IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

You're on Page 37 of 37
Go to
  • Quote: Thanks to everyone for the info on aspartame. Something to check into.

Tonight I printed out two "inspiration" pictures that I saw from a recent vacation. I was horrified when I saw how fat and old and awful I looked. If I get a weak moment and want to go off program, a look at those pics should bring me back in line!

What little reminders do you use to keep on track and stop the evil thoughts to eat off the program?
    Hi, yinyang, I go in my bedroom and stare at the clothes in my closet, which I can wear again. Everybody thinks I have been buying new stuff. Before the diet I was down to about two outfits I could wear, and they didn't look that good anyway. There are still a few that are too tight to squeeze into without looking like a ho, so there's my motivation.
  • Quote: Well, tomorrow I go in for a weigh in with my IP coach (who is wonderful) I got on the scale today and I was down ten pounds so I hope maybe I can wow her with 11 or 12 pounds but maybe I am just really fantisizing. She said from the beginning that she thought that i would probably have weight loss and fat burning results more like the men do due to my muscle mass, and that was great news for me- because I can only hope to be losing 5-7 pounds a week, but we shall see since the diet has thrown me some serious health issues with migraines galore and extreme chronic fatigue- and during the third day i lost a chunk of my hair and have a bald spot but I don't think that was the diet but needless to say the coach and the doctor freaked a little.
    Today, I have had in my hands giving my son Milano cookies and a blueberry scone, macaroni and cheese, cheez its, a sugar cookie box laying open- fruit loops and half the time i had to just hold my nose! its bad enough to have the stuff in your house but to have a whole box of cheeze its in your lap and trying to hold your breath.... WELL THAT JUST SUCKS! but i managed to not eat any of it. i started feeling really lousy and went on a brisk 40 minute walk with my son and felt a little better but i tell you i was SOOO close to just grabbing those cheeze its and sugar cookies and plopping inn front of the TV out of exhaustion more than anything!!! and the really really BIZARRE FREKIN ANNOYING AS **** THING is I didn't crave ANY OF THIS JUNK before I got on this diet, I used to not eat anything all day until night( i usuallly just forgot) and I used to make cookies and not even eat one because I just didn't feel like it. And now I feel like I have a chorus line singing to me from the cabinets and the pantry and I am like WHAT THE HECK? After i had my son I like "lost" my sweet tooth and NOW it wants to make a come back? serioiusly, i used to FORGET TO EAT ALL DAY and now its like being on the front lines. And I HAVE AN IRON WILL- and I guess I still do because I haven't cheated or anything but I never thought I would have to talk myself out of it. and i never expected to feel so lousy when everyone else starts feeling so "good" after they detox!!! GRRRR- I'm frustrated.
    I'd appreciate any replies to anything.
    Hi, MTG, Way to go! Ten pounds in one week! Wow!

I know what you mean about packing lunches full of goodies and wanting to have a taste. I bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies every week for my hubby and the grandkids, and it's kind of hard to resist them when they're fresh out of the oven especially. And I pack hubby's lunch with grapes and carrot sticks (I used to munch while I packed). And making his strawberry-banana protein shake for breakfast--I used to take a sip and now have to refrain. I'm not a morning person, and I have to stay focused. I must say it's much easier than at first, but still....
  • Hi All--

Have been off the posts due to a quick family getaway over the weekend and am so happy to be back!

Weighed in last Friday and am down to 152.5 (17.5 total) !!!! Took the family to Sea World and I am so proud of myself, but managed to stay on IP the entire time! It took some planning and super-duper will power, but somehow I did it! My hubby who is also on IP managed to sneak in some fries/chips/beer while we were there, but still came home down a pound. That's men for you, I guess.

Have enjoyed reading all the sucess stories. So good to be back!
  • Hi, I'm kind of new to this blog thing, but I've been on Ideal Protein for a few weeks now and really love the premade vanilla shake. My coach doesn't allow me to have it more than once a day though, said it's not good. Is it true that if I have it 2-3 times a day, with little variety, that it will mess with the system? Any help is appreciated!
  • Quote: Oh, forgot to mention my NSV on Friday. I have been wearing my 'smaller' jeans so I thought I would take a chance and actually go try on jeans. I thought, "Well, this is going to be the cherry on the top of my day, or it's going to bring me crashing down.." It was great!! I timidly walked in the Buckle (where my size 2 & size 4 daughter's shop) and asked to try on some jeans. The girl had to keep bringing me smaller sizes! I actually bought a pair of Buckle jeans! I haven't done that since I was in college. My family was so proud of me. My husband said my butt looked so tiny. Wow!! True, it was a splurge since, hopefully, they will be too big in a few weeks, but I needed something to wear out that night. I wore my black, high-heeled, pointy-toed boots with them and I felt awesome
    Oh, I love fashion reports. If you find yourself with no other motivation for losing weight you can always say to yourself: Do it for the sake of fashion!

Don't forget to throw out your old and baggy clothes.
  • Quote: i take medecations on a regular basis. which ones can inhibit ketosis, that you know of?
    I don't know about ketosis per se, but I know that diabetics can alter their blood sugars by taking ibuprofen , allergy pills and some cold medicines.
  • Quote: Aspartame is probably the WORST sweeetner out there for you.
    Ive read that it attacks like everything in your system and unfortunately its in ALOT of diet things.
    We are allowed Sucralose = Splenda though.

Oh, Hi JoshB!

I was wondering if you were still around. Good to have you "pop in" once in awhile.

How's it going? Have you tried Stevia to use as a sweetener? It's derived from a plant. It's found in the supplement aisle (not the sugar aisle.)

With all the new IP'ers, it takes me forever to read all the posts when I miss a day or two. I remember when there were only 3 or 4 posters and I would read the posts slowly to savor them. LOL. But now we have all this great input of ideas and support. I am learning to speed read.

Okay, back to reading!
  • Quote: I bought the WF ketchup and hated it! It was so gross!!!! I am a ketchup fiend and ended up getting the Heinz reduced sugar ketcup instead. It's sooooo yummy! I wouldn't recommend the WF kind at all!

But wait a minute before you throw it out. It tastes like cocktail sauce! Try it as a shrimp cocktail. You could even add some dill or cilantro or cubed cucumber to it to give it a fresh taste.
  • Quote: Chelle, my scale was crawling too. I bet once they get the water retention figured out you will see a good loss. It is amazing what the water weighs. I don't know if you saw my post about losing 7 lbs overnight last week when I took the 1st water pill.
    I was out of town for 5 days, but wanted to let you know that I started a Potassium supplement on 3/12 and didn't see any difference. My rings are still tight. I can't take IP potassium, its 800 which is too strong. I'm taking 600. Scale is still crawling along, but I'm ok as long as it keeps going down.
  • Quote: Hi everyone, had a another good week this week. Another 4 lbs down. That is 31 in 6 weeks. Found a store here in Fort Lauderdale that sells all the Walden Farms products and i must admit the carmel is excellent. I take two teaspoons or that, along with my vanilla pudding, 1/2 cup of coffee, and put it in the blender for breakfast!! Hope everyone has a great week!
    I posted to you a while back, but being gone for almost a week, its easy to miss a lot of posts. Here it is:

Congrats on your great number!

I live in Broward too. Where do they sell all Walden Farms? Publix only has a few of the dressings?

I got frustrated and was ready to buy online from WF, but they require a Google Account, which I really did not want to do. So I found American Diabetes Warehouse (ADW) that sells all WF products at about 26% off, plus I got a promo code for $12.00, and free shipping if over $100.00. I didn't buy $100 worth of WF, but my Husbands diabetes tests strips were much cheaper than CVS. Turns out ADW is in Pompano, but they wouldn't let me come pick my order up.
  • Quote: I was out of town for 5 days, but wanted to let you know that I started a Potassium supplement on 3/12 and didn't see any difference. My rings are still tight. I can't take IP potassium, its 800 which is too strong. I'm taking 600. Scale is still crawling along, but I'm ok as long as it keeps going down.
    Someone needs to close this thread. Everyone is on the new week and I almost missed this.

Are you taking the antioxidants? My coach put me on them and said they would help with the water retention. I have also tried to be careful with my salt. I was eating more than the allowable teaspoon. I still have puffy legs when I go home from work, one of the side effects of sitting at a computer all day. My coach said green tea would help with water retention too. It is an ingredient in the antioxidants. Hope to see you on the new week thread!
  • Quote: Someone needs to close this thread. Everyone is on the new week and I almost missed this.

Are you taking the antioxidants? My coach put me on them and said they would help with the water retention. I have also tried to be careful with my salt. I was eating more than the allowable teaspoon. I still have puffy legs when I go home from work, one of the side effects of sitting at a computer all day. My coach said green tea would help with water retention too. It is an ingredient in the antioxidants. Hope to see you on the new week thread!
    I take a bunch of things, but not the IP supplements. I was told only 1/2 tsp of salt per day, which I'm pretty good about. I sit at a computer all day too. I should get up and walk around every so often, but I'm not good about that.

I will try the green tea - thanks!