Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #106  

I have been out of commission due to being really sick for the last week but stuck to IP .. how? I dunno :P

Anyway an FYI on alternative products, I ordered NewLifeStyle products thinking they would be a good alternative (they have an introductory 'kit' for $29.95) and when I received the products I discovered one of the ingredients is fructose!! Highly disappointed. So that was a total waste of $

Today is my 3rd weigh-in and I'm kind of anxious to see how many pounds I've lost this time.

Also, excited because my boyfriend has started dieting (not IP he thinks its too restrictive) and has lost 16 lbs in 2 weeks! He's on Atkins and sticking to it. Very proud of him!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #107  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
BTW, does anyone have any idea what to tell my coach now that I'm using EAS AdvantEdge shakes in place of the IP drinks for breakfast?

Level with the coach and say I'm concerned with the cost?

If I got all of my protein from the EAS shakes, I'd be spending $25/wk. instead of $85...
That is what I chose to do about a month ago. I no longer go to the coaching office to get weighed or measured. I weigh once a week with a few others that are using the EAS Carb Control drinks and we use a WII Fit. It gives us our BMI and alot of other information. I was paying $81. a week and now I am buying the EAS for $21. per week. It seems to be working the same. I actually have an easier time of it because I don't have to decide what protein bar to eat for snack. I always wanted more. This way I just get a carton of EAS shake out of the fridge and I am great.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #108  
Kimmon

S/C/G: 146/136/125

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
Has anyone had any luck with the Syntrax Nectar products?
I LOVE the Cappuccino flavor!!! NO CARBS!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:38 AM   #109  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmon View Post
I LOVE the Cappuccino flavor!!! NO CARBS!!!
I bought the Twisted Cherry (couldn't resist the name) as a back up for when the postal service didn't deliver my IP packets. It's absolutely delicious. But it doesn't have the same amino acids as IP. But no carbs is seductive.

Last edited by Linden; 08-13-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:56 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Does anyone use the berry creme and strawberry creme lindora products? It lists fructose as an ingredient...thoughts? I know others have used them sucessfully.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Does anyone use the berry creme and strawberry creme lindora products? It lists fructose as an ingredient...thoughts? I know others have used them sucessfully.
I used both of those products while I was in Phase 1 and Phase 2 successfully. I may be wrong, but it was my understanding that all carbs turn to sugar in our bodies, so I just counted the net carbs and didn't worry about the type of carbs.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

I'm wondering about sugar alternatives, since my coach isn't giving Splenda the okay. She suggests Zylitol, which is great except for the 5g carbs/tsp.

Has anyone tried any of the chicory root based sweeteners? I was looking at the Low Carb Grocery website last night, and they have two available: "Sweet Perfection" and "Just Like Sugar" which have 3 cals and 3g carb/tsp.

Jackie
Old 08-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Hi, Jackie. My coach gave me a choice of two, Stevia in the Raw or Truvia, both are good. I haven't tried the two you mentioned. Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Hi All,

I'm wondering about sugar alternatives, since my coach isn't giving Splenda the okay. She suggests Zylitol, which is great except for the 5g carbs/tsp.

Has anyone tried any of the chicory root based sweeteners? I was looking at the Low Carb Grocery website last night, and they have two available: "Sweet Perfection" and "Just Like Sugar" which have 3 cals and 3g carb/tsp.

Jackie
I have used splenda the entire time I have been on the alternate IP plan, and it
does not seem to cause a problem. No aspertame!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #115  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Hi All,

Jackie

It bugs me that different coaches "allow" different sweetners! I was told Splenda or Truvia was fine... no limit on the Splenda. How do you think they end up with different information on something that should be important to know?!!

Good luck! (and I haven't had any issue with Splenda, either... I use no more than 3 packets in a day typically. I have a co-worker who lost 105 lbs on this last year, and every cup of coffee she had she used 5 packets of Splenda. Didn't stop her from losing at all!)
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #116  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I use stevia
Old 08-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried stevia several times and haven't liked it, but perhaps stevia in the raw or truvia will not have the aftertaste that the processed stuff does.
Jackie
Old 08-15-2010, 11:13 PM   #118  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

I did a taste test and xylitol is way better than stevia to me (and xylitol is what is in the gum that is approved for IP).

It is 5 c/tsp, but it's also sweeter than sugar, so you don't need as much. However, I may not be a good comparison as I find the IP packets so sweet I cannot imagine adding any more sweetener to anything, so I've used less than 1/4 c of sweetener total in my 4 mos. on plan. But aren't splenda and the "K" are in all the IP products, so seems they must be ok?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #119  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
It bugs me that different coaches "allow" different sweetners! I was told Splenda or Truvia was fine... no limit on the Splenda. How do you think they end up with different information on something that should be important to know?!!
Some of the confusion may come from what is acceptable in other countries - we are cross sharing advice from coaches in both Canada and USA and maybe there are slight difference in the companies because of that.

I also think you get into coaching bias. Some coaches are medical personnel and others are beauty shop owners, and many fall in the space between. Some may prefer to go as natural as possible because we get so much sweetener each day in our packets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I did a taste test and xylitol is way better than stevia to me (and xylitol is what is in the gum that is approved for IP).

But aren't splenda and the "K" are in all the IP products, so seems they must be ok?

Sucralose (splenda) and K are in almost all IP products. IP uses sucralose, K, rice syrup, agave, and a few other sources of sweeteners. I assume it is all ok in small portion or moderation.

I use stevia most of the time. I occasionally end up out of it and have used splenda or eaten something made with sucralose.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hi All,

Jackie
Hi, Jackie, Even though it shows 5 carbs, it's a sugar alcohol that probably doesn't need to be counted in your daily net carbs. It has a very low glycemic value. Read about it on Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylitol.

Bev
Closed Thread