Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMOMO View Post
Jordanna,
You seem to be good at answering questions. I am on IP but since yesterday but I am not using the IP products...I have a chocolate soya pudding in the morning that I make (WHEY chocalte protein, spenda and soft tofu, no carbs) and 2 pieces of cheese (no carbs). For lunch I have a salad with chicken, 1 cup of cucumber and 1 cup of celery and for dinner some canned tuna with brocoli and turnip...I drink over 2 liters of water a day with some crystal clear and 2 slim down bars that has 15 gramms of carb (1 gr of sugar). Can anybody tell me if I am doing OK? I also have about 650mg of potassium and my calcium and magnesium....Thank you in advance for the answer.. And also I wanted to specify we cannot get the lintora of new lifestyle products deliver here in Canada....
SlimDown bars are a great alternative to IP products, and much cheaper. They're quasi-exactly the same thing. The only problem is that they are 15 grams of carbs each, so when you take two, you're taking 30 grams of carbs. I'm buying my Slimdown bars from WaltMart. You probably have the EAS shake also at walmart, that we'll be a good alternative from the bars.

If you add the:
30 carbs from the 2 bars
5.8 carbs of 1 cup of brocoli
8.4 carbs of 1 cup of turnip
2.6 carbs of 1 cup of cucumber
3.6 carbs of 1 cup of celery

You're getting about 50 grams of carbs a day wich is a lot.. I suggest that you use someting like a shake with about 2-5 grams of carbs, in place of 1 of the 2 bars, and If you're okay with that, maybe 2 shake someday..

50 grams of carbs is one of Jordanna highest day of carb, and she's able to maintain herself between 20-30 carbs I think..

If you want to order some Lindora products, you can order them from here : International Drugstore the shipping is 9.99$ for us canadian.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
SlimDown bars are a great alternative to IP products, and much cheaper. They're quasi-exactly the same thing. The only problem is that they are 15 grams of carbs each, so when you take two, you're taking 30 grams of carbs. I'm buying my Slimdown bars from WaltMart. You probably have the EAS shake also at walmart, that we'll be a good alternative from the bars.

If you add the:
30 carbs from the 2 bars
5.8 carbs of 1 cup of brocoli
8.4 carbs of 1 cup of turnip
2.6 carbs of 1 cup of cucumber
3.6 carbs of 1 cup of celery

You're getting about 50 grams of carbs a day wich is a lot.. I suggest that you use someting like a shake with about 2-5 grams of carbs, in place of 1 of the 2 bars, and If you're okay with that, maybe 2 shake someday..

50 grams of carbs is one of Jordanna highest day of carb, and she's able to maintain herself between 20-30 carbs I think..

If you want to order some Lindora products, you can order them from here : International Drugstore the shipping is 9.99$ for us canadian.

WOW thank you so much for the info! have a question for you. I am training for a half marathon so do you think I should get a bit more carbs that usual on the IP diet?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #33  

Quote:
WOW thank you so much for the info! have a question for you. I am training for a half marathon so do you think I should get a bit more carbs that usual on the IP diet?
Well, I'm not the pro here on IP and exercise, maybe you should ask Kate, but I do think you need more energy, but maybe not more carbs.. I'm really not sure... Go ask the question in the weekly thread for IP, you'll have more information there
Old 06-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Hi
For the lady that says she subs all her supplements with the EAS protein shakes , are you still seeing good results from that? Also I was wondering if anyone else is following the plan without using their protein supplements and having success with it. I want to do this but cannot afford all their supplements so I was thinking of using Pure Protein bars and EAS shakes.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Good morning,
The bars I am using is 15 gr of carbs // 1gr of sugar and 150 calories. I must say I am training for a half marathon so I run about 10km in the morning every 2 days...I know it is a little more than it should be but I need abit of energy to run ...
WOW! That is a lot of running! I go to a personal trainer a few times a week and he has told me on the days I work out, he wants me to have some fruit to get good carbs for the workout. I have done this, so am getting more carbs on those days. I know I have read before if you work out you may want to eat an extra packet a day, so this would make sense for you to have the extra. Again, I am not an expert, not as much as a researcher as some others, but I have lost 32 pounds since Feb and am very happy with the rate of loss. I have never had a week I did not loose something, even if only 2 ounces, so I am going to keep on doing what I have been, plus I so love the fruit. I eat about four to five small chunks of pineapple. You must be a very dedicated person to be doing this and running all that distance. Hey, you ought to talk to Sassykimman on the weekly thread, she is also a marathon runner!! What ever you decide is best for YOU, I hope you do well. Remember, all of us on this plan are doing different things, have different levels of activity, lead different lifestyles in general and no two people are going to do the exact same thing and get the exact same results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
Hi
For the lady that says she subs all her supplements with the EAS protein shakes , are you still seeing good results from that? Also I was wondering if anyone else is following the plan without using their protein supplements and having success with it. I want to do this but cannot afford all their supplements so I was thinking of using Pure Protein bars and EAS shakes.
Like I mentioned above, I have lost 32 since Feb and am very happy with that rate. I started at 261 and am down to 229. I like it!!

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 06-02-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Quote:
Hi

I am also seeing good results without using the IP products. they do have some things that are good and I can't find anywhere else (jello, vinegar/salt chips) but I just do without. I am seeing a loss of about 1-2 pounds per week which is working for me.
good luck
Old 06-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #37  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Default Need alternative choices to IP products

[QUOTE=I am also seeing good results without using the IP products. they do have some things that are good and I can't find anywhere else (jello, vinegar/salt chips) but I just do without. I am seeing a loss of about 1-2 pounds per week which is working for me.
good luck [/QUOTE]

Hey Proudmommy,
I am on alternative IP as well but besides the shakes and a couple of things from Lindora, have not seen anything that low on carbs. I especially have had a hard time finding bars. What do you use? Any one has any good suggestions?
Old 06-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

Hi, I'm new to IP - day 3. I appreciate the recipes - I used the Spinach Frittata and it was good. I need more ways to incorporate the "foods" for lunches at work so I'm not just drinking shakes and eating vegetables. Ideas like the frittata. I was wondering what WF sands for in recipes I've read.
Thanks!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:50 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 176.4/154.2/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
Hi, I'm new to IP - day 3. I appreciate the recipes - I used the Spinach Frittata and it was good. I need more ways to incorporate the "foods" for lunches at work so I'm not just drinking shakes and eating vegetables. Ideas like the frittata. I was wondering what WF sands for in recipes I've read.
Thanks!
WF= Walden Farms. 0 carbs, 0 everything (I think)
Old 06-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Hey Proudmommy,
I am on alternative IP as well but besides the shakes and a couple of things from Lindora, have not seen anything that low on carbs. I especially have had a hard time finding bars. What do you use? Any one has any good suggestions?
I use the Pure Protein bars. They are around 15 g carbs. I do not use one every day. The bars are a restricted item (meaning you should not use them each day) and I have them when I am in a hurry and don't have time for a meal or shake. I think eating the lettuce and veggies every day is very important.

I am down 19 pounds today It is thanks to this board and all the wonderful tips we share with each other

have a great day!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Hey Proudmommy,

If you get a chance check out diet direct they have the vanilla and chocolate pudding supplements and they are about the same as lindora only a little bit cheaper, I just started day 1 today and instead of a protein packet for breakfast i had two eggs.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
I use the Pure Protein bars. They are around 15 g carbs. I do not use one every day. The bars are a restricted item (meaning you should not use them each day) and I have them when I am in a hurry and don't have time for a meal or shake. I think eating the lettuce and veggies every day is very important.

I am down 19 pounds today It is thanks to this board and all the wonderful tips we share with each other

have a great day!

I love the Smores one!! About how many days a week do you use them? 19lbs is a great accomplishment! How long have you been on IP?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #43  

Quote:
I love the Smores one!! About how many days a week do you use them? 19lbs is a great accomplishment! How long have you been on IP?
I have not tried the smores. I like the peanut butter. My son taught me to put it in the microwave for about 10 seconds and that makes it so good. I try to only eat one or two a week. Some days I will just have half of one.

I have been on since April 21st, not quite two months. The inches are what really show the loss for me
Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #44  

Default Still can't find a pudding alternative

Hi Everyone,
I have been lurking for a while but this is my first post. I have looked everywhere on the boards for information about an alternative to the IP puddings. I ordered one type from Lindora and I have looked at the nutrition guidelines for the pudding on DietDirect. Both are higher in carbs and sugar than the IP version. Does anyone have a better alternative or a recipe to make it myself?

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #45  
Dave - The Speedo King

Question "Off" the program

Just a curious question for those who are replacing IP packets with PureProtein, EAS, etc. I've been on IP for about 9 weeks now, and my only objection is the cost b/c the rest of the program works great!

After reading this thread, it looks like I could theoretically replace the IP pre-mixed chocolate drink (my daily breakfast) with the EAS without any major difference. I usually grab an IP bar for my snack, but have looked at the PureProtein bars as an alternative -- more protein with little difference in cals/carbs. This would mean I'd only need 2-3 boxes of IP food every two weeks. That would save a bunch of money!

For those of you who are relying on the lower cost options, are you still being coached, doing regular weigh-ins, etc.? What, if anything, are coaches saying? Or have you simply decided to follow the program without the coaching?

I'm doing the program through my Dr.'s office, and I'm sure I would raise some eyebrows there if I came to weigh-in but didn't buy enough food. What's your experience?
Closed Thread