having five because i was out of ketosis anyway but instead I left my mother a note telling her to BRING THEM TO WORK- OR ILL NEED TO GET A RESTRAINING ORDER FROM THEM!! it was hard to let them go- ISN'T THAT INSANE? but I didn't have one craving all day with them gone- thank God!! and no more food talking to me...... i was proud of myself. I had a very severe eating disorder for 10 years so food can have a strong effect on me- even in recovery- but I overcame it AND IT FELT GREAT!! Sorry so long!! Just venting and saying the latest- maybe someone will know something about the meds or learn something from it. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND COMPASSION! i look forward to your replies everyday! Especially you cinnamon sparkles- no wonder you are such a fav! what a bright ray of sun shine!! Good night everyone and stay strong!
Wow, I hope you feel better today! Did you try eating some salt and drinking some water? I have to wonder if your electrolytes are goofy. Did you happen to check your blood pressure? It almost sounds like your upper body was having some cramping. With all the muscle you have, it would not surprise me. Try taking 2 potassium supplements if you are not already. I take 1 in the am and 1 in the pm. I feel so much better. It usually only takes a day or so to get the potassium turned back around. I was on 2 of them in the beginning and then went to 1 and started feeling like crap again.

Hang in there! Call your coach if you need to, they may have others going through the same thing.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:38 AM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Weigh in yesterday. Very happy with my results this week! Lost 4.5 lbs! Bringing my total to date as 39.5 lbs!! Woo Hoo!!!! So happy I couldn't stop grinning! this is the lowest I have weighed in years!

The "assistant" was present - but I did not engage in conversation with her, except when she was arguing- I mean discussing - which detox tea I had purchased from a nutrition store. Wouldn't listen to what I said, kept insisting it was this product she had bought (laxative tea) Finally she conceded that she was thinking of a different product - but not until the coach stepped in and said something...... ugh - some people.......

Had another NSV moment yesterday as well - without even realizing what I was doing, I actually sprinted up the stairs at work! And was not out of breath at the top! YESSSS!!!!

Good luck to everyone on your weigh in's! Have a great day everyone!

Great loss for you this week! You should be proud and know that we are proud of you too! You have done terrific!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #172  
Started IP 2-18-10

weight loss is slowing down and I don't know why as I still have a way to go?

Old 03-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! It's a beautiful day - the sun is shining, the birds are singing! I heard a bird that sounded like an ADT alarm this morning. It was actually a bird, I swear. It's strange what technology does to nature.

I had my weigh-in yesterday. I would like to report that I lost...
1 pound. 1 lousy pound! On phase 2! Which Birman, you say is like phase 1 really (same principles). So I must be at a reasonable weight for my body. Also, my body fat percentage only went down by .1% so I am worried that I lost muscle. Not that they measure muscle mass at the clinic I go to, but... Eh. I had fantasies dancing in my head of weighing less than I ever weighed in high school which was a while ago! That's just not healthy. I think around 135 is a good weight for me. Trying not to think about the fact that I just spent $64 on IP product packets to lose 1 pound. I still lost a pound, that stubborn little bugger! Can't wait to start my PT exercises again and go bike riding. I'm waiting until I'm done IP. MuayThaiGoddess - can't imagine doing such an intense sport while on this diet! How do you even manage that with 5 carbs in your system? I salute you! And I salute anyone else doing any exercise. I'm just walking.

NSV yesterday - one of my coworkers who I don't see very much stopped me in the hallway to tell me that he could tell that I lost a lot of weight and that I must be working hard at it. Of course I said, I am! Heh, not working in the gym, but this diet is still work. Also I told him I was happy that all my old clothing fit.

I just had breakfast and coffee and wow am I stuffed! I hope I don't gain back 5 pounds as some of the literature says we will once we start eating carbs again. I may start a phase 3 thread. Don't want to talk about things that you all aren't eating. That's just rude! Birman - your phase 3 sheet was so much more helpful than the official IP one. Guess I'm a little detail oriented like you. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! You all are rocking this thread- I have to catch up by starting on page 8! Gotta pack lunch now.

Does anyone else like fennel/anise? I just bought another bulb of it and it's great to make a salad with because it's watery like lettuce but tastes like anise! It's a different taste and an unrestricted veggie for those of you who are getting bored. I chop it up into slivers and combine with cucumbers and a dressing made from olive oil, water, apple cider vinegar, and stevia. It's nice!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
I've a couple of slow weeks recently and wanted to share that I finally hit the 50lb lost mark. I've had a block against that number and it feels good to get past it. Onward and down!!!!
Way to go, want2run!! That is fabulous!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
I swear sometimes this diet feels like the bataan death march... okay so maybe I'm exaggerating, but i think i have more side effects and adverse reactions than any FDA label. Today my shoulders down to my hands on both sides started tingling like they were going to sleep and then my forearms got worse around my wrists and DID go to sleep, and then my face started doing the same thing- ya know like when you sit on your foot too long? well i assure you i wasn't sitting on my face. it was a little alarming and then I blacked out a couple times, that was nice....
Wow! That is scary! I hope that doesn't happen again to you. I usually get woken up a few times a night because my hands are asleep. I think it's from laying on my arms and having my elbows bent (cutting off the circulation). I haven't had that happen the past few nights. I think there are two reasons. One, my arms aren't as fat so they're not strangling themselves when I bend my elbows, with my hands nestled under my face. Two, Dr. Oz had on his show someone who had a similar problem. He showed an exercise to do, which I think has really been helping. You hold your arms out in front of you, palms up, elbows slightly bent. Clench and release your fists several times. It opens up the pathway for the nerve that runs from the wrist up thru the arm. That's probably not your issue, but just thought I would share.

BTW, my 3rd weigh in is today...
Old 03-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
I've a couple of slow weeks recently and wanted to share that I finally hit the 50lb lost mark. I've had a block against that number and it feels good to get past it. Onward and down!!!!
That's wonderful, want2run! I hope you treat yourself to something special for a reward!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi All. I joined your forum a few days back on my birthday (15th) I had weigh in #3 the next day and lost another 4.4 lbs making that a total of 14.4 lbs in 3 weeks!! How cool. I love it! Although I hadn't had one bite of a cheat up till then, last night I broke down while making shamrock cookies for my kids and had 2. I feel ok about it and was able to get right back on track today. Usually something like that would throw me off the wagon and I would be done. I expect to "pay" for that next weigh in, but I take full responsibility and can move on!

Has anyone had any decrease in weight loss after being allowed the restricted packets ie oatmeal, chili and bars. i got some this week for the first time, but read on a previous forum that it may slow weight loss. Please let me know if you have found this. Thanks all and continue all the great comments as I love to read!!
Your 15th birthday! Momto4darlings, say what?! Hopefully, you didn't get kicked out of ketosis. Or you'll pay by being hungry for 3 days.

I have had a restricted item every day since I started this diet on Jan. 5. I've managed to lose 31 pounds anyway. It might have been more had I not but then again who knows? They keep me satisfied.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #178  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Quote:

I've been having the restricted items, sometimes 4x a week since completing week 3. I have felt like I've lost about the same, i finish week 5 tomorrow. I think the bars and chocolate pancake mix are the best, they are easy too. I can make a muffin for the morning or grab a bar for lunch if I know I won't have time to "shake" something up! If i use a restricted item I just try to have 2 very low carb packets the rest of the day, like jello or a pudding.

I don't know if anyone has tried the peach mango drink, but I ordered it and thought it was disgusting!! I have the cookbook and there's a recipe where you combine jello and the peach mango drink, seperate it into 2 servings and then refrigerate it. It turns into 3 pretty colors and tastes pretty good! That's one of my new snacks I can make and have in the fridge..... and it's a nice change
Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #179  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Good Luck Stacerp with your weigh in today. I'll check tonight to see how you did. My 3rd one is tomorrow morning. My scale says I broke 190. Hope coach's scale says the same thing!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #180  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Jordanna

Belated Happy Birthday. I've been away.

p.s. I followed up on some posts from the last thread and they stayed in the last thread. Aren't they supposed to bump up to the new thread?
Closed Thread