3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Diet Chat - December 09 / January 2010

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 07:42 AM   #16
Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

I'd like to wish you all a very Happy, Healthy, Successful New Year 2010

Leenie
3FC Moderator

Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow."
Old 12-31-2009, 11:01 AM   #17
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Happy New Year Everyone. I am so excited to see the new me in 2010. My life is so blessed. Now I feel great I look good (almost great) and I could not ask for more.

New Life, New Business, New Me
Melissa Peterson

New Weght after starting IP again in February 2011. Time to make the bottom ticker match the top again!!! Whoo Hoo

April Challenge 4/1/2011-4/29/2011
Old 12-31-2009, 11:57 AM   #18
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default Happy New Year's Eve!

Crab feast tonight! So glad crab is on my diet. Yummers!

News: 2 of my co-workers will be starting IP soon. I have inspired them with my weight loss! I really didn't talk about IP at work, they are just simply amazed at how I look!

Which brings me to the subject of "body dysmorphia" a term that I need to do more research on. But I think I have it! LOL

I think it means that there is a mental disconnection between the actual appearance of my body versus what I think it looks like.

I am a size 12 now but lately I still "feel" like a size 16!

Yet when I was a size 16 I was in denial about how fat I was and I know I look a lot slimmer because everyone has noticed it.

When I look in the mirror I do see a smaller person but my mind hasn't quite accepted it.

Especially now that I "gained back" one pound (yes only one pound after all the holiday feasting) it "feels" like I gained a lot more weight. It "feels" like I gained 10 pounds!

My mind is playing tricks on me!

Does this make sense to anyone?

Sorry to go on and on but I need to get my head straight on this subject!

Comments please.

P.S. Don't get me wrong. I am staying on IP. Can't wait for the New Year/fresh start!
started IP 10/14/09
maintained 1/1/10 to 3/29/10
back on IP Phase I on 3/29/10
started 20 pounds by June 1st challenge on 4/1/10

Success is falling down 9 times and getting up 10.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:23 PM   #19
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Lilita-I feel the exact same way! Even though I am over half WEIGH to my goal, I still feel chubby. I never felt FAT at my highest, I felt as though I was overweight & chubby but, no, not fat. Now 33 lbs less, I still try on the larger sizes because that is what I know. I misssed one whole size in my closet, size 12 because even though the scale showed a loss, I was sure I couldn't fit into "those" clothes! Now I am thinner then I have been in at least 3 years but...always a but, I feel as though I am still heavy! I get compliments all the time now but I still feel like the same old heavier me! Does this make since?

Happy New Year!

Week 1-4 18.8 lbs GONE
Week 5-8 13 lbs GONE
Week 9 3.6 lbs GONE
Week 10 1.8 lbs GONE
Week 11 1.0 lbs GONE
Week 12 4.0 lbs GONE
12 week total: 40.4 lbs
34.75 inches
9.7% Body Fat
Old 12-31-2009, 12:40 PM   #20
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Lilita and Meghan, I feel your pain...

Even though I ate off plan my last 4 days on my Christmas visit, I only gained 2.5 lbs. But I feel like I gained it all back. People kept telling me how small I looked, but inside I just wasn't accepting it. And as I said in an earlier post, when I was at my heaviest(185)I was in total denial about my chunkiness. Yes, we have body dismorphia.

Lilita....CRABS!!! Oh, now I need to go out and buy some, which is going to be a pain because of the Rose Bowl crowds already here in Pasadena. Everyone may enjoy the game and the parade, but for us who live here, it's a once a year festival of frustration. There have to be more than 100,000 tourists out in the streets right now. But crabs!!!! My favorite!

Weeks 1-8: -19#
Weeks 9-14: Off plan mostly
Week 15: -1.6# ending 2/8
Old 12-31-2009, 12:47 PM   #21
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
Lilita-I feel the exact same way! Even though I am over half WEIGH to my goal, I still feel chubby. I never felt FAT at my highest, I felt as though I was overweight & chubby but, no, not fat. Now 33 lbs less, I still try on the larger sizes because that is what I know. I misssed one whole size in my closet, size 12 because even though the scale showed a loss, I was sure I couldn't fit into "those" clothes! Now I am thinner then I have been in at least 3 years but...always a but, I feel as though I am still heavy! I get compliments all the time now but I still feel like the same old heavier me! Does this make since?

Happy New Year!
What scares me about it is that my "fat" self will want to win and come back!

I am still finding clothes in my closet that are too big. I thought I had thrown everything out but I must have held on to a few "just in case."

I did look up "body dysmorphia" and I do not have that. Whew! It is a very serious anxiety disorder and I did not mean to make light of it.

But there is definitely a "disconnect" happening.

Another weird thing for me is how easily I can move around, get out of the car, get up from the sofa, etc. In my mind, it should still be a struggle and I am surprised that I can do these things so easily without going "uhhh" each time. LOL.

I am going to join my local gym. It is only a few blocks away from my home. I think that by taking eastern exercise classes (yoga, tai chi) I will start to "feel" my body more and get more comfortable with it.
started IP 10/14/09
maintained 1/1/10 to 3/29/10
back on IP Phase I on 3/29/10
started 20 pounds by June 1st challenge on 4/1/10

Success is falling down 9 times and getting up 10.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #22
mepeterson

Ladies I feel your pain. I did a little shopping after the holidays and went the the larger sizes of clothes and was surprised when they did not fit. The lady at the store was looking at me a little funny since she helps me everytime I go in there and she said "umm i don't think those are gonna fit you anymore you look great" I tried to smile and say thank you but as I was undressing in the mirror in the change room I kept looking and thinking gosh i still look huge. I fit into clothes that I have not been able to fit into in about 4 yrs or so. My coach says it takes a long time for your brain to catch up to your body when you lose weight like this. Every once in a while I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think I do look good. I simply try to stay away from looking at myself as much as possible.
I am also having a much easier time moving around. We have a 3 level house wtih lots of stairs and before I hated going up and down them and now I don't mind at all, if I have forgotten something upstairs I just run up them really fast and I feel like Rocky!!!
One thing that is weird for me is that I am craving foods that I don't normally crave. I am having a love affair with peanut butter right now. I am sneaking little spoonfulls here and there. i know I must stop but OMGOSH. I Never crave peanut butter. What is happening to me Ha ha.
So for dinner tonight I had my choice of going to any resteraunt I wanted and having whatever I wanted or staying home and having steak, asparagus, and stuffed mushrooms. I chose to stay home. We are gonna eat and play on the Wii (i am an addict now). I have made great food choices since christmas minus the occasional peanut butter spoonfull so I decided that I will go ahead and enjoy a few stuffed mushrooms. I know we can have the mushrooms but the cheese and sausage are a bit of a stretch.

I am going to mexico in less than two weeks now and I will be trying to follow the ip plan . I am nervous becuase I have no control over the food menu. It is all catered special for us. I am assuming that there will be plenty of seafood (yummy) so that will be good. I am going to just do my best. I keep trying not to feel guilty for making poor food choices every now and then. I also think I may like to have a few drinks while in Mexico on the beach and part of me says just do it but part of me says no. OHH the choices.

Melissa Peterson

New Weght after starting IP again in February 2011. Time to make the bottom ticker match the top again!!! Whoo Hoo

Old 12-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #23
Started IP on 11/4/2009

Melissa, I didn't realize Mexico was SOOOO close! Were you able to find "summer" type clothes?

Week 1-4 18.8 lbs GONE
Week 5-8 13 lbs GONE
Week 9 3.6 lbs GONE
Week 10 1.8 lbs GONE
Week 11 1.0 lbs GONE
Week 12 4.0 lbs GONE
34.75 inches
9.7% Body Fat
Old 12-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #24
mepeterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
Melissa, I didn't realize Mexico was SOOOO close! Were you able to find "summer" type clothes?
I was able to find a few things. I dug way back in my closet and had some cute capri's I was saving to fit into again and I did not think that i would fit them but guess what Yippie for me

I also, in my shopping adventures, found a few pairs of cute shorts, and some light shirts. Now I just have to find a summer dress (sort of formal) for the beach night. Any idea's on where to look. OHH yea and I need a swimsuit.

FYI I am not sure if you like to shop at coldwater creek or not but I was just in there the other day and the enitre store is 50% off. I got some really cute stuff. How do you like the scents you chose for your warmer? I hope they made your holidays Scentsational.

Melissa Peterson

Old 12-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #25
mepeterson

MeghanO, does your clinic have the WF stuff on hand. The one I go to does not. will you send me the contact info. I have tried some stuff and I did not like it. And I know there are a few stores here who carry a limited supply but they are across town.

Melissa Peterson

Old 12-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #26
mepeterson

Default SOOOOOOO Excited

Ok so I just had to share. I just found out that I earned a trip to Hawaii from my Scentsy Business. OMG I cannot even believe it. In June I went to Banff Canada on a trip I earned ( it was amazing) I stayed at the Fairmont hotel it was like a castle. Everything was paid for and catered and I got to go see Lake Louise ( I have always wanted to go there) and I got to see the glaciers. Now I am going to Mexico (again with Scentsy) on Jan 11th, and I just learned I will be going to Hawaii in June next year.

I sell Scentsy as a part time job (extra spending money) but never thought it would turn into this. How cool.
I just had to share. By Hawaii time I will be in a bikini. Horrayyyyyyy.

Melissa Peterson

Last edited by Heather : 12-31-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: business self-promotion
Old 12-31-2009, 04:39 PM   #27

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey Peterson, congrats on your winning of the trip to Hawaiil...whoohooo. You go girl,.

Everyone else, you bring tears to my eyes. I SO understand the looking in the mirror and still seeing fat. The last time I remember feeling skinny was after a major depression and was almost admitted to a hospital. When does the brain catch up with the bod? I hope sooner than later!!!

Otherwise, Happy New Year!! Here is to losing the rest of what we want to lose in 2010!!!

To those who don't like the WF salad dressings, there are really good recipes in the recipes section for IP compliant salad dressings (olive oil, sea salt etc...sorry that it can't be no calories, but...., they are tasty).
Old 12-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #28
Started IP on 11/4/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
MeghanO, does your clinic have the WF stuff on hand. The one I go to does not. will you send me the contact info. I have tried some stuff and I did not like it. And I know there are a few stores here who carry a limited supply but they are across town.
THe one that I go to does have a LARGE amount on hand of WF products at the cost of $5 each & they are actually just down the road from you. It is Montana Chircopractic & Nutrition & they are located there by the Hilltop Gas station in that nice new building where State Farm is off to the right when you are heading up Hilltop.

And yes, thank you for the Scentsy scents, I am enjoying them. That is so cool that you will have all of these trips through Scentsy, you must be doing very well for yourself. And to be in Hawaii in a bikini...how great will that be!

Week 1-4 18.8 lbs GONE
Week 5-8 13 lbs GONE
Week 9 3.6 lbs GONE
Week 10 1.8 lbs GONE
Week 11 1.0 lbs GONE
Week 12 4.0 lbs GONE
34.75 inches
9.7% Body Fat
Old 12-31-2009, 04:46 PM   #29
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Ok so I just had to share. I just found out that I earned a trip to Hawaii from my Scentsy Business. OMG I cannot even believe it. In June I went to Banff Canada on a trip I earned ( it was amazing) I stayed at the Fairmont hotel it was like a castle. Everything was paid for and catered and I got to go see Lake Louise ( I have always wanted to go there) and I got to see the glaciers. Now I am going to Mexico (again with Scentsy) on Jan 11th, and I just learned I will be going to Hawaii in June next year.

I sell Scentsy as a part time job (extra spending money) but never thought it would turn into this. How cool.
I just had to share. By Hawaii time I will be in a bikini. Horrayyyyyyy.
You know, Lake Louise is one place I have always wanted to visit. Congratulations!!!!

Lilita, your mention of crabs made me go out and buy stuff to make a crab gumbo. I just won't make a roux and will try Thickenup(lowcarbu.com) to give it body. I'll be on cloud 9, but I hope my son won't be able to tell the difference. I'll have mine over "caulirice" instead of real rice. Actually, even though that sounds gross, caulirice has substituted pretty well so far. This may be stretching it, though. I'll let you know.

Weeks 1-8: -19#
Weeks 9-14: Off plan mostly
Week 15: -1.6# ending 2/8
Old 12-31-2009, 05:08 PM   #30
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Happy New Year!!!!
I hope everyone had a great holiday, I managed to maintain my weight over the last week but I think some of those sugar cookies I cheated with my come back to haunt me.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.