Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #436  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya everyone. I went for my weigh in today and I was only down 2.8 lbs, so I didn't hit 40 lbs in 8 weeks like I'd hoped but I did lose 38.3 lbs in 8 weeks which is a perfectly great birthday gift if I do say so myself...

so happy birthday me, thanks for the gift!
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be beside myself if I lost that much in 8 weeks. My goal is to lose 45 and I haven't even had my first weigh in yet. I still am scared that I won't lose anything. My clothes do feel looser already and I am not feeling as "fluffy" as I was.

I went to my Dad's B-day party tonight with every temptation imaginable plus having my family try and make me eat things I shouldn't (they don't know I'm on the program) But I ate just the hamburger plain, no bun and 2 cups of asparagus and salad. No Dessert!! I felt so strong and good! I hope it pays off on Wednesday when I weigh
Old 03-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be beside myself if I lost that much in 8 weeks. My goal is to lose 45 and I haven't even had my first weigh in yet. I still am scared that I won't lose anything. My clothes do feel looser already and I am not feeling as "fluffy" as I was.

I went to my Dad's B-day party tonight with every temptation imaginable plus having my family try and make me eat things I shouldn't (they don't know I'm on the program) But I ate just the hamburger plain, no bun and 2 cups of asparagus and salad. No Dessert!! I felt so strong and good! I hope it pays off on Wednesday when I weigh
Can I ask where in Montana you are, Carla? I grew up in the southeast corner, near Broadus. My husband is on a business trip right now and staying the night in Billings. I think a trip to Jackson is in order for our family this year
Old 03-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #438  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Last night before dinner I was so hungry and I wanted to exercise, so I age a hard boiled egg. I hope I didn't do much harm. I think I am following the plan right, but having a few pieces of tomato on my night salad and some SF pickles too. I still get tummy rumbling mid morning and mid afternoon.

Novak - Thanks so much for your post. It is how I feel and sometimes I need to hear it when I am hungry or had a bad day. I also look at this plan as a successful solution for me when all others have failed. Failure is not an option this time.

Sam0617 - 3.5# is a great loss for a week. If you were on another plan that would be unheard of. You are doing well.
Make sure you limit the tomatoes to maximum twice a week. and if i were you I would eat them earlier in the day, so you can have your ketosis in full gear during the night when it can do the most burning. I've just noticed in the years I've helped others with ketosis related diets, if your ketosis goes down at night you won't lose as much weight, but thats just my experience. and i usually eat like 3 whole tomatoes a day i love them so cutting back has been sad.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #439  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Good Luck with your weigh in this week! I am sure you will do great! I think we all hit plateaus.
thanks, I hope that's all it is, and I hope the plateau is OVER!!!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #440  
Goddess of Research

Default Who Is Your Coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWP View Post
Thanks for all the feedback!!

I'll totally take bananas out of my diet..and i'll try to have a bar before I work out.
My doctor knows how much I work out. He told me that if I add a packet of IP, my loss will be a lot less but that I should keep up with the exercise. I guess i'll stick to the 4 packets and then try to decrease to 3. Hoping for the best!!
WHO THE **** IS YOUR COACH? HE IS DEAD WRONG! there is a SPECIFIC protocol put out for higly active people on this diet as IT WAS ORIGINALLY USED TO HELP ATHLETES GET TO THEIR WEIGHT CLASS. I have the protocol from my coach which was formulated by none other that Dr Tran himself. you need to ask about this. it usually involves doubling alot of your packets but specific ones, but only for very active individuals (athletes) i can try to post it on here or could email it It is called the Ideal Protein Athletic Protocol. That is what i have to follow when i am training muai thai as it is very intense.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #441  
fluffymama

Quote:
Hiya everyone. I went for my weigh in today and I was only down 2.8 lbs, so I didn't hit 40 lbs in 8 weeks like I'd hoped but I did lose 38.3 lbs in 8 weeks which is a perfectly great birthday gift if I do say so myself...

sounds like a awesome birthday gift to me! great job on your hard work!!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #442  
fluffymama

Quote:

I'm sure it will pay off! Make sure to let us know what happens at the weigh in! You'll do great!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #443  

Quote:

Happy Birthday Jordanna!!!

You have done so terrifice in 8 weeks! You should be an advertisement for Ideal Protein.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #444  
Goddess of Research

Default medecations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
You are almost averaging 3 pounds a week. I think you are doing okay. Do you have a lot of weight to lose or just a little? What does your average day of food consist of? Are you drinking 64 ounces of water? How about your supplements, are you taking them? Are you chewing gum or drinking diet sodas? Do you take any medications on a regular basis? These are all things that can slow your weight loss.
i take medecations on a regular basis. which ones can inhibit ketosis, that you know of?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #445  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
wagnomore - those phase sheets are so interesting
and helpful to know what lies ahead. Do you have one for phase 2 by any chance? Thanks.
Phase 2 is just like phase 1 except you have 5 oz of lean protein or 7 oz of fish or seafood for lunch as well as dinner along with your lettuce and vegetables.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #446  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
i take medecations on a regular basis. which ones can inhibit ketosis, that you know of?
I believe anti-inflammatories can slow weight loss. Some supplements have carbs in them too. Your coach should know all the meds you take. I believe they have been instructed with this and how you could be affected.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:30 PM   #447  
Goddess of Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
BlueMermaid and Birman--congrats on being well into onederland! That is awesome.

HoepfulTricia--I take two potassium each day to help with muscle fatigue and energy. I really helps

I find it humorous to read that muscle weighs more than fat--a pound is a pound. Muscle takes up less space than fat and burns calories, but they weigh the same. Similar to the question what weighs more, a pound of gold or a pound of feathers? Just my thoughts.
haha!! FINALLY someone else that understands that concept- muscle weighs more per unit... i've tried explaining that so many times... i wonder who spawned that cliche and how it EVER caught on... i guess it gets the point across that two ppl who look the same size can have very different weights depending on muscle mass... but i still think the cliche sucks...
Old 03-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #448  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Can I ask where in Montana you are, Carla? I grew up in the southeast corner, near Broadus. My husband is on a business trip right now and staying the night in Billings. I think a trip to Jackson is in order for our family this year
I am in Billings. It's a little drive from Broadus, but I'm sure you know where it is
Old 03-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
I am in Billings. It's a little drive from Broadus, but I'm sure you know where it is
I sure do! That's where we would go for our shopping trips
Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #450  
Goddess of Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Have you been taking advantage of the 4th packet that is allowed the first week? How much water are you drinking? Are you using the sea salt? Are you taking the recommended supplements? These are a few reasons you could be feeling so bad but I'm sure you're coach went over all of this with you already, right? I was tired this past week and my coach said it was because I wasn't eating enough vegetables. Some meals I only had salad and some times I only had 1 cup of veggies with my salad. I wasn't getting in all the calories and nutrients I should have been. Just a thought
awe.. thanks i feel like i really got a hug. im not used to the support. yes, my coach has gone over most of it with me. I just don't see how adding in all those vegetables can help- read nutrition facts- like 2 cups of broccoli has almost 6 sugars and only 70 calories but the sugars will mess with our ketosis. it just seems like alot of carbs to downgrade the fat burning from high to low doesn't it? But tonight i am ACTUALLY FEELING DECENT i am adding in more calories which is more like the athletic protocol- because my coach thinks i burn fat more like a man because i have so much muscle- and my body was just wilting with no calories- and i was well into ketosis and everything. i also got my period too- and im hoping with the change and after that awful thing is out of the way i can start feeling good. ive had such bad reations this week my coach was suprised i stayed on- i had my hair fall out- but i was just SURE it wasn't due to IP.- its been a rough week and i am SO READY for a GOOD WEEK! thank you so much for your sweet support it means SO MUCH. I AM SO ALONE.
Closed Thread