3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #61
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/125/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
ChelleFL I am in week 4 and have lost 1 lb so far this week too. I was counting on the 3-5 per week everyone describes and don't really know what more I can do to help the pounds drop. I rode my bike today--But for me, no results increase my impatience and then hunger - real or imagined. Hope to keep moving. I will take a 3 lb loss, but please not 1.
Please take into account that you lost 10 pounds the first week! As time passes, your weekly losses will likely decrease or even out, but your average from day one will be 3-5 pounds. My course over six weeks was a 10 pound loss right up front, evening out to 3 pounds a week. On average, that's still more than 4 pounds a week--as advertised!

Would I like to be losing faster? Of course! Am I happy with my progress so far? Absolutely!

"Do or do not... there is no try."
Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #62
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/125/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post
Am buying more IP packets tomorrow..

Does anybody out there like the lemon or banana puddings? I've not tried them yet. Are they good straight out of the packet or do you ever add anything to them to "help" the taste?

Also, how is that berry yogurt drink?

Thanks for your tips!
The wildberry yogurt drink is very good. I agree about the banana pudding in particular tasting chemically, though it's better as a smoothie. The lemon isn't as bad to me, and I like that it's only 1 carb. I've also been having that as a smoothie before bed, when I want to keep my carbs down and maximize fat burning during the night.

"Do or do not... there is no try."
Old 03-09-2010, 06:51 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybeth View Post
i've just started IP (i'm on day 5). i'm not taking the vitamins like i'm supposed to because i don't do well with large vitamins. do i need to take them? i also have not purchased sea salt. what's the purpose of the sea salt?

i'm finding myself growing tired of so many vegetables already, but think i could enjoy them with the proper recipes for good dressings and stuff to saute in or spice them up with. (i bought several waldenfarms dressings and wish i'd saved my money. ick.)

i like the chocolate drink (although i can't figure out why it clumps sometimes when i'm only heating it for less than 40 seconds??) and the bars. the bars are good. i don't like the omelette mix much, mostly due to the texture of it.

the good news is that i can already tell i've lost some weight by the feel of my clothing and the difference in my facial features. my kids have noticed too.

any suggestions, tips, etc for a newbie?

thanks so much! joey
Do you have any headaches? The sea salt is necessary to balance your sodium level. Since we are not eating processed foods that are loaded with sodium and we are drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day, our bodies are flushing the sodium out and we need to add it back in. A friend of mine also does not do well with large pills so our coach had some liquid vitamins (not IP) for her to take. You are eating an unbalanced diet and should be taking supplements. They don't necessarily need to be IP supplements but equivalent to. There have been previous posts on where to buy supplements other than IP and maybe the others will chime in on this to guide you.

Welcome to IP, it really does work!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:17 AM   #64

Height: 5.8

Good Morning all

I caught up with all the posts from last night and wow, some of you have had some awesome NSVs

Jordanna, how exciting about your cruise. You are going to have a blast shopping for cutesy outfits and you will be able to show off all your hard work.

Lolita, congrats on joining the gym!

Scott, thanks for the welcome, your #s are amazing. I was, as well as my coach, shocked to see a loss of 14 pounds on my first WI.

JOeyBeth, welcome, I am a newbie as well!

Have a great day everyone.
KimAnn
Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #65
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
NSV's - today I felt my collarbone and I can't wear my wedding bands because they won't stay on my finger

I can join you on that NSV! My rings are so loose, they just slip right off! I have had to put tape on the backs just so I won't lose them!

And, I found out I still have ribs and hip bones! YAYYYYY!!!!!! Feels so good to actually have an indent on my waist again!

Sometimes these moments are better then seeing the numbers on the scale!!

(one for every 5 lbs dropped!)
Old 03-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #66
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

At my weight in yesterday, all the weight I lost was fat.
All of it. And after a tough day yesterday where I consumed 4 IPs ( one a bar), I had lost a pound this morning. So... I'll take it! and Novak you are so right. You need to go with the averages. I am way too addicted to my scale and I know it.
I love the yogurt drink - do add some extra water. They are great for traveling- the vanilla box drinks are too heavy to carry. I had been having the crispy cereal every morning but it isn't very good really. Just good when you want something crunchy to chew. The water must be ice cold or it tastes like warm milk. Am trying the vanilla boxes 3x a day for now.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #67

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post
Am buying more IP packets tomorrow..

Does anybody out there like the lemon or banana puddings? I've not tried them yet. Are they good straight out of the packet or do you ever add anything to them to "help" the taste?

Also, how is that berry yogurt drink?

Thanks for your tips!
I love the berry yogurt drink! Haven't tried the lemon or banana puddings.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #68
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Jordanna & Mystical Mamma
Are your feet any smaller or just your fingers? I bought 4 pairs of shoes last weekend on sale, thinking they would fit fine after my weight loss. (Don't want to spend money on clothes right now that will be too big soon.) Just curious to know-- thanks.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
My coach told me that if you are going to cook onions not to saute or caramelize them, but to use them in soup, microwave or steam them etc isn't the end of the world...
Thanks for the info. I have had them a couple of times in a recipe that I got off Dr. Tran's site and was confused about the no cooked onions edict as well. Now I won't feel so guilty. I do love them carmelized though. But I won't...
Old 03-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #70
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Jordanna-- I really like your blog.
http://www.memoirs-of-a-fat-kid.blogspot.com/
I will try your pizza recipe when I am really craving it.
Wish you hadn't mentioned the bacon guacamole thing!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Jordanna-- I really like your blog.
http://www.memoirs-of-a-fat-kid.blogspot.com/
I will try your pizza recipe when I am really craving it.
Wish you hadn't mentioned the bacon guacamole thing!
Thanks for the compliment and sorry about mentioning the burger...if it's any consolation that burger has been on my mind for a few weeks and I'm amazed at myself for deciding not to have a planned cheat on the day of my birthday like I had originally planned on.

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #72

Quote:
i've just started IP (i'm on day 5). i'm not taking the vitamins like i'm supposed to because i don't do well with large vitamins. do i need to take them? i also have not purchased sea salt. what's the purpose of the sea salt?

i'm finding myself growing tired of so many vegetables already, but think i could enjoy them with the proper recipes for good dressings and stuff to saute in or spice them up with. (i bought several waldenfarms dressings and wish i'd saved my money. ick.)

i like the chocolate drink (although i can't figure out why it clumps sometimes when i'm only heating it for less than 40 seconds??) and the bars. the bars are good. i don't like the omelette mix much, mostly due to the texture of it.

the good news is that i can already tell i've lost some weight by the feel of my clothing and the difference in my facial features. my kids have noticed too.

thanks so much! joey
Welcome, Joey, You MUST start taking your supplements or you could become sick. If the pills are too big (I don't like big pills either, but I take them anyway.) buy some smaller ones with the same nutrient values. The sea salt will replenish the sodium you are going to be peeing out and will keep you from getting light headed and headachy.

For lots of great suggestions and tips, click on "User CP" at the top left of the page. Then click on "forum tools" on the right side of the screen, midway down. Arrow down and click on "other low-carb diets." There's all kinds of Ideal Protein recipes and other helps there.

This is a great forum to be a part of.

Bev
Old 03-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #73

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:

thanks so much! joey
I'm on day five too!! We shall lose together. My clothes are feeling a little looser as well. I've found with the veggies, I saute using olive oil cooking spray and Mrs. Dash, or almost any of my normal spice, oregano, garlic, etc, and they come out delicious.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #74

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Jordanna, your blog is fantastic. Thanks for posting recipes and keeping us motivated with variety.
Question for everyone about cheese. I can't stomach the soy cheese. Yesterday I skipped my one ounce of skim milk in my coffee, but for dinner had a turkey burger on a portabello mushroom, with 3/4 ounce of light laughing cow cheese spread in between. Does that sound legal? I sure hope so, because it was fantastic!
I haven't posted for awhile, so just wanted to tell all of you with NSVs and weight loss congrats.

Started the 20 lbs by June 1st Challenge on April 1st!

One for every five pounds lost!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
Jordanna, your blog is fantastic. Thanks for posting recipes and keeping us motivated with variety.
Question for everyone about cheese. I can't stomach the soy cheese. Yesterday I skipped my one ounce of skim milk in my coffee, but for dinner had a turkey burger on a portabello mushroom, with 3/4 ounce of light laughing cow cheese spread in between. Does that sound legal? I sure hope so, because it was fantastic!
I haven't posted for awhile, so just wanted to tell all of you with NSVs and weight loss congrats.
Hiya Newsiemom - thanks for the compliment

Regarding cheese, my coach says as long as you only have it once in a while, and it's low fat cheese you can use it in place of the oz of skim milk in your coffee. Low fat dairy won't knock you out of ketosis but it can slow down your weight loss if you abuse it

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.