Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #46  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoPrincess View Post
I've been on the IP diet for a little over a month and from what I've read this group will give me the much needed support I need. Keep at it!
Ah....how nice another Princess from Wyoming!! Welcome aboard!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

@cherry face: YEAH!! Great Job!! One week 8.6 pounds!! YOU ROCK!!! take your measurements too if you haven’t already. you will be amazed by the changes week to week! YOU ARE DOING THIS!! KEEP IT UP!

@ princass: You are welcome! If you are having a constipation issue right now, it is likely to be your weight loss block. Have you tried the magnesium citrate? I can’t remember and yes, the premenstrual issue will be this week's delay. You would be surprised what the cheese and cashews can do to slow down, more the bowels for some than the rest. How is the water intake? Yes, I always get the salads in. I hate them sometimes. I even gagged one down once.. That was when I knew it had to experiment. I started making steamed veggie salads, grilled veggie salads, salad soups.. lol… anything for a change! Somedays my salads are 3/4 cup and others they are 3 cups of lettuce it depends on my hunger. I keep the veggie toppings on the salad to about ½ cup or so. I am so grateful my coach has been there and been strict. These results are worth it for as long as they will hold. I can live with out the restricted food for awhile. In the end it is about what I gain back in a BALANCED maintenance that I want anyway! I think some Drs and Coachs offer the optional foods and restricted items early because they can, they cost more, and because they are worried people who get bored will quit. I think people want the success more than the perk and if it were explained as “yes, you can now have them but the added consequence is you may loose slower or much slower and your cravings may come back and be harder to control. now you decide” that people would say I think I will keep trying to do it like this! People like to have control and results when making a big change like this!

@ Baseball Mom5: Sounds like fun! I loved the Hangover! Such a great movie. Have you seen I love You Man yet??? It was our date night last week and I loved it too!

@ jtvan: YUM to the porkchops! I will try those Sunday!! I picked up some collard and turnip greens to cook with pork chops yesterday.. This sounds great as a recipe to do it up with! Perfect timing! Thanks

@ dispatcherLIZ: Hello! The premade vanilla and chocolate drinks and all puddings are definitely part of the NONrestricted category! Like JTVan, I couldn’t get by without them. HAVE FUN trying them out and doctoring them up!

@ Mom22: I take natural source essential enzymes from the health food store. Not sure if they are available in Canada but they are identical too or better than the IP enzymes. Also, thanks for the novi lax tip. I will check next time I go in if they are avail to us down here.

@ WyoPrincess: Welcome! So nice to see you here! It looks like you have had a good month considering holidays and all too! I am looking forward to hearing more from you about your success!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-23-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: bad typist issues :)
Old 01-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #48  

LONG POST ALERT

@ Cicibel: and@ Cadensmom:

Welcome to the group you two!! I love that you are ready to go and thinking PREPARATION!! You will be so successful with that mind set! IMHO, the things that work best (at least for me) are the preparation and staying committed to this treatment program til you reach maintenance. Do the program as strictly as you can tolerate to have the biggest losses. My tips are:

get a salt shaker and daily (or the night before) measure ½ tsp of REAL salt into the shaker; use it by the time you go to sleep even if you have to lick it from your hand or have a hot salt water drink. It will stave off any headaches, fatigue, and may help with any bowel issues down the line.

get a pill box with removable day slots or something portable, every night or for the whole week, lay out the supplements you need, plan a place you are at often during your day and remember to take them.

get a high quality omega 3/6/9 oil like udo’s, barleans omega twin, or a flax oil. Use it for your 1 -2 tsp of oil per day and use the olive oil sparingly for cooking.

find online or at a local store some Walden Farms (WF) dressings in packets togo. I like the regular Italian best but everyone is different. Keep it handy. You may also want to keep a bottle or two at home if you like their flavors.

Prepare a purse pack (Ziploc bag works) with: several packets of your on program sweetner, a few WF to go dressings, some hot tea bags, and 1 or 2 IP drink packets. This will be your lifeline if you are out to eat or get caught out at a meal or snack time. The dressing helps you when restaurants offer nothing, the tea gives you a variety choice to water and coffee and usually hot water is free, the sweetener saves you if the restaurant only offers off plan equal , saccharine, or sugar, and the packets are great for a quick fix with a purchased bottled water from anywhere!

Plan to prepare your food on two set days a week. By this I mean, measure your meat into portions of appropriate weight for you to grab and cook with (keep in fridge or freezer). I cook for two so, I know I need a portion for me and a portion for him. I just work in weights of 5 or 7 oz now instead of 1 or 2 pounds. ALSO, wash and chop your veggies for a couple of days at a time (kind of like home prepping those prepared grocery kits) . This makes it easy to cook the veggies quickly and to incorporate them because, it is now less work. as a new mom (Cadensmom) you will like having things quick/handy because doing a lot of prep with a baby is hard to keep up on! I know this from experience! Keep handy the things you plan to use a lot. Also, having things ready to go allows you to grab a Ziploc baggy when you are rushing out of the house and might wish you had an on program snack with you. Keep one extra portion of meat cooked/ready in the fridge. It is great if you get in and are starved and have gone way past when you should have eaten. It takes the pressure off and prevents you from choosing a food you shouldn't if you don't have the meat handy and like eggs make 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites. It is fast and on program. ALSO, when you make up a salad, I have found it helpful to make an extra one or two without dressing and put them in plastic containers or baggies. This way they are ready if I have to plan a to go meal and If I am tired I don't have the issue of making one.

EAT OFTEN: plan to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours no more than 4 if you can avoid it especially the first weeks. it will help keep you in control of the cravings as you go through sugar/carb withdrawal. Eat breakfast, a morning snack of veggies, lunch, afternoonsnack of veggie or IP drink, dinner, evening snack of veggies or IP snack if you didn’t have it in the afternoon.

DRINK AT LEAST 64 oz of water every day.. try for 3 liters or more. It will help flush fat and toxins from your body and reduce the weight. I prepare 2 liter bottles and a 2 liter jug of water the night before and keep it in the fridge because I love cold water! Then it is ready to go when I need to leave the house and I KNOW by looking where I am on my water for the day.

Keep a daily notebook of how you are feeling and what you are eating. Note if something makes you feel better or worse and at the end of the weeks your weight loss. you will start to notice what foods you metabolize best.
ALSO take pictures and measurements when you start! You will be amazed how many inches you lose and how fast. It will happen even on weeks you aren’t dropping much weight.

Keep your preparation sheet and foods list on or near the fridge. It works great for quick reference and helps family members too.

Set alarm times on your phone if you are busy and need to remember when to eat or drink. It works great and, especially with a baby or work, it is easy to lose track of time and then wonder why you didn’t eat or how you got so hungry.

To start, consider not having any salmon or tuna for the first month. The fat is a little higher than they want you to have. ONLY have the select vegetables and none from the occasional section for at least 2 to 3 weeks, until your coach advises otherwise or as long as you can. AVOID THE ROOT VEGGIES these have high starches by the nature of what they are and are designed to do for plant growth. Use splenda or stevia/truvia/purevia as sweetners only. NO GUM, MINTS, SODA. NO RESTRICTED FOODS until your coach advises and even then think about not using them til you are past 90 days if you want the biggest program results. These are great for keeping you interested in the program but will slow you down a little or more if you use them too often.

Keep an assortment of hot teas and herbal/decaf teas that you like. When a craving strikes have a cup of hot tea. It really helps calm the stomach. I find the good earth decaf original spice works great to kill most all of my sugar wishes!

Buy salt free/sugar free spices and herbs. Read the ingredients list as much or more the the nutrition chart to make sure that is what you are getting.

Buy some of the torani, da vinci, or artisan flavored sugar free (splenda based) coffee/Italian soda syrups. They are great for doctoring up coffee, water, and IP drinks and puddings.

Great kitchen tools to consider or drag out if you own but haven't used in awhile: Ziploc baggies, scale, good measuring spoons, cups, ladels, etc. , steamer, food processor, magic bullet, George foreman like grill, turbo cooker, garlic press, shaker containers ( I use old peanut butter and spaghetti sauce jars at home because the pour out so well and clean nice. I use an old spice jar to keep my homemade salad dressing pre-prepared in and waiting in the fridge. I use other old spice jars for my personal spice mixes I use often. I buy the prepared jar ginger and minced garlic at the store, I use a lot and this is fast and easy and I get the jar for later. I have 2 liter bottles for my water and 3 shaker containers for mixing drinks. It keeps things available. I got them at the dollar store. I also have 2 soft side coolers, small and large with ice blocks( in the freezer), so that if I am going to be out running around all day, at meetings, or at work, etc. I can keep my on program food handy. It only takes a few minutes to grab a snack or drink and maybe 20 to eat an IP drink/salad lunch. I can usually get away from anywhere for that long. A SHOEBOX! I love my IP FOOD shoebox. Silly but it made a great way to organize all my packets and took up less space and I wasn’t knocking boxes down all the time in my pantry! LOL

Don’t exercise. Keep things light and easy for a few weeks at least while your body makes its new adjustments! It may seem counter intuitive but you will have the results you want and can add the toning and exercise back a short while down the road.

OK That is all of my advise! Good luck and stay in touch. Everyone here is really willing to be supportive so you will do great !

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-23-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spacing when copy/pasted
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #49  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Showgirlaz... thanks for the great tips! I'm printing all that off the computer and heading to Wal-Mart this evening to get started before Monday(Day 1 of IP for me)
Old 01-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #50  

Wow showgirlaz...you are rockin on this board Lots of excellent tips! My coach/sponspor/dr (we call them by different names...mine all happens to be the same person...just not sure what to call him) sounds very similar to yours. Stay strict all the time. THis is the key to weight loss. He won't sell me any of the occasional or restricted items until I have been on the program 1 month with success and even then I was told to use them with caution. I am guessing I probably won't bother if what I am doing is working.

--I think you also asked about price...my boxes are $30/piece, 7 packets to a box. I don't know how much the vitamins are per bottle.

I know lots of people are buying the Lindora products and enjoying them. I hope they work. I have to admit I am a little skeptical about it. I know you researched it and it appears you are making informed decisions. It will be interesting to see if you see a difference (either way) in your weight loss goals. I personally worry because even though the label may appear the same, I don't know that the products are actually comparable. The drastic difference in price seems strange to be the exact same product.
Keep us informed and let us know what you find!

I feel too new at the program to change anything myself.

Tired the omlete today...awesome. I put some sauteed green peppers, mushrooms and celery in it, THEN put it on a bed of lettuce with a drizzle of Bacon Ranch WF dressing (sea salt and pepper)....soooooo tasty!!!!

Anyone just not hungry to eat? I haven't missed any meals, but the last few days I just don't care about eating and am just eating because it is time. Seems strange for a "fat girl". Haha.

Last edited by committed1; 01-23-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #51  

Hi all! I've just started week 2 and I am down 6 lbs! I was so excited when the scale started to move Just wondering if anyone has insight on exercising? My consultant didn't say anything to me about it, but I've read/heard that you shouldn't (though I'm not sure why). Thanks!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Showgirlaz... thanks for the great tips! I'm printing all that off the computer and heading to Wal-Mart this evening to get started before Monday(Day 1 of IP for me)
Welcome and GOOD LUCK on week 1! You will love the exciting results when you weigh in. Visit the board for support and stick with it til day 4! It get so much easier!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Wow showgirlaz...you are rockin on this board Lots of excellent tips! My coach/sponspor/dr (we call them by different names...mine all happens to be the same person...just not sure what to call him) sounds very similar to yours. Stay strict all the time. THis is the key to weight loss. He won't sell me any of the occasional or restricted items until I have been on the program 1 month with success and even then I was told to use them with caution. I am guessing I probably won't bother if what I am doing is working.

--I think you also asked about price...my boxes are $30/piece, 7 packets to a box. I don't know how much the vitamins are per bottle.

I know lots of people are buying the Lindora products and enjoying them. I hope they work. I have to admit I am a little skeptical about it. I know you researched it and it appears you are making informed decisions. It will be interesting to see if you see a difference (either way) in your weight loss goals. I personally worry because even though the label may appear the same, I don't know that the products are actually comparable. The drastic difference in price seems strange to be the exact same product.
Keep us informed and let us know what you find!

I feel too new at the program to change anything myself.

Tired the omlete today...awesome. I put some sauteed green peppers, mushrooms and celery in it, THEN put it on a bed of lettuce with a drizzle of Bacon Ranch WF dressing (sea salt and pepper)....soooooo tasty!!!!

Anyone just not hungry to eat? I haven't missed any meals, but the last few days I just don't care about eating and am just eating because it is time. Seems strange for a "fat girl". Haha.
Interesting! My coach is just that. My Dr is different. I am definately sticking with the IP products only until I research it more. I am asking our business development manager if he has any side by side chemical comparisons of these alternate products and IP. I don't believe they are "identical" they may have the same nutritional components but so do zuchinni and broccoli as far as what they do and the hidden things they are still different. I don't want to lose out on some hidden item or proprietary thing that is not required to be noted by the FDA to save a couple dollars.. it isn't my concern.. Please note I am in no way telling others what to do or judging them if they need or choose to do differently than me. I LOVE freedom of choice. Thank you for the pricing info! Mine are about the same. I pay 28 a box and 4 per packet. Your ranch salad sounds great!! I am just sitting down for a snack and making the broccoli cauli bake with IP chicken soup that was suggested!

If you are no longer hungry you have gone into what my coach calls the "pocket" it means you are entering a steady state of ketosis so, the hunger goes and the cravings get really mild if at all! YEAH, you did it!! Just don't cheat now and that state continues. I actually had to start using an alarm to remind myself to eat! LOL
Old 01-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilylouwho View Post
Hi all! I've just started week 2 and I am down 6 lbs! I was so excited when the scale started to move Just wondering if anyone has insight on exercising? My consultant didn't say anything to me about it, but I've read/heard that you shouldn't (though I'm not sure why). Thanks!
Welcome Lilylouwho! Looks like you are off to a good start! The reason many coaches are giving for why NOT to exercise is, it will require you body to need more calories and you are only taking in 800-1100 calories per day. Without enough calories and in a state of ketosis, when you have no free sugars in your blood and no glycogen/glucagon stores, your body can quickly start to utilize its own muscle as a protein source. This can be dangerous for some. At best is causes a loss of muscle, reduced metabolism, starvation mode and at worst it can cause kidney problems and loss of heart muscle. Exercising is not bad but should be done under the advise of a coach and/or dr and should have modifications made to your program to accommodate the exercise. You are permitted light walking and activities that do not dramatically raise your heart rate or leave you winded.

I am not a dr or coach so, take my advice for what I have been told and speak with your doctor or coach if you choose to move forward and add the exercise.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #55  
Simplymar

Height: 5ft 4

Wow so much info to read since I've been on last.
Thanks for all the excellent ideas.
I had my 13 week weigh in this morning and lost another 1.8 for a total of 52.4.
At this rate I'll be to goal for end of May. Really hope it doesn't slow down.
congrats everyone on their weight loss to date.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #56  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
@wagnomore
A neat recipe I have done with Tilapia: broil in oven with lemon and grape seed oil with sea salt and cracked pepper. I could actually eat that every day. And 7oz is alot of fish!

I hate fish but this recipe sounds amazing, this and turnip fries I thinks whats for dinner. I don't even know how to cook fish. How long do you leave it under the broiler?
Just keep it under the broiler til white and flaky..it won't take even 10 minutes. I too HATE any fish that's real fishy - but I just bought today in bulk individually frozen tilapia.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #57  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

@ showgirlaz...

Thanks for your insight... I live in western South Dakota. Would be thrilled to have a buddy from this forum. That's great the herbal tea can count for part of our liquid. My coach is helpful - but when I am traveling I usually go in every 2 weeks. This site has taught me so much more.

Those of you just starting out...stay strong for the first 3 days and the hunger goes away. When I first started the salads seemed oh so blah without all the goodies - but now I love to put the grapeseed oil and just salt and pepper. Grapeseed is much milder with no aftertaste and helps you from becoming plugged.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #58  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Showgirlaz -- My clinic charges $27 per box of 7 packets ($4 per individual packet), except the premade shakes are $28 for a box of 6 ($4.75 per individual). I don't remember how much our supplements were, but I think around $20 a bottle.

Our clinic charges the same for restricted and non-restricted items. We were actually encouraged by our coach to sprinkle in some restricted items here and there, and it seems to be working well for us so far (my boyfriend's down 11 lbs and I'm down 8 in two weeks, and we've each lost about 2 more pounds in the past few days, unofficially). We've decided to continue this way and if we seem to hit a road block at some point we'll back off of the restricted (he eats one every day, I have one about every other day). For now, though, it's making it easier to get through the day, since they tend to be more filling, especially as a lunch item, and they're more on-the-go. We're both special education teachers and are on our feet all day long (literally... I sit maybe 20 min all day), sometimes getting only 15 minutes to eat and with 6-7 hours between lunch and dinner most days. Yesterday, I had 5 min to eat AND set up between groups, so I had a bar, then didn't get to eat my veggies and salad until 2:30 (my Friday schedule is TERRIBLE). The bar was holding me over so well that I didn't even want to eat at that point!

That said, we are very strict about the rest of our diet. We only eat approved veggies, we weigh and measure everything, and I drink over 100 oz of water per day (my boyfriend is just hitting 64 oz). We can't help but get on the scale in the morning (it's always the lowest then!) and the afternoon (at the time when we weigh in), and we've lost weight, even if a fraction of a pound, every day.

The thing that I love about this diet is that even though we're advised differently, and we're all doing the diet a little bit differently, everyone is losing! There's a way to make it work for you and your life, and it's become such a routine for us now that it's actually kind of nice to not really have to think about what I'm going to have for breakfast and lunch; everything is taken care of. It's so great to see and feel the effects of all the hard work that we've put in so quickly!

p.s. sorry this was so long... I think all of your posts have inspired me
Old 01-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #59  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

is sugar free jello legal?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #60  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Oh, and a tip on the water. I have a Camelbak water bottle, which is PBA free and has a spout that you can suck the water through (like a straw). Because it's so convenient (you flip the top open and drink), I find myself drinking a lot more than when I just drink out of a glass. I've always loved and drank water, but since getting this bottle last summer, my water consumption greatly increased. I have a 24 oz. bottle, and I bought it from EMS (and a replacement at Dick's after I lost the first one) for about $14. When I'm at work, I bring two back up 24 oz bottles (aluminum Sigg-style ones, also PBA free) and replenish my water in the Camelbak as needed. I usually get in all 72 ounces before the school day is even over!
Closed Thread