Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Committed, my coach said that it doesn't matter what you eat when, just as long as you are following the program. A lot of people eat their dinner at lunch, for example. She also said that although you have to eat that third protein packet for the protein, if you want to eat it between lunch and dinner, that's fine. The important part is getting in the protein.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #287  

Princass, switching this from the FAQs page. Regarding Omega's for depression, did you start taking them because you were super emotional during pregnancy and found they did help with depression? Or took them because of pregnancy and still found it helped with depression. Sorry to be so nosey but anything that will help me with my bipolar-depression is greatly appreciated....especially when it is natural.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #288  

MeghanO, do you eat lettuce? If so, how much and what type(s)?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #289  
IP Start Date: 12/16/09

S/C/G: 145/124/120

Height: 5' 2"

Committed1 Glad you enjoyed the turnip fries! I didn't even think to have them with a turkey burger!!!

Here's a peak at my day:
8am 1 chocolate packet mixed in with my coffee (or an oatmeal with lots of cinnamon)
1 pm Stir Fry with veggies only and protein shake OR
Romaine Salad with WF dressing and Soup and some frozen broccoli thrown in
6pm Grilled Fish, Scallops or Shrimp. Turkey or Pork, I try to stay away from red meat. Scrambled Eggs or Deviled Eggs (spicy brown mustard and WF coleslaw dressing) Since they are so fatty, I try and not do that more than one time a week.
Veggies- turnips, asparagus, brussel sprouts, zucchini, cauliflower, collards, broccoli

I'm cooking for a family of 5, so the dinner thing has been interesting, my hubby and kids have eaten all of the dinners and veggies I make, and are very supportive (I do make them an extra side for them that I can't eat)! They love my turnip fries!

SIDENOTE: I just found Gorton's frozen Cajun Blacked Grilled Fillets can be used! This will be great for those quick meals or when I can't have what the family is having 100 calories per serving!
8pm Puddin' Time with my supplements!!!

When I need a snack, I grab 2-3 dill pickle spears. Check the labels!!! I found some with High Fructose Corn Syrup! I usually have 2-3 glasses of Celestial Seasonings Green Decaf flavored tea per day along with my water requirement.

MeghanO, Happy Birthday! If I were you, I wouldn't go off the diet, I would eat Atkins style to stay in ketosis, because is it worth it? You will know that answer to that. When I cheat, it's one little piece of cheese, and I am satisfied.

Mirazon I love the NSV sharing!!! Mine is to not have my thighs slapping together while walking, they were definitely too chummy before! Also, some pants are sliding off of my hips but refuse to go get new clothes right now. I may have to go consignment.

Lilita75, the forum party sounds great!

Heading to my weigh in a couple of hours, will report back soon! BBM4
Old 01-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #290  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Princass, switching this from the FAQs page. Regarding Omega's for depression, did you start taking them because you were super emotional during pregnancy and found they did help with depression? Or took them because of pregnancy and still found it helped with depression. Sorry to be so nosey but anything that will help me with my bipolar-depression is greatly appreciated....especially when it is natural.

I started taking it during my pregnancy then I tried to stop taking it after pregnancy and I realized that I was super emotional when I would try to stop taking it. So of course I've always related it to the O3's. Also, when I started IP I was advised that hair loss was a possible side effect and Valeryie (experienced IP user) told me that keeping up your O3 will avoid the loss.

I honestly think its worth a try....I of course would speak to your doctor 1st before coming off any medication. (On the website listed below has a list of some medication interaction).

Just an FYI there's several different websites with the studies/talk about the good O3 can do for someones health.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/omega-3-000316.htm

Just a small section from the website above...
Depression

People who do not get enough omega-3 fatty acids or do not maintain a healthy balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids in their diet may be at an increased risk for depression. The omega-3 fatty acids are important components of nerve cell membranes. They help nerve cells communicate with each other, which is an essential step in maintaining good mental health. In particular, DHA is involved in a variety of nerve cell processes.

Levels of omega-3 fatty acids were found to be measurably low and the ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids were particularly high in a clinical study of patients hospitalized for depression. In a clinical study of individuals with depression, those who ate a healthy diet consisting of fatty fish 2 - 3 times per week for 5 years experienced a significant reduction in feelings of depression and hostility.

Bipolar disorder

In a clinical study of 30 people with bipolar disorder, those who were treated with EPA and DHA (in combination with their usual mood stabilizing medications) for 4 months experienced fewer mood swings and recurrence of either depression or mania than those who received placebo. Another 4-month long clinical study treating individuals with bipolar depression and rapid cycling bipolar disorder did not find evidence of efficacy for the use of in EPA in these patients.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #291  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Yes, your body shape changes for the better on this diet! It does go through stages where some part goes "flat" like the butt before the rest of the body catches up.
I noticed the smallest part of my waist is changing location. It used to be right under my ribcage and now it is between there and the top of my hips.

I am an apple shape and my tummy is usually the first and last place I lose wt. But on this diet, my tummy is different from week to week. Some days it feels and looks flat and I am all "woohoo" and some days it sticks out more. I think that depends on which veggies I've eaten (broccoli anyone?)

Also, I've mentioned before that the calcium supplements make me constipated and bloated so I "lay off of them" every other week or so just to get things moving.

My siblings and I have noticed that having the pudding at night causes "good results in the bathroom" the next morning. Maybe it has extra fiber or something.

Also, Dr. Tran Tien mentions in his book that it is better to eat carbs in the evening vs. the morning. My IP coach (my sis-in-law) told me to always have my 3rd package even if I'm not hungry.

So even during the holidays when I was not exactly on IP I would still have an IP package before bed to give my body some protein.

I gained 2 pounds over the holidays and now have lost 4 since being back on IP since Jan.2nd.

Let's keep going, Y'all.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 219/217/160

Height: 5'2"

Hooray! Just did my first weigh in yesterday and....12lbs in 9 days!! I must admit that I don't think I have ever felt better! I think I am a little bit ketosis crazy though. Going out of ketosis is seriously one of my biggest fears! I think I am going to go buy some sticks this weekend just make make myself feel better lol. I'm not cheating or anything but I think I just need that visual reassurance.

I also started working out this week! Yay! I think I am going to go buy some radish's tonight, those fries sound amazing! Hope all you ladies are doing well I truly think that this forum is my IP bible not a book! If I have a question I know I can find the answer here and reading everyone's posts is just so inspiring to me.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #293  

Oh, clothes.

I had to go buy clothes when I had lost 10 pounds. I went from a tight size 16 jeans to a loose size 14. I bought them at the thrift store.

When I lost the next 10 pounds the 14's were falling off my hips. So I went to Penny's and bought some new 12's.

I've lost 9 more pounds since then and the 12's are loose on my hips and butt.

When I hit "30" pounds lost (one more pound!) I will go shopping and find out if I am ready for size 10's.

I have not been in size 10 since age 25 or so (I am almost 57.)

I realize that the clothing sizes have changed and that the current 10's are more like the 12's of the old days. But I'll take it however it comes.......it's a much smaller size than a 16. Yahooooo.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #294  

Princass, thanks for the time and the info. I wouldn't go off my meds, I have the bipolar stuff pretty much undercontrol but I'm just not real happy all the time. I'm not sad or depressed either, but I miss being happy and laughing a lot. Hopefully the Omegas will help with that!!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #295  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emichelle View Post
Hooray! Just did my first weigh in yesterday and....12lbs in 9 days!! I must admit that I don't think I have ever felt better! I think I am a little bit ketosis crazy though. Going out of ketosis is seriously one of my biggest fears! I think I am going to go buy some sticks this weekend just make make myself feel better lol. I'm not cheating or anything but I think I just need that visual reassurance.

I also started working out this week! Yay! I think I am going to go buy some radish's tonight, those fries sound amazing! Hope all you ladies are doing well I truly think that this forum is my IP bible not a book! If I have a question I know I can find the answer here and reading everyone's posts is just so inspiring to me.
Wait! It's TURNIP fries, not radish fries LOL.

Your wt. loss is awesome! It is a great feeling and this is the reason we have all stuck to it.......it works and works great.

from the Book of St. Lilita
Old 01-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 219/217/160

Height: 5'2"

HAHA Turnip...ya that's what I meant! OOPS! Yes, thank you dear St. Lilita
Old 01-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #297  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

I eat Romaine lettuce, maybe 1/2 c per day.

Are TURNIPS on the restricted list??? Because I am LOVING the turnip fries lately. How do you measure "hard" veggies? Weigh or a measuring cup? Which is more accurate?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 233/150

Height: 5'11"

I am always surprised at the different info out there, my coach said that I absolutely cannot work out while on this program because it will affect my results negatively and that we arent eating enough calories and working out could put us into "starvation" mode. Anyone else hear the same? He is a chiropractor with a Masters in Nutrition and exercise science. I was working out alot before this program and went to see him cuz my neck was hurting after i lifted weights (that led me to IP) but he then said I had to quit working out if I was going to do IP. Any thoughts?
Old 01-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #299  

Huskermom, mine told me not to exercise for at least 3 weeks until your body gets used to the diet. However, she said if you are already exercising, it is okay to continue starting day 1.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #300  

Okay y'all, don't knock radishes...radish chips (in the recipe section) are a nice thing too.
Closed Thread