Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #76  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post
Am buying more IP packets tomorrow..

Does anybody out there like the lemon or banana puddings? I've not tried them yet. Are they good straight out of the packet or do you ever add anything to them to "help" the taste?

Also, how is that berry yogurt drink?

Thanks for your tips!
The only pudding I've tried is the chocolate and I do not enjoy it at all. The texture and taste just don't work for me.

But the yogurt drink I really like, especially with very cold water. One of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Are we allowed cooked onions? I got the impression that we weren't allowed to have them and I am having a hard time living without!
I had the same concern about the onions. Though I'm not supposed to, I do saute my onions with my other vegetables. I'm careful not to caramelize them, just take some of the "bite" out of them. I've been doing this since day1 and doubt very seriously that it's affecting my weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Well I just booked & paid for a 17 day cruise for April 2011. We're also going to spend a week in Florida before we head out on the cruise...that means I have just over a year to be at my goal weight, because there's no way I'm cruising as a fat kid
Congrats. There's some built-in motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybeth View Post
i've just started IP (i'm on day 5). i'm not taking the vitamins like i'm supposed to because i don't do well with large vitamins. do i need to take them? i also have not purchased sea salt. what's the purpose of the sea salt?

i'm finding myself growing tired of so many vegetables already, but think i could enjoy them with the proper recipes for good dressings and stuff to saute in or spice them up with. (i bought several waldenfarms dressings and wish i'd saved my money. ick.)

i like the chocolate drink (although i can't figure out why it clumps sometimes when i'm only heating it for less than 40 seconds??) and the bars. the bars are good. i don't like the omelette mix much, mostly due to the texture of it.

the good news is that i can already tell i've lost some weight by the feel of my clothing and the difference in my facial features. my kids have noticed too.

any suggestions, tips, etc for a newbie?

thanks so much! joey
Here's my tips:
  • Find ways to eat your vegetables without just eating vegetables. I chop up a cup of veggies and have it in my omelet for breakfast. Chop up a cup of veggies and mix it into the chicken soup.
  • It may be too soon to try Walden Farms dressings. If this is only your 5th day, then you still remember how good real dressings taste. Give yourself a few weeks on the diet and then try them again. When I started, I didn't eat salads at all since I couldn't have dressing. About three weeks in, I decided to buy the WF dressings so I could have salad. I was quite surprised at how edible they are. Give your taste buds some time to adjust.
  • Take the supplements. I'm not very good with taking large pills either. When I started IP, I had to work each supplement down individually. Now I can just throw them all in there at once and swallow them with one gulp of water.

Just hang in there and keep going. It all gets easier.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #77  

Hi everyone!

I am new to the group! If you don't mind. I have a buddy system going to with a couple others ladies I know. My one friend has lost over 35 pounds on IP. She is doing and looking great and I thought I should do that too.

So here I am .... ready, set and go!

I have read through your posts for a couple weeks now. I am also going to track my food in a fit day schedule. I have to keep track of my fibre anyway so....why not!

Have a great rest of the day!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #78  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

I have been craving hot cocoa! Can you make the choco pudding into a drink and heat it? What about the choco drink? Has anyone done this and does it work?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #79  
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
I have been craving hot cocoa! Can you make the choco pudding into a drink and heat it? What about the choco drink? Has anyone done this and does it work?
I haven't tried heating either of those, but I have tried the Cappucino drink. Even though I dislike coffee, I find the Cappucino drink to be quite good.

Last edited by dad; 03-09-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #80  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Yes - i've done this often. You do need to heat all of the IP drinks in small bursts i.e. 30 seconds and then stir. if you heat them too fast, they cook instead of heat and they're lumpy. I don't buy the chocolate drink anymore - i only buy the pudding and add extra water to make it into a drink. if you check the carb counts, the puddings are lower than the drinks and i don't notice the taste being any different.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #81  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post

Here's my tips:
  • It may be too soon to try Walden Farms dressings. If this is only your 5th day, then you still remember how good real dressings taste. Give yourself a few weeks on the diet and then try them again. When I started, I didn't eat salads at all since I couldn't have dressing. About three weeks in, I decided to buy the WF dressings so I could have salad. I was quite surprised at how edible they are. Give your taste buds some time to adjust.
  • Take the supplements. I'm not very good with taking large pills either. When I started IP, I had to work each supplement down individually. Now I can just throw them all in there at once and swallow them with one gulp of water.

Just hang in there and keep going. It all gets easier.
great tips Scott! I also would encourage folks to try new veggies - ones you didn't like before, you may like now. I absolutely hated turnips and radishes before - now i find that i really like them. same with the IP products - i despised the cereal in the beginning but now really like it and find it really refreshing. However, I'm still not sold on the WF products except for the balsamic and asian dressings - i use them as my bbq sauce on meat - hate on salads. My salad dressing is equal parts white vinegar and light olive oil with about 1/4 of a packet of splenda. i bought one of those oil/vinegar thingees - i don't bother refrigerating it as it's only oil and vinegar and not perishable - very handy.

Last edited by Mom22; 03-09-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

I got my tracker--YAY!
Old 03-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'2

JoeyBeth and Babs181, I just started my fourth day today!! Yay for starting at around the same time... I can't wait until WI day already! LOL
Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

I just had the veggie chili for lunch today, omg is it good!!! As it's restricted, can't have it too often, but this is definitely a favorite of mine, if anyone is looking for something beyond the soups and stuff, toss this in on occasion!! I love tacos, but obviously the wraps and shells are a no no, I didn't do it today, but next time, I'm going to put the chili on top of my salad for nice taco like salad
Old 03-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
I just had the veggie chili for lunch today, omg is it good!!! As it's restricted, can't have it too often, but this is definitely a favorite of mine, if anyone is looking for something beyond the soups and stuff, toss this in on occasion!! I love tacos, but obviously the wraps and shells are a no no, I didn't do it today, but next time, I'm going to put the chili on top of my salad for nice taco like salad
I love chili & tacos too - there are some great recipes for chili and a taco seasoning on the recipe boards so you can have it at dinner whenever you want I make taco lettuce cups allll the time!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #86  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

babs181 I almost had the chili today just to try it. Then I talked myself out of a restricted because I wasn't really that hungry.
I love your idea of putting it over salad. I will be trying this soon.
I like the Walden Farms "balsamic vinaigrette" ok and the honey barbecue. Bought the Thousand Island but I find it so gloppy and unappealing. Will probably throw it away.
I agree with Dad that after having no salad dressing for awhile, these WF's are ok and a nice change from plain lettuce with olive oil.
Mom 22 - what oil/vinegar thingee? Your white wine &
oil & splenda sounds simple and good. And I like the cereal now too -- just not every day.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-09-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #87  

Good morning all. My first WI is tonight. I am hoping for a loss of at least 5#. How greedy is that? Hah!

Jordanna - congrats on your cruise. That is great incentive. I have a trip planned with my family in late April and I haven't told any of them I am on this plan. I want to see if they are surprised.

WyoSky- I add more water to the pudding and make a smoothie. I don't mind the pudding either, but it is better when very cold from sitting a while in the fridge.

HopefulTricia- Good loss. How do you know all your loss was fat? Does your coach have one of those hand held fat monitors too? Hang in there as you have some great losses. Think of the big picture.

MysticalMamma- good NSVs. So funny the things that thrill us.

ChelleFL - I want to say that I am thinking of you and am sorry. You have done exceptionally well with all you have going on now. Hang in there.

Bobs - good job on staying away from the cake. I had a meeting last night where things were served and I had water. My friends gave me some curious looks, but I just didn't want to explain yet.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #88  

Height: 5'10"

Second week, 3.8 pounds gone! Very thankful for that, it's a bright spot in a very dismal week.

I'm having very serious issues with my husband and his mother. My husband and I have had rough patches before, usually stemming from his mother. I'm stressed out and depressed over the whole mess and hope my husband steps up here or there may be serious changes in my life down the road. I know the stress isn't going to help me long-term on IP. Last night I was so furious, I could have so easily blown everything and instead I went to the gym and walked for an hour.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

Chocolate drink hot is excellent, I have it almost every night for my snack.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

Hi everyone, had a another good week this week. Another 4 lbs down. That is 31 in 6 weeks. Found a store here in Fort Lauderdale that sells all the Walden Farms products and i must admit the carmel is excellent. I take two teaspoons or that, along with my vanilla pudding, 1/2 cup of coffee, and put it in the blender for breakfast!! Hope everyone has a great week!
Closed Thread