Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #151  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

WOW, lots of posts to catch up on! LOVE the recipes showgirlaz, are you posting them in the recipe forum (haven't checked yet, but already copied them)?!

I had a NSV last night, I cooked lasagna to celebrate my father in law's birthday, and just had my salad with some leftover naked chicken nuggets on top!

I am having a HARD time eating veggies the past few days. Any suggestions? After changing my goal to 120lbs from 115, I realized I'm more than half way towards my goal!!!

So, with 12 more pounds left to go... I am getting concerned about life on Phase 4 or maintenance. I think my body is super sensitive to carbs, and that I should limit them to mornings only, just a few days a week. Anyone else thinking about this?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Hope everybody had a great weekend! This was my first weekend and boy was it rough!! Everyone drinking around me and eating whatever they wanted sure made it tough. I think the hardest was during football yesterday, we always have some beer and wings and I knew I couldn't . I go Wednesday for my first weigh in so I hope there is some positive reinforcement for my pain, lol!!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
I just had the chicken noodle, too! It was good. Also tried the Lindora hot cocoa, and while it wasn't as rich and creamy as I.P., it was still good. It also has 5 more carbs, so I've been having to do a little juggling act with my packets. I've been a little under the weather and am just now catching up on all the posts.

I'm about to order the dog fence. Did you get the wireless or the one with wires?
Echobaby, hope you are feeling better. Glad you enjoyed the chicken noodle as much as I did.

I used the wire ones. They didn't have wireless. I mean by wired that you take a long string of wire and bury it in the ground (we just wrap it around fence posts) and hook it up to this black thing that you plug into an electrical outlet. Btw, if you do the wire all the way around in a loop, the dogs will zap itself going out the door. Just an FYI. We had to configure ours weird with how the wire can be set up. Hard to explain...hopefully you are getting it.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #154  

Morning everyone

Today is my first weigh in day!!! According to my scale I'm down 12 lbs this week! 12 lbs!!! I'm pretty sure that used to take me a couple months to lose on Weight Watchers.

As for rewards - I went out and bought myself a lulu lemon hoodie a LONG time ago hoping that I'd fit in to it one day, so that's my first reward...getting thin enough to wear it!

My best friend (StAlbertPrincess) & myself also have a competition going on. Every month we put up $50 and if one of us cheats we have to give the other one our $50, if we don't cheat we each put it in an envelope for a shopping spree once we've lost all the weight, we figure we'll have about $600 or so by the time we're done

Have a good day everyone

Last edited by jordanna; 01-25-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoPrincess View Post
I see that a couple of you have mentioned mini-goals. Could you share more? I've realized that I've always rewarded myself with food and well, that just has to stop so I need some ideas. And how are you deciding what weight loss is your mini-goal, is it a percentage of the total weight you want to lose or is it just a weight that you personally chose?
I chose my first mini-goal based on the weight limit for the Wii Fit. I want one and don't see the point until I can use it, even though I have had heard of people over the weight limit using it.

My second mini-goal is to get under 300lbs. I don't know what reward I will have for myself then, but a celebration of some sort is for sure (it's been more than 16 years since I've been under 300).
Old 01-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #156  

Congrats want2run!!!!!!!! Neato incentives too with your bf!!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #157  

Swilk, this is not IP compliant, but is better in carbs, etc then regular pizza for your superbowl.

You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

• 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower*
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 tsp fennel
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 2 tsp parsley
  • **pizza or alfredo sauce
  • toppings (make sure meats are cooked)
  • mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler (grill for the Europeans) at high heat just until cheese is melted.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #158  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermeyer View Post
I just remembered I had a question I meant to ask you all. One of those yucky ones. I've been struggling with constipation, not all that unusual for me, but more so on this diet. First my Coach had me add the IP enzymes, that did nothing. This week she had me take Milk of Magnesia, that more than does the trick the next day, but the day after nothing. I've noticed people mentioning Magnesium Citrate here. Is that something I can take a little bit of each day to keep things moving without the start/stop? Thanks!
My coach recommended Swiss Kriss...it is an all natural stool softener I take 2am & 2 pm......works like a charm! Good luck! It definately has an effect on how you feel and the # on the scale!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #159  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

had my weigh in today and I am so excited. I lost 7lbs this week. I lost tons of inches as well. Congrats to everyone who continues to stick with this, you are all doing amazing.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #160  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

can't figure out how to change the s/c/g: on the side of my post? any suggestions
Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #161  

Melissa, Congrats on your loss. Go to the top tool bar and click on quick links/edit profile...I believe it is under there. Tara

Last edited by Ogdog13; 01-25-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
had my weigh in today and I am so excited. I lost 7lbs this week. I lost tons of inches as well. Congrats to everyone who continues to stick with this, you are all doing amazing.
Congrats Girl!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #163  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Everyone keeps mentioning 3 IP packets a day....my coach says 4 and not to deviate. I am confused They say we need to buy 28 products a week. IP Breakfast, IP Lunch, IP Snack - Dinner on my own- IP Night snack.......Does anyone else do 4 a day everyday? Or is this just phase 1?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvan View Post
Everyone keeps mentioning 3 IP packets a day....my coach says 4 and not to deviate. I am confused They say we need to buy 28 products a week. IP Breakfast, IP Lunch, IP Snack - Dinner on my own- IP Night snack.......Does anyone else do 4 a day everyday? Or is this just phase 1?
I'm on phase 1 and I only have three packages a day...according to the IP Phase 1 handout I recieved you only have 3 IP Packages per day. (go look under Ideal Protein FAQ...someone posted the handout)

IP Breakfast
IP Lunch
Dinner on my own
IP Snack

Maybe your coach thinks you need 4 packages because of your lifestyle?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #165  
Started IP 1/19/10

S/C/G: 257.8/203.8/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Hope everybody had a great weekend! This was my first weekend and boy was it rough!! Everyone drinking around me and eating whatever they wanted sure made it tough. I think the hardest was during football yesterday, we always have some beer and wings and I knew I couldn't . I go Wednesday for my first weigh in so I hope there is some positive reinforcement for my pain, lol!!
I am RIGHT THERE WITH YA! My 1st weekend too and the drinking mainly made me incredibly sad! Then yesterday our friends were going to Buffalo Wild Wings.. and I just couldn't take it! I had to stay home because I couldn't take another second of everyone drinking and eating around me! haha Then my mother had us over for dinner and fixes scalloped potatoes.. Only one of my favorite things on the face of the earth! haha Yeah I weigh in tomorrow and I'm praying that its gonna give me the strenght to go on! Good luck to you too!
Closed Thread