Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
I need a push to get me going. I finally got all the food I ordered...some from IP, & some from Lindora, but I'm having difficulty getting started. I'm under an extremely tight deadline for work (I own a design company), I've been up until the wee morning hours the last few nights, and starting a new eating plan is really the last thing on my mind. Well, not really. Just the last thing I can find motivation to get going.

I'm not sure it's strictly the job stress right now either. As I write this, I'm trying to be completely honest with myself (and you) and I think some of my hesitation to start is that danged 'ol thing called fear. Fear of failure mostly. Ugh! I need to get these conversations out of my head! Does anyone or has anyone else experienced these self-defeating conversations? How did you shake it?

I can't remember who said this the other day...it's 90% mental and 10% doing it! I'm trying to make that my new Mantra. So far, it's not working. Sorry this has been a mini novel, I just needed to release this frustration with myself and to see if anyone has any advice.

Thanks
I think the bottom line is that you must be mentally ready to start any diet program. I would suggest taking the time to get caught up on your deadlines, then take time for yourself and read/gather information on the Ideal Protein Diet so you understand what you have to do before you start (and get caught up on your sleep!). This will include grocery shopping, washing and chopping veggies so they are ready to grab, and meal planning.
This program really does work, but it is essential to follow the guidelines to have the best results (there is a science to it that really makes sense). You don't want to set yourself up for failure. So get ready, then start losing!!
Good Luck to you!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Ok so I can no longer eat the egg for breakfast, guess I had it too many times because now it just grosses me out. I got the cereal last night and I am trying to digest it as I am writing this, eww. I have to eat something for breakfast, I can't just drink a shake and I don't care for the bars too much. Anybody have any suggestions for the first meal of the day??
Old 02-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraVP View Post
Thank you, Ogdog :] You are always such a great support for everyone on here, and I'm glad that you and other "veteran" IPers haven't all moved to the alternate thread!

Supersweet, yes I have tried reducing the number of packets, working with my coach and moving into the phases earlier than normal. This is an issue I've had for about 17 years (my mother and grandmother had it too!) I am very glad to have been able to do IP long enough to transform my body and my eating. Tomorrow will be my first no packet day, which will be strange after 8 weeks of IP!

One more thing, someone mentioned moods and depression etc., and of course that is an issue for most of us at some point in our lives, especially in the winter months when we are not outside soaking up our vitamin D! I do not know what the IP Omega III supplement has in it, but many such supplements have vitamin D (I'm thinking Twinlab brand cod liver oil) and adding such a supplement may help improve one's mood. I saw one study that showed vitamin D supplementation was more effective than light therapy with folks prone to seasonal affective disorder. 1 T of Twinlab emulsified (and flavored) cod liver oil has 5 g of carbs. I think you could take a teaspoon daily and have good results, though some might need more. As long as you are not cheating in other areas, I don't think the carb additions would hurt, and the extra efas could really help your weightloss, AND it facilitates the absorption of calcium, so it's all good. Just a thought.

Have a great day everyone! :]
I want to second that: everyone should get their vitamin D levels checked. Last year my doctor's nurse practitioner heard some of my symptoms (extreme fatigue, bones aching, constant colds, etc.) and immediately ordered a vitamin D check for me. It was 10, which is seriously low. It should be between 30-35 minimum, preferably about 60. She prescribed 50,000 units per week for 8 weeks. Then had me go on a good vitamin D3 supplement. I am feeling much better now. I've only had one cold (which lasted only a couple of days) since then, and it has been months. One thing I had never heard before is that the darker your skin, the less vitamin D you absorb.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Ok so I can no longer eat the egg for breakfast, guess I had it too many times because now it just grosses me out. I got the cereal last night and I am trying to digest it as I am writing this, eww. I have to eat something for breakfast, I can't just drink a shake and I don't care for the bars too much. Anybody have any suggestions for the first meal of the day??
I had the wildberry yogurt drink a couple of times for breakfast. I used to drink a lot of protein shakes for breakfast. Anyway, I really enjoyed it, and my coach said it was OK to use it for breakfast, but not the other drinks.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

Can you have the Pepperoni Chips while you were in stage 1?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #141  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
I need a push to get me going. I finally got all the food I ordered...some from IP, & some from Lindora, but I'm having difficulty getting started. I'm under an extremely tight deadline for work (I own a design company), I've been up until the wee morning hours the last few nights, and starting a new eating plan is really the last thing on my mind. Well, not really. Just the last thing I can find motivation to get going.

I'm not sure it's strictly the job stress right now either. As I write this, I'm trying to be completely honest with myself (and you) and I think some of my hesitation to start is that danged 'ol thing called fear. Fear of failure mostly. Ugh! I need to get these conversations out of my head! Does anyone or has anyone else experienced these self-defeating conversations? How did you shake it?

I can't remember who said this the other day...it's 90% mental and 10% doing it! I'm trying to make that my new Mantra. So far, it's not working. Sorry this has been a mini novel, I just needed to release this frustration with myself and to see if anyone has any advice.

Thanks
Texas Sweetie, I just want you to know that you are in no way alone! I too was so fearful before starting this plan. Fearful that I would be dumping $ into "another diet" that didn't work, fearful that I wouldn't have the willpower to watch my family continue to eat the food's I love, and probably mostly just fearful of change. Well, the problem with fear is that it's an emotion, and it seems like most of us "eat" to sooth our emotions, and knowing that we are going to have to come up with a different way to push through is scary, at least it was for me!! I think that we all get comfortable in our own skin, whether we are overweight or unhealthy or whatever. I'm not saying that we like the way we look, but for me it was like, "there is NO way I'm ever going to be able to get all this weight off, there is too much and it will take too long!!" I tell you exactly what I did, I prayed hard about this diet, and I am in week two, and still everyday continue to pray about it, because it's not easy! It's getting easier, I mean I can finally watch my kids eat potato chips and not feel like I'm missing out on something great, but the first week was awful for me! I am certainly not trying to discourage you, what I am saying is.. there is never a "good time" to start change, but with persistence, and the right attitude you can do it! I read on this blog before that someone had said they can give up the things they like for a few months, to live the rest of their life enjoying living. So, I will say a prayer for you, and you just need to take a leap of faith and do it!!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #142  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
I have the vanilla shake mixed with cold coffee and ice every morning for breakfast. It tastes like an "iced coffee" from McDonald's and is really good! I look forward to having it everyday! Try this out and let me know what you think!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #143  

Quote:
I find the cereal best when made with ice cold water. I set the water and ice out to chill before I get in the shower and by the time I am ready to make it it is super cold. Also, it helps to let it sit for a bit to soak up some of the liquid. I enjoy the cereal several times a week.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Weighed in yesterday and dropped another 2 lbs! Makes my total for the month of January: 19 lbs!!! Have not been measured since first began the program, but know that my clothes are fitting much looser then ever and I am wearing pants 2 sizes smaller then before! This plan is such a Godsend!

congrats on the loss Mystical!! and pants 2 sizes smaller!!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #145  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I love the cereal ( I don't care for it plain)....I mix in a lot of cinnamom, 1 splenda pack and a splash of my cold Vanilla readymade. Mix with 3.5 oz very cold water.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I had the wildberry yogurt drink a couple of times for breakfast. I used to drink a lot of protein shakes for breakfast. Anyway, I really enjoyed it, and my coach said it was OK to use it for breakfast, but not the other drinks.

Hey Bev how come you can't have the other drinks for breakfast?? All I personally eat is the drinks and puddings so I don't really have a choice but have the drinks for breakfast?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #147  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
Sorry to hear about the weight gain, I know things have been hard for you lately. Even though I'm sure it's a terrible feeling to have "fallen off" the IP wagon, you are clearly a very strong woman; you've endured some very tough times, and I admire your strength and resiliency. And using food for stress clearly isn't ideal, but you've taken back control before the weight gain could really add up. For me, this is VERY inspiring. I'm still early in my weight loss (week 4 weigh-in tomorrow), and my boyfriend and I are already concerned about how to deal with temptations and reverting back to "real eating" when we close in on our goal weights. Even though I know that you more experienced IPers are worried about your bumps in the road affecting those of us who are newer, I appreciate you sharing experiences like this. It puts the diet back in perspective with real life, and it encourages me that if I do mess up or slip up, it's not the end of the world, and others have done so before me and gotten back on the horse. So thank you for continuing to post and share

p.s. I am soooo with you on the cost. Between my boyfriend and I, we're really strapped tight with the cost of this program (though we're still spending less each week on food then we did before -- really sad!). Next week when we get paid, I'm planning on ordering a bunch of the pre-made vanilla shakes on newlifestylediet.com (I'm going for it and ordering $200 worth for the free shipping -- we'll definitely drink them all). They're our favorite, they're exactly the same as the IP ones, and they'll be HALF THE PRICE that we pay at our clinic. Sold.

RE: vanilla pre-made shakes. They are wonderful! Like drinking melted ice cream. I pour it over ice to make it very cold and I sip it with a straw.

Try adding orange extract........tastes like an Orange Julius or Dreamsicle.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
thanks for the warm welcome! I just have to say that my husband and kids went through McDonalds drive through last night and came home and ate right infront of me! I however, baked my fish and radish fries and a big salad. I was pretty proud of myself! My little boy asked if I wanted a fry. I about died!!! Of course I WANT one, but I said, "no buddy, I cant have that". Yay me!! BTW am I doing something wrong, or are the radish fries only about 1/2 inch long when you cut them up? Is there any way to cut them differently to make them longer like a regular french fry??
Are you making radish fries or turnip fries? LOL . I think you meant turnip fries.

This length of the turnip fries depend on the size of the turnips. I found some huge ones and so my fries were about 1 inch long. So sweet and satisfying.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Bev how come you can't have the other drinks for breakfast?? All I personally eat is the drinks and puddings so I don't really have a choice but have the drinks for breakfast?
I have mostly drinks for breakfast (always in a hurry to get out the door) so this doesn't make sense to me either.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
My coach implied that the other drinks are not as filling and won't last your body as long as the wildberry yogurt. It has 14 g. of carbs in it, while the others have 3 or 4. Actually, that is so many carbs, it seems like it should be a restricted item, but it's not.
Closed Thread