Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 201/176/135

Height: 5

Hi everyone,
Just joined the forum today cause I wanted to share some tricks I have learned since starting IP on Jan 7th (btw down 25 since). I actually was "spying" on the forum before joining.
At the beginning, I was missing wraps a lot and lettuce wraps weren't cutting it out (actually couldn't get them to my mouth LOL) and fresh baked bread (sorry, my own mouth is watering right now) but used a bit of imagination and made wraps with watering down the pancake mix (available in Canada at least) also adding an egg white to the same mix and baking at 350 until fresh baked buns came out of it.
Again with the same mix, baked as pancakes, cut them up in triangles, put on some sea salt and bake them until crisp does excellent nacho chips. (Hoping my friends down south can have the mix available )

I have also been tired of the same veggies; up here we don't have a lot of choices over winter but started adding a bit of dried fat free chicken broth to them helps a bit with recurring taste. But be careful watch the carb count on the packaging.

Got to go, currently at work
Old 03-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #92  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Second week, 3.8 pounds gone! Very thankful for that, it's a bright spot in a very dismal week.

I'm having very serious issues with my husband and his mother. My husband and I have had rough patches before, usually stemming from his mother. I'm stressed out and depressed over the whole mess and hope my husband steps up here or there may be serious changes in my life down the road. I know the stress isn't going to help me long-term on IP. Last night I was so furious, I could have so easily blown everything and instead I went to the gym and walked for an hour.
Congrats on your 2nd week loss! Great choice to go for a walk at the gym with the stressful things going on in your life. I hope things work out for you. We are all here for you and will support and encourage you along the way.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #93  

Smile Welcome Newbies!!!

Welcome to all the "Newbies". It is nice to have new people on the forum who bring all the excitement we all start with. I think it helps us that have been on the diet for awhile stay motivated and excited too. This is a great way to lose weight!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

I just tried the packaged chocolate mix this am, and heated it up - very good -
just like hot chocolate!! I did add extra water though, as I do with almost all the drinks.
Enjoy!!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Hi, everyone!
Great losses and achievements by all - way to go!

I am getting IP through a spa in town (only place that sells it), so I have been doing a lot of research on my own and following all of you. Thank for all the great info.

I love the convenience of the diet, but find I am getting tired of the veggies - I am a fussy eater. Like my veggies, but . . .

I have been on the diet for X1 week now - lost 8.0 lbs. - I know that is great, but was hoping for more. Hopefully my (.) had something to do with it - I hope I can stick to this. I can't live like this anymore. I want to wear some nice clothes and shorts again and want to go out and feel good about myself and not have to cover up all the time.

OK - gotta go. Nice talkin' with y'all.
Take Care -
LJHA
Old 03-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatineau QC View Post
Hi everyone,
Just joined the forum today cause I wanted to share some tricks I have learned since starting IP on Jan 7th (btw down 25 since). I actually was "spying" on the forum before joining.
At the beginning, I was missing wraps a lot and lettuce wraps weren't cutting it out (actually couldn't get them to my mouth LOL) and fresh baked bread (sorry, my own mouth is watering right now) but used a bit of imagination and made wraps with watering down the pancake mix (available in Canada at least) also adding an egg white to the same mix and baking at 350 until fresh baked buns came out of it.
Again with the same mix, baked as pancakes, cut them up in triangles, put on some sea salt and bake them until crisp does excellent nacho chips. (Hoping my friends down south can have the mix available )

I have also been tired of the same veggies; up here we don't have a lot of choices over winter but started adding a bit of dried fat free chicken broth to them helps a bit with recurring taste. But be careful watch the carb count on the packaging.

Hey Gatineau - welcome!

I'm sure everyone would love for you to share your recipes in the recipe forum!! The fresh buns sound delicious!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

The chocolate drink warmed up and the wildberry yogurt are my favorite non-restricted foods. They are both staples on my weekly list.
Chelle: Hang in there with all that is going on in your life right now. We're all behind you.
HockeyMom: Sorry to hear about the tension around home. You sound like a strong woman and I'm glad you have an outlet through 3FC to vent.
Gatineau: Great ideas to switch up the pancake mix. Between you, Jordanna, and some other posts, I have over a weeks worth of new ideas that I want to try out. Glad you joined to share your tips.
I hope everyone's week is off to a decent start. Tomorrow is already mid-week. Yikes! I am itching for spring so I can take my kids outside and not have to bundle them up in snow gear.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Hi, everyone!
Great losses and achievements by all - way to go!

I am getting IP through a spa in town (only place that sells it), so I have been doing a lot of research on my own and following all of you. Thank for all the great info.

I love the convenience of the diet, but find I am getting tired of the veggies - I am a fussy eater. Like my veggies, but . . .

I have been on the diet for X1 week now - lost 8.0 lbs. - I know that is great, but was hoping for more. Hopefully my (.) had something to do with it - I hope I can stick to this. I can't live like this anymore. I want to wear some nice clothes and shorts again and want to go out and feel good about myself and not have to cover up all the time.

OK - gotta go. Nice talkin' with y'all.
Take Care -
LJHA
Glad to have you LJHA. It looks like our starting weights and goals weights are very similar, and though I have 5'7" in my profile, the 5'6 3/4" is probably more accurate. I hear everything you are saying about covering up and not wanting to stay where you are. Eight pounds in one week is crazy fantastic. Be proud! Hang in there, it gets easier and better and the support on this site is amazing.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #99  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
babs181 I almost had the chili today just to try it. Then I talked myself out of a restricted because I wasn't really that hungry.
I love your idea of putting it over salad. I will be trying this soon.
I like the Walden Farms "balsamic vinaigrette" ok and the honey barbecue. Bought the Thousand Island but I find it so gloppy and unappealing. Will probably throw it away.
I agree with Dad that after having no salad dressing for awhile, these WF's are ok and a nice change from plain lettuce with olive oil.
Mom 22 - what oil/vinegar thingee? Your white wine &
oil & splenda sounds simple and good. And I like the cereal now too -- just not every day.
The chilli is good made into a soup too - just add more water. then you can add some diced veggies and have an awesome hot soup.

Sorry don't know how to explain the oil/vinegar "thingee" - just a glass container I bought at the store (Walmart?) - probably cost a couple of dollars only - it has a stopper with a pouring spout that also has a cover - because of the stopper, it's easy to shake up and the pouring spout is handy too. And...I can see what drink you're missing the most - it's white vinegar not white wine LOL!!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #100  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Whew....that was a lot of reading. I wanted to get through some of this before I posted. I am a newbie. Started IP on Feb. 26. Lost 4.3 lbs. the first week. Next weigh in will be Thursday. Live in a small town and have to go 30 miles to weigh in. Not a big problem as that is where we get groceries. I have 2 friends on IP, so we can carpool
The lemon pudding is really good frozen.
I like the Leek and Chicken soup.
My coach has me on the "bootcamp" which means only things in the white on my "food" sheet. (I realize "food" is stretching it a little)
I went to the WF site, but couldn't get that coupon code to work, any secrets?
My coach's office can be private and she makes every effort for it to be. She sells the WF items for $3.50 which is cheaper than the site and no shipping, but with the bogo it would be better for me to order.
My coach is available by cell phone anytime. She never called to see how I was doing, but that was OK with me.
I have felt good except for the first day(headache). I don't take any stool softeners(don't need to) or enzymes. Coach never talked about them, just the mult-vit, cal-meg & pot-cal.
I own a B&B that will be opening back up in April. I will not have reached my goal by then, so that will be a big test. I do my own baking and cooking and as you can imagine, make some wonderful full breakfasts. I will have to have my willpower on MAX....I'm hoping I will be so far into it and my results will be so amazing that I won't want to sabatage what I have accomplished.
I weigh on my own scale and show that I have lost another 4 lbs., but I am officially going by the coach's scale.
I have really enjoyed reading this and am excited to be able to relate to all of you. I see another Wyomingite on here..that's cool since there are so few of us.
I look forward to checking this board everyday for information, ecouragement and new ideas.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #101  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
The chilli is good made into a soup too - just add more water. then you can add some diced veggies and have an awesome hot soup.

Sorry don't know how to explain the oil/vinegar "thingee" - just a glass container I bought at the store (Walmart?) - probably cost a couple of dollars only - it has a stopper with a pouring spout that also has a cover - because of the stopper, it's easy to shake up and the pouring spout is handy too. And...I can see what drink you're missing the most - it's white vinegar not white wine LOL!!
Mom22 - how funny is that!! I thought I typed vinegar but I guess you are RIGHT, I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo miss the wine!
Old 03-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #102  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatineau QC View Post
Hi everyone,

The crepes also make excellent wraps - depending on how you like your "wrap" if you flip them a couple of times they will crisp up nicely. I like them rolled up with the raspberry jam - such a nice treat.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #103  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

HockeyMom - I have spent years using food to cover up feelings, heal anger and hurt. And when we eat a candy bar after a fight with someone, it soooooooooo doesn't hurt the other person in any way. I'm sure you know this just as I do--but it didn't stop me from doing it though for years and years.
I am SO impressed you went to the gym! I'm not sure I've ever done that when all the men in my house were making me crazy, beginning with my spouse.
You should be so very proud of yourself.... we are!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Whew....that was a lot of reading. I wanted to get through some of this before I posted. I am a newbie. Started IP on Feb. 26. Lost 4.3 lbs. the first week. Next weigh in will be Thursday. Live in a small town and have to go 30 miles to weigh in. Not a big problem as that is where we get groceries. I have 2 friends on IP, so we can carpool
The lemon pudding is really good frozen.
I like the Leek and Chicken soup.
My coach has me on the "bootcamp" which means only things in the white on my "food" sheet. (I realize "food" is stretching it a little)
I went to the WF site, but couldn't get that coupon code to work, any secrets?
My coach's office can be private and she makes every effort for it to be. She sells the WF items for $3.50 which is cheaper than the site and no shipping, but with the bogo it would be better for me to order.
My coach is available by cell phone anytime. She never called to see how I was doing, but that was OK with me.
I have felt good except for the first day(headache). I don't take any stool softeners(don't need to) or enzymes. Coach never talked about them, just the mult-vit, cal-meg & pot-cal.
I own a B&B that will be opening back up in April. I will not have reached my goal by then, so that will be a big test. I do my own baking and cooking and as you can imagine, make some wonderful full breakfasts. I will have to have my willpower on MAX....I'm hoping I will be so far into it and my results will be so amazing that I won't want to sabatage what I have accomplished.
I weigh on my own scale and show that I have lost another 4 lbs., but I am officially going by the coach's scale.
I have really enjoyed reading this and am excited to be able to relate to all of you. I see another Wyomingite on here..that's cool since there are so few of us.
I look forward to checking this board everyday for information, ecouragement and new ideas.
try this:

www.waldenfarms.com/ww
Old 03-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #105  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

ok so I slipped up and had a couple string cheeses today. They are low fat though so does anyone thing I am in major trouble here?
Closed Thread