Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #751  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Ok on day #2 today, yesterday was a little rough though. At night I'm ok but during the day I want to snack....hopefully that feeling will go away.

Byrdie09 - I hear you on the drinking!! I would usually drink every weekend, this is going to be my first Saturday where I get to watch everyone else I heard you can probably get away with a light beer, but I don't want to chance it yet. Good luck and the water with lemon suggestion is probably what I will be doing also!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #752  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Ok on day #2 today, yesterday was a little rough though. At night I'm ok but during the day I want to snack....hopefully that feeling will go away.

Byrdie09 - I hear you on the drinking!! I would usually drink every weekend, this is going to be my first Saturday where I get to watch everyone else I heard you can probably get away with a light beer, but I don't want to chance it yet. Good luck and the water with lemon suggestion is probably what I will be doing also!

alihal- if you need to snack, I was told you could, especially in the first few days with approved veggies. Also, you can have another packet if needed.

NO ALCOHOL!!! This will stimulate your pancreas, and our goal is for it to remain dormant until maintenance.

Have you read his free book yet? If not, it's very interesting and gives the whys on what we are doing. For me, I know what will happen IF I do something!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #753  

S/C/G: 217.5/201.25/120

Height: 5 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannb View Post
Did my weight this am... so for two weeks down 11lbs! WOW! I am thrilled!
This morning I took someone's suggestion and mixed the cappacino up, put it in my travel mug and added black decaf coffee. DELICIOUS!! I'm impressed!

Yesterday's lunch I tried a recipe suggested by my coach. Mixed the chicken soup in 6 oz of water. Steamed my veggies, broccoli and cauliflower, chopped them up fairly small, put them in a small casserole dish (fits in my toaster oven) poured the chicken soup over, sprinkled with onion powder, put a drizzle of oil on and kinda spread it around. Baked in the toaster oven at 300 for 10 minutes, it was really good! Kind of like an au gratin casserole without the cheeze...

Now to go have my butterscotch pudding for the first time!

Mary Ann

Old 01-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #754  
Started IP 1/19/10

S/C/G: 257.8/203.8/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post

Yeah! Watching everyone is gonna be hard! Yeah I would rather not chance it yet either.. Maybe in a few months for me! haha Good Luck!! I will feel sorry for us both!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #755  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzMa View Post
My Coach clarified a couple of things with her head office. Here are some changes she made to the list:
Green peppers are OK. RAW or COOKED.
Also, Green cabbage is OK. It is actually lower in carbs than red cabbage.
Thanks lady! I kind of planned on eating them anyway!

I'm doing the To Go so I don't have a coach I go see every week. There is a lady I can call, but quite frankly, I wasn't thrilled with her the first time we chatted about the program. So, basically, I am counting on my best friend who lives across the country and you all to help me through this program. Thanks in advance!

By the way, day three and things are going alright. I had a horrible headache yesterday, but today so far it is just mild. I am going to try making the chicken soup/veggie casserole dish someone posted a ways up (so sorry I can't remember who it was). Hope it is good! I had the Jelly last night, and it had a wierd after taste to me. Don't think I will be ordering that one again. But love the Pina Colada like everyone else!!

J
Old 01-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #756  
Started IP 1/19/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmom5 View Post
alihal- if you need to snack, I was told you could, especially in the first few days with approved veggies. Also, you can have another packet if needed.

NO ALCOHOL!!! This will stimulate your pancreas, and our goal is for it to remain dormant until maintenance.

Have you read his free book yet? If not, it's very interesting and gives the whys on what we are doing. For me, I know what will happen IF I do something!
Where do you get his free book from?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #757  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie09 View Post
Startin day 4! Things have been going so well. I am very nervous about the weekend though.. Im in my early 20's so I'm still in that going out every weekend stage and I know alcohol is not allowed.. I am honestly worried about overcoming this. My close friends and fiance know that I can't socially drink anymore and they are supportive but I still think its gonna be really hard passing it up. Especially since one of our friends birthday is Sat night and we are celebrating at the bar! ughhh I can't sit at home and be a loner because then I will just want to EAT!! haha.. Lose Lose situation here!
Does anyone have any advice or has anyone had similar issues?
I know how hard that can be. I am no longer of that age of weekends at the bar; however, there are still occasions where alcohol is a factor. Here is what helps me:
First of all, I have celebrated over 40 years to get me into the shape I am in now. So, a few short months (yes, just a few short months!) of sacrifice will get me back to health, feeling sexy and to my goal (which is why I am doing this) and I will be able to "celebrate" again.
To help me with the "no alcohol", I think positively: I can be the designated driver. I will drink Perrier sparkling water with a wedge of lemon or lime. I actually have this periodically just to add some change to my water (and I LOVE water and have ALWAYS had great consumption).
Another thing that keeps me focused on IPD is the science of it. It just makes sense to me and as long as I stick to the plan, the quicker the results will be; and quicker to getting back on "regular" food and drink (not the "regular" food that got me fat in the first place, but healthy food and extras in moderation).
I have also been reading the posts here, and like all diets, it seems that once you waiver from the plan and have "slip ups" it becomes harder to get back on plan and stick with it. So, I just don't want to put myself in that situation.
Sorry to ramble, but this is what I tell myself that has so far kept me in check. Also, by following this plan, I have not had ANY temptations or cravings yet which makes it easy for me to follow! So, hopefully that will continue!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #758  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie09 View Post
Where do you get his free book from?
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique28
Old 01-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #759  
Started IP 1/19/10

Fuzz Ma- Thank you I will definitely keep those things in mind.. I have also been telling myself I have had all these years to eat/drink what I want no its time to be a big girl and deal with what I have done to myself. Thanks for your advice!

Ogdog13- thanks for the link!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #760  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmom5 View Post
PRINCASS- can't wait to hear how they taste. I am going to have to figure something out for maint. and that sounds like a great option! I am already planning on using Almond Butter to replace Peanut butter, I read some of Dr. Tran's book yesterday. I'm very fearful about living in maint. world.
Just an FYI the shakes are the same pre-made shakes that IP offers. Identical, just cheaper. So I know I love them. I could just live on them alone! And a huge plus, I ordered yesterday and they've already ship and will be here a day earlier then they originally suggested. I'm loving the quickness!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #761  

The free ebook is http--www.trantiendiet.com-site-IMG-pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf.url.

I hope that works, I couldn't copy and paste.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #762  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

I had a mad craving for egg salad so I made some and ate it with celery.... Yummy! A little off plan because of the mayo ....but still low carb.

Keep your heads up...

Last edited by PRINCASS; 01-22-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #763  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
What did you buy from Lindora??
Princass, I ordered chicken noodle soup (as it only has 6 carbs and no chicken in it). Cream of Tomato Soup. And something else, dang if I don't remember what. Now it will be a surprise...LOL.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #764  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Ohh...Is this allowed? We used to have it all the time as one of the schools the kids went to was a no Peanut zone, but Almond Butter was allowed. I like it, but don't buy it regularly.
Almond Butter is NOT ALLOWED on IP. It has 5 carbs per 2 T.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #765  

I tried using the Chocolate Pudding as a shake and added 1 cup of water. It was a bit too thick for me and I'll try 1.25 cups next time and see if that makes it a little less thick.
Closed Thread