3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196008-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-2-a.html)

TaylorMayde 07-29-2010 05:52 PM

Pepperoni Pizza

1 Crepe packet
WF Marinara
Turkey pepperoni

Mix Crepe with less water than usual, to form a thick batter. Spread onto parchment paper, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Spread with WF Marinara, and top with pepperonis. Bake for an additional 5 minutes!

This is a essential for those of you who crave pizza!! :D

jpenne 07-30-2010 07:06 PM

Speaking of Hashbrowns...

I made "hashbrowns" with shredded turnips. Peel and shred your turnip, spray a pan with cooking spray, preheat it a little, throw in the turnips and let them brown to your desired color, then flip and brown the other side. Season with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder if you like. You do have to eat them while they're hot, when they get cold,they're not quite as tasty

dietfrenzy 07-31-2010 12:03 AM

Lettuce Cups

Lettuce Cups...

I made this a couple of days ago and it tasted great! so i made it again this evening for my dinner.

ground beef (or turkey or chicken)
celery
mushrooms
zucchini
soy sauce
olive oil
salt
pepper
iceberg lettuce

chop the celery, mushrooms and zucchini into small pieces and saute over medium heat with olive oil, salt, pepper.

cook the ground meat in another skillet until cooked (i like my meat well done!)

then add the veggies to the meat and mix well. add soy sauce and continue to cook over medium heat for a few minutes.

wash iceberg lettuce piece by piece...
then ready to scoop the meat/veggie mix into the lettuce cups and enjoy!

you can mix and match the meat and the veggies based on what you like.
-dina

pumpkyparry 07-31-2010 01:52 PM

Had to make smashed cauliflower today...had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays with a friend who is on maintenance so he had the smashed cauliflower that has butter and cream in it (heavens forbid) while I had the steamed broccoli.

So today for lunch I cooked two cups of cauliflower florets till soft.
Made a pkg of IP chicken soup and divided it into four portions, used one portion, and added to cauliflower, along with some butter flavoring, Mrs. Dash's, garlic powder, 1 tsp of olive oil and pulsed it in the bullet, pushed the ingredients down and [ulsed some more...it was really good. I chopped up some lettuce, had WF onion dressing on that and because I only had 1/2 of my protein, I divided my raspberry gelatin in half and had that for dessert...very filling and the colors looked great on the dish....take that Ruby Tuesday's.!!!!! If I was a betting woman, I'd guess Novak has already done this. lol

libbyroo 08-04-2010 07:56 AM

This is my favorite dressing for red or napa cabbage slaw. I mix it and just have it available for each salad.

Toss red cabbage and or napa cabbage with yellow bell pepper and green onion. About 10 minutes prior to eating mix with dressing below.

Makes way more than you need.

Sweet Sour Thai Dressing (use good storage like canning jar and refrigerate)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
3 T soy sauce
2 T sucrolose more if you like sweeter or stevia...use way less)
1 T minced fresh ginger (I use more)
1 t minced garlic
1 t minced hot pepper or red pepper flakes (omit if you don't like spicy foods)

Enjoy

Kristiv88 08-08-2010 07:03 PM

Fresh Herb Dressing

1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves
1 Tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
1 small clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon Splenda or Stevia
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

In a blender add rice vinegar, fresh basil, oregano and rosemary leaves, garlic, Splenda or Stevia, salt, and pepper. Blend 10 to 15 seconds until all the herbs and garlic are finely minced. Gradually add the olive oil and continue blending for 10 to 15 seconds or until everything is mixed well.
-Makes about 2/3 cup-(Phases 1-4).

nonnag 08-09-2010 01:36 AM

Steamed Skillet Turnips

My mom shared with me the VERY best recipe for turnips. We had these tonight and I could have eaten my weight in them!

2 turnips
2 tsp olive oil
sea salt to taste
Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
black pepper

Peel turnips. Cut in half like you would an apple (vertically); then slice the halves into 1/4 inch pieces; then slice those so you have turnips that resemble small french fries. Season and saute in olive oil for a few minutes; then cover (this is the key) and steam until they are tender and sweet. These are the best turnips I have ever tasted! This make enough for two cups for two people if you get good size turnips.

doxigirl 08-09-2010 09:02 PM

Rootbeer float

I just got an order in today of several different flavors of liquid stevia. I made a rootbeer float for my night snack. I took a vanilla pudding pack and put in the blender with ice, water, splenda, a small amount of knox gelatin powder and 3 small drops of rootbeer flavored liquid stevia. It was excellent! What a nice treat. I love IP!:dancer:

Linden 08-10-2010 02:04 AM

Greek Summer Salad

2 servings. Very refreshing.

INGREDIENTS

4 C romaine, torn into bite-sized pieces
1/2 garlic clove minced fine or grated with a micro grater
1/4 t dried oregano (or 1/2 t fresh)
1/4 t sea salt
ground black pepper (or what you like)
2 small Roman tomatoes cut in quarters
2-3 thin slices red onion opened into rings
1/3 - 1/2 English cucumber, sliced horizontally into half, then sliced into 1/4" thick slices
1/4 julienned green pepper
2 t olive oil, 9 grams
1/2 to 1 whole lemon, juiced
1 T dry mint

METHOD

Layer ingredients in a largish bowl. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice and toss. Put 1 T dried mint into the bowl of your hand and crush it finely. Sprinkle all over the salad. Dried works better than fresh.

natchamp 08-13-2010 07:20 PM

Spicy Cucumber Salad

2 cucumbers, sliced bite sizes
1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed small
1/4 onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small bunch fresh cilantro
1 large lime, juiced
1 jalepeno, minced
1 Tbls. Mrs. Dash Extra Spicey or Chipotle

Mix all together and enjoy. Add bell peppers, celery, zucchini or whatever else.

Change it up and replace lime, jalepeno, and seasoning with apple cidar vinegar and dill.

showgirlaz 08-16-2010 11:07 PM

Asain Sauteed Cucumbers with Broiled Salmon

Here is a recipe I tried tonight! It was great for satisfying my "I am bored and want something new" feeling.

Asian Sauteed Cucumber

INGREDIENTS
• 3 medium to large cucumbers (seedless cucumbers)
• 2 tsp shallots
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
• 1 squeeze or 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
• Olive oil to saute
• Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS
1. First prepare the cucumber. Don’t peel. You can rake the outsides lengthwise with a fork for a decorative appeal. Cut lengthwise in thin strips and then in 1/4” pieces
2. Find a large pan,approximately 10" to 12". I used an iron skillet but, you could use non stick or other sautee pan.
3. Then heat the oil the same pan. Add the ginger, cucumber, soy and cook a couple of minutes. Then add the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and optional red pepper flake. Cook a few more minutes until cucumbers are starting to look translucent. Toss in the shallots, mint, and lemon. Allow to cook just until the shallot begins to change appearance. Then remove from the heat. Serve warm NOT hot or room temp.

I served this with a romaine side salad which had steamed mushrooms, 3 strips of fresh heirloom tomatoes (about 1/8 cup) and a homemade ginger soy dressing.

I selected some fresh, wild salmon, seasoned it with some garlic herb seasoning by Spice Hunter and broiled it til it was opaque and flaked easily.

YUMMY! :)

Here is a picture. It isn't accurate on the salmon portion size. (I had to eat a little extra protein earlier and adjusted my dinner by 3oz.) This shows a 4oz (precooked wt.) salmon, 1-1/2 cups cucumber, 1-1/2 cup romaine and 1/2 cup mushroom.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...dcucumbers.jpg

Pegsi 08-19-2010 12:27 AM

Chicken "Noodle" soup

Broth
1 carton chicken broth
add seasoning (bay leaf, sage, oregano, sea salt, pepper, etc.)

Turkey meatballs
Small package ground turkey
1 egg
1 pkg. IP onion puffs crushed (like bread crumbs)
spices and seasonings
parsley

"Noodles"
peeled zucchini juliened (long thin peices, spagetti like)

Heat soup stock to boil and drop very very small meatballs into hot liquid
Add chopped leeks and "Noodles"

Super Yummy:p

IdivorcedBenandJerry 08-20-2010 06:55 PM

I found this recipe on IdealToGo.com. It's very good!

Italian Shrimp

1/8 c Olive oil
1/4 c Walden Farms Italian Dressing
2 TBS Minced Garlic
1-2 lbs of shrimp (medium size) uncooked
2 c of your favorite veggie
1 tsp dried Basel
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
sprinkle of red pepper flakes for heat (optional)

pour olive oil and dressing into a large skillet and stir until mixed over medium heat. Add garlic, seasonings and veggies, stir until mixed. Add shrimp and cook over medium heat for 10 minutesor until shrimp are pink and done.

Ive made this several times and it never turns out the same way twice, but always so tasty! I use different seasonings, more or less shrimp, different veggies. ( Ive made it with asparagus, celery, onions, squash, even broccoli)
This will make a large quantity so I split it into portions and refrigerate. Its great for lunch and dinner the next day!

Enjoy

Pegsi 08-21-2010 11:21 PM

::devil:Tacoless Salad:devil:

Meat
Brown extra lean ground beef
add taco seasoning mix as per package instructions
( I use reduced salt Old El Paso as it has no sugar and most of the others do)
ALWAYS watch your ingredients list and nutritional information

Filling
Shred TONS of head lettuce and add whatever other select veggies
Salsa (again watch the label I use Herdez) and 'sour cream' mixed together
WF mayo adds that creamy 'sour cream' taste/texture

Cheese
un'cheese' which would be Soya (which we are allowed) cheese
There are many vegan cheeses out there and they have less fat and calories than just eating canned Soya beans

Taco
IP plain crepes, 1 small egg white, sea salt, 2 tbsp of oatbran, 120 mls water
cook in skillet like usual.
You should get about 4 crepes from this mixture and you don't need them all
just 1 or 2 save the rest for another day.
Cut 1 or 2 crepes into strips and bake in oven til crispy! (350 degrees and keep checking and flipping)

Enjoy!
P.S. please don't dis my recipes. Hints and tips are nice and I am new at this IP stuff if there is something that doesn't work for you change it. This works for me.:p

With this I had half a can of diet cream soda because Pepsi makes diet creme soda, diet grape soda, and diet orange crush with SPLENDA!!! YAY!

Pegsi 08-21-2010 11:41 PM

Un'Potatoe' Pancakes

1 cup grated zucchini
1-2 tbsp. grated onion
1 pkg. IP plain crepes
1/2 pkg. IP fine herb & cheese omlette
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
optional:BIG dash Molly Mcbutter
optional: 1 small egg white
chopped green onion
garlic
pepper

Spray pan with butter flavoured cooking spray or use olive oil cook on med high heat like a pancake.
Yummy with the NEW ketchup:p