Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Just a suggestion for dinner- ClubHouse Seasonings has a set of pre portioned spices that you simply mix with a bit of oil and salt and toss with Chicken and Potatoes -not for us but for the family- we can have the chicken of course! It is called Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes and it is fantastic! Very quick and extremely tasty!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:00 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourishGirl View Post
Hi all:

I'm newer to IP and I HATE pudding. But, I have to have it at the moment for a snack so I mixed it up and put it in the freezer hoping it would be more like ice cream. I still couldn't stand it. So here's my tip:

I cup of hot tea (I like Earl Grey)
Add prepared pudding (vanilla)
dash of splenda and cinnamon

It's like having a Chai tea! Yum!
thanks for posting this! I'm not fond of the pudding either, so I will have to try this for sure, because I LOVE chai tea!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 AM   #453  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
this is a recipe I make at home for fajitas that I eat on IP.

2 tsp Olive Oil
seasoning (Sea Salt & Pepper)
1/2 cup Onion
1 cup Green Pepper (you can mix in Red, Orange & Yellow Peppers if you so choose but remember we can only use them occasionally)
1/2 cup Cucumber sliced
2 tbsp Salsa (optional)
Ice Burg Lettuce

Chop the Peppers into long, thin strips. Cut the onion lengthways and then into slices so you have semicircular shaped slithers.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and lightly fry the Green Pepper and Onion together with seasoning for around 2 minutes on high heat mixing/tossing continuously. Then take off the grill (you do not want to over cook the onion and cause it to carmelize)

Take a leaf of ice burg lettuce to use as a tortilla, add the green pepper and onion mixture with some cucumber and some salsa then wrap and enjoy.

***You can also add if you wish your 5oz of Beef or Chicken or 7oz of Shrimp***
my coach said I can use bell peppers whenever, is this not true? I just started and have been eating them almost daily
Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 AM   #454  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default filipino "adobo" chicken

8 chicken wing drummettes
1 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
3 bay leaves
1/2 tbsp black peppercorns (crushed lightly)
1 1/4 cup Tamari gluten free soy sauce
3 tbsp vegetable oil (I used olive oil, tastes great!)
2 cups Cauliflower "rice" (cooked, accompaniment)
Method
1) In a large kettle combine the chicken, the vinegar, the garlic, the bay leaves, the peppercorns, the soy sauce and 2 cups water, bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer it, covered, for 1 hour
2) Cook your cauliflower, (I like to buy it frozen at the store and microwave it) and put it in a food processor or blender and pulse until it has a rice like consistancy.
3) Put the "rice" in a bowl, add sea salt, and add your cooked chicken on top. Add desired amount of sauce and enjoy!

Last edited by Newpair; 05-27-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Green bell peppers you can eat, but they have to be cooked. Onions can be eaten raw, but not cooked.
The other bellpeppers are not to be consumed on Phase 1, and green ones are only occasional.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #456  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Green bell peppers you can eat, but they have to be cooked. Onions can be eaten raw, but not cooked.
The other bellpeppers are not to be consumed on Phase 1, and green ones are only occasional.
just to clarify, the New "phase 1" sheet has ALL peppers under allowable and it doesn't say on there now if they have to be cooked.

Also this is the recipe link if you have questions please post in the daily chat. Only recipes are suppose to be here.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 301/Ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Default Ginger Garlic Chicken & Shirataki Noodles over Seared Cabbage

Made this today for DH and myself. He loved it, and so did I. He wanted me to write the recipe down so we remember how to make it. Here it is:

Ginger Garlic Chicken & Shirataki Noodles over Seared Cabbage

Serves 2
  • 2 medium sized chicken breasts – still lightly frozen – sliced thinly (almost shaved)
  • 2 cloves garlic - pressed
  • 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
  • 2 TBS freshly chopped shallots - (my coach said ok if NOT carmelized)
  • 2 TBS high-heat cooking oil (for stirfying)
  • ¼ C Tamari or Soy Sauce
  • ½ tsp stevia - or 2 TBS granulated Splenda
  • ½ tsp dark roasted sesame oil (my coach said small amounts are ok)
  • 3 Cups Cabbage – sliced into thin, long strips
  • 1 bag Shirataki Noodles
  • 2T chopped green onions (optional but delicious)

1 medium and 1 large frying pan (or wok)

Prepare Shirataki Noodles – rinse well for 2-3 minutes under cold water. Place in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then remove and rinse with cold water again. Spread out on a plate and blot with paper towels until dry. (If you prefer a dryer noodle, you can toss them in a lightly oiled hot pan for another few minutes). – Set Aside.

In a medium sized frying pan – add soy sauce and heat over low heat. Add noodles & coat thoroughly.

In the large sized frying pan or wok, heat 1T cooking oil until quite hot. Add chicken, along with shallots, ginger and garlic. Sautee until just done – don’t overcook. Add chicken to noodles mixture in 2nd pan, along with sesame oil - and mix thoroughly (so all the flavors absorb into the noodles). Keep warm over Low heat.

In the large pan, add ½ of remaining cooking oil and heat on “High” spreading oil thoroughly across pan surface until very hot. Place ½ of cabbage into the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. Allow to sear till just starting to brown, then toss until just beginning to wilt. Then place cabbage on a serving plate. Repeat with 2nd half of cabbage, and place on 2nd plate.

Serve immediately by topping the seared beds of cabbage with the chicken noodles mixture. Finish with a sprinkling of chopped green onions, as desired.

Time is of the essence when making this dish - Get organized, cook quickly & serve immediately, as this dish tends to cool rapidly and it’s much better tasting when it’s hot.

Last edited by SKeeter1; 05-28-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #458  

Found a product that I LOVE. From HSN
(Home Shopping Network www.hsn.com) It is called "Me Shell"; it is a silicone microwave steamer. Now I can go ANY WHERE, office, Friend's home, and have steamed veggies in 3-5 minutes in the microwave.
Check it out.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Default Soy Patty Hash

Soy patty mix
Worcestershire sauce
Ms. Dash garlic and herb
Dried Onion
Salt and Pepper
1/2 to 1 c. pre-cooked diced turnips
1/4 c. red, orange or green bell pepper
Grape Seed Oil

Mix soy patty thru salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Add enough water till consistancy of cake batter. Let sit while you cook the remaining ingredients. In a small non-stick fry pan add 1/2 tsp of oil. Add your turnips and bell peper. Cook until warmed and peppers are soft. Pour turnip mixture into bowl with soy patty and mix together. Add a little more oil to pan and pour turnip mixture into pan. With the back of a metal table spoon push out mixture into a big patty..not to thin. Cook until lightly brown then flip to brown other side.

I think this very gook and it's nice to have something hot for lunch.

Last edited by CarrieA; 05-30-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #460  
IP Started 10 May 2011

S/C/G: 150/132/95

Height: 5'

Default Chicken Vindaloo-ish

Phase 1 friendly! Last night's dinner, a take on Chicken Vindaloo with some modifications to meet my pantry's ingredients. It's a new favorite!!

1 stalk chopped leeks(green and white parts)
1 medium tomato chopped
2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 large garlic cloves
1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon tomato paste
3 teaspoons madras curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 habenero chili
1 whole serrano chili
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro

1 teaspoon EVOO
2 5 oz. chicken breasts, cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/2 pounds yellow turnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups low-salt chicken broth or water

Preparation

Blend first 14 ingredients in processor until paste forms. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add paste from processor and cook until golden, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and turnips; sauté 5 minutes. Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until turnips are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Uncover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Season with more cayenne, if desired, and sea salt and pepper.

Last edited by Tab McButterson; 05-31-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #461  

OK I was totally craving a tuna sandwich today so I thought I would share:

Tuna Pita Wedges

1 packet ip plain crepe packet
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder.
40 ml water

Mix together and pour into a sprayed 9" pie plate. Bake at 350 for 15 min.
Cut into wedges and place aside to cool.

Topping:
1/4 can solid white tuna
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1 tablespoon WF mayo
Sea Salt
Pepper
Cayenne Pepper or hot sauce (optional)

Mix together and top on "pita" wedges.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #462  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Italian Wedding Soup

By Giadia Di Laurenti. I added comments to make it IP at the bottom. I will try it as soon as I finish the mountain of veggies adn meats in my fridge

ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
Ingredients

Meatballs:

1 small onion, grated
1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 large egg
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 slice fresh white bread, crust trimmed, bread torn into small pieces
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
8 ounces ground beef
8 ounces ground pork
Freshly ground black pepper

Soup:

12 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 pound curly endive, coarsely chopped (1 pound of escarole would be a good substitution)
2 large eggs
2 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra for garnish
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

To make the meatballs: Stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons for each, shape the meat mixture into 1-inch-diameter meatballs. Place on a baking sheet.

To make the soup: Bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and curly endive and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through and the curly endive is tender, about 8 minutes. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a medium bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg, about 1 minute. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.

Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. Finish soup with parmesan cheese if desired.

For IP - eliminate the bread, use low fat meat (I make meatballs even with chicken breast) and you can probably eliminate the cheese and still taste yummy. People substitute the endives for spinach or escarole with superb results.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Gazpacho Granada

Here is a very plan-friendly recipe that I got from my Mom. It's great way to use fresh, homegrown vegetables if you're lucky enough to have them.

1 clove garlic, mashed
1 green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
2 cucumbers, peeled, seede & chopped
8 ripe tomatoes, peeled (you can use small ones, if you don't want to peel)
1/2-1 onion, peeled & chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
9 tbsp. white or champagne vinegar
juice of 1-2 limes

Put everything in the blender and puree to desired level of smoothness. Chill and serve.

Enjoy!

Karen
Old 06-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

MARINATED VEGGIE SALAD

3 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
2 Cups Assorted Peppers
4 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium zucchini, sliced
Sliced Raw Red onion
DRESSING:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 small pkg stevia
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
Directions
In a large salad bowl, combine veggies. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.

I love love this !!! Play around with the veggies, adding more or less of whatever you have on hand
Old 06-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

Default IP Meatballs - Recipe Request

IP Meatballs
I1 lb. ground turkey or 3/4 lb beef and 1/4 pound lean pork, or I have comboed all three
2 cloves of garlic, chopped (fresh, not the jar stuff)
1 cup of fresh spinach, chopped
... 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1 cup of fresh crimini mushrooms, chopped
Add a little sea salt and pepper
whites only of one egg
1 package of IP oatmeal

Mix and measure using your kitchen scale for meatballs.
Bake at 350 for 30-35minutes.
Closed Thread