Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #496  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KymCovHer View Post
I, too, bought coupons off eBay for BOGO Pure Protein bars. AND right now, Walgreens has them on sale for .99 each. That's even cheaper than WallyMart. Time to stock up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KymCovHer View Post
Is it OK to use extracts to add flavor ... A few drops? I added coconut extract to my vanilla shake packet this AM and it was fab!
As long as it's "zero everything" you can use it!
I have read several recipes with flavorings added. It doesn't take much either.....just a drop or two. What a treat for taste buds!
Old 03-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #497  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

I noticed that the Lindora cheesecake has several grams of sugar listed. Would that be a problem? I'm not sure if there is a specific number of grams of sugar we are allowed. Any ideas?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #498  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibelli View Post
I noticed that the Lindora cheesecake has several grams of sugar listed. Would that be a problem? I'm not sure if there is a specific number of grams of sugar we are allowed. Any ideas?
If there's sugar, there's carbs, and carbs are a no-no!! At least, on phase 1. I can't even have chewing gum, which has less than 1g Carb in it!!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #499  

breakfast ideas, anyone? I will soon be out of IP foods, but need to continue on my weight loss journey. I am in phase one. ANY help is welcome and appreciated!!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellibelli View Post
if you haven't bought this yet, i think it's kinda weirdish in texture. i am using my last packs mixed in my coffee or chai tea. it's probably better as a shake than as a cheesecake. but that's just my taste buds. not even my taste buds, tastes good actually,it is just kinda slimy or goopy. lol

alternative breakfast for me is just about anything. of course i don't eat until later, but i always have protein powder in my coffee instead of creamer. chocolate, vanilla, cappachino flavors. when i'm ready to eat, it's all good! maybe leftover chicken and veggies, meat casserole of whatever sort, lunch meat roll ups, tuna salad, egg salad, boiled egg. my best prep is portioning out whatever i made the day before and cut veggies into my 2 cup pyrex bowl then i just grab one out of the fridge. always ready, and always legal.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #501  
Ladyjane

S/C/G: 138/132/120

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies I just wanted to add that I also use the EAS drinks and am still losing- its nice to switch it up and makes all the packets last longer!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #502  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlsab1 View Post
breakfast ideas, anyone? I will soon be out of IP foods, but need to continue on my weight loss journey. I am in phase one. ANY help is welcome and appreciated!!
Hi!
I usually have a Whey Protein Isolate shake for breakfast. On the odd day, I will have oatmeal, but I use ProtiLife oatmeal. It is a little less expensive than IP and pretty much the same thing.

I've been doing IP since late January, have been losing successfully, unless I trip & cheat (which I'm not proud of, but have done).
I do IP with a mix of both IP products and similar but "alternative" products. Mostly Whey Iso Protein Powders. I've also tried a few very low carb-high protein bars which I really enjoyed and cost less than IP bars. I am very vigilant about reading labels & ingredients, so it's all good. I always compare "what's out there" to IP nutition labels. Time actually can get away from me while in a Natural/Health store, reading and comparing labels of all of their protein products
Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #503  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

I use EAS protein shakes, Pure Protein bars, and Proti Diet foods as replacements for IP.
I have lost 13 pounds in two weeks using all alternative products.
I just read labels to try to stay within the range of the IP foods.
Closed Thread