Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #526  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
I don't recommend doing that! I have a large family and the food I need to eat on the program (social meal) is healthy and good for all of them. I do make a few little changes...Stir fry...they get rice, I don't - Burgers..they get buns - Steaks we all get meat & veggies but they get baked potatoes...taco salad...they get crushed chips etc.... It is quite simple to add in a bit extra for the family and still not feel like you are singled out!!!!!

Very important to learn this type of food prep since when you lose all the weight you want, you will still need to make healthy food choices not to put it all back on!!!!!
I do the exact same thing! I told my kids that I wouldn't make a special meal for someone, we would all eat the same thing. I have made stir fry twice this week, (which everyone loves!!) and they have had rice I haven't. If I make chicken and have broccoli I may make them mac and cheese and I'll have a salad instead, but I'm telling you, it takes to long to prepare this food to have to make special accommodations for other members of your family. they need to eat healthy too!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #527  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLMIKE View Post
My wife and I are both on the diet and I wanted to do a special dinner for V-Day. Maybe a Surf and Turf? Any coaches out there how do you sugguest to split up the meat//seafood? should it be just 7oz or 5oz of total?
I LOVE how thoughtful you are to do something sweet for your wife, and are being conscientious about staying true to i.p. I'm just hoping and praying that I don't get candy for valentines, (I don't think my hubby would do that!) and I get another great prize instead!!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #528  

S/C/G: 191.5/170/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Well, tonight is my first real challange...our clients (developmentally disabled adults) are dancing with the stars tonight (local celeberties). It's a big deal, and a big dinner. I'm sure there will be SOMETHING I can eat but it's my first outing since starting the plan so I'm a little aprehensive. Guess we'll see how it goes.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #529  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleydar View Post
Well, tonight is my first real challange...our clients (developmentally disabled adults) are dancing with the stars tonight (local celeberties). It's a big deal, and a big dinner. I'm sure there will be SOMETHING I can eat but it's my first outing since starting the plan so I'm a little aprehensive. Guess we'll see how it goes.
You'll be fine Shelley! Salad, there is always salad. Just remember to use O/V dressing not something laden with sugar/fat!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #530  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmamatobe View Post
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been on IP for two weeks now and have lost 14.4 lbs. I am so excited with how quickly the weight is coming off and so far it has not been to difficult. The hardest part for me is thinking about how long it will be before I can have a piece of cheese, etc. again! I am glad to find these forums and hope I can support and inspire someone along the way. Thanks for all the great tips already!
that is incredible! I'm jealous, I was only down 10# by my second week! Congrats on a great victory!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #531  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
I really don't have the money to spend on new clothes
Torchlaker, do you have a Value Village nearby? They are pre-owned clothes, so they're cheap. And there can be some REALLY good stuff in there. I hate to shop for clothes, but when I go to Value Village, it's fun! It's like a treasure hunt -- seeing what wonderful gems I can find for almost no money.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #532  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Novak and Ogdog, not all veggie burgers are created equal. My experience has been that the better they taste, the worse they are for our diet!

I use Worthington Vegetable steaks and Worthington Choplets. They are basically just wheat gluten and salt. Two Choplets contain 90 calories, 1 gram of fat, 18 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fiber (therefore 2 grams of net carbs.) I sprinkle them with seasoning, then fry them with just the tiniest bit of oil, and they're not bad.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #533  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Novak and Ogdog, not all veggie burgers are created equal. My experience has been that the better they taste, the worse they are for our diet!

I use Worthington Vegetable steaks and Worthington Choplets. They are basically just wheat gluten and salt. Two Choplets contain 90 calories, 1 gram of fat, 18 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of fiber (therefore 2 grams of net carbs.) I sprinkle them with seasoning, then fry them with just the tiniest bit of oil, and they're not bad.
Where are you located Birman? Worthington isn't anything I've ever heard of here in PA.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #534  

S/C/G: 236/224/206/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkles123 View Post
Hey Texas Sweetie
I've been on IP since Thanksgiving. Down 33 lbs. Started at the same weight as you and I am the same height. I tried on some size 12 pants today and they almost fit. 14 are loose. You will be amazed at how soon you start fitting into smaller sizes. This diet burns the inches off and clothes fit way before you think they should with the numbers on the scale. Hope that made sense. I thought I wanted to get down to 160lbs, but I might be happy weighing more since I am feeling much better about my overall size.

The real challenge for me (and maybe some of the other long time IP'ers can explain this to me) is that I am thinking I am almost ok at the weight that I am at now, even though I know I am still obese according to fat %, wight etc. Is this part of the body dysmorphia that some of you spoke about awhile ago? I was up to 300 lbs at one point and never thought I was huge until I saw pictures. So maybe I am needing a reality check again. Something to keep me on track and not want to grab a handful of tortilla chips every day!! Sorry to ramble...I've been watching posts for 2 months and have finally decided to get it out. Thank you

I was the same way I used to think I didn't look that bad, until someone sent a picture they had taken of me in a group and I couldn't believe that was me! I now have that picture with me at all times, and when I think I need to cheat, I look at it. We can do this, it is mind over matter....we have the control over what we put in our mouths.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #535  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Please continue on this thread.... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...ml#post3149300

THANK YOU !!

Leenie
Closed Thread