Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #196  

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
I was wondering the same thing. although I know Lilita is on vacation. se's having fun. Did Torchlaker say she was going anywhere?
They didn't lose the thread, did they?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #197  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtvan View Post
My coach said it is to keep my metabolism up.....EVERYONE they work with is encouraged to eat 4 a day! No wonder why I was having trouble squeezing everything in! It seems to be working so I won't complain (down 6# this week!) Anyway thanks for your views...I was really confused! I actually didn't have my afternoon snack today and I was STARVING! No wonder why some of you are having so much trouble! Thanks!

My cousin did this program with another coach and they are recommended to have 4 packets at day for Phase 1. She had fantastic results.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #198  

To all those buying stuff from Rite Aid:
--the one closest to me is closing and they are having a liquidation sale next week. I am told it will be 50-90% off everything in the store, they aren't shipping inventory to other stores until AFTER the sale.
--are these the Lindora bars/food you all are getting there?

IF I can find them and get them for silly low prices, I will try and will be happy to sell them to you all. I will let you know. 50-90% off seems like a deal, right?

Went for week 3 weigh in. Turns out my week 1 and week 2 losses weren't as a I remember (still the same total). Got it straight now. I was sure I wouldn't see a great change in the scale this week because of the monthly, however it DID change. I FEEL smaller than 3lbs though and really wanted something to do my measurements. They do them monthly, so something to look forward to next week. The pants I wore on day 1-- I can pull them off without buttoning (with effort). Next week I hope these pants won't stay on!

I also went and bought 2 cup plastic containers for the fridge. I keep a container of lettuce for easy lunch prep...now the 2 cup pre-cut veggies make it that much easier to grab and go! At least they look like it. They are all ready for this week.

For those concerned about food prep at work (a topic several months back b/c of co-workers responses)--I brought the cereal today (in addition to a salad). I had opened it and put in a small plastic container to carry to work. No mixing in the shaker, no packet to explain....it really just looks like some regular cereal. And it gives me the crunch factor (a needed difference in texture). I made it at my desk , ate, and then packed it up to take home. No mess, super fast for those that need that option. Glad I bought the cereal this week because mixing/heating/preping/answer all the questions about the soup was getting annoying!

I am slowly reading the book by Dr Tien. It is very good. The link was posted awhile back. Read up!

Good luck this week everyone!

Last edited by committed1; 01-25-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 191.5/170/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I can't believe how well this program works...went for my first weigh in just 5 days after starting the program - lost 5 1/5 pounds! If someone had told me you could loose that much weight in 5 days I wouldn't have believed it. I know it's mostly water but dang!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #200  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I had a MUCH better day today, the pain is much more in control, and I was happily following my diet again. I am also so impressed by all of your NSVs, you are all so inspirational and encourage me to continue and stick with this diet. I cannot WAIT until I get to the point where I can get back into my closet full of smaller clothes (I've been hanging on for the past two and a half years just waiting for the day)! I'm hoping at my weigh-in on Wednesday that the inches are finally coming off of the hips and thighs so that this can start happening!!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #201  
WyoPrincess

S/C/G: 226/208/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by elishatamar View Post
I know exactly what you mean about rewarding yourself with food, I had to come up with another way to do something that felt good. I love being pampered, so my first minigoal was a tossup between getting my hair done at a salon (normally I just go to a Supercuts or Great Clips, because they fit a student's budget) or getting a mani/pedi. Hair is a very... transitional thing for me; I remember I made a lot of changes in my life early 2005, and as part of a "new life, new me" thing I got the best cut and color that I've had to date.

I chose the weight for my goal pretty arbitrarily, somewhere that looked like it would be around the two month mark. I started out with 150 lbs, because that's such a nice number, but changed it to 155 when I took a good look at my roots. :-) And really, size-wise I'm almost at where I was when I was 150 lbs, so it's like I've reached that in essence. :-)
You're so cute I've decided that my goal should be a mani/pedi when I get to 180, at the pace I'm going it will be right in time for summer
Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #202  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Showgirlaz,
Your meatball recipe sounds amazing! Any idea how many meatballs you could have as a serving on Phase 1? I could do the math, but hoped you already have! Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #203  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

[QUOTE=showgirlaz;3114240]Hey there!

I don't see so much for mistakes! Cauliflower and broccoli are DEFINATELY allowed. The sugarfree jello seems to be a judgement call by your coach so, it may not do much damage at all.

I just downloaded and read Dr. Tran's book (OgDog posted the link a while back) and it's interesting what he has on his list of "Vegetables to Enjoy" (eat "an unlimited amount") and "Enjoy in Moderation vegetables". He doesn't use carbs as the count but uses glycemic index as the determining factor.
"Vegetables to Enjoy: asparagus, swiss chard, celery, chicory, chinese cabbage, cucumber, zucchini, watercress, endive, spinach, fennel, lettuce, mache (lamb's lettuce), sorrel, bell peppers, radishes.
Vegetables to Enjoy in Moderation: eggplant, broccoli, fresh button mushrooms, cabbage, sauerkraut, cauliflower, red cabbage, green beans, turnips, dandelion, leeks, soy sprouts, tomatoes.
Vegetables to Avoid: artichokes, beets, carrots, celeriac, brussels sprouts, salsify."

I'm assuming that those ones not on the list should be avoided - corn, peas, etc. This list is quite a bit different than the list I got from my coach - he does say that the list of ones to enjoy in moderation "some nutritionists disallow them; however, if you don't overdo it, these vegetables will not keep you from losing weight). Interesting isn't it??!!

As for the sugar free jello - I couldn't find any in my cupboard to check - if it's sweetened with Aspartame it's not allowed - it has to be sweetened with Splenda (sucralose). I think you can use Knox gelatin - it's a protein and has no carbs or sugar - sweeten it with splenda and use flavorings for taste (lemon, lime??) or rhubarb with splenda and gelatin makes a nice dessert.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #204  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Watch those moderation vegetables

I had my weigh-in today...it's been 2 weeks. I lost 5 within the last 2 weeks, but the inches melted off. 5 1/2" more. This is truly amazing plan...

I had mistakenly been eating alot of cooked broccoli because it was easy...also had a minor run in early in January with Tic Tacs thinking they were ok...in moderation maybe - box NO!

Thankyou everyone this forum has helped me focus more than ever
Old 01-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #205  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

levelheadedgirl (I think it was you) - it sounds like you are a candidate for the Alternative Plan - see below. It's the same #of IP packets but you add in a few "extras". My coach gave it to my friend who was struggling. You will, I think, lose a bit slower but it may be easier to stick with it. If yo copy and paste into word, it all fits on one page.

ALTERNATIVE PLAN - PHASE 1 - TO BE FOLLOWED UNTIL 90% OF YOUR WIEGHT GOAL IS ACHIEVED.

breakfast
1 IP packet
plus one group choice ( will list groups below)
plus coffee/tea with 1 oz skim milk
sweetener allowed

lunch
1 IP packet
plus 1 group choice
2 cups select veggies and unlimited lettuce

dinner
7 oz fish or 5 oz meat from select choice
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies

snack
1 IP packet

Compulsory
64 oz water
1-2 teaspoon olive or grape seed oil
regular IP supplements

IMPORTANT: only one choice from each GROUP is permitted per day. ALL THREE GROUPS MUST be consumed per day.

GROUP 1
2 slices toast ( whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multigrain, sourdough, stone ground whole wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain)
150 grams whole wheat pasta
150 grams brown rice ( not instant)
1 sweet potato, or small boiled potato
60 grams oatmeal ( non instant)
150 gram - 200 grams couscous
50 grams unsweetened cereal (bran, oat, whole grain or barley)
150 grams cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans)
150 gram corn

Group 2
fresh fruit ( example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150 g pineapple, 1 banana,200 g strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.
fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be replaced with another food group.

Group 3
1 sugar free yogurt
1 - 60 oz glass milk (2% M.F or less)
30 gram cheese (about 20% M.F)
120 g cottage cheese
60 g feta cheese
Meat, veggie, seasoning choices are the same as regular phase 1.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 PM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
I had my weigh-in today...it's been 2 weeks. I lost 5 within the last 2 weeks, but the inches melted off. 5 1/2" more. This is truly amazing plan...

I had mistakenly been eating alot of cooked broccoli because it was easy...also had a minor run in early in January with Tic Tacs thinking they were ok...in moderation maybe - box NO!

Thankyou everyone this forum has helped me focus more than ever
Whats wrong with cooked broccoli?
Old 01-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #207  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

First let me say, all of you are such an inspiration. I've been reading through the posts now for about 1 1/2 weeks and have been blown away by all of the successes. I really admire your strength and determination.

All of this makes me wonder...why am I still straddling the fence? Fear? Fear of yet another failed attempt; fear that I will hate the food; fear that I will get started just to stop b/c of some family pressures; fear that b/c I have 75lbs. to lose that my skin will be sagging and dragging; fear of success?

So, my questions for today are: (1) how did you get over the fear to try this? (2) what do you do or have done with the "friendly and not so friendly" saboteurs? and (3) for those that have lost significant weight (say 40+ lbs) w/out exercise, is your skin firm or do you now have a lot of excess skin that needs firming? And is that even possible?

Thanks so much for answering my questions and concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #208  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

Default Broccoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Whats wrong with cooked broccoli?
I was eating it at least once every day...1 c. has 5.8 grams of carbs and it's one of the vegetables listed in his book as to eat in moderation right along with green beans and tomatoes.

I also was eating alot of salads with the tomatoes.. I think I was just overdoing it with the higher carb veges.

I don't think there is right or wrong way, but at my last weigh-in I didn't have much movement at all in the INCHES department.

Before this forum, I also had eaten sugar-free jello...so maybe all combined is what is helping me now...just slight tweaks to my program.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #209  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
First let me say, all of you are such an inspiration. I've been reading through the posts now for about 1 1/2 weeks and have been blown away by all of the successes. I really admire your strength and determination.

All of this makes me wonder...why am I still straddling the fence? Fear? Fear of yet another failed attempt; fear that I will hate the food; fear that I will get started just to stop b/c of some family pressures; fear that b/c I have 75lbs. to lose that my skin will be sagging and dragging; fear of success?

So, my questions for today are: (1) how did you get over the fear to try this? (2) what do you do or have done with the "friendly and not so friendly" saboteurs? and (3) for those that have lost significant weight (say 40+ lbs) w/out exercise, is your skin firm or do you now have a lot of excess skin that needs firming? And is that even possible?

Thanks so much for answering my questions and concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
First - after you make it past the first 3 days you will immediately begin to see results...Those trying to sabotage you - remember this is a lifestyle change - not just a diet. Let your success speak for itself!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #210  

Hey Showgirlaz - How'd you do at weigh in today??

23 lbs left to lose before my birthday - how about you?
Closed Thread