Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #91  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Has anyone gotten any feedback from their IP reps/coaches about substituting egg whites for the omelet or substituting the EAS Advanced Carb Control drink for the RTG drinks?

You might check out the alternate IP forum. I am sure most coaches would not suggest substituting anything as they are selling IP but if you look on the other forum you will see that most of our weight-loss has not slowed. I am substituting IP shakes for Lindora and EAS Edge and lost 6.6 lbs this week. It may just depend on how your body reacts to it...
Old 03-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #92  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
Ahhhh. . . I know it has been posted many times before, but would someone be kind enough to tell me, in very simple baby steps, how to get my weight tracker to appear on the bottom of each post? I seriously can't figure it out. Ugggh.
Click on "User CP" located in the upper left hand area of this page. Then click on "Edit Signature" and follow the steps from there.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:24 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Lets see if my signature works.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Ahhhh. . . I know it has been posted many times before, but would someone be kind enough to tell me, in very simple baby steps, how to get my weight tracker to appear on the bottom of each post? I seriously can't figure it out. Ugggh.
newsiemom when you complete your signature copy the url info from the first box, then go back to edit signature box then paste info there and click save signature.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 174.2/163.6/143??

Height: 5'7"

Started IP on February 13th and just found this site! Awesome! First week down 6.4 pounds, second week, down 4.2. Can't wait to see where the third week will go. I must admit, I have never been a big fan of any "diet" that tells you to restrict your activity level, but this really makes sense to me, and I am glad it still works considering I am having knee surgery in three weeks and my activity will cease altogether for a few weeks!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
You are probably doing it correctly, you just have to be a member for a certain period of time and have XX number of posts before it will show up.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Speaking of Pam, is there any reason we shouldn't spray it directly onto food?
Nope no reason, spray away Birman!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #98  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

I am exercising while on IP. I was working out before I started the diet. At first I continued my regular workouts but found I was getting headaches alot. I have cut back to 3 times a week and much easier workouts. I have added an extra packet a few times and that really helps. I also add extra water and salt. My coach wants me to eat a bar on the days I work out if I don't eat an extra packet. As I lose weight, it seems to help tone my body. I feel much better when I go to the gym. It has helped everything be more regular.

Last edited by Eastcoastmama; 03-02-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #99  
1/5/11

Well everyone, I have had an unexpected "travel" week come up... I seriously considered going off the diet for the week but decided my only reasoning for this was pure laziness so I packed up a cooler and headed out. I had an omelet for dinner with mushrooms in it and ate what looked to be the equivalent of 2 eggs. I also ordered a side of broccoli (thumbs up) Had a rough time last week and my home scale was messing with my head so I went in to my clinic and got weighed Friday. I was at 151.2. Went back in yesterday morning and I weighed in at 146.6. 4 lbs over the weekend! Congrats to everyone else losing this week
Old 03-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Well everyone, I have had an unexpected "travel" week come up... I seriously considered going off the diet for the week but decided my only reasoning for this was pure laziness so I packed up a cooler and headed out. I had an omelet for dinner with mushrooms in it and ate what looked to be the equivalent of 2 eggs. I also ordered a side of broccoli (thumbs up) Had a rough time last week and my home scale was messing with my head so I went in to my clinic and got weighed Friday. I was at 151.2. Went back in yesterday morning and I weighed in at 146.6. 4 lbs over the weekend! Congrats to everyone else losing this week
That scale hopping will get you everytime. Congats on your loss Rachel!!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #101  
1/5/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
That scale hopping will get you everytime. Congats on your loss Rachel!!
Every time I read "scale hoping" on here, it makes me think of "bar hoping" and makes me laugh. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
Yes, definately get yourself checked. Be careful about being in the range - it is a huge range. Are you taking iodine?

Also, stay away from the soy products because soy blocks thyroid medication. Almost everything in the grocery store and diet products contain soy. I can't have the IP entrees or the soy snacks.
Hi, Chelle, I found a really good article about thyroid function written by an OB/GYN NP (nurse practitioner). It says if your body contains adequate iodine, you don't have to avoid soy. It says to have your iodine and selenium levels checked when you have your thyroid checked. Anyway, I would recommend this article to any of you who might have thyroid conditions. http://www.womentowomen.com/hypothyr...oidhealth.aspx
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi, newsiemom, I'll give you baby steps. Go up to the purple bar and click on "quick links." Then click on "signature weight tracker." Fill out the correct weights and go to next step. Follow steps until you see the different codes. Copy the code for the 3fatchicks forum. Then go back until you see the purple bar at the top again. Click on "user CP." Click on "edit signature." Paste the forum code in the block entitled "your signature." Arrow down and click on "save signature." Hope this helps. Bev
Old 03-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

newsiemom, regardless of what you do unless you've posted 25 times and waited 20 days, the signature will not work. If you have met both these requirements and it's still not working....make sure that you SAVE at the bottom of the edit signature and sig weight tracker....I kept forgetting to do this and it wouldn't change my weight.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #105  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
I started on Armour and went up from 30 gradually to 115, but an endocrinologist backed me off to 90. Then a 2nd Endo I saw switched me to 50 Synthroid and doesn't want to see me for a year. My internist is really working hard to straighten me out.

You did a lot better than I did, I lost 12 in 21 days. I'm still happy, and happy for you. Can't tell how much fat, but I use to go to a place that had the scale your talking about.
I will be watching how you are doing because we are close in start date and pounds to lose and the hypothyroidism. I had to have blood drawn this morning so asked them to do TSH just to see what it's doing with 16 pounds lost. Good luck to you-- hope you like this diet as much as I do.
Closed Thread