IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

You're on Page 8 of 37
Go to
  • Quote: Glad to have you LJHA. It looks like our starting weights and goals weights are very similar, and though I have 5'7" in my profile, the 5'6 3/4" is probably more accurate. I hear everything you are saying about covering up and not wanting to stay where you are. Eight pounds in one week is crazy fantastic. Be proud! Hang in there, it gets easier and better and the support on this site is amazing.
    Thanks, Newsiemom. We'll have to keep track of each other's progress. What are you aiming for.
  • yinyang - I see a doctor. She gives me a print out each week after I have stood on a big scale and have held 2 side arms. It prints out a lot of info-- I understand a little more of it each week. She told me all of my weight loss was fat this last week. Kind of cool to know. Of the 18 lbs,
    12 of it has been fat.
  • Quote: I have been craving hot cocoa! Can you make the choco pudding into a drink and heat it? What about the choco drink? Has anyone done this and does it work?
    I mixed the premade box chocolate shake into my coffee and OMG it was just like a cafe mocha..YUMMY!
  • What is the actual total amount of sodium we are supposed to get on this diet per day? I have done a search through Dr. Tran Tien's book, and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have that info from their doctor or coach?

(Note: I am not looking for info that we are supposed to take an extra teaspoon or half teaspoon of sea salt per day. We've already discussed that. )
  • OOOH thanks for sharing the recipes Gatineau. There are 7 of us on IP at the dental office I work at and they are going to be really happy when I print off these recipes and bring them into the office. Thanks for sharing and welcome. Im in Ottawa so its nice to see someone else from my neck of the woods!

KImAnn

***week 1 - down 14 pounds, 60 pounds to my goal of being a smoking hot bride on Sept 18****
  • Quote: Whew....that was a lot of reading. I wanted to get through some of this before I posted. I am a newbie. Started IP on Feb. 26. Lost 4.3 lbs. the first week. Next weigh in will be Thursday. Live in a small town and have to go 30 miles to weigh in. Not a big problem as that is where we get groceries. I have 2 friends on IP, so we can carpool
    The lemon pudding is really good frozen.
    I like the Leek and Chicken soup.
    My coach has me on the "bootcamp" which means only things in the white on my "food" sheet. (I realize "food" is stretching it a little)
    I went to the WF site, but couldn't get that coupon code to work, any secrets?
    My coach's office can be private and she makes every effort for it to be. She sells the WF items for $3.50 which is cheaper than the site and no shipping, but with the bogo it would be better for me to order.
    My coach is available by cell phone anytime. She never called to see how I was doing, but that was OK with me.
    I have felt good except for the first day(headache). I don't take any stool softeners(don't need to) or enzymes. Coach never talked about them, just the mult-vit, cal-meg & pot-cal.
    I own a B&B that will be opening back up in April. I will not have reached my goal by then, so that will be a big test. I do my own baking and cooking and as you can imagine, make some wonderful full breakfasts. I will have to have my willpower on MAX....I'm hoping I will be so far into it and my results will be so amazing that I won't want to sabatage what I have accomplished.
    I weigh on my own scale and show that I have lost another 4 lbs., but I am officially going by the coach's scale.
    I have really enjoyed reading this and am excited to be able to relate to all of you. I see another Wyomingite on here..that's cool since there are so few of us.
    I look forward to checking this board everyday for information, ecouragement and new ideas.
    Welcome WyoSun from Wyo Sky! I'm outside Jackson (we've been in the low to mid 40's and I am ready for Springtime!) Today is starting my third week on IP. I'm only eating the non-restricted items for my first month, maybe longer. I only lost 3 lbs first week and 3.2 lbs second week and before that I did the HCG Diet and lost 23 lbs so all total I am down 29.2 lbs. Since I switched directly from one diet to another, I am guessing that is the reason I am not seeing bigger loses...but I sure would like to! Best of luck to you! Nice to see you here on the board, our names are similar, I hope I don't get myself confused with you!!
  • I'm going to get personal here so I hope I don't offend anyone. I am about 7 weeks into the program and have just started having some bowel issues...constipation to be exact. I actually had to use a suppository laxative on Friday to get things moving. Seemed okay after that, but it's starting again. I did take a stool softener last night after someone recommended it. I am eating plenty of lettuce and all of my veggies. Has anyone else had this same experience? Will the stool softener help with the bloated feeling or do I need a laxative? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!
  • I'm NERVOUS
    So I'm new to the whole IP diet. I will start next Monday. I have been wanting to change my livestyle and weight and go on a diet for years but never had the right motivation. I think that with the one on one coaching I'll be able to do it. I really want this to work. Does anyone have any suggestions of things I shoud do or shouldn't?
  • Quote: I feel like I get to this point of fear when I get close to losing 50lbs and somehow begin to sabatoge all the hard work I have done.
    Isn't that strange. I tend to do the same thing only my fear triggers when I get close to 250lbs. I had a stern talk with myself about this self-sabatoging behavior and prayed that I don't give into it. My pseudo-psych thinking is that I'm scared of changing my identity. When I look in the mirror I don't really feel or see someone smaller so I take actions to make sure I don't change. Its all mixed up and crazy, but I know exactly how you're feeling. I think you're right that talking about it and venting will help us stay on track. I wish you all the best!
  • Quote: ChelleFL I am in week 4 and have lost 1 lb so far this week too. I was counting on the 3-5 per week everyone describes and don't really know what more I can do to help the pounds drop. I rode my bike today--But for me, no results increase my impatience and then hunger - real or imagined. Hope to keep moving. I will take a 3 lb loss, but please not 1.
    beats gaining 1 lb. ladies, that is what happened to me in week 6. (and I didn't cheat at all!!!) Keep your chin up, sometimes we just have our slow weeks...
  • Quote: So, I've been struggling the last few days. I make it through the first half of the day fine and then wham...cravings big time. Yesterday it was pizza and today Taco Time. I feel like I get to this point of fear when I get close to losing 50lbs and somehow begin to sabatoge all the hard work I have done. Maybe talking about it will help me get through it and move on. I am so encouraged by everyone here and your successes. I know I can do this it is just one day at a time and the faster I get back on track the easier each day will be.
    I'll be completely honest and tell you when I start craving something, or fear I am going to cheat, I go take a nap. If I am up and moving, I am more likely to do something stupid!
  • Quote: Today I started Week 5, and I am also hoping to lose at least 3 this week. Its been a tough week. Last Monday we found out my Husband's cancer is back and his Brother suddenly died that same afternoon. Despite the Wake, Funeral and having to go out to eat, I managed to stay on the diet.

The week before I was constipated and as soon as I started the olive oil, I dropped 3 lbs. Thats not the problem now. Now it seems to be water retention and my Coach thinks I need more potassium. I'm getting tested Thursday so then I'll know for sure.

We both need to keep the faith and hang in there.
    WOW! what a week for you! I am so sorry to hear about this, I can imagine that you must have felt like your world was crashing down on you! i will keep you in my prayers
  • Quote: Are we allowed cooked onions? I got the impression that we weren't allowed to have them and I am having a hard time living without!
    my coach told me that you can cook them a little, just not to the point where they caramelize. I love them too, so I was glad to hear that!
  • Quote: At my weight in yesterday, all the weight I lost was fat.
    All of it. And after a tough day yesterday where I consumed 4 IPs ( one a bar), I had lost a pound this morning. So... I'll take it! and Novak you are so right. You need to go with the averages. I am way too addicted to my scale and I know it.
    I love the yogurt drink - do add some extra water. They are great for traveling- the vanilla box drinks are too heavy to carry. I had been having the crispy cereal every morning but it isn't very good really. Just good when you want something crunchy to chew. The water must be ice cold or it tastes like warm milk. Am trying the vanilla boxes 3x a day for now.
    I do 3 pre-made vanilla drinks a day too! THEY ARE MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!
  • Just had my first WI and I lost 7.6# and 4 inches!! That has never happened before. I am so pumped. Congrats to all of you with good losses too. This does work.