3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196008-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-2-a.html)

TaylorMayde 07-15-2010 10:22 AM

A little tip to change up your morning shake

1 chocolate pudding mix
1 cherry pomengranite crystal light--if your coach allows
2 splenda

Tastes like chocolate filled cherries. Yum :)

TaylorMayde 07-15-2010 08:26 PM

Yummy Eggplant

You Need:
1 Medium Eggplant
1 Tomato
1c. Chopped Spinach -fresh or thawed
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Spray cookie sheet with no-stick spray, or line with no-stick foil. Cut eggplant into 1 inch thick slices. Brush tops lightly with olive oil. Top each slice with 1 tbs. chopped spinach, the sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Top with 1 thin tomato slice. Bake for 12 minutes, or until edges or eggplant start to brown.
YUM:D
http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...00715-1824.jpg
Pretty proud cuz I came up with this one on my own. If you know a similar recipe, don't tell me and burst my bubble!!

jordash 07-16-2010 10:49 PM

I added black soy beans (1/2 cup) to the vegetarian chili it was nice and then I only had to have 1 1/2 cups more of the vegetables. I also add some Tabasco sauce and cumin to give it a bit more kick - then top with chopped onions.
I tried the Shirataki Tofu noodles in stir fry - added a nice touch, changed the texture.
Jean

nonnag 07-17-2010 08:14 AM

Skillet Turnips

Turnips (2)
Bell Pepper (1/2 cup)
Celery (1/4 cup
Sea Salt (1 tsp)
Salt Free Seasonings
2 tsp Olive Oil

Peel and dice turnips into small pieces. Put in a skillet with a couple teaspoons of olive oil. Add diced bell pepper and sliced or diced celery. Add sea salt and other seasonings as it starts cooking down. I used Kroger's version of Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb, Original Table Blend, and a little salt free Tony Cachere's. Then I snipped just a little bit of fresh Rosemary into it. This was absolutely delicious! It made enough for two heaping servings for two or two smaller servings for four. I will definitely make it again.

Nonna G

Linden 07-17-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorMayde (Post 3390109)
Yeah, I'd like a peep at that mushroom recipe too. Any veggie recipes cuz I'm really struggling to eat them.

Marinated Mushrooms

This is a versatile recipe. Dry thyme works as well as fresh.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html

Hot: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,161,...241192,00.html

Asian: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1718...250192,00.html

Simple: http://www.euroresidentes.com/eurore...-mushrooms.htm

sillyputty 07-18-2010 04:10 PM

This one is really good...

Cook up a chicken breast as usual and then make the mushroom soup. Pour it on the chicken breast with some fresh mushrooms and what ever veggies you like.. brocolli is great... and then put it in the oven. You can also do the mushroom soup thing like a gravy over a porkchop with some fresh mushrooms.

Linden 07-18-2010 11:44 PM

Mustard eggs

This is a recipe from my (German) daughter-in-law. I'm giving it to you exactly as she makes it because someday you might want to make the authentic dish. But I just made it with cauliflower and double mustard. It was scrumptious. Also good enough for company, and economical.

"This for 4 portions - as you know most of the things taste better once they have been sitting for a day;-)

200 gram potatoes
8 eggs
150 grams low fat milk
2 teaspoons mustard (or more!) - you can try 1 spoon each of 2 different kinds if you like
onion, instant-vegetable stock, salt, pepper, sugar

peel potatoes and the onion, chop both is cubes and boil for 15 minutes in 250 grams of vegetable stock. at the same put the eggs in boiling water and boil them for 8 minutes, than shock and peel. add the milk to the vegetable stock and the potatoes and puree all. than add the mustard to the sauce and add salt, pepper and some sugar. normally one would have boiled salted potatoes to go with that. I like it since the base of the sauce is pureed potatoes rather than roux."

The Prater is a old Berlin institution, restaurant and summer beer garden -- where I first had this dish. http://www.pratergarten.de/e/popups/gaststaette/01.html

jpenne 07-19-2010 09:20 AM

Baked Mushrooms with garlic, rubbed with Olive Oil and Thyme
For All Stages of the Ideal Diet 4 servings
Ingredients: 1/3 cup of fresh thyme, leaves picked from stems
a pinch of dried chili
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
juice of 1 lemon
6 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil
4-8 large flat field mushrooms (such as crimini, Portobello and ****ake)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Pound your thyme, chili and a little of the garlic in a pestle and mortar or shaker. Squeeze in the lemon juice and add the olive oil. With your hand or a brush, rub the mushrooms all over with this mixture. Make sure all the flavored oil is used up. Tightly pack the mushrooms together, bottom side up, in an ovenproof dish or roasting pan, and with a knife make 2-3 slits randomly over each mushroom. Insert a slice of the remaining garlic into each slit. Dot some olive oil over the mushrooms, season and bake for around 15-25 minutes - cooking time depends on the size of the mushrooms. Cook until they are soft, slightly colored and juicy. Taste one to see, continue cooking if need be. You can also use these as a topping to your favorite salad.
Notes:
> I used baby portobellos. I used 6
>Fresh thyme is a pain to strip off all the little leaves, but the taste payoff is worth it. I did not use quite 1/3 cup
>I think I only used 4 Tbsp of olive oil
>I did not put the slice of garlic in slits on the mushrooms.

The next time I try this I am going to slice the mushrooms and pour the oil mixture over it and mix it up instead of the recipe way. It took longer than 20 minutes to cook, so I think slicing the mushrooms will shorten the cooking time.

These are delicious!

ArtistGirl18 07-20-2010 03:10 PM

CHOCOLATE SOUFFLÉ RECIPE:

So I was bored this morning and came up with this tasty treat compatible with phase 1 of the diet :)

Ingredients:
1 IP Chocolate pudding
2 Egg Whites
Vanilla
Splenda
WF Chocolate Syrup
WF Farms Raspberry Jam

Directions: Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing bowl beat two egg whites until stiff. In another bowl, mix chocolate pudding as normal, but with a bit less water. You want the pudding really thick. Beat half to 3/4 of the egg whites and the chocolate pudding together. Take rest of egg whites and add few drops of vanilla. In small, greased cooking pot spread the chocolate mixture. Next, put thin layer of raspberry jam. Finally, add the vanilla egg whites on top. Sprinkle w/ Splenda. Cover pot with tinfoil and bake for 30-40 minutes depending on how deep the pot is. Take off the tinfoil until the top begins to turn golden. You may want to take out the soufflé about halfway thru the cooking and puncture in a few places so that the inside can cook and not be soupy. Note: you may have to vary the cooking time and/or degrees depending on the depth of the cooking dish and thickness of your mixtures. Cooking this longer rather that shorter is better. Take out and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Drizzle some WF choc syrup over top and enjoy! I ate it right out of the pot!

Experiment with this idea! Try adding some strawberry syrup to the top layer of egg whites for color and flavor. Or, use vanilla, strawberry, butterscotch or lemon pudding for an added layer inside! The possibilities are endless.

Golfergirl67 07-20-2010 04:01 PM

Mayo Like Dressing
1 egg
2Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/8 tsp. sea salt, pepper, onion powder, dry mustard and any other seasoning
1-2 cloves garlic
In a blender mix following ingredients well, take top off blender, while still mixing ingredients
drizzle 3/4 cup of olive oil slowly until mixture thickens

I use 1-2 tsp as dressing or dip with veggies....counts as oil for day..Enjoy

dawn5419 07-25-2010 12:43 AM

Honey (or Maple) Mustard Dressing

Just tweaked a version of the Dijon dressing that was found on an IP recipe website. if you like a Honey Mustard type dressing give it a shot

1-1/2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
1 packet Splena or Stevia
1 tbsp White Vinegar
1-1/2 tbsp WF Pancake Syrup
1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
Sea Salt to taste

Hope you like it... It's a little sweet so play w/ the amounts... ** i tried the Dijon Mustard Dressing Recipe w/ the oil & Sugar Free Honey and it didn't mix well and had way too much oil so I made up my own

ArtistGirl18 07-25-2010 05:32 PM

Taboule salad recipe:

(A great and tasty way to get your 2 cups of veggies in!)

This recipe is extremely versatile and you can add or subtract any veggies you happen to like/dislike. I'll just tell you how I make it :)

Ingredients:

5 medium mushrooms
3 small pickles (or 1 large)
1 stalk celery
5 or 6 cherry tomatoes (or 1 large)
1 cucumber
1 teaspoon minced garlic
a few slice of a red onion
chives (or scallions)
fresh basil
sea salt
olive oil
mustard with horseradish
vinegar

dice or chop coarsely all the ingredients and put them in a bowl together. add a tablespoon of the mustard, a dash of vinegar and oil, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy! Note: The mustard is spicy, so less is more. Try it with a little, and add more as you like. I like mine potent, so i put on a good amount!) I also like to add some chopped shrimp or chicken and mix it all in together for a complete lunch. It makes a large portion so there may even be some left over!

jordash 07-25-2010 09:43 PM

I just tried making zucchini hash browns. All the recipes I found called for 2 eggs. Since I didn't want to use my "protein" allowance I used 2 egg whites in stead.
I shredded the zucchini, salted it and let it sit to draw out the water. I then squeezed it out, added garlic and onion powder and pepper. I put some butter seasoning for popcorn (I'd have tried some of the cheese if I'd had any) I sliced up & and added some green onion, then cooked them in a pan with olive oil. I put a heaping serving spoon dollop in the pan and spread it out.

They weren't bad, but not excellent either. I put a bit of WF maple syrup on them and there were better. I'm thinking next time I'll skip the savory spices and use cinnamon and nutmeg with stevia. I'm not sure if the egg white helped or not.
Any of you who have some ideas - I'd appreciate them. It was a nice change from the usual veggies, and zucchini season is on us - so a readily available vegetable. (usually for free)

salesgod 07-27-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyputty (Post 3406580)
anyone making their own soup? thinking of a way to eat more veggies. Chicken with chicken stock?

thanks!

Yeah, I've been making my own soup. Make sure you're using stock or broth, not cubes full of MSG. And try to find a stock/broth without added sugar. I prefer beef broth to chicken or vegetable, though both of those work okay.

This is a great way to get your veggies at lunch and also feel full through the afternoon. 2 cups of broth has about 20 calories, no fat, no carbs, no sugar, and 4g of protein. Sometimes I'll throw in some leftover chicken or beef (about 1 oz., that I can compensate for at dinner), and sometimes it's nice to add some shiritaki noodles.

Check with your coach about using broth.

TaylorMayde 07-29-2010 05:49 PM

MaMaws Chicken 'n' Dumplins

Uncooked Chicken (better if its still on the bone)
1 Can chicken broth
1 pack Crepe mix
Sea Salt & Pepper

cook chicken in crock pot with broth, for about 6 hours (if this doesn't work for you, just use pre-cooked chicken, but it won't be as yummy)
Remove chicken and cut into pieces. Pour broth into pot over high heat, and bring to a boil.
Mix Crepe mix into a thick dough. Add salt and pepper to taste, even if you don't like it, you will need quite a bit. Roll into a few small dough balls, and drop into boiling broth. (if they broth isn't boiling they will come apart.) Stir in cooked chicken, and enjoy.

Seriously seriously feels like a cheat. It is sooo delicious.