Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • Found this recipe online. Haven't tried it yet, but thought it sounded good and different!

Meat & Veggie Meatballs

1 lb ground turkey or beef
    2 Egg Whites
    1/4 c dried parsley
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
    3/4 c grated zucchini
    3/4 c grated cauliflower
    1/2 c finely chopped mushrooms or spinach

Mix ingredients together, make into balls. Place on non stick baking sheet & bake at 425 for 20 mins.
  • Korean Marinating Sauce & Tuna Steaks
    Korean Marinating Sauce & Tuna Steaks

Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
    Serves: 4
    Submitted by: Inspired by Home Cooks (I got this off the Facebook Links thread in the main section)

"Add an Asian dimension to tuna. Marinate the steaks in this sauce for 2 hours before grilling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients
    Convert to U.S. Standard 4 (4 ounce) albacore tuna steaks
    6 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, divided
    2 tablespoons sesame seeds
    1 green onion, sliced
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    2 tablespoons sesame oil
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions Rub the albacore steaks with 4 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener. Allow to sit 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

In a skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.

In a shallow bowl, mix the remaining SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, toasted sesame seeds, green onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Place the albacore steaks in the mixture, and marinate 2 hours in the refrigerator.

Preheat the oven broiler.

Discard marinade, and place the albacore steaks on a baking sheet. Broil to desired doneness in the preheated oven.

(Note: I wasn't sure how to use the broiler because I never do it -- I turned it on 4 and that was a little too hot. The tuna steak cooked very quickly, so don't leave them unattended. Also, get rid of as many of the sesame seeds as you can before putting it under the broiler, they burn easily)
  • Amish Coleslaw
    Amish Coleslaw

Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 3 Minutes
    Serves: 8
    (Again, got this one from the Facebook Links page in the main section)

Ingredients
    1 medium onion, finely chopped
    1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
    1 cup vinegar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon celery seed
    1 teaspoon SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
    1 teaspoon prepared mustard
    3/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, onion, and 1 cup SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, salt, celery seed, 1 teaspoon SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, mustard and oil. Bring to a boil, and cook for 3 minutes. Cool completely, then pour over cabbage mixture, and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.

(Note: This one is delish. I changed out the oil to a more IP friendly oil. If you do that, make sure its a high heat oil. It is great the next day like it says, but I thought it was wonderful right after I'd made it, too. There is a lot of oil here, so remember to count it as part of your 2 teaspoons. Satisfies a sweet craving.)
  • Cabbage rolls
    I, too, get tired of the same veggies and recipes. But I developed a new one that you might want to try. This feeds 2 people. Boil cabbage leaves until they are limp. Drain and set aside. Brown 10 oz. ground turkey in 2 TB EVOO, add chopped mushrooms and green onions. Season meat with your favorite Mrs. Dash, sea salt and pepper. Put one large spoonful in the middle of cabbage leaf and roll it like a burrito. Place your cabbage rolls in a baking dish. Pour one small package of fat-free chicken broth over the rolls, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 min. at 350 degrees. It's delicious and different!
    I've also added leftover steamed veggies to the meat mix (cauliflower, radishes, broccoli) just to get a different flavor and texture.
  • Veggie suggestions
    I have a few vegetable suggestions. First of all, we invested in a steamer ($20 at Walmart) and use it almost every day. Here are a couple of suggestions:
    1. You can steam cauliflower and radishes until mushy, then mash them to make a dish that tastes a lot like new mashed potatoes. When I mash them, I add sea salt, pepper and table blend Mrs. Dash.
    2. I love the steamed broccoli at Applebee's, so on a whim I called our local restaurant and asked how they got that incredible flavor and the kitchen manager actually shared their method with me!!
    Clean and cut broccoli into bite sized pieces. Place in a baggie or bowl of water to which you have added sea salt and your favorite spices (they have a prepackaged spice. I added cumin, garlic powder and Mrs. Dash) Let veggies soak from 30 minutes up to overnight. Loosely drain, leaving some water on veggies, then place in steamer. If you can't use all the veggies in one sitting, after you drain, place them back into the bag and put in fridge for up to 3 days.
    3. Mrs. Dash comes in a variety of flavors and adds extra zing to any dish.
    4. Cut turnips and radishes into thin slices (1/4 inch). Brown in a skillet with 2-4 tbl of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). Toss with sea salt and spices. I usually quarter the turnips before I slice them for quicker cooking time.
    5. My husband likes to grill okra, then toss it with some sea salt and Mrs. Dash. I'm not a big okra fan, but he loves it!
  • Quote: I Have a few recipes that I have made and they are just as good as the originals!! I dont use measurements for the spices as I am a taste tester so sorry about that part!

Stuffed Mushrooms

Stuffer Mushrooms
    Cauliflower- cooked until soft and can be mashed
    Dill
    WF Mayo
    Real Garlic
    some mrs dash garlic lovers
    salt
    olive oil
    crab meat finely chopped and heated (optional)
    finely grated Low fat cheese ( the finer it is grated the more you get per ounce) (optional)

mash the cauliflower, add the spices, mayo and crab meat
    "stuff" the mushrooms and place in a cupcake tin and put a thin layer of cheese on top and bake until the cheese is golden brown

I eat these as a meal, they are soooo good!
    This is probably a dumb question, but what is WF mayo? I get the mayonnaise part, but WF?
  • Quote: This is probably a dumb question, but what is WF mayo? I get the mayonnaise part, but WF?
    WF = Walden Farms. WF mayo is "mayo" made by the company Walden Farms.
  • Since I'm new I kinda want some confirmation that this marinade would be ok. It's one of my favorites and I think it should work...... can anyone see why it wouldn't?

2 C Soya Sauce
    2 C Zevia Soda (made with stevia.. need the carbonation to activate the marinade)
    2 T Horseradish (zero carbs and fat!)
    1/3 Cup EVOO

You can use it on chicken or turkey.. best if cut into strips. I love it on turkey breast!
  • [QUOTE=jency;3479167]

This sounds very interesting, especially if you like the tang of horseradish -- sort of like a cocktail sauce for meat rather than shrimp.

It should be OK IF you use it in moderation. Perhaps 1/4 C or less at a time?
  • Oh it is so yummy Linden! It's a marinade not a sauce... I put in about 1 1/2 pounds of turkey breast cut into thin strips. Let it sit in the marinade all day and grill it that night. It's even great cold the next day. The original recipe calls for 2 C Cola.... but I've done it with sprite so I think the Lemon lime zevia will be just fine.
  • Not so much a recipe - but a new taste treat find: DaVinci SF Peanut Butter syrup! Mmmmmm...

I've, so far, used it with the vanilla and chocolate puddings, but I also added some to my oil & vinegar (with sea salt and pepper) for a great-tasting salad dressing!
  • Quote: I took the Rosemary Chicken recipe and tweaked it a little to make a FABULOUS smothered chicken recipe. Honestly, company would not know it was good for you!

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
    1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
    1 packet mushroom IP soup packet
    2 T olive oil
    Rosemary, sea salt, black pepper, lemon pepper and Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb

In large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the bell pepper and mushrooms. Move to the side. Sprinkle seasonings onto chicken and add to skillet. Brown chicken lightly on both sides. Reduce heat to medium. When cooked through, mix mushroom soup packet with 6 oz water and add to skillet. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low and let the flavors simmer for a few minutes. Serve chicken topped with the mushrooms and bell peppers. If you want more veggies, you can increase to 1 cup each.

I believe the rosemary made the biggest difference in this recipe. If you usually don't use rosemary, venture into it. It doesn't take much at all, so go light with it, but it gives food a really rich flavor.
    I tried this recipe for dinner tonight. It was absolutely delicious!!
  • •Lay out 2 zuchinis sliced lengthwise on bottom of 9x11 baking dish
    •2-3 tbsp tomato sause (no sugar added, of course) or fresh sliced tomatoes spread over zucchini
    •Spinkle Italian spices (oregano & parsley), salt and pepper
    •Lay fresh basil leaves over tomato & spices
    •Spread 2 cups lightly sauteed mushrooms (I am not a big fan, so I just laid a few)
    •1 lb sauteed italian chicken sausage (I used turkey)
    •sprinkle with rice cheese (I used veggie cheese)
    •Bake 20 min at 350, let stand 5 minutes, Enjoy! (I baked for a bit longer to soften the zuchini)

You can also use the ingredients to stuff green peppers. Yummo!
  • Coastal Crafter’s Ground Turkey +Veggie Soup

1 -2lb.pkg ground turkey browned in pan with tablespoon olive oil and drain well. Break up pieces small

Add the following :
    1 large can whole peeled tomatoes
    1 mini can low sodium V8 juice
    6 Low sodium beef boullion cubes and 4 cups water

Add in the following veggies: (Cut bite size first)
    2 containers of mushroom- (I don’t use stems)
    2 yellow squash
    2 zuchinni
    1 large broccoli head (I use the florets only)
    1 container fresh green beans
    ˝ pkg frozen spinach ( I steam it first then add last to soup)

Then I add seasonings-( to taste)
    Onion powder
    Garlic powder
    Italian seasoning
    Parsley
    REAL salt

Let soup simmer til veggies are tender. ( A couple of hours)

For family- I boil mini pasta shells or ditalini macaroni and add to their bowls
    Enjoy!!
  • We're not allowed V8 or yellow squash, just so people know.