Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:19 PM   #211  
Start Date: 11/30/09

S/C/G: 149/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, Carla. Where in AZ are you? My coach is in East Mesa, and she is also strict. I wonder if we have the same one..........
Old 01-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #212  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Hi all,

Well I'm back and cannot express how much I missed this board over the holidays!!! I hope you all know how wonderful it is that each of you are willing to post and share the challenges and successes of your personal stories.

Like others the Christmas weekend was challenging (i.e. off program), but I got right back on program. I still have a long way to go, but have a lot of hope for 2010!!!

Welcome to all the newbies. You can do this, and you've found the perfect place for support!!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #213  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirazon View Post
Hi all,

Well I'm back and cannot express how much I missed this board over the holidays!!! I hope you all know how wonderful it is that each of you are willing to post and share the challenges and successes of your personal stories.

Like others the Christmas weekend was challenging (i.e. off program), but I got right back on program. I still have a long way to go, but have a lot of hope for 2010!!!

Welcome to all the newbies. You can do this, and you've found the perfect place for support!!
Welcome back Mirazon!! We missed you. It looks like your holiday slips haven't slowed your weightloss pace a bit. Congratulations.

Yesterday and today were my first days back as strict with I.P. as I started. Which actually is a relief. And I noticed it only took me 24 hrs. to get back in ketosis this time. Maybe my pancreas is already improved somewhat.

Whoever was talking about adding the chocolate drink packet to hot water, I've absentmindedly tried to make a lot of the hot items at work with the hot water dispenser on the coffee machine, and it always turns out lumpy. Not very appetizing, huh?

We just need Torchlaker back regular, and we;re all back on...Newbies included.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #214  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Anyone drink Starbucks coffee with the sugar free flavors?

I looked at the bottle...no sugar, no carbs, just sucrolose (splenda). These are okay, right?

Plain coffe, sugar free flavor and 1 ounce skim milk....anyone partake?

I do, sometimes. I think they're fine. But beware of the "reduced sugar" ones at starbucks. They are not fine for us. Good luck!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #215  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Hi Commited! I tried the cappucino drink and it was very yummy! I found that if I just added it to my coffee it went all lumpy. So tried putting in the shaker and viola! Was very frothy and a real treat! Did add a bit extra cold water in the shaker so that it wouldn't explode, so I did not find it to be too thick - just right!! lol! Not sure how it is in the carb dept though.
Shouldn't the carb count be the same....does coffee have carbs?
Old 01-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #216  

Day 5 completed here. How do you know if you are in Ketosis? I don't want to buy the sticks (because I will try to pee on them ALL THE TIME), don't smell myself (yet), don't think I have bad breath, and can slightly tell a difference in clothes, but not enough to know if this is my shrinkage or because I wore pants two days in a row and they stretched (hee hee).

Any other signs? I have been diligent and understand it takes 4-5 days. So if I don't want to buy the sticks and haven't weighed/measured....any other tricks or signs to know?

And just a side note: Tonight I made 2 different types of cookies and a cheese ball.....and never even got near licking the spoon!!! Whoo-hoo! But it was tempting! The real test is tomorrow when I have a party at my house (a cookie party!!!). I will stay on plan. It feels good to have that control again!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Yay...Mirazon is back, too! I am STILL in Ohio. My mechanic had bad news for me tonight. Says I should think about getting rid of my beloved SUV cuz of major problems in the engine. I SURE wasn't ready for that news. THEN my sons SUV died while we were out looking for ones for me...so he needs MY car the next few days. Will I ever get back to Michigan??? Mirazon, I like the way you put your weight.....admitting the gain, but not taking off the pounds that you originally set down as your last post. Once I actually get weighed in, I will do the same...rather than change my ticker.

Committed1 - I never used the ketosis sticks. The nurse told me not to bother because if I am following the diet exactly, I WILL be in ketosis. I may get them when I return home, tho....again, have to wait to see what doc says. Boy, if you can get thru that cookie party...you will be a hero!!

We ate out ONE last time tonight at one of my favorite sushi restaurants.....I don't even want to look at my scale. Altho it sure is NICE to "go" every day.....I have felt pretty good down here....not as lethargic as while on IP...but that won't stop me from finishing what I started.

It is great to have the newbies. I, too, find Applebees to be a good place to eat. I think I ate a steak salad there. Most of the time, if I cannot find something on the menu that will work (or I can't figure it out - I hate challenges...lol)....I just go for the salad making sure I add some type of protein.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #218  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Day 5 completed here. How do you know if you are in Ketosis? I don't want to buy the sticks (because I will try to pee on them ALL THE TIME), don't smell myself (yet), don't think I have bad breath, and can slightly tell a difference in clothes, but not enough to know if this is my shrinkage or because I wore pants two days in a row and they stretched (hee hee).

Any other signs? I have been diligent and understand it takes 4-5 days. So if I don't want to buy the sticks and haven't weighed/measured....any other tricks or signs to know?

And just a side note: Tonight I made 2 different types of cookies and a cheese ball.....and never even got near licking the spoon!!! Whoo-hoo! But it was tempting! The real test is tomorrow when I have a party at my house (a cookie party!!!). I will stay on plan. It feels good to have that control again!
Hi, Committed.

You're right...at first when you have the sticks, you will want to check them every time. When I was on Atkins years ago, and then again on this, I did for sure. But since they're only around $11-$12 per 100, and they are helpful to see if you're doing it right...maybe just for the first few weeks you could indulge...just a suggestion. After a while, you just know you're in ketosis because you don't want to eat everything (well, mostly).

Also, per your earlier post, no, coffee has no calories/carbs. But I think someone posted, or I read on Dr. Tran's website, that we should only have one cup per day....anyone else remember this?

Torchlaker: If you're going to buy a new SUV, now is the time to do it. I was thinking of it, as my car is a 1999, but since it's still running well, and paid off, I just can't see myself adding a car payment to my debtload.

Can't wait to have you back at home, posting every day!

Last edited by echobaby; 01-10-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 175/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up 4 days in

Well, I started the program on Thursday, and now I am on day 4. So far so good. I know we are only supposed to weigh in 1/week, but I couldn't help myself. My scale says I am 5 lbs down! I am not having a problem following program, yet. I actually think this is the perfect plan for my lifestyle lately: busy at work, hungry after work and don't want to wait to cook a proper meal. So the packages work great; meals in minutes! I have a ton of veggies washed and chopped, ready to eat. When I cook my meat, I cook enough for a couple of days. Today's supper becomes tomorrow's lunch. I have decided to eat my own protein (meat) at work so my co-workers don't ask a lot of questions if they see my packages and shaker. I find that people want to know what you are doing, but then they criticize the plan you are on ("oh, that doesn't sound healthy", "Ewww, packaged food", "I could never do that plan", "How much does it cost...I couldn't afford that", "That is so restricted, you'll just end up gaining all of it back", etc.). So, I plan to tell that them that I am just watching what I eat and exercising if they ask; for now. When I get to maintenance (which has always been my weakness on other diets...fall off plan before then), then I will "let the cat out of the bag".
Old 01-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #220  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Hi committed. I can honestly say I do not know why I posted that about the carbs in the cappucino coffee! lol! Maybe because it tasted so good that I figured it had to be high! lol!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #221  
Kris M

HI fuzzma. Wished I had followed your lead regarding work. I have been eating my IP meals at work and have had to field a whole whack of comments from the food is "space food" "alien food" "army food" and my personal favourite is "dog food" I tried to explain the plan but it always falls on deaf ears. Now that I simply have my large salad with the soy nuts added in and my pom drink - the comments have begun to dwindle. Wonder if once the weight starts to come off, if they will be a little more interested? (and supportive?)
Old 01-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #222  
Kris M

I also use the ketostix. I find it encouraging to check out how I am doing in that dept! Has been kind of cool to see the levels change from trace to low to moderate! Besides my clothes getting more loose, I am not sure what other signs to look for. Now that you mention the body odour though - I did notice that I am getting a little "gamey" throughout the day and have to reapply deodorant at work....

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 01-10-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #223  
Kris M

thanks for the tips on Applebee's. Funny that when I was eating regularily, I never liked Applebee's because 1) I thought the portions were too small for the cost of the meal and 2) I didn't fit comfortably in the booths!
Now those reasons seem somehow related! lol!
Will have to check them out on our next date night!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #224  
Kris M

Quote:
Now that is awesome self control!! FYI If you want to enjoy a cookie of your own at your party, there is actually a recipe for cookies using the pancake batter! Not sure who originally posted it, but here it is!

Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients:
2 oz water
1 packet sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 packages IP Chocolate Pancake Mix
1 Egg white

Preheat oven to 350
In a med bowl mix the water, egg white, sweetener, and vanilla. Add 2 packages Chocolate Pancake Mix and stir until well mixed.
Drop by rounded spoonful onto a cookie sheet. Makes 6 cookies (3 cookies per serving).

Bake about 15 minutes.

Cool on a rack. Then enjoy!

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 01-10-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #225  
Simplymar

Height: 5ft 4

Week 11 done and down another 2.2lbs
Total lost 45.6 in 11 weeks.

I've noticed some of the ladies are commenting on not eating the restricted item we are allowed every day. I have 1 restricted item every day. Love the BBQ chips & the lemon poppy seed bars. Can't imagine not having one every day. Knowing that I have a way to go yet to get to my goal, it's important to me that I enjoy all my meals so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

When I started 11 weeks ago I was totally counting carbs as I thought I had to keep it in the 20 - 25 range to stay in Ketosis. I have the sticks though and check every so often and I'm always in Keotsis even with the restricted item every day.

Keep up the great losses everyone. 2010 is going to be our year.

Last edited by Simplymar; 01-10-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Closed Thread