Ideal Protein Diet Chat - Week of January 22 to ??

You're on Page 19 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Not sure about this I have not read any posts where others have done this so I suggest asking your coach what they think. Let us all know because now I am curious.
    Thanks mepeterson for responding to my question, I took your advice and called my coach today......She told me that it is okay for me to replace my social meal with another packet, and I WILL have a big difference(positive) in weight loss!
    But if i I continue to go with out any animal protein through out phase 1 I will need to ease into animal protein on Phase 2. Phase 2 requires that you have two meals a day with animal protein.... I would have to start on one meal a day with animal protein!
    So I am a little nervous about trying it but I would like to loose as much weight as quickly as possible... So i think i will try it for one week starting next week and let you know if there is any major differences!
  • Phase I and WF
    For those of you "experts" on Phase 1, do you know if vegetable (pre-made) stock is allowed? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, sometimes my coach doesn't know as much info as I find on this site!

My other question is if anyone has tried WF Peanut spread? Is it allowed on Phase 1 and is it any good. I understand that it's not like regular PB, but it sounds good enough to spread in my celery! How about the WF mayo? Anyone tried that? Thought that might be good for making my own tartar sauce. I'm a bit of a condiment addict if you can't tell!

As always thanks for all the good info!
  • Does anyone know how much shipping is through newlifestylediet.com? I was going to order the shakes from there, but they won't tell me how much shipping is without putting in my credit card info, which I don't like. I was going to order one case of shakes, about $65 dollars (I don't know how they determine shipping costs). Thanks!!
  • Just had my weigh and lost 3.75 lbs again! Hurrah!

Week 1 - 8.75
    Week 2 - 3.75
    Week 3 - 3.75

Has anyone noticed that food starts to taste different? I'm noticing that I'm starting to like my veggies with less and less seasoning.
  • Quote: My coach told us to use Listerine strips; she said it was the only thing we were allowed to use, so it should definitely not affect your weight loss (it hasn't affected my boyfriend's or mine, anyway). Now that I am really in the thick of ketosis and my breath is SUPER intense (I remember reading the posts about it, but I didn't believe it until I smelled it!), the strips are a very temporary solution. I also have a travel-size bottle of mouthwash at work that I bring with me when I go to the restroom to "freshen up" (I'm a teacher, so I spend a lot of time face to face with kids during the day, and I don't want any comments about the breath!). This has been working so far for me.

My coach allows sugar free gum in moderation. I bought the "spry" gum which has the lowest amounts of sugar, sugar alcohol and carbs besides "Stride" on market (that I've found) The listerine strips and breath sprays don't list the amounts of sugar or sugar alcohol so am leery of using them. I did however find a breath mint that has zero carbs and sugar alcohol with minimal calories - Dentyne breath mints. They are quite tasty and are a quick fix!
    For an alternative, I bought fresh mint leaves and fennel seeds and will chew on them throughout the day. They deodorize your breath naturally and tend to last longer then the candy.
  • Quote: Just had my weigh and lost 3.75 lbs again! Hurrah!

Week 1 - 8.75
    Week 2 - 3.75
    Week 3 - 3.75

Has anyone noticed that food starts to taste different? I'm noticing that I'm starting to like my veggies with less and less seasoning.
    I have noticed that my food is starting to taste different and I can eat my veggies plain! Who woulda thought?
  • Quote: Does anyone know how much shipping is through newlifestylediet.com? I was going to order the shakes from there, but they won't tell me how much shipping is without putting in my credit card info, which I don't like. I was going to order one case of shakes, about $65 dollars (I don't know how they determine shipping costs). Thanks!!
    I ordered the free samples(4) and the shipping was 10.50, but I think I got it expedited. And if I remember correctly, you can put in all your info, calculate shipping, and then just sign out before you place the final order.
  • Quote: For those of you "experts" on Phase 1, do you know if vegetable (pre-made) stock is allowed? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, sometimes my coach doesn't know as much info as I find on this site!

My other question is if anyone has tried WF Peanut spread? Is it allowed on Phase 1 and is it any good. I understand that it's not like regular PB, but it sounds good enough to spread in my celery! How about the WF mayo? Anyone tried that? Thought that might be good for making my own tartar sauce. I'm a bit of a condiment addict if you can't tell!

As always thanks for all the good info!
    We all(almost all) began cooking our veggies in chicken or veggie broth, with no ill effects. They have something like 5 cals per 8 oz. and no-1 carb. Sure makes a difference. I made my leek soup with it always.

As for the WF....that is a matter of taste. I've only ever heard of 1 person who liked the PB, or almost any of the dressings, including Mayo. Good Luck!
  • Weigh in
    Well, I weighed in today and am down 2.3 lbs for a total of 15.1 since Jan 7. Amazing! I have never had such results with any other plan.
  • hi there, someone was asking about the broth - there was alot of discussion on this site in previous months. most of us have been told we can use it. i asked directly to the IP rep who presented the diet and they said we could. the WF products...most of us are not big fans. i bought the peanut butter, and threw it out. no, i could not even eat it on celery. the ketchup was worse. i can use the odd salad dressing but only when i mix it with my own ingredients. i heard the mayo was terrible, but because i had been so disappointed with the PB, brushetta, dressings, ketchup...etc. i did not want to waste any more money on the purchase. i too like condiments, and if you look on the recipe site, there are several listed there. i should mention, i have had one success with the WF product and that is the BBQ sauce. but yet i still add worchestire and garlic to it. but everyone has their own opinions, but this seemed to be widely shared at one point.
  • Quote: Just had my weigh and lost 3.75 lbs again! Hurrah!

Week 1 - 8.75
    Week 2 - 3.75
    Week 3 - 3.75

Awesome job. Looks like we started about the same time!

I have totally notice food tastes different. I love the taste of the veggies plain now! The first week I was using more soy sauce, sea salt, pepper or other spices. Now it is just a little sea salt and I am good to go. Even on the salads, I use the WF dressings (Bacon Ranch is the best) and am using less and less. Today was none at all and I was delighted at the wonderful it tastes. I have also noticed this with the meat and the packets. Okay, everything just tastes better and I enjoy "tasting" what I am eating!!!!
  • Thank you for the info on stocks and the comments on WF products. My coach said nothing about stocks, but now I'm thrilled to use them! I have tried several of the dressings and have to add my own ingredients too. I ordered the BBQ sauce as I heard it was amazing. I also like the whip cream. The ketchup is the sickest thing I've ever tasted and I broke down and bought the reduced sugar ketchup and use it sparingly. I also use a ton of dijion mustard!
    I have looked at a lot of the recipes, but am sometimes unclear if they are phase 1 friendly. Is the ketcup recipe okay for phase 1?
  • Quote: We all(almost all) began cooking our veggies in chicken or veggie broth, with no ill effects. They have something like 5 cals per 8 oz. and no-1 carb. Sure makes a difference. I made my leek soup with it always.

As for the WF....that is a matter of taste. I've only ever heard of 1 person who liked the PB, or almost any of the dressings, including Mayo. Good Luck!

In regards to the Walden Farms dressings. I have had them before IP and thought they were just horrible. They seemed very watery and like nothing. They sort of are....nothing. BUT, on this plan and especially in the beginning, I needed something to get through the salads because I used to like them very moist with some viniagrette or ranch. There is little alternative unless you make your own and I knew I would not do that. So I bought a WF dressing that was NOT a ranch or viniagrete type flavor and kept an open mind. While it was not anything like what I was used to, it was good! I started with a drizzle and then would dip each bite if I needed something else. I eventually moved on to a Bacon Ranch to taste and was surprised that I liked that as well.

I have not tried any of their other products. I am going to guess if you are looking to use them as a replacement for a particular taste, you may be disappointed like many other people here. But if you try them as something new, you may be surprised. I was.

I am using less and less of the dressing for my salads preferring them with seasalt and pepper only, but I carry it with me for my lunch salads in case I need some spice/change/different flavor.

But, yes, a matter of taste.
  • Quote: ok so I had a total meltdown today and did not make good choices. I had to go out of town for work and went to a town that has one of my favorite food places so we stopped for lunch. I could have made a great choices but instead for some reason I chose to have no will power and ordered what I always order when I go there. I had fried chicken and jo jo's with ranch. It was so yummy and I only feel slighly guilty. I know that while on phase1 we should not "stray" from the diet and when we have many of us have planned it. But I also know that I will not eat three packets a day forever and there are going to be those times when I indulge. So I will march forward with my head held high and continue my week with iron will. I will get back on that horse and continue my battle against the bulge.
    I have no idea what jo's jo's are, but the whole thing sounds tasty!

And you are right...hold your head high and march forward. I am choosing to see these events as part of life. Okay, not the best choice, but hey, make a better one next time! There will be something along the way to make it "click" for you and guide you to make a different choice next time.

I went to my favorite restaurant tonight (or rather, fav type of food) and ended up bringing in my own food to eat. I have no idea where that will power came from or why I didn't indulge...or why I chose to take the kids there in the first place knowing my weakness. I just did, didn't think about it, then sort of did my own internal happy dance later.

Have an awesome week...you can do it!!!
  • Quote: My coach allows sugar free gum in moderation. I bought the "spry" gum which has the lowest amounts of sugar, sugar alcohol and carbs besides "Stride" on market (that I've found) The listerine strips and breath sprays don't list the amounts of sugar or sugar alcohol so am leery of using them. I did however find a breath mint that has zero carbs and sugar alcohol with minimal calories - Dentyne breath mints. They are quite tasty and are a quick fix!
    For an alternative, I bought fresh mint leaves and fennel seeds and will chew on them throughout the day. They deodorize your breath naturally and tend to last longer then the candy.
    Regarding the breath....I know my tastes bad/seems bad. It is getting annoying....but is it really bad to others? It is just me and the kids and they haven't said a word, but they are boys and I doubt they care or notice. Anyone with a spouse or someone close that can give the final verdict?

Is it really bad breath to SMELL or just a bad taste in our mouth?