Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #376  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Oh, MeghanO, oh, MeghanO, oh my!

You are our "star" loser and one of the best motivators on this forum and just because you had a slow down does not mean you let us down!

I know you needed to "vent and rant" and I'm glad you got it all off your chest.

I had been "stuck" at 185 for 3 weeks and now I'm "stuck" at 181 for the past 2 weeks. But I've lost 4 pounds in 4 weeks.

So I really think our bodies need to "pause" and catch up with themselves.

Imagine how many changes our bodies have gone through in every organ and tissue as we have lost weight. It's okay to "allow" a slow down. Think of it as your body slowing to catch it's breath (like a marathon runner) but know that your body is not going to give up (if you don't) because it still has to finish the marathon.
Thanks Lilita for you kind words. You are right, it is OK to have a SLOW week & a lb is better then I have done on other diets. The scale moved a little bit this morning & I am going ahead with the BOOTCAMP style week of eating this next week as I mentioned in my ranting post. And you posted about running your stairs, I did that the other day 20 flights with 15 stairs each. I did single & double stairs & it got my heart rate up in a HURRY! Who knew I had EXERCISE EQUIPMENT in my own home!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #377  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelheadedGirl View Post
Jordana - Nope I don't have a sister! I take it you must be in Edmonton too...small world! good luck on your IP journey!
I am in the Edmonton area - that's why I just had to ask, it sounded too coincidental not too
Old 01-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #378  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole75 View Post
Echobaby - Thanks, that is so good to know, did the weight come off eventually after your full cycle or no? I am the same way, I cant wait until the pack is gone so I can get my period and be done but because the low carb took my estrogen away and I havent had it in 4 months, theyll probably make me stay on it until I am gettin git reguliarly right? I hate this feeling I am swollen, bloated and down right uncomfortable from it and hte scale is up 4 pounds. Should I just go off after this pack? Tahnks for the info, really helps.

No, probably since they tested your estrogen levels and they were that low, you should stay on a while. Give it time, maybe it will resolve itself.

Quote:
To all you ladies who slipped over the holidays and are getting back to the program congrats! I found it wayyy more difficult to get motivation to start the second time around than in the beginning. I just has to release all the guilt and frustration I had towards myself for slipping and push through.
Everything you said applies to me, too. I am just now back to where I was before I went on Christmas vacation. I keep beating myself up for not buckling down sooner. But, hey....this is life.

Last edited by echobaby; 01-14-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 223/155/148.4/138

Height: 5'8"

Has anyone followed the advice of continuing to workout with adding a 4th IP pack or an egg to their day? I'm contemplating starting this regime. The last time i was following the protocol I did not workout the first week as suggested, then just lost my momentum and didn't have the energy to get back at it, so i didn't workout at all. This round i really don't want to get out of habit again because it is so hard to get back in, but I still want to continue the speedy weightloss. My workouts are quite intense, usually an hour spin class and I don't really want to stop going to them and switch to something less intense. Just curious of any people that have a successfull workout/IP balance.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Smile

Quote:
Has anyone followed the advice of continuing to workout with adding a 4th IP pack or an egg to their day? I'm contemplating starting this regime. The last time i was following the protocol I did not workout the first week as suggested, then just lost my momentum and didn't have the energy to get back at it, so i didn't workout at all. This round i really don't want to get out of habit again because it is so hard to get back in, but I still want to continue the speedy weightloss. My workouts are quite intense, usually an hour spin class and I don't really want to stop going to them and switch to something less intense. Just curious of any people that have a successfull workout/IP balance.
We were told not to do very much steady state cardio in phase I and to do resistance training and interval training for cardio - for example - on a treadmill - 5 min warm up - walk 2-4 minutes and then run/jog for 2 minutes and then back to a walk and then a jog again, etc. This ensures that your heart rate does not stay the same. We were also told only do it maybe 3 times a week for no more than 40 minutes a session.

As someone who has reached their goal, I can tell you that if I had to do it over again, I would have been working much harder on the resistance training so that there would not be as much "saggy skin" left to tone up.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #381  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

Quote:
Being a former SPIN freak pre weight gain, I understand how getting out of the flow can effect the momentum! THe spin classes that I took normally drained me when eating a regular diet but at the same time gave me energy, KWIM. I don't think I could personally take a spin class at this point, even though I feel GREAT. The calories in one egg or 1 IP packet will NOT fill the void of burning 350-700 calories during a spin class & when all you are typically eating on this diet equals 700-900 calories today. What about taking the class & keeping the resistance or cadence lower?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #382  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Has anyone followed the advice of continuing to workout with adding a 4th IP pack or an egg to their day? ...
LevelheadedGirl, I started working out at the gym before the Holidays (after I completed a first weightloss of 60# and phases 2, 3 & 4 on IP). I started back on IP for another 30some # in January after a few workouts and haven't (yet) added the 4th IP pack. My workout lasts only 30 mins (4 times a week) but is very intense (cardio and weights) and I can say that I am hungry and cannot wait for the meal that is right after!

With a first weigh in of -8#, I was quite happy with what the scale said. Hope next week shows good results also!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #383  

S/C/G: 223/155/148.4/138

ottawa - That's great advice. I always know i should focus more on strength training, maybe now more than ever! Maybe I just needed someone like you to tell me to do it, lol. My bf gets up everymorning and lifts weights, I think I will just get up with him tomorrow and go for it.

MeghanO - I know exactly what you mean! It's weird how your just so exhausted after yet you feel so good and clear headed and ready to take on anything. That is a super good point about the calories. I will take the class tonight and just see how I feel, it will be sort of an experiment and i will probably have to keep the resistance quite low.

SylvieG - An 8 pound loss is friggin awesome! way to go! that definitely proves that any level of activity on this program will give you better results.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #384  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
I too have fibro with chronic fatigue. I have not had any major flare ups (thank God) - but am so utterly exhausted that I am sleeping by 8 pm every night. Am hoping that this will go away as my body begins to heal itself.

Due to my IBS though, I have had to redo the type of foods that I was eating on the plan as I was having a lot of problems. Mainly anything with lactose/milk products or gluten is really reacting on me - so am now basically sticking with the cappuccino (or cocoa) drinks for breakfast, soy nuts for lunch and jello or pudding for snacks. While they are not 100% free -they are the lesser of the two evils and do not cause a major upset!

I also have endometriosis, and have had non stop spotting since beginning the plan. Spoke to my coach about this and she stated that we store hormones in our fat cells and when we start to shed the fat, we are releasing the hormones therefore causing slight to moderate spotting. Fortunately this is not a long term side effect and should only last for the first few weeks of the program.
Really hoping to not only shed the weight on this journey, but to heal my body from the inside out as well!

I actually have endometriosis too; how interesting! I was diagnosed with the Fibro and CFS at 16 and the endo at 18, when I was about 130 pounds and have slowly gained weight since (I'm 25 now). It's been very difficult to maintain or lose weight through exercising (and my less-than-stellar eating patterns didn't help either). This was one of the reasons I really was interested in this program; it can help me get back down to a healthy weight without over-exerting myself at the gym (and paying for it in pain and fatigue for many days after)!

I've been really worried about this endometriosis piece also, based on all of the posts everyone has been making about estrogen levels and the pill affecting their weight loss and whatnot. Fortunately, I take the pill continuously, so at least I won't have too many periods to worry about. We'll see how it plays out...

I'm glad to read that you've been extremely tired too (not that you've been tired, but that I'm not alone). I have been in bed by 9ish and asleep within minutes, which is actually a nice change, because I've always had trouble sleeping! Unfortunately though, I'm still exhausted the next day and all throughout. I'm hoping this will improve at some point.

Good luck with your weight loss and healthier living!!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #385  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Has anyone figured out a good way to mix up the pudding packets? The shaker works extremely well, but it's SO HARD to get it out of there. We've also tried mixing it in a bowl, or shaking it in a bowl with a lid, but it always comes out lumpy. We're using the shaker for now because it tastes better, but we'd really like to figure out something easier...
Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Ottawa....how great that you are at goal!! Been wondering about ya.....

Well, I woke up this morning...felt "poochy" - called the drs office to see if they could fit me in just for a weighin...so at least I have a "starting point." I was shocked that I only gained 2-1/2# over my "leave of absence." Boy, both drs. scales cannot be right! So, I decided to jump back in right away....I leave for St. John USVI on March 26..so it would be nice to have all the phases out of the way, huh? (my first-ever vacation alone....).

OK - I also bought turnips for the first time in my life today....but now I can't find the recipe to make them. Help!! I think I remembered that you peel them, toss them in olive oil, season and bake....(how long and at what temp?)

The next few weeks, I will be combining the IP products I already have with all the stuff I bought from netrition before I left....I would like to eliminate some of the bags I just took out of the car. I coldwashed the new jeans (they need to be hemmed)...they look so tiny...I can't possibly fit into those. They are wet right now...but I think I will have to grease my body up with olive oil to get them on (they fit a week ago). They must have shrunk, huh? One of the jeans is the kind that looks all ripped up....yeah...even at my age....(I wanted skinny jeans so I can tuck them into my boots....none of the snow melted up here since I left).

I FINALLY saw (really SAW) a before and after picture of me. My niece gave me a picture of my son and I at her wedding. I hate the picture, tho....(my son looks like a mountain man). That was July 4th...I went on IP 9/9. Then some of the firemen and their wives got together while I was in Cleveland...bought me a corsage. One of the pix on my friends facebook was me sitting talking to my husband's brother. First, I had to get over the shock of how much my brotherinlaw looked like my husband....and then I really looked at the picture. I looked happier and thinner...altho I still don't see it when I actually look in the mirror.

So glad there are so many newbies...and I am so glad Echobaby, Lilita, Ogdog, Mirazon and Ottawa are still here. Hello again to SylvieG...we have missed you. Levelheaded Girl - you are right. Today I don't have a headache or an upset stomach...so maybe I won't have all those awful symptoms again (speaking of....Ottawa....did your symptoms go away??)

Gonna go make my first IP dinner in nearly 4 weeks.....
Old 01-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
Has anyone figured out a good way to mix up the pudding packets? The shaker works extremely well, but it's SO HARD to get it out of there. We've also tried mixing it in a bowl, or shaking it in a bowl with a lid, but it always comes out lumpy. We're using the shaker for now because it tastes better, but we'd really like to figure out something easier...
get a teeny little wire whisk...available at walmart or any kitchen store for less than a dollar...perfect pudding every time!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #388  

Ottawa - I TOTALLY agree with you. I think I would have beefed up my exercise just so I wouldn't have this saggy skin....instead of just thinking the diet would do it. Even resistance bands or isometrics, or something....instead of nothing.

MeghanO....You are still doing great....and here is a great place to vent. Believe me, I was "venting" while in Ohio.....Here I was....off IP....feeling good....everything was "moving" every day.....and I was probably only drinking 16-32oz of water a day. I couldn't figure it out (still can't). Unfortunately, the "cost" of the program still interferes with my logical thinking. I am going to try to do some things different this time(fiber tablets, stool softeners....whatever). I think I felt lethargic because things were just NOT moving....and I felt good when things WERE moving. Just a guess here. Anyways, I am sure my son and his girfriend were sick of hearing about...."Why do I feel better NOW?" (I should have asked the nurse today....but I was enthralled with only a 2.5# weight gain and my new Clarisonic that I ordered...totally forgot).
Old 01-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #389  

Swilk - I use regular beaters to do my puddings. It was just too clumpy in the shaker. Never thought of a whisk!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #390  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
My IP "mixer" came with wire whisk that I DO NOT use when mixing the puddings as, I hate to have to suck on the whisk to get all my pudding out. The key that I have found is COLD COLD water. At work, I have a water despenser for cold water. On the weekends, I put 5 oz of water into the fridge in the morning & when it is that could I don't have any problems with lumps. I also use LONG spoons to get the pudding out of my IP mixer. LOVING the pudding right now. I use to double the water & drink it like a shake.
Closed Thread