Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #511  

Default How Do You Measure Your Veggies??

Hello Everyone,

So many people on this forum are friendly and helpful! I find that very encouraging as I venture forth to start the Ideal Protein Program.

I am curious to know how you all are actually measuring your vegetables ...What I mean by this, are you cutting them up and putting them into a measuring cup -OR- do you actually measure the vegetables out on a food scale (8 oz per cup)?

There seems to be quite a difference. I was experimenting with some shredded cabbage. What looked to me like a packed 2 cup measure I then weighed and it was considerably less than 16oz.

I did ask my Doctor about this. It was a little ackward because it didn't seem like she had been ever asked this before and her clinic has been carrying IP for awhile. Anyway, she said to use the scale because it is more accurate. She said by just putting it in a measuring cup doesn't allow for the density.

What are you guys doing? What do your coaches/doctors say on this issue?

I just want to be doing it right.

Thanks!!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #512  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmasMommy View Post
Today was my first day on IP and it was so hard! My cappuccino drink this morning was terrible - it was chunky and gross. Next time I think I'll try making it into an iced drink. The mushroom soup at lunch - YUCK! It was salty and a strange consistency. Thankfully I had broccoli to tide me over until home. Dinner wasn't too bad - Grilled chicken with a little bit of ranch seasoning (the dry mix) and a few pieces of asparagus. I also had some dill pickles as a snack - I was SO happy to see them on the veggie list!

I hope I have better luck with my packet meals for tomorrow. I'm so inspired by you all!
So sorry your food wasn't too great today. I had chunky cappucino once too. The first time I made it, it was good. The second time I think I tried to get it too warm and the protein cooked or something. It was chunky and I could not drink it. I think that is why you are supposed to heat it on a lower heat in the microwave. I think the soup reacts weird too if you heat it too fast. You can always add more water to the soup to thin it down. Try adding some chopped mushrooms to it. I don't care for it but my husband eats it at work every day for lunch.

Here is what I usually have: Breakfast is premade vanilla drink, lunch is salad with chopped radishes, celery, green onions and some zuchinni or red cabbage. I have a pudding, yogurt or sometimes the ridges. I like to put my pudding and yogurt in the freezer for 30-45 minutes so it is colder. Good luck tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #513  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post
Hello Everyone,

So many people on this forum are friendly and helpful! I find that very encouraging as I venture forth to start the Ideal Protein Program.

I am curious to know how you all are actually measuring your vegetables ...What I mean by this, are you cutting them up and putting them into a measuring cup -OR- do you actually measure the vegetables out on a food scale (8 oz per cup)?

There seems to be quite a difference. I was experimenting with some shredded cabbage. What looked to me like a packed 2 cup measure I then weighed and it was considerably less than 16oz.

I did ask my Doctor about this. It was a little ackward because it didn't seem like she had been ever asked this before and her clinic has been carrying IP for awhile. Anyway, she said to use the scale because it is more accurate. She said by just putting it in a measuring cup doesn't allow for the density.

What are you guys doing? What do your coaches/doctors say on this issue?

I just want to be doing it right.

Thanks!!
I have done it both ways. Weighing them seems to give you much more vegetables. Sometimes I just eyeball it and guess. I don't think it has made a difference to my weight loss. If you read Dr. Tran's book, he says eat as much vegetables as you want but his allowed are different. I think you will hear more from some of the others on this.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #514  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Here's a link to the 3rd February Chat...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...ml#post3162093

WOW you ladies ROCK !!

For those who don't know why I am doing this... when the threads get over 500 posts it slows down the boards.... jsyk
Closed Thread