Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #1  

Default IP - Food Altnerative Ideas & Tips

Hi all,

In an effort to diffuse the "to eat or not to eat IP food" debate that seems to be going on, I thought I would start a new thread for people to ask questions, post food comparisons and chat about alternative foods & supplements they have found.

I think the forums are becoming very divided and there is (for some reason) a sense of hostility among those who eat purely IP foods and those who don't. So I propose this: Lets keep the IP Chat forums for encouragement, weight posting, general IP questions etc and lets leave the food talk out of it.

After all we're all here for a common goal - to get healthy using the "ideal protein" methodology.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #2  

Default Lindora Product Comparisons

Here is a list of Lindora Products for your comparison
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lindora bars & snacks.pdf (99.9 KB, 2764 views)
File Type: pdf Lindora beverages puddings.pdf (116.2 KB, 1311 views)
File Type: pdf Lindora Hot & Hearty.pdf (89.7 KB, 1065 views)
Old 02-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #3  

Default Matol Products

Here's a list of Matol Products for your comparison
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Matol.pdf (584.8 KB, 1410 views)
File Type: pdf Matol1.pdf (802.5 KB, 546 views)
File Type: pdf Matol2.pdf (734.8 KB, 445 views)
Old 02-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #4  

Default New Lifestyle Diet Products

Here are some New Lifestyle Diet products for your comparison
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NewLifeStyleDiet.pdf (134.4 KB, 1745 views)
Old 02-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #5  

Default IP Produts

Here are the IP ingredients and nutritional data for your comparison. Reminder that sometimes the nutritional values might be similar but there may be ingredients in other products that could throw your body out of ketosis.

*and thanks to Ogdog who originally took the time to compile all the data I've attached for everyone
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Ingredients.pdf (503.1 KB, 4367 views)
File Type: pdf Nutritional Fact Sheet.pdf (16.6 KB, 3624 views)
Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #6  

Oh and for Canadians apparently you can order from www.newlifestylediet.com but not from Lindora.

Someone on one of the forums also mentioned there is a Presidents Choice Whey Protein Isolate that is comparable to IP (sold at Superstore & all it's derivatives)
Old 02-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Holy organized jordanna. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/196/140

Height: 5'4"

I would like to add...

EAS Advantage Edge Carb control ready to drink Shake (choc, vanilla, strawberry, choc fudge). Same protein source as IP's RTD shakes, 1 or 2 g sugar, less carbs, more protein,(from their site) " AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes have 17 grams of high-quality protein, and are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Drink an AdvantEDGE Carb Control Shake as a snack or beverage option."

Walmart has them 4/$5.

I have made 1/2 cup decaf coffee, warmed up the shake van or choc(low in microwave or low on the stove) and mixed together for a 'cappacino' like very filling drink!
Great for the mornings I am on the run (esp Sunday with church). Also a nice drink to warm up for those cold winter evenings!
Old 02-28-2010, 02:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 208.4/195.8/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannb View Post
I would like to add...

EAS Advantage Edge Carb control ready to drink Shake (choc, vanilla, strawberry, choc fudge). Same protein source as IP's RTD shakes, 1 or 2 g sugar, less carbs, more protein,(from their site) " AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes have 17 grams of high-quality protein, and are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Drink an AdvantEDGE Carb Control Shake as a snack or beverage option."

Walmart has them 4/$5.
I like these! I used them on week one along with the IP shakes and I lost 8 lbs.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

smileyva did you replace the IP shakes with the EAS shakes or did you add them to you daily intake?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: **232.75*/*220*/*175**

Height: 5'8''

I'm not able to view the documents for the comparison and I need to make this program cheaper.. can anyone tell me if you got alternate products which company u decided to go with that best compares to IP. I have been trying for several days to find out why I can't load this documents and I'm unsuccessful. : (
Old 03-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 208.4/195.8/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
smileyva did you replace the IP shakes with the EAS shakes or did you add them to you daily intake?
I replaced them with EAS. I couldn't stand the soup and the pudding and the jello that I bought and I ran out of IP stuff. I have now pretty much decided to switch to the EAS drinks instead of the IP stuff...much less money and I am still losing weight.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogsrock View Post
I'm not able to view the documents for the comparison and I need to make this program cheaper.. can anyone tell me if you got alternate products which company u decided to go with that best compares to IP. I have been trying for several days to find out why I can't load this documents and I'm unsuccessful. : (
I can't load the docs either. I have to chose SAVE and save them to my hd. Try that.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #14  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Default confused

okay so forgive me guys but i am just catching up to speed- let me try to re- cap and tell me if i have this information correct... there are several diets out there that are VERY similar to IP and you all are try other products from them? or concidering it? well have you? has it worked? it would certainly increase the variety. I would more than love to replace the shakes with a cheaper substitute (BELIEVE ME- my bank account is starving too!) but there are important amino acids in our shakes that aren't in EAS and I'm in Muay Thai and training for MMA so I'm obsessed with keeping my muscle mass- am i right or dead wrong? jordanna? you seem to be the whiz in all of this.... OH ALSO- at GNC my mom got a protein isolate that is so pure that is dissolves clearly into WATER i checked the back of the label and it seems comparable to IP but im always paranoid- its called ISOPURE- but its NOT CHEAP- but i already have it and if i can use it i want to and it has 50 GRAMS OF PROTEIN in a serving!!! and 1 gram of fat so technically i could split thaqt up into way more servings couldn't i? have you seen the iso pure product-- its cool but is it compatible- i really think it is
Old 03-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #15  
Started IP 3/11/2010

S/C/G: 180/130/125

Height: 5'2"

ISOPure looks really good and if you buy online it doesn't look that expensive.

Their Zero Carb Powders have~
210 Calories
0g Total Carbs
50g Protein

Each 3lb canister has 21 servings. But based on that nutritional profile you'd only need 1/2 a serving to adequately replace IP. I'm seeing these at the Vitamin Shoppe website for ~$35/canister (or $0.83/"meal"). It looks like they also sell it in larger containers.

Do you have the Zero Carb or Low Carb one? Or a different one? Let us know how it tastes!
Closed Thread