Height: 5' 2.5"

Link to Dr. TranTiens E-Book. Free download
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique28
Old 12-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #137  
Simplymar

Height: 5ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
Just something I ran across I figured I should share. Gives you the exact steps one should follow during all 3 phases from Dr. Tien himself.

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique27
Thanks Princass for the info. I'm finding it hard sometimes to get answers to questions I have about the program from councellor or their website
Old 12-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #138  
Simplymar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatime View Post
Yippee !!! Weigh in today - lost 5.2!!!! That's after 2 weeks of only 1.6 and .4 lost....I am happy with that....so that totals 27.1 lost since Oct 6...Hang in there everyone!
Way to go, that's fantastic news. I hope I have as good as results this saturday
Old 12-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #139  
Simplymar

Tried the BBQ chips last night. Really really like those. Definitely going to become a fav of mine as a snack. I really look forward to my snack at night.
Favorite dinner is steak with portobello mushrooms
Old 12-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #140  
Simplymar

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
Yes, I'm cold all the time. Used to be the opposite. Noticed it early on, when wyoming was still in the 50's. Not like the 0 degrees it is right now! But I just read two days ago that in tests they injected rats/mice with insulin and their core body temp went up. So I assume since we are ingesting low carbs our bodies are not churning out insulin...so we all feel cold. Just a thought.
I also feel cold all the time. Had to get a heater for under my desk to keep warm during the day and at night I bundle up at home in blankets and turn the heat up.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:14 PM   #141  
Start Date: 11/30/09

S/C/G: 149/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Well, my coach's scale showed a six pound loss at my first WI, a pound more than my own, so I'll take it!

I forgot to ask her about snow peas. Are these ok?
Old 12-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #142  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Just went and weighed in - lost 3.8 lbs so I hit the 20 lbs lost mark. Yipee!! that's after a challenging weekend.

was at my in-laws with a bunch of relatives and had a slice of pizza because there was nothing else to eat. breakfast worked o.k as I drank a chocolate drink - lunch was leftover pizza - had another slice because I was hungry. got invited to supper with carrots, peas, potatoes and roast - i couldn't sit there and eat all the roast and have nothing else so I had a little of everything. Then I had a meeting today over lunch and ate sliced meats, couple of cubes of cheese and celery sticks. Before I ate I took a carb blocker. I had tried them before this diet - they're called Phase 2 - can't remember the correct name but they are an extract of white kidney bean so nothing "bad" in them. bought them at Walmart - I can look up the actual name if anyone's intersted. You take one 30 minutes before eating. I will try to remember to keep them in my purse in case i'm stuck again. They're not a quick fix for sure but they might help when stuck.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia View Post
Well, my coach's scale showed a six pound loss at my first WI, a pound more than my own, so I'll take it!

I forgot to ask her about snow peas. Are these ok?
Congratulations on the loss!!!

I was told that snow peas, eggplant, brussel sprouts, palm hearts and wax beans were restricted to twice a week in phase one and two.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #144  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
Just went and weighed in - lost 3.8 lbs so I hit the 20 lbs lost mark. Yipee!! that's after a challenging weekend.

was at my in-laws with a bunch of relatives and had a slice of pizza because there was nothing else to eat. breakfast worked o.k as I drank a chocolate drink - lunch was leftover pizza - had another slice because I was hungry. got invited to supper with carrots, peas, potatoes and roast - i couldn't sit there and eat all the roast and have nothing else so I had a little of everything. Then I had a meeting today over lunch and ate sliced meats, couple of cubes of cheese and celery sticks. Before I ate I took a carb blocker. I had tried them before this diet - they're called Phase 2 - can't remember the correct name but they are an extract of white kidney bean so nothing "bad" in them. bought them at Walmart - I can look up the actual name if anyone's intersted. You take one 30 minutes before eating. I will try to remember to keep them in my purse in case i'm stuck again. They're not a quick fix for sure but they might help when stuck.
Do you think they work? Have you tried them while using Ketostix to measure?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #145  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
On another note:

I got a compliment on my wt. loss from a friend yesterday but when she asked me how much more I planned to lose and I told her " (see ticker below) she was shocked!

She said that it was "too much" weight for me to lose! Then she went on to talk about her ideal wt. and that she never wants to be "that thin" again. She said she would be happy to lose 20 pounds and remain about 20 pounds over her ideal weight.

Granted, she is "curvy" in all the right places and can even get away with staying at her current weight which I deduced to be about 30 or 40 pounds overwt. from her conversation.

She did not know me in my younger years when I was thin. She only knows me as her friend who has always been heavier than her!

"Well" I thought to myself, "it sure will be great to continue to "shock" her with my continued wt. loss." Cause, Sister, ain't nothin' stoppin' me now!

And when she sees me (early next Spring) in a pair of skinny jeans and fitted blouse with some high heels or rockin' boots will she say "you are too thin" or will her mouth just drop open? LOL.
Don't listen to these people. I find the ones working really hard to discourage me are the ones who don't want to face how much weight they really have to lose. My whole thing is, "If I've never said anything to you about your weight, and I don't even bring up my diet, why do feel the need to counsel me? I just say thanks and then ignore them. It's their problem.

Last edited by echobaby; 12-08-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #146  
Started IP 12/3/09

S/C/G: 197/184/160

Height: 5'8"

I have my first weigh in tomorrow and I'm starting to stress out. I have followed the diet exactly without cheating, but worried about the sugar content in some of the veggies. I just really want to have a good number or I feel that I will get discouraged. Wish me luck!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #147  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

good luck holly jo! don't be discouraged. i can recall my first week, and not really feeling much of a difference, although come weigh in day, results were pleasantly surprising. just remember this program is new to your system, so your body is not sure how to feel. as the first few weeks pass, you will become accustomed to knowing which will be the better, and shorter weeks. they do seem to vary, no matter how much you follow..best of luck tomorrow!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #148  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Do you think they work? Have you tried them while using Ketostix to measure?
I've never used the ketostix so I'm not sure. the carb blocker I bought is called MetaSlim (I bought mine at WalMart). They're supposed to be a "carb neutralizer & fat blocker, 100% natural non-stimulant". The ones I bought are in a capsule - phaseolamin, also called Phase 2 is a white kidney bean extract. I've read about them a couple of times in First Magazine and I tried them quite a while ago under the name Phase 2 but didn't stick with them. Maybe they just made me feel not so glum about not being able to eat anything and feeling powerless to stay on the plan. Especially since i hadn't cheated once.

here's my latest challenge - my husband and teenage sons are very supportive but the rest of my family hasn't said a word to me. they all know I'm on this diet and I've lost 20 lbs so you can definitely notice but they just don't say a thing - no encouragement, support or anything. Except a couple of times they'll slip something in like - oh you can't eat tomatoes on "that" diet or how are you going to go off a diet like that. After, I think of what I should have said but hindsight is 20/20. They heard some gossip and they'd rather listen to that than just ask me and because they don't say anything I don't get any opening to call them on their attitudes. Other people have said such nice things and I know I shouldn't let it but, it really hurts my feelings. i think it's just kind of mean. It's late and I'm kind of acting like a whiner. thank goodness for this group and the support you all give.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #149  

If you haven't tried the new IP cookies and cream bars .....OMG they don't even taste like a protein bar...very good! The soy puffs are great on a salad, like croutons.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:29 AM   #150  

Oh, and there are diet altoids in a small little tin with zero everything and .5 calories. They have sorbitol, but haven't looked that up yet.
Closed Thread