3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:05 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I didn't realize that going in and out of keitosis was that dangerous. I agree that this should be made known upfront. That almost doesn't make any sense, but I'm also not in the health field... yet . I have felt "fat" all day due to my cheat. It's amazing what guilt will do to a person. I had a dream that I had gained my 19 back plus 100 more and woke up this morning half expecting it to be true. I won't be doing any more unplanned "cheating" for a while after all this LOL.
It's not that going in and out of ketosis is dangerous, it's more that when you're not in ketosis you are basically on a starvation diet because your body is only getting about 5-600 calories a day. Every time you cheat and go out of ketosis it takes approx 3 days to get back in and you are just starving yourself until your body goes into a state where it can get the remaining calories it needs from your stored fat....

or you can check me out on facebook: Memoirs of a Fat Kid
Old 03-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #182

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I just made the cutest mini meatloafs. I mixed 2 lbs. extra lean burger with an egg, onion, sea salt, pepper, some WF hot & spicy bbq sauce, 1/2 tsp. worchestire sauce and added a little chopped yellow pepper. I measured out 5 oz. and made little loaves. I get one, DH and DS get however many they want. I can't wait for supper!!!
I have been looking and can't find the recipes that pertain to IP. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks
Hi, WyoSun, Click on "User CP" up at the top left of the screen. Click on the "User Control Panel" down arrow on the middle right of your screen. Arrow down and click on "Other Reduced Carb Diets." There's all kinds of IP stuff to click on, including the recipes.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #183

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
It's not that going in and out of ketosis is dangerous, it's more that when you're not in ketosis you are basically on a starvation diet because your body is only getting about 5-600 calories a day. Every time you cheat and go out of ketosis it takes approx 3 days to get back in and you are just starving yourself until your body goes into a state where it can get the remaining calories it needs from your stored fat....
Thanks, Jordanna, that makes sense.

Bev
Old 03-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #184
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Bev, now it looks like I have another 3-4 hours of reading!!!
Appreciate the help.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #185
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

Anyone know where to buy the ready made chocolate drink other than newlifestylediet.com? They have the vanilla in stock now, but I don't want to pay shipping for vanilla now and then for chocolate later.

But if I wait for the chocolate to come in, the vanilla might be gone. What a conundrum.

Thanks,

wk1-4: -30, wk5-8: -18, wk9-12: -12.5, wk13: -2.5

(1 for every 5 lbs lost)

(1 for every 5 lbs still to lose)

Last edited by dad; 03-10-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #186

S/C/G: 219/217/160

Height: 5'2"

I was wondering what everyone's take on alcohol was? I know that vodka and gin(i think) have 0 sugar and 0 carbs. I know for myself that it takes quite a big cheat to throw me out of ketosis and even when I do get out of ketosis it only take 24hrs to go back in.

As far as the ketostix go my coach told me that the lighter the better. She said that you do not want to be too heavy into ketosis because that means your are probably burning muscle too.

I posted a question last week about birth control and still never really got a solid answer from anyone! I just started birth control about 3 weeks ago and I've been on IP for 10 weeks now...should I be worried about the BC's effectiveness?

Everyone seems like they are doing awesome About cheating....don't worry about it. Make it yours...(just don't go crazy) Most of us are on this diet for a bit of time and i truly believe that you have got to cheat sometimes!! Plus....my coach said that she cheated once a week and still lost 40lbs in 10 weeks. (either she's lying or she's superwoman idk)
Old 03-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #187
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
Anyone know where to buy the ready made chocolate drink other than newlifestylediet.com? They have the vanilla in stock now, but I don't want to pay shipping for vanilla now and then for chocolate later.

But if I wait for the chocolate to come in, the vanilla might be gone. What a conundrum.

Thanks,
Lindora. Get the Mocha.. it's yummy

MINI GOAL: SOUTH PADRE TEXAS 3/20/2011

Old 03-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #188
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Jordanna.. that makes sense now. I have felt a little off/tired today. I bet my carb overload/ going out of ketosis/ starvation mode has something to do with it!

MINI GOAL: SOUTH PADRE TEXAS 3/20/2011

Old 03-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post

Thanks,
Yes, I was wondering this too....where is the absolute best source to get these from? Have you tried the Mocha flavor, I have not. Shipping is not cheap but it is sort of a heavy item. I spent some time searching UHT drinks/shakes manufactured in Canada this past weekend to see if I could figure out who actually makes these particular shakes. UHT, as I understand it, means ultra high temperature and is a processing term. I am convinced these are not made by IP or Newlifestyle, but rather a third entity (the packaging is generic looking to me w/o logo). Unfortunately I did not have any luck in finding the manufacturer but maybe someone out there knows who it is. The next best thing would be finding the most similar shakes to these that don't have aspertame in them, if anyone knows this off hand, please advise. If not, I could look to see what people may have written on the alternate IP thread. I have heard of the EAS shakes but don't know what's in them or what the "sweetener" is or comparisons are.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #190

S/C/G: 191/191/140

the EAS shakes are sugar free (sweetened with sucralose) and sometimes have less carbs and 2g more protein than the IP shakes - they are a great substitute!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #191

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Emichelle, who is your IP coach? My aunt is my long-distance coach and she is in Portland, OR - her name is Jan Kelley.

I'll be moving back to lovely Portland, OR this June after finishing grad school - so excited!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #192
dad

S/C/G: 244/178/174

Height: 5' 10"

My "coach" gave me a few of the UHT ready to drink chocolate a few weeks ago to sample (think drug dealer) and I absolutely loved them. For me, they are indistinguishable from chocolate milk.

After hearing great things about the EAS Advantage shakes, I bought a case at Sam's Club last week and have been working on those. In my opinion they are more like chocolate water. Not horrible, but definitely nothing close to the UHT ones.

I just wish this stuff was easier to come by.

wk1-4: -30, wk5-8: -18, wk9-12: -12.5, wk13: -2.5

(1 for every 5 lbs lost)

(1 for every 5 lbs still to lose)
Old 03-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #193

S/C/G: 219/217/160

Height: 5'2"

ckanable

You have to be kidding me!! That is my coach and my...BOSS!! HAHAHAHA That's awesome. I love her...great great woman! (She really is super woman)
Old 03-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
BlueMermaid, if you actually notice that you don't feel so tired when you take 2 of the potassium supplements, I think that is significant. Fatigue is one of the symptoms of potassium deficiency. So is edema, by the way. Dr. Tran Tien says that potassium deficiency is the main hazard of this diet, so we need to be careful with that. I think it's great that you actually had blood tests to check your levels out for sure. (I just got back the results of my blood tests, and my doctor said they "couldn't be better").
I got my blood test results today and my kidneys are functioning normally. My potassium is also in the normal range also. I am going to take the potassium supplement twice a day now to help with the fatigue. My doctor said as long as the kidneys are functioning normally, taking 2 of the potassium supplements will not harm me. I have been taking water pills for 2 days for the edema, it seems better today, still a little swelling but not as bad. The scale has dropped 5 lbs since Monday. I will be excited to see what my next weigh in will be. I hope the fluid stays off!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
My 3rd weigh in is tomorrow wish me luck.
Good Luck Sam! I am sure you will do great!

Closed Thread