3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #16
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Those are called "planned slips" and IP will be there for you when you get back. Eat a few bites of protein before the pasta so you don't get an "insulin surge" from the carb intake.

But most of all: Have fun and let us know how it went when you come back.

Oh, and what are you wearing to the wedding? I love fashion reports.
Fashion Report: A black strapless dress... it's simple but I will be able to wear it again and that was important when spending $145 on it. Oh and a NSV involving the dress.. I bought it last Oct. just to make sure I would be able to get that exact one and took it in to be altered last Monday before losing 6 more lbs. and she said she would be taking it in from a size 12 (I have a big bust which makes strapless dresses difficult) to a size 7.5. How awesome is that!?

MINI GOAL: SOUTH PADRE TEXAS 3/20/2011

Old 03-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #17
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I think we should all post our least favorite part of our body and say audios to it!
I'm a guy so probably normal but gut/love handles for me.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #18
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Rachel:

I just saw that your picture showed up. You are so young and beautiful.

I am 57 y.o. and if I had my life to do over again I would have started strength training in my teens or at least by my 20's. And we didn't know anything about "bad carbs" back then so you are lucky in that respect.

I was always slender and toning my muscles would have given me a great looking body and most likely avoided a lot of fat gain over the years.

For your legs I recommend starting with simple squats (thats what Beyonce did to get those great legs.)

But the Holy Grail exercise system is "The Firm" which is a kit sold at Target that comes with steps that also turn into a ramp. You will need to buy a set of dumbbells to go with the kit. The kit comes with some exercise CD's that you build you up from beginner level. You see results pretty fast.

I did Firm workouts for one whole summer in 2006 and noticed a huge improvement in my muscle tone (enough to wear a spaghetti strap short little black dress to my 35th High School Reunion, wink-wink.)

Since I'm giving out motherly advice, here's something else I would have done different and I wish I could share with all young women:

Avoid men that have a poor relationship with their mother. Whether the fault is with the mother or not, the poor guy didn't learn how to understand or treat a woman. I learned this from experience.
started IP 10/14/09
maintained 1/1/10 to 3/29/10
back on IP Phase I on 3/29/10
started 20 pounds by June 1st challenge on 4/1/10

Success is falling down 9 times and getting up 10.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Jordanna,

I am eating the fritatta that you posted on the recipe page for lunch right now and it is wonderful!! I'm not a huge fan of the IP Omelet and this is actually really good. I did cheat with 1 tsp parm cheese though
Hooray, glad you are enjoying it I sneak some cheese in mine once in a while too and hasn't slowed down my weight loss at all. I don't look at cheese as a cheat, it's more like a tool you pull out of your belt once in a while to help get the job done

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #20

My belly for sure is my body area that gives me the most trouble (I am apple shaped.) And my upper arms are a close second but those are easier to cover up. No arm tatoos for me.
started IP 10/14/09

Old 03-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Fashion Report: A black strapless dress... it's simple but I will be able to wear it again and that was important when spending $145 on it. Oh and a NSV involving the dress.. I bought it last Oct. just to make sure I would be able to get that exact one and took it in to be altered last Monday before losing 6 more lbs. and she said she would be taking it in from a size 12 (I have a big bust which makes strapless dresses difficult) to a size 7.5. How awesome is that!?
Seven and a half? Never heard of in-between sizes like that. Beyond awesome.

Please take pictures at the wedding and post them here!

Speaking of toning, gotta go to the gym. Bye 'til later.
started IP 10/14/09

Old 03-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #22
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Seven and a half? Never heard of in-between sizes like that. Beyond awesome.

Please take pictures at the wedding and post them here!

Speaking of toning, gotta go to the gym. Bye 'til later.
She may have been telling me that because it wasn't taken in to quite a 6 but not a solid 8 and she knew I had been on a diet LOL. and thanks for the awesome advice. Beyonce's legs are to die for! Also, the information about guys is soo true!

MINI GOAL: SOUTH PADRE TEXAS 3/20/2011

Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #23
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

I'd have to say the gut and the "man boobs" are what I'm trying to get rid of.
My wife keeps telling me I don't have man boobs, but I think she's saying that to be nice.

Also, anyone here eating bok choy? I've started doing stir fry and am using bok choy in it. Do we count bok choy as unlimited lettuce or does it apply to our 4 cups of select veggies? I'd ask my coach, but I'd probably get an equally useless answer if I asked my 5 year old.

Thanks.

wk1-4: -30, wk5-8: -18, wk9-12: -12.5, wk13: -2.5

(1 for every 5 lbs lost)

(1 for every 5 lbs still to lose)

Last edited by dad : 03-08-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #24

Height: 5.8

HI all

I hope you don't mind if I crash your group. I just finished my first week on IP and I lost 14 pounds. The first 4 days were hellish and my poor fiance thought I was possessed because my moods were up and down but I fought through it and today I feel almost normal.

I have a lot of motivation behind doing this diet. One is my Sept 18 wedding and I want to be a smokin hot bride, the second is we want kids right away and I want to be in the best shape of my life when we try.

I have been reading this forum all week and I have already learned so many tips etc.

Have a great evening everyone!
KimAnn
Old 03-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #25
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
HI all

I hope you don't mind if I crash your group. I just finished my first week on IP and I lost 14 pounds.
Ummm...wow! 14 in one week is awesome! I lost 12 my first week and was ecstatic. I can't imagine how excited you must be.

wk1-4: -30, wk5-8: -18, wk9-12: -12.5, wk13: -2.5

(1 for every 5 lbs lost)

(1 for every 5 lbs still to lose)
Old 03-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #26
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Also, do any of you think that doing some intense leg workouts over the next few weeks will help with some of the loss in my legs? I have lost a few inches but the loss in my upper body is much more significant than the loss in my lower body. I also have cellulite on the insides of my thighs (my biggest insecurity). My beautiful, lovely, wonderful thighs (i'm trying to sweet talk them into going away this week) are my final stumbling block on this diet. Hopefully my last 26 lbs. come off of my thighs..HA!

I think we should all post our least favorite part of our body and say audios to it!
ok, well then I would have to say "audios" to my hips, butt, thighs and gut. I wish they would go far, far away!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
My wife keeps telling me I don't have man boobs, but I think she's saying that to be nice.

Also, anyone here eating bok choy? I've started doing stir fry and am using bok choy in it. Do we count bok choy as unlimited lettuce or does it apply to our 4 cups of select veggies? I'd ask my coach, but I'd probably get an equally useless answer if I asked my 5 year old.

Thanks.
I make baby bok choy soup every other day for lunch and I count it as my two cups of veggies. On our "IP Phase 1 Protocol" shhet it's listed as one of the select veggies and not as a lettuce so I would count it as such.

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid

20 lbs to Christmas Challenge!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #28

I used to do the Firm videos a lot over the years and they are great. I also have gone to circuit training classes for many years too. They will certainly help with the toning, but not too much in a couple weeks. Spanx will help more in the short term!

I have not done any exercise this last week and I am itching to get back at it. I feel quite a bit better this week and more energetic, so plan to start mid week with walking and using my exercise bands.

I love bok choy and my information lists it as a select veggie, which would mean by the cup. It should filly you up though.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #29
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
THAT IS SO GREAT!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #30
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/125/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post

Thanks.
Bok choy is Chinese cabbage, and belongs in the veg list as IP approved!

"Do or do not... there is no try."
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.