Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #511  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Okay, so one more question. I used a Ketostick today to see if I was in Ketosis. I really don't know if my results are good. (My friend is a diabetic, so I used one of hers) It showed the ketones to be in the "Moderate" range. Good or Bad?
I think that is PERFECT.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #512  

Quick question: What is the reason we cannot have aspartime the artificial sweetner?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #513  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Quick question: What is the reason we cannot have aspartime the artificial sweetner?
I don't know exactly why the IP program prohibits the use of artificial sweeteners, but I have a couple of theories:
  1. Perhaps artificial sweeteners may cause an insulin response in some people, which isn't giving the pancreas the time off it's supposed to get.
  2. Perhaps artificial sweeteners stimulate appetite or cause cravings (both would be bad on this plan).

Maybe someone else will chime in. Lucky for me, aspartame gives me headaches and tastes funny. No problem avoiding that.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #514  

Aspartame is probably the WORST sweeetner out there for you.
Ive read that it attacks like everything in your system and unfortunately its in ALOT of diet things.
We are allowed Sucralose = Splenda though.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #515  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Funny, I ordered this last week:

OMRON HBF-514C Body Sensor Composition Monitor & Scale

Waiting for it to show up.
Well cool!

My only lament is that it doesn't have a USB connection to upload and graph data to my computer, like my Omron pedometer and blood pressure meter do. (sigh)
Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #516  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Well cool!

My only lament is that it doesn't have a USB connection to upload and graph data to my computer, like my Omron pedometer and blood pressure meter do. (sigh)
I thought about that, too. I decided I'll just input the data into the computer each time I use it. I sit at a computer all day, every day...so no problem there.

Last edited by dad; 03-15-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #517  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
my coach recommended that we use truvia. It is pretty good. I even have my hubby using it...
Old 03-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #518  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Okay, so one more question. I used a Ketostick today to see if I was in Ketosis. I really don't know if my results are good. (My friend is a diabetic, so I used one of hers) It showed the ketones to be in the "Moderate" range. Good or Bad?
sounds good to me! hang in there girl, your doing great!!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #519  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Scott on such a huge victory, I'm very pumped for you.
Jordanna, happy birthday and way to go getting into skinny jeans!

Lots of NSVs for everyone. My ring is getting loose on my finger and I love it! Another weigh in today and down 3.6 pounds.

My coach told me to use Stevia sweetener and I like it. A little goes a long way. Hope everyone is adjusting to the daylight savings time. I'm exhausted. Have a great week!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #520  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Jordanna! Happy birthday to you!

Good job on the weight loss! I'm so happy for you! You can just round that last pound and change up and say you lost about 40 pounds. You know you'll lose it this week.

Well done! Happy birthday!

PS Hope I didn't miss it, I'm still catching up on posts as I've been busy the past 2 days.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #521  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
I know I've read that people have put their pudding (maybe it was drink) packets in with their hot coffee. How exactly do you do that? Today I put my vanilla pudding mix in with my coffee and tried to shake it up, but it was still really lumpy. I put the blender ball thing in my mug and shook again (luckily I have a really good tight mug) and it was a little better, but I still get some chunks. I was afraid to put the hot liquid in the blender bottle because I recall someone having it explode on them. Any tips would be great! Thanks!
I use the chocolate and capaccino packets with my coffee. Mix them first with apx 4 oz of water and then add the amount of coffee you want. I find them delicious! Have it every morning!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #522  

Well thanks again to everyone for the kind birthday wishes. My day was GREAT! My husband got up with the baby and let me stay in bed, I wasn't sleeping but I did finish the book I've been reading and he brought me breakfast in bed (Vanilla pudding as a shake with Instant Decaf Coffee in it - my fav).

This afternoon we went and saw Alice in Wonderland. Dustin had popcorn and I had my bbq soy puffs as a birthday treat. Then we went out for dinner where I had steak and crab legs with a side of asparagus. Delicious.

I'm very proud of myself considering I was planning on going off plan for my birthday and then decided against it! Plus I really really really wanted popcorn
Old 03-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #523  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Well thanks again to everyone for the kind birthday wishes. My day was GREAT! My husband got up with the baby and let me stay in bed, I wasn't sleeping but I did finish the book I've been reading and he brought me breakfast in bed (Vanilla pudding as a shake with Instant Decaf Coffee in it - my fav).

This afternoon we went and saw Alice in Wonderland. Dustin had popcorn and I had my bbq soy puffs as a birthday treat. Then we went out for dinner where I had steak and crab legs with a side of asparagus. Delicious.

I'm very proud of myself considering I was planning on going off plan for my birthday and then decided against it! Plus I really really really wanted popcorn
awesome willpower! Sounds like you had a fab. birthday!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #524  

Cool

Has anyone heard of the MATOL diet plan? It is identical to the Ideal Protein plan. Here is a website that has some great testimonials with before and after pictures. I thought the pics were motivating.

http://patticarey.matol.com/Corpo/Hc...spx?lang=EN_US
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #525  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

Great Job Jordanna! Way to maintain that awesome willpower you have. It has sure paid off for you.
Closed Thread