3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Diet Chat - December 09 / January 2010

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 06:13 PM   #31
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
THe one that I go to does have a LARGE amount on hand of WF products at the cost of $5 each & they are actually just down the road from you. It is Montana Chircopractic & Nutrition & they are located there by the Hilltop Gas station in that nice new building where State Farm is off to the right when you are heading up Hilltop.

And yes, thank you for the Scentsy scents, I am enjoying them. That is so cool that you will have all of these trips through Scentsy, you must be doing very well for yourself. And to be in Hawaii in a bikini...how great will that be!
OMGosh they are just right down the road. i think I will have to stop in and see what they have. i ordered some stuff on the WF website did no like any of it except the Thousand Island dressing. As far as Scentsy goes it really sells itself. Once people have it they always want more. Easiest job I ever had. Thanks for the info. Happy New Year

New Life, New Business, New Me
Melissa Peterson

New Weght after starting IP again in February 2011. Time to make the bottom ticker match the top again!!! Whoo Hoo

April Challenge 4/1/2011-4/29/2011
Old 12-31-2009, 07:44 PM   #32
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

I also am having trouble with the whole body image thing. I know I've lost weight, I know I look better when I catch a look in the mirror. But, I only felt chubby before - more uncomfortable with myself than really heavy - but that was almost 25 lbs heavier than I am now - and around 6 sizes difference! I guess because we've been looking in the mirror every day, we don't notice the big changes (except when we fit into smaller clothes) like people who haven't seen us in awhile notice.

Part of it is the way this diet works too - because you're losing fat and not muscle, you lose a lot of inches even though your pounds lost might not be that much. I've lost weight before and sure never noticed it on my clothes like I notice a small weight loss on this diet.

mepeterson - if you're going to buy any WF products, try the Balsamic dressing. Good on salad, good to cook with i.e. chicken, roast, etc. and good as a dressing on cauliflower. And hey...Congratulations on your win - way to go!

Have a Happy New Year's Eve everyone!!!

Last edited by Mom22 : 12-31-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:06 PM   #33
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

is it just me, or is there a big a** ad for Domino's with a picture of a pizza on 3FC home page? That's wrong.

Ahh, well. One day, Pizza......

Weeks 1-8: -19#
Weeks 9-14: Off plan mostly
Week 15: -1.6# ending 2/8
Old 12-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #34
Simplymar

Height: 5ft 4

Default Happy New Year everyone

So had my 10 week weigh in today. Down 9.2lbs for a total of 43.4

I have NEVER been on a diet that was this easy before. I made it through Christmas and completely stuck to plan.

Hey has anyone else heard that they are not carrying the BBQ chips all year round? I was told today so I'm ordering 3 cases or so. They are my favorite snack at night. Perhaps it's different up here in Canada.

To everyone just joining IP, the ladies are correct, this will be the last diet you ever go on. The only food I didn't like was the cold cereal and a couple of the drinks had a smell to them. Otherwise I love the food.

2010 is going to be a GREAT year for all of us
Old 12-31-2009, 11:14 PM   #35

S/C/G: 191/191/135

Height: 5'3

Happy New year everyone!!
Here's wishing everyone a wonderfull and HEALTHY year to come!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:40 AM   #36

S/C/G: 142.5/131.5/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Salad Dressing

In reference to the many inquiries about salad dressing, I've never tried Walden Farms. I've heard enough to know that I wouldn't like them. And oil and vinegar was getting old quick. So I tried Wishbone Salad Spritzers in Ranch and Caesar Delight flavors. I love them both. They have 10-15 calories, depending on which one you use. <1 gram of fat and <1 gram of carbs. All of that for 10 sprays on your salad. As far as I can tell, these have not slowed my loss, or caused any negative effects at all, and they sure make the salads more palatable! I think the ranch is my favorite between these two because I love ranch dressing. It has a true ranch flavor, not diet. It's just not thick and creamy. I will definitely try other flavors in this line of dressings. Hope this helps!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:18 AM   #37
Started IP 10/30/09

Happy New Year, fellow I.P.ers!!!!

This will be our best year yet!!!!! Good luck!. OK, it's not 12 yet here, but I'm sleepy. Good night.

One more toast to the new year.....Here's to all of us wearing sundresses this Easter or Passover.....I have missed that so much.

Last edited by echobaby : 01-01-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:14 AM   #38

I had good willpower today, lol.

My friends and I hung out for new years, they went to a pizza joint, got pizza, went to dennys and got pie, and had some good white mocha organic coffee.

I had...4 glasses of water, one of them had a lemon in it x.x I had to pull it out ASAP so i think I should be fine, and had 2 cups of decaf coffee with splenda =D
I think I did pretty good, even with all the temptations around me.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #39
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

way to go joshb keep up the good work. I was also tempted. we hung out at home with some friends and they orded in pizza and wings at 11pm plus they were drinking my favorite mixed drink ever. I really wanted a drink but chose not to. Instead I had a few cups of tea.

New Life, New Business, New Me
Melissa Peterson

New Weght after starting IP again in February 2011. Time to make the bottom ticker match the top again!!! Whoo Hoo

April Challenge 4/1/2011-4/29/2011
Old 01-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #40
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
I had good willpower today, lol.

My friends and I hung out for new years, they went to a pizza joint, got pizza, went to dennys and got pie, and had some good white mocha organic coffee.

I had...4 glasses of water, one of them had a lemon in it x.x I had to pull it out ASAP so i think I should be fine, and had 2 cups of decaf coffee with splenda =D
I think I did pretty good, even with all the temptations around me.
Way to go, Josh. You're doing fantastic. I don't know you, but I'm inexplicably proud of your stregnth. Here's to 2010!

Old 01-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #41
Starting IP January 2

S/C/G: 125/125/105

Height: 4' 11"

Default Newbie

Hi All,

I am starting my diet tomorrow morning and am very excited. Does anyone know if there is a certain amount of time you are supposed to wait or not exceed between meals? I was also wondering how I get the weight trackers to show up in my posts.

Thanks!
Heather
Old 01-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #42

Ok, I had a rough time of it from about Dec 23-28, then again yesterday. Today is a new day, a new year, and the continuation of becoming a NEW ME!! I have noticed over the last four weeks that I can move around more easily, have more energy, and sleep better. I believe my body does not like the effects of too many carbs, but they taste sooo good, how come that is?

Here's to a great 2010 for all past, present, and future IPers!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #43
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Good Morning! Just wanted to introduce myself, as I am brand new to the IP plan! Began my first day today and am so excited about the possibilities that this plan can bring! I made the appointment for the gastric bypass surgery, then saw this plan in my chiropractors office and figured what do I have to lose? As it turns out, over 100 lbs! lol! I have been reading all the posts and am so happy to have a support network out there that understands what I am going through!

Kris
Old 01-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #44

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Happy New Year to everyone and to the "newbies" good luck on your journey!!! This diet really does work!!!

Well here is my holiday story, did not really watch what I ate or drank over the holidays, had desserts, alcohol (Grand Marnier, Tia Maria, Baileys..all the really sweet stuff that I like) and managed to only gain 2 pounds. As I was 3 pounds from my goal that brings me to 5 pounds from my goal.

So the day before yesterday I start back on Phase I of the plan, day one goes just fine. Had a bit of a headache when I went to bed and at 4 am the headache was so bad it woke me up!! Hot and cold flashes, upset stomach, headache etc. Had an Advil for my headache, some sea salt and tried to get some sleep. Ended up sick to my stomach!!!

I then remembered how bad it was for me when I started the IP plan in the first place. For day 2 and 3 (the first time I followed the IP plan) I was very sick.... headache, sick to my stomach, very very tired etc. I had to come home from work on day 2 and stayed home day 3. After that for approx 2-3 weeks I had a headache every day but that finally went away. I do not know why I did not think this would happen again, wishfull thinking I guess.

I tried having some sugar in some tea and a slice of 100% rye bread to have some carbs, did not really help. Spent the day in bed. This morning I am a little better, just a mild headache.

As I am only 5 pounds from my goal, I am not going to put myself through that again. I was thinking that I might try the modified plan of phase I and see how that works out or I might just go to the maintenance phase and really increase my exercise. I do notice that I need to tone things up as I did not end up exercising as much as I wanted to, in the last month I was on the plan...did not really have the energy to exercise.

Any suggestions as to what might be the best plan of attack for me from this point on would be much appreciated.

Ogdog, I got the sugar free puddings when I went to the US this week, thank you for the offer to help me out if I could not get some.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #45
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Happy New Year to everyone and to the "newbies" good luck on your journey!!! This diet really does work!!!

Well here is my holiday story, did not really watch what I ate or drank over the holidays, had desserts, alcohol (Grand Marnier, Tia Maria, Baileys..all the really sweet stuff that I like) and managed to only gain 2 pounds. As I was 3 pounds from my goal that brings me to 5 pounds from my goal.

So the day before yesterday I start back on Phase I of the plan, day one goes just fine. Had a bit of a headache when I went to bed and at 4 am the headache was so bad it woke me up!! Hot and cold flashes, upset stomach, headache etc. Had an Advil for my headache, some sea salt and tried to get some sleep. Ended up sick to my stomach!!!

I then remembered how bad it was for me when I started the IP plan in the first place. For day 2 and 3 (the first time I followed the IP plan) I was very sick.... headache, sick to my stomach, very very tired etc. I had to come home from work on day 2 and stayed home day 3. After that for approx 2-3 weeks I had a headache every day but that finally went away. I do not know why I did not think this would happen again, wishfull thinking I guess.

I tried having some sugar in some tea and a slice of 100% rye bread to have some carbs, did not really help. Spent the day in bed. This morning I am a little better, just a mild headache.

As I am only 5 pounds from my goal, I am not going to put myself through that again. I was thinking that I might try the modified plan of phase I and see how that works out or I might just go to the maintenance phase and really increase my exercise. I do notice that I need to tone things up as I did not end up exercising as much as I wanted to, in the last month I was on the plan...did not really have the energy to exercise.

Any suggestions as to what might be the best plan of attack for me from this point on would be much appreciated.

Ogdog, I got the sugar free puddings when I went to the US this week, thank you for the offer to help me out if I could not get some.
Congrats, Ottowa, on getting so close to goal. My initial thought when I read your account of your carb withdrawal was that the sick to your stomach thing(the most recent one) was definitely due to the Advil. It works great most times on a really full stomach, but with light or no food, it just tears up your digestive tract. I know this from personal experience. Until I figured out what was common in my stomach attacks and actually read the Advil label (which says always take with food), I thought I had ulcers.

The scariest thing that happened regarding this happened to a coworker of mine about 3 years ago. He had a bad back, but wanted to continue working this one day and took 3 or 4 motrin tabs. An hour later they had to call an ambulance because he was so sick. Turned out, he'd taken them more than 2 or 3 hours since he last ate and his stomach ripped open(he had a mild ulcer before.) When he returned to work after surgery, he said his Dr. told him that what happened was caused by the Motrin, and to NEVER take any form of Ibuprofrin again. He said that it had been linked to stomach ulcers. From that day, my work has never stocked Motrin or Advil to give out to employees. We only have Tylenol and Aleve.

Could it be that when you first started I.P., you took the Ibuprofrin for your headaches? The amount of food in our stomachs all the way up to dinner is probably too little to make enough digestive enzymes to protect our stomach lining from whatever the Ibuprofrin does. I won't take the stuff ever again..even on a full stomach.

Elishamatar(I hope that's right)..Our pharmacist...care to add anything?

This is from, I think, webmd or medicine net:

Font SizeA A A Previous1
2 3
Next

ibuprofen Index Glossary

ibuprofen (cont.)

SIDE EFFECTS: The most common side effects from ibuprofen are rash, ringing in the ears, headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, constipation and heartburn. NSAIDs reduce the ability of blood to clot and therefore increase bleeding after an injury. Ibuprofen may cause ulceration of the stomach or intestine, and the ulcers may bleed. Sometimes, ulceration can occur without abdominal pain, and black, tarry stools, weakness, and dizziness upon standing (orthostatic hypotension) due to bleeding may be the only signs of an ulcer. NSAIDs reduce the flow of blood to the kidneys and impair function of the kidneys. The impairment is most likely to occur in patients who already have impaired function of the kidney or congestive heart failure, and use of NSAIDs in these patients should be cautious. People who are allergic to other NSAIDs, including aspirin, should not use ibuprofen. Individuals with asthma are more likely to experience allergic reactions to ibuprofen and other NSAIDs. Fluid retention (edema), blood clots, heart attacks, hypertension and heart failure have also been associated with the use of NSAIDs.

Reference: FDA Prescribing Information

Last edited by echobaby : 01-02-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.