Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:56 AM   #211  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Showgirlaz - How'd you do at weigh in today??

23 lbs left to lose before my birthday - how about you?
Did ok at weigh in. Down 4 pounds and 2.5 inches so, not bad considering it is T.O.M. (time of month) for me! total lost is 41 pounds on the program and 49 pounds overall in the past 4 months. YEAH!!

Gotta run... will post more after we finish the movie! Just remembered I promised you a post and wanted to get it in!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:12 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 346/315/195

Height: 6'1"

Well for all of you who are struggling to get through your first week, I did it and I lost 15lbs my first week. My coach said its the largest one week loss she has ever seen. Can you believe it? Wow those first few days were tough but it is soooooo worth it! I have a long way to go but what a great way to start. YAY!!!

Last edited by StAlbertPrincess; 01-26-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone: Laughing....no, I am not lost. Am trying to keep up reading the posts (wow, there are SO many compared to when we started in September).

OgDog and EchoBaby...I sent you each a private message.

Having a hard time getting back on plan (due to the amount of stress I have been under, I guess....excuses, excuses). They moved me to Phase II, but I keep sneaking in other things. I only lost 1-1/2# of the 2-1/2# I gained over my trip to Cleveland, and have been discouraged.

Can't remember who said it...but I DO think that the closer you get to goal, and the less body fat you have, it just becomes slower (thus, more discouraging). I am at 25.8%...really had wanted to go to 24.9% since above 25% was considered overweight....but just don't know if I have the fortitude to do it.

Texas Sweetie: Yeah, I have lots of loose skin....very embarrassed about it. There won't be any shorts or tank tops for me this summer. Buying and making shirts and capris for my trip to the Virgin Islands in March.....but I would still take "being thin" over "sagging skin." No, I didn't exercise (embarrassed again).....I would suggest it...especially exercises for the batwings and inner thighs. I also was very nervous to try IP....and did a whole lot of research on it before I committed. I did eat 4 packets a day (at least)...so my weight loss was slower than most....but it was what I needed to do to get thru. This forum was my "saving grace" and hope it is for you all, too.

Yeah, I guess I am thin now....hard to get my mind to wrap around it....since I still see a heavy gal in the mirror. I cannot believe I am in size 10 pants...because I started at 14-16 pants in September. Didn't lose much in my bust (still an XL or sometimes even a 1X there)....lost a lot in my butt....wish my boobs dropped down to my butt! There is something about IP that makes your body thinner even at a higher weight.

Showgirlaz - you have wonderful posts and a lot of knowledge. Wish you had been around when I started. Your recipes sound amazing....you and OgDog should start a recipe book.

LevelHeadedGirl: I think I am where you are right now.....Do I go right to Phase 4 or maintenance for awhile until my head gets on straight....do I go on low-carb (but IP is ALSO lowcalorie and lowfat)?

For those of you who don't know me, I lost my husband in Iraq 2 years ago on New Years Eve. I think I might be going thru some depression from the holidays. Wish he was here to help me with all my vehicle woes, and the problems that my son has and just the whole bit of "being overwhelmed" by everything. I wish he was here so I could bounce things off of him....it is so hard to be by yourself after 37 years of marriage. I am not used to making these big decisions on my own.....always had Eddie. Oh well, enough pity party.....Just kinda wanted you to know why I haven't been posting much.

I am so thrilled for the newbies and all your enthusiasm. IP works...believe me. I lost my 40# from Sept.9th to Dec.15th...altho I had lost 8# on it BEFORE IP...since I tried giving up the things I knew I couldn't have on IP...(orange juice, ice cream, bread, etc.)....just to see if I could do it.

See - when I post - I post a novel.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:11 AM   #214  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Hi everyone: Laughing....no, I am not lost. Am trying to keep up reading the posts (wow, there are SO many compared to when we started in September).

Having a hard time getting back on plan (due to the amount of stress I have been under, I guess....excuses, excuses). They moved me to Phase II, but I keep sneaking in other things. I only lost 1-1/2# of the 2-1/2# I gained over my trip to Cleveland, and have been discouraged.

Can't remember who said it...but I DO think that the closer you get to goal, and the less body fat you have, it just becomes slower (thus, more discouraging). I am at 25.8%...really had wanted to go to 24.9% since above 25% was considered overweight....but just don't know if I have the fortitude to do it.

Texas Sweetie: Yeah, I have lots of loose skin....very embarrassed about it. There won't be any shorts or tank tops for me this summer. Buying and making shirts and capris for my trip to the Virgin Islands in March.....but I would still take "being thin" over "sagging skin." No, I didn't exercise (embarrassed again).....I would suggest it...especially exercises for the batwings and inner thighs. I also was very nervous to try IP....and did a whole lot of research on it before I committed. I did eat 4 packets a day (at least)...so my weight loss was slower than most....but it was what I needed to do to get thru. This forum was my "saving grace" and hope it is for you all, too.

Yeah, I guess I am thin now....hard to get my mind to wrap around it....since I still see a heavy gal in the mirror. I cannot believe I am in size 10 pants...because I started at 14-16 pants in September. Didn't lose much in my bust (still an XL or sometimes even a 1X there)....lost a lot in my butt....wish my boobs dropped down to my butt! There is something about IP that makes your body thinner even at a higher weight.

Showgirlaz - you have wonderful posts and a lot of knowledge. Wish you had been around when I started. Your recipes sound amazing....you and OgDog should start a recipe book.

LevelHeadedGirl: I think I am where you are right now.....Do I go right to Phase 4 or maintenance for awhile until my head gets on straight....do I go on low-carb (but IP is ALSO lowcalorie and lowfat)?

For those of you who don't know me, I lost my husband in Iraq 2 years ago on New Years Eve. I think I might be going thru some depression from the holidays. Wish he was here to help me with all my vehicle woes, and the problems that my son has and just the whole bit of "being overwhelmed" by everything. I wish he was here so I could bounce things off of him....it is so hard to be by yourself after 37 years of marriage. I am not used to making these big decisions on my own.....always had Eddie. Oh well, enough pity party.....Just kinda wanted you to know why I haven't been posting much.

I am so thrilled for the newbies and all your enthusiasm. IP works...believe me. I lost my 40# from Sept.9th to Dec.15th...altho I had lost 8# on it BEFORE IP...since I tried giving up the things I knew I couldn't have on IP...(orange juice, ice cream, bread, etc.)....just to see if I could do it.

Dear Torchlaker and Wagnomore,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I just need to bite the bullet, order some food and commit. I gotta tell you though, I'm really worried about the excess skin. I've read on many of the posts about the jello and other items that are supposed to help combat this, but I think I'm going to incorporate Callanetics and push-ups as part of my program.

Off to order food! Hopefully it should be here by the end of the week!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #215  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Torchlaker:
I am so sorry for your loss. I get a lump in my throat just trying to imagine what you are going thru. Thank you for sharing and for all you have sacrificed. Please hang in there - you are truly an inspiration.

40lbs is amazing! Didn't I see somewhere to make sure and eat the cran/promegranite drink and cran bars to help with loose skin?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Echobaby and Ogdog, still here, just like Torchlaker have been busy. As I have reached my goal my issues are a bit different from most others on this site now.
To the Newbies, good luck on your journey, this diet does work and to the others, keep up the good work!!!

A bit about myself, I am 54 years old, 5ft 8 and lost 31 pounds in just over 2 months on the IP plan. I lost a good amount the first week and then next to nothing for week 2 and 3. I was told that EVERYONE will hit a plateau, some people, like myself just do it earlier than others. Also like Torchlaker had a bar almost everyday except for maybe the last few weeks.

We were told we could and I did have, unlimited veggies from the unrestricted list, at both lunch and dinner. I mostly ate broccoli and cauliflower and salads and never measured my veggies and always measured my meat after it was cooked and on the days I was very hungry would sometimes have an extra ounce or two of meat which I thought was better than having something else that was calorie and carb heavy. As I leave the house very early every day (6:15 am) I would have a mid morning snack of cucumbers and celery every day and that really helped me get through till lunch. I also snacked on dill pickles a fair amount. I very often split my bar up and had 1/2 in the afternoon and the rest after dinner. I think everyone has to find what works for their body, their metabolism and lifestyle. I have found that I do not have any cellulite left on the back of my thighs (YAHOO!!!) but would like to stress again that if I had my time over again I would have ensured that I did more resistance workouts to help prevent the saggy skin.

As I am a large boned woman 155 is a good weight for me, I had thought of going down to 150 but once I really looked at my body shape realized I did not have to, but it took some time to get over the love affair I had with my scales as I weighed myself 2 a day, first thing in the morning and when I got home from work in the afternoon. But once I really looked at my body shape have gotten over the number thing on the scales and am concentrating on inches and toning.

Texas sweetie, you might take a look at the Alternative plan that is posted in the IP phases section as it might be something that would work for you, the weight loss might be a bit slower but you might find it is easier to maintain.

Have to run, best of luck to everyone!!!

Last edited by ottawa; 01-26-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #217  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

[they also have a new "supplement" on the shelf called Novi-Lax. It's got the IP label on it - I've never noticed it before. You take 2 if constipated and things get moving in 6 to 12 hours. FYI[/QUOTE]

I had some issues with not being able to go so the coach gave me a bottle of this novi-lax. Be Careful!!!! For me at least it caused a huge stomache upset that lasted an entire day. Could not leave the house as it was not the gentle "assist" they had said it would be. On the bright side it provides a very thorough detox effect!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #218  
Started IP 1/19/10

S/C/G: 257.8/203.8/170

Height: 5'7

Good Morning all! Day 7 here! and my first weigh-in is tonight! I am VERY excited however it is my TOM(timeofmonth) so I am a little nervous that I won't lose that much and get discouraged... I am just praying that something will still pull through because I really wanna make this work!
Torchlaker your story is very inspirational. Im not even married yet and I can't imagine the what its like to do this alone! I wish you all the luck and ease of the world in the rest of your journey!
Everyone else I'm really enjoying reading your posts and comments!
2 Questions?
What did you do to get rid of the taste in your mouth/bad breath?
Has anyone cooked the omlet in the microwave? How long if so?
Thanks!
Happy Tuesday!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie09 View Post
Thanks!
Happy Tuesday!!!
Byrdie, Happy Tuesday to you too. I always make my omelet in the microwave. Shake it up in the shaker. Spray whatever you are going to make it in with PAM or something along those lines. Then nuke for 2(+/-) minutes.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #220  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my own NSV! Yesterday we had my father-in-laws funeral and afterwards had a really nice luncheon (ate my soy nuts), family then went for drinks (I had water with lime) and then came back to my house where they all ate pizza, fried chicken, taters, coleslaw, chips, desserts etc etc. while I enjoyed my bbq chicken breast with 2 cups of veggies and a salad plus choc pudding for "dessert"
Been such a stressful week. I know that if I can get through this kind of emotional stress and not have a single lick, bite or sip of a "not allowed" item - then I am good for the long haul!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #221  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post

First let me say that you are a brave and strong woman. i know I do not know you but just reading your post I can tell. Thank you for your strength and willingness to share .....I could never compare my situation to yours , my husband is battleing a rare auto immune disease and I have been living in fear for the last 3 years (hence my food addiction) Being strong in front of our children is not always easy! You have made great strides! You are getting healthy and that is such a good thing! Your Eddie is with you and can hear you when you talk to him......I honestly believe that.

As for 'saggy' skin, eat the jello/jelly and the fruit drinks....my coach says they are the highest in protien and are specifically made for this issue.

Stay strong, this is a tough time of year. We are getting close to Spring and it sounds like you have a wonderful vacation to look forward to!!! jelous!

Bless you and your family.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlbertPrincess View Post
Well for all of you who are struggling to get through your first week, I did it and I lost 15lbs my first week. My coach said its the largest one week loss she has ever seen. Can you believe it? Wow those first few days were tough but it is soooooo worth it! I have a long way to go but what a great way to start. YAY!!!

Awesome job!!! My first weigh in is tomorrow, I know I definitely didn't do as good as you but I hope to see a little difference. Keep it up!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #223  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie09 View Post
Good Morning all! Day 7 here! and my first weigh-in is tonight! I am VERY excited however it is my TOM(timeofmonth) so I am a little nervous that I won't lose that much and get discouraged... I am just praying that something will still pull through because I really wanna make this work!
Torchlaker your story is very inspirational. Im not even married yet and I can't imagine the what its like to do this alone! I wish you all the luck and ease of the world in the rest of your journey!
Everyone else I'm really enjoying reading your posts and comments!
2 Questions?
What did you do to get rid of the taste in your mouth/bad breath?
Thanks!
Happy Tuesday!!!
I have been using the listerine strips, I heard gum wasn't good for the diet. Not sure if the listerine is affecting it though, my first weigh in is tomorrow so I have nothing to base it on. Good luck tonight on your weigh in and just think in a couple of months we can have that "social drink" again!!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
In mine it's by the GNC vitamins and the dexatrim area. It's on an endcap. The prices are the same as the website. Are you incorporating any bars? The one there which was lowest in carbs(13)I was thinking of trying. It was yogurt peanut crunch or something. I tried another chocolate kind from the lady at work and it was quite vitaminy. Not great.
I'll definitely check my local RiteAid out!! I saw on Lindora's site that RiteAid is an official dealer...or something along those lines. I incorporated the PB chocolate bar. I don't remember ordering it...I think they accidentally sent it along. It is my one restricted food item...but hey, with the low carbs on the soups the 16 g of carbs is okay for me. I am totally enjoying the noodle soup and the cream of tomato soup. And I've dropped 2 more pounds so to me the food is equal to the IP diet foods!! Oh, back to the PB Chocolate bar, it isn't bad, a little dry for PB, but I can handle that. What type of bar did you try from your co-worker?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #225  

Does anybody know if jalapenos are ok to eat?
Closed Thread