Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #181  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
my coach says three a day. We were only allowed 4 packets the first week.
It is just three a day on the basic phase 1 from the start or after week 1 (depending on your coach) BUT...

Depending on what your goals are, how active you are, your general health, etc. There are modified plans that the coach's use. So, check with your coach for her reason behind the extra packet.

I know one girl in my clinic group is mostly detoxing and only has 10 pounds to lose. She is eating 4 packets a day and a meal. Another person with diabetes, is allowed some grains and berries to prevent her form developing ketoacidosis. Just examples of why there could be good reason for the 4th packet!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Levelheadedgirl, hang in there. As fast as you are out of ketosis, you can get back in. I recommend ordering the peanut butter chocolate bars from www.newlifestylediet.com. It will be a restricted bar, but it is definitely one for the pb lover!!! Drink your water. Get your head on straight. No cold brewskis, not yet at least....no hamburgers or hotdogs...okay, eat the burger or dog without the bun!! And remember to keep eating your veggies. Those 10 lbs will melt off in a couple of weeks!!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelheadedGirl View Post
You all seem to be doing very well! congrats to everyone that has succeeded in the face of temptation!

I'm really having a rough time with things right now. Life's stresses seem to be catching up to me which makes it more difficult to stay focused and on plan. Thursday my furnace bit the bullet, having to fork over almost $4,000 for a new one pretty much squashed my dream trip of a a month in italy/greece this year. Also going through a total basement renovation as my sewer backed up on christmas eve. Working a full time job while starting up a business with my mom. It all adds up to a lack of motivation to rid myself of these last 10 pounds.

I've spent the last 2 years working on losing 75 lbs, then discovered IP not long ago and thought it would be great to take off that last little bit and finally reach my goal weight. Right now the last 10 lbs feels more difficult to get rid of than the first 75! I was pretty good all week, except i still can't stop myself from sneaking spoonfulls of peanut butter, which i know caused me to only have a loss of a pound last week. Then on friday my bf and i went out for dinner (which we rarely do) and I was soooo good...drank water, ordered a steak with only veggies on the side. The steak came wayy over done, so i sent it back, got a new one and the restraunt offered a complimentary glass of wine and whatever dessert I wanted to compensate for the screw up. It was friday, i was stressed to the max and i gave in! it was soo good, and i felt so relaxed and tipsy after just one glass of wine. Since then I have lost nothing, so i'm feeling really really discouraged. I obviously went out of ketosis because i am just starving today and cannot concentrate on work. It is taking every ounce i have to not cheat today.

Tonight i'm going to the grand openning of a new east indian restraunt, i'm sure there will be lots of temptation, then out for dinner for moms birthday. Tomorrow going to a hockey game where i'm sure the look of an ice cold beer and the smell of the burgers and hot dogs will drive me nuts.

Sorry for the long post, just had to vent. I'm feeling like maybe i should drop the program and lose the last 10 with a low carb diet and exercise, but of course it will take longer and i would really just love to get rid of it!

I've wondered if maybe the IP diet is easier and more successfull for people that have a larger amount of fat stores versus someone like myself with not much left to lose. Any thoughts?
Hey Levelheaded Girl!

First, Congratulations on all that you've lost! You did a great job! Second, and please don't take this the wrong way, BREATHE! You under alot of stress and all of these events are really likely to be a challenge under even the best circumstances. THIRD, maybe it is time for a break. SERIOUSLY! You are tall, 5'8 and 140 pounds would be a very normal body. You are just 8 pounds from that. Also, maybe your body is ready for a break. And, Yes, you are right, initial IP is easy for anyone who is very overweight. The more extra fat you have to burn the more your body can lose. The closer you get to a normal body fat level for you the more essential each ounce of that fat is and the less willing your body is to waste it. SO, seriously, consider talking to your coach and moving to phase 4. What is the worst thing that happens if you plan it and are disciplined in your approach? I guess the worst thing is after a month of a break you don't go back to it or, you gain alot of weight because you can't control the cravings. REALITY is more likely that in a month you can come back to this and much more easily lose that final 8 to 10 pounds because you are less stressed and mentally more ready.

NOT trying to give you excuses or say "jump ship" believe me, if you can go all the way that would be awesome. AND, GIVE IT 3 days, you'll be back in ketosis. (ALSO, didn't someone mention in last months posts a trick you can do on atkins where you eat the higher fat stuff for a few days and it sort of kicks you back into a higher weight loss mode.)

However, I think maybe you are so close to done it is hard because your body fat isn't high enough to be willing lost. When someone is 200 pounds and 40 percent body fat loses 10% that 20 pounds doesn't seem like too much, but at 148 and maybe 23 percent body fat to lose 14.8 pounds, a 10% drop, is very significant to your body! That is almost what you are asking your body to do now.

The break can be beneficial IF YOU APPROACH IT AS PART OF THE PLAN. This is what my coach did. He lost the first 67 pounds in 65 days ( lucky man) took 3 months off and did phase 4. Came back started phase 1 again and worked through the first 3 days to shift back into ketosis. In the the past 3 weeks he has lost 17 more pounds. It worked for him and I think it can work for you too!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-25-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop50 View Post
HI, I started IP on jan 4 2010. So far I havel ost 9.5 pounds. Tonight is my weight in...hoping for at least 2 pounds....
I will let you now on Tuesday morning..
Welcome Betty Boop! I love that name!

Good luck with the weigh in tonight and great job! You've done very well so far! Keep it up!

Carla
Old 01-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
had my weigh in today and I am so excited. I lost 7lbs this week. I lost tons of inches as well. Congrats to everyone who continues to stick with this, you are all doing amazing.
WOO HOO!!

That is awesome! Great week! Just think you are MORE than 1/2 way to your goal!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #186  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Torchlaker, lilita, owtawa...I'm starting to worry. Y'all okay???
I was wondering the same thing. although I know Lilita is on vacation. se's having fun. Did Torchlaker say she was going anywhere?
Old 01-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #187  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Echobaby, what I ended up doing was starting at one side of the door, looping the wire around the fence to the other side of the door than looping it back to make the total connection. Hopefully that makes sense. You are doubling it, but there is plenty of wire!!!

I am in PA, not far from Philly. We have RiteAids. What section is it in? I'll check it out.
In mine it's by the GNC vitamins and the dexatrim area. It's on an endcap. The prices are the same as the website. Are you incorporating any bars? The one there which was lowest in carbs(13)I was thinking of trying. It was yogurt peanut crunch or something. I tried another chocolate kind from the lady at work and it was quite vitaminy. Not great.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplymar View Post
Wow so much info to read since I've been on last.
Thanks for all the excellent ideas.
I had my 13 week weigh in this morning and lost another 1.8 for a total of 52.4.
At this rate I'll be to goal for end of May. Really hope it doesn't slow down.
congrats everyone on their weight loss to date.
WOW that is such awesome loss...would you mind sharing exactly what you ate on the huge loss weeks that wasn't first week loss (like the 9 pounds)?
That could be very helpful! Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #189  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
You all seem to be doing very well! congrats to everyone that has succeeded in the face of temptation!

I'm really having a rough time with things right now. Life's stresses seem to be catching up to me which makes it more difficult to stay focused and on plan. Thursday my furnace bit the bullet, having to fork over almost $4,000 for a new one pretty much squashed my dream trip of a a month in italy/greece this year. Also going through a total basement renovation as my sewer backed up on christmas eve. Working a full time job while starting up a business with my mom. It all adds up to a lack of motivation to rid myself of these last 10 pounds.

I've spent the last 2 years working on losing 75 lbs, then discovered IP not long ago and thought it would be great to take off that last little bit and finally reach my goal weight. Right now the last 10 lbs feels more difficult to get rid of than the first 75! I was pretty good all week, except i still can't stop myself from sneaking spoonfulls of peanut butter, which i know caused me to only have a loss of a pound last week. Then on friday my bf and i went out for dinner (which we rarely do) and I was soooo good...drank water, ordered a steak with only veggies on the side. The steak came wayy over done, so i sent it back, got a new one and the restraunt offered a complimentary glass of wine and whatever dessert I wanted to compensate for the screw up. It was friday, i was stressed to the max and i gave in! it was soo good, and i felt so relaxed and tipsy after just one glass of wine. Since then I have lost nothing, so i'm feeling really really discouraged. I obviously went out of ketosis because i am just starving today and cannot concentrate on work. It is taking every ounce i have to not cheat today.

Tonight i'm going to the grand openning of a new east indian restraunt, i'm sure there will be lots of temptation, then out for dinner for moms birthday. Tomorrow going to a hockey game where i'm sure the look of an ice cold beer and the smell of the burgers and hot dogs will drive me nuts.

Sorry for the long post, just had to vent. I'm feeling like maybe i should drop the program and lose the last 10 with a low carb diet and exercise, but of course it will take longer and i would really just love to get rid of it!

I've wondered if maybe the IP diet is easier and more successfull for people that have a larger amount of fat stores versus someone like myself with not much left to lose. Any thoughts?

I am so sorry about all that has happened to you. It sounds like when it rains it pours. Congrats on all the weight you have lost already that is great. i feel your pain about the peanut butter. I have gone 1 week now with no peanut butter but I had been having 1-2 spoonfulls each night. I did not want to have the peanut bar (not the same at all). I am still craving it but seem to be winning the battle. I agree that you maybe should take a break (not a forever one) in order to deal and regroup. I think that we sometimes get focused on the weight more than anything else. We have to recognize that it is just a number and our bodies may already be where they need to be for right now. Hang in there whatever you decide to do.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 223/155/148.4/138

Height: 5'8"

Thank you so much for the support everyone :-) I think i will do my best to give it one more good week. If I don't have a decent loss at the end of the week after giving it my all, then I will take that as a sign that it's time for a break. I really hope that I didn't come off as too whiney, I really feel quite lucky in every aspect of my life, just sometimes when it starts to pile on it gets quite overwhelming.

Thanks for the suggestions on the peanut butter bars. I do have a box of the vanilla peanut bars, but they dont seem to cut it. I just have to be strong. I did order PB2 off of netrition. Not here yet, but i figure it might be a good alternative to the full fat peanut butter.

showgirlaz - your right, 140 @ 5'8" is a very normal weight for my height. 140 is actually my goal but i set 138 because the program says you will gain a bit back when you start eating carbs again and the glycogen returns to your muscles
Old 01-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #191  

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site, but I have been on Ideal Protein for 2 months and have lost 30 LBS

I was wondering if anyone had tried replacing there social meal of the day with another packet? If i skip the animal protein and add another ideal protein packet instead, would it affect my weight loss any?

And thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much!
P.S. I love all the recipe ideas!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #192  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by charawayne View Post
Hi everyone!

I am new to this site, but I have been on Ideal Protein for 2 months and have lost 30 LBS

I was wondering if anyone had tried replacing there social meal of the day with another packet? If i skip the animal protein and add another ideal protein packet instead, would it affect my weight loss any?

And thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much!
P.S. I love all the recipe ideas!
Hi and welcome to the site. 30 pounds in two months is awesome...you must be very proud!!!!!

I suggest reading through all the back blogs , there is alot more tips and suggestions.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #193  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
It is just three a day on the basic phase 1 from the start or after week 1 (depending on your coach) BUT...

Depending on what your goals are, how active you are, your general health, etc. There are modified plans that the coach's use. So, check with your coach for her reason behind the extra packet.

I know one girl in my clinic group is mostly detoxing and only has 10 pounds to lose. She is eating 4 packets a day and a meal. Another person with diabetes, is allowed some grains and berries to prevent her form developing ketoacidosis. Just examples of why there could be good reason for the 4th packet!
My coach said it is to keep my metabolism up.....EVERYONE they work with is encouraged to eat 4 a day! No wonder why I was having trouble squeezing everything in! It seems to be working so I won't complain (down 6# this week!) Anyway thanks for your views...I was really confused! I actually didn't have my afternoon snack today and I was STARVING! No wonder why some of you are having so much trouble! Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #194  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Quote:
Thank you so much for the support everyone :-) I think i will do my best to give it one more good week. If I don't have a decent loss at the end of the week after giving it my all, then I will take that as a sign that it's time for a break. I really hope that I didn't come off as too whiney, I really feel quite lucky in every aspect of my life, just sometimes when it starts to pile on it gets quite overwhelming.

Thanks for the suggestions on the peanut butter bars. I do have a box of the vanilla peanut bars, but they dont seem to cut it. I just have to be strong. I did order PB2 off of netrition. Not here yet, but i figure it might be a good alternative to the full fat peanut butter.

showgirlaz - your right, 140 @ 5'8" is a very normal weight for my height. 140 is actually my goal but i set 138 because the program says you will gain a bit back when you start eating carbs again and the glycogen returns to your muscles
Let's not forget, our bodies need to be a specific weight to be healthy so for your height I would think 140 is healthy! I am 5'4 and would LOVE to be 140.......Remember this program is about being healthy inside too! You are doing awesome so try not to be too hard on yourself!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Quote:

What phase are you on? If you are still in phase one, why not try moving into phase 3 stabilization (14 days), then on to phase 4 to maintain. This will allow you to introduce carbs and fats back into your diet giving you more food options without sabotaging your successful weight loss! Then you can maintain your weight by eating a wider range of foods. When you have an indulgence, all you have to do is ONE day on phase 1, then back to healthy eating.
I know stresses can be overwhelming. You have had such great wt loss success that I would hate for you to slip into old patterns and gain it all back (as I have done several times myself on other plans).
I hope this helps, and good luck to you in all of the things that are challenging you right now.
Closed Thread