Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/135/135

Height: 5'2

I'm back! I see some of us didn't have a good turn out so far as weight loss after thanksgiving. I had only lost half a pound and that was not going over board with the food. I'm down 12 1/2 pound since Nov 3rd. lost 6 inches. I only have 18 more pounds to go... Yes thanksgiving was a setback but I'm doing good this week and hope to have a better week when I weigh in next wednesday.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #47  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

i really like the mashed veggies and soup idea, going to try that...

someone commented about the cold. this is really coincidental because recently i was telling a coworker that i am chilled all the time. i am usually the one who is overheated in the office. i notice it at home as well. i definitely am connecting it to this diet.

has anyone wondered if you could skip your evening packet in order to add an ounce or two of meat to your meal? most nites i dont require that snack, but i would love to trade it in for a little more meat. may be one of those things i test out and see how it works out. i try to limit red meats to once a week, and personally i find a 5oz steak quite small...but it is what it is!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #48  

Height: 5'3"

Default Weigh-in (35th day)

Well it's been 35 days since I started the IP diet, so far I've lost 18lbs, which is about 1/2 pounds per day and I've lost a total of 27 inches. I was hoping to lose more weight, but the inches make up for the pounds.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
i really like the mashed veggies and soup idea, going to try that...

someone commented about the cold. this is really coincidental because recently i was telling a coworker that i am chilled all the time. i am usually the one who is overheated in the office. i notice it at home as well. i definitely am connecting it to this diet.

has anyone wondered if you could skip your evening packet in order to add an ounce or two of meat to your meal? most nites i dont require that snack, but i would love to trade it in for a little more meat. may be one of those things i test out and see how it works out. i try to limit red meats to once a week, and personally i find a 5oz steak quite small...but it is what it is!!
I have done this as I do not end up eating dinner till approx 6.30-7 pm so I really do not require the snack (unless I am wanting something sweet and then I have a pudding). I try not to do it more than 1 or twice a week just in case it somehow makes a difference. I have been on IP since Oct 19 - 47 days and have lost a total of 21.3 pounds. Only 8.5 pounds to go to my original goal but I am thinking of adding another 5 pounds to that goal so I have some wiggle room when I change phases.

I was asking about staying on Phase I till I have reached my goal, rather than switching to Phase II at 80% and they told me I could if I wanted to, as you lose more weight in Phase I than Phase II. Has anyone done that or has everyone switched to Phase II at 80% of your goal?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Ogdog, OMG, Ogdog, OMG!

I just went over to the recipe thread. You have outdone yourself. I can't thank you enough for inspiring me to stick to this diet. There is life on IP.

Your BBQ sauce recipe says

"something magical happens in the fridge"

I say:

"something magical happens when Ogdog goes into the kitchen"

Thanks again!
You are very welcome Lilita! Again, if there is something in particular that you don't see that you want to see let me know and I'll do my best to find you an appropriate recipe.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
Hi, everyone. I just got back from my weigh in. Haven't weighed in 2 weeks and I'm down another 7.2 lbs. and 5.5 inches. A total of 17.2 lbs. in a month. I'm so excited. I've gone down to pants sizes. This diet is awesome!!!
Congrats chjsmom! Keep up the great work!!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:17 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optichick1 View Post
My coach told me that I can count any water that I use in mixing the protein packets, as well as decaf tea. That should help some. I'm starting my sixth week, too and I think I might start to walk some in the neighborhood. Don't want to commit to a gym.
I get really tired of the lettuce...I use WF thousand island. It's pretty good and that makes it a little better. The new bbq chips are good and so are the soy nuts. My favs are the vanilla peanut bar and the ready made choc. drink and the omelet. I like the stew and the chili, as well. They are all easy to add other veggies to.
Optichick, although it isn't calorie or ff, I have posted some delicious recipes online for salad dressings that use olive oil and cider or white vinegar, which do follow IP rules. Using those has helped me with not getting too sick of salads all the time. Hang in there.

Last edited by Ogdog13; 12-04-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #53  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

Ottawa, I know my coach said to cross out the 80% and stick to Phase I until 90% of weight loss is achieved... and I know for me, 90% is what I'm actually planning on keeping off, the other 10% I added on to account for water weight when I start eating carbs again.

As far as being cod goes... I'm already cold-natured, so maybe I'll just turn into a popsicle stick! One other thing to consider, though, is that a lot of us are probably getting less iron than usual (I know I'm cutting out a ton of red meat), so if you can you probably want to check with your doctor to make sure you're not becoming borderline anemic. Fair warning, though, iron supplements due tend to plug you up even more, so if your doctor recommends you take that, see if he can recommend anything to help you moving!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #54  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
...I was asking about staying on Phase I till I have reached my goal, rather than switching to Phase II at 80% and they told me I could if I wanted to, as you lose more weight in Phase I than Phase II. Has anyone done that or has everyone switched to Phase II at 80% of your goal?
Ottawa, I switched to phase II at 95% of my weight loss (tuesday) and my coach was not againt the idea... Would there have been more time before the Holidays, maybe I would have continued phase I for 10 more pounds... I find phase II harder besause I could rely on protein packets for lunch before... got to cook some leftovers for me now!

On www.trantiendiet.com, you can find that the recommandations have changed for the intermediate phase (2 weeks for phase II and III)... wonder if this info is more recent that what my coach told me?

Has anyone tried the new www.idealprotein.com website?? Did you have access to all the tools?

Old 12-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #55  
Simplymar

Height: 5ft 4

Congrats on everyone's weight loss and continued success. I love all the advice and recipes. I'm definately trying the mashed veggies in the soup.
I haven't been on in a few weeks but working 2 jobs isn't leaving a lot of computer time at night.
So I just finished week 5 last Saturday and I'm down 25.4lbs.
Does anyone use the Ketostix? When I first started using them I was in the Large range and now that I've introduced 1 restricted item a day I'm down to Moderate. Last week I only lost 2.6 and this week so far my scale is only showing a 2lb loss. I know I should be happy with that but ya I want more ha ha. I'm wondering if my carbs are too high. I know when I asked my counselor I got the 25 to 35 grams of carbs per day but it varies by person. Has anyone else had similar results with the weight loss number being lower.
I also have to agree with being cold. I now have a heater blowing at my back all day long in the office.
thanks again to every one on here for the support & advice
Marina

Last edited by Simplymar; 12-04-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #56  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default Heating Up!

Well, lot of posters "Old and New,"

Post-thanksgiving thoughts: glad it's behind me. All the leftovers are gone from my kitchen.....took'em to work or threw'em out.

Ogdog: would love a pancake recipe and a low-fatish pumpkin pie (substitute) recipe. TIA.

Torchlaker: where are you? I looked up "torch lake" and it is a beautiful area but I couldn't see you in any of the pics.LOL

Pre-Christmas thoughts: I have a couple of parties to attend and am looking for a special dress to show off my new figure. Great motivation to stay on track.

I added fiber capsules (metamucil) and drank water all day and it really helped if you know what I mean. I lost a pound overnight. Double LOL.

Except for a measly point 4 pounds I am almost at the 25 pounds eliminated mark (since Oct. 14) The ticker below does not allow the "point 4" in 185.4
so I'll take it.

I changed the "the little chick" on the left bar from 20 pounds to 25. Woohoo.

New veggie recipe I loved: I cut and trimmed some brussel sprouts and steamed them. Then I sauteed them in olive oil and a tiny bit of butter. MMMhmmm.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Height: 5'8"

Just now posting since Thanksgiving. I was good on the actual day, cheated a tiny bit on Sat, and then went ahead and ate carbs wtihin reason on Sunday. I got right back on the bandwagon and still managed to lose a pound for the week, so not too bad.
Ive started substituting IP foods with some foods I ordered from lowcarbu.com. I found a blueberry/cream flax hot cereal that is to die for, 2 net carbs, and 150 calories. the other hot cereal I got was only 90 calories. I am finding that the Dixie Diner meals are similar nutritionally to IP in calories, protein and carbs, the only difference being on the website you can mix and match whereas at my center you must buy a box of the same item. The price per packet was close. The breakfast cereals were much cheaper. I have IP chicken soup coming out my ears from earlier in the plan. They also have a nice teriaki chicken soup at lowcarbu I am going to try. I also bought some shirataki noodles to try. I will let you know how that goes. Ive also decided to go Phase II even though I have 8 lbs to go. I am running alot and feel like i need more energy for that. So at this point, I am doing a combo of IP and lowcarbu packets, and adding a few carbs via soymilk/dairy.

Last edited by coolbreeze; 12-04-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #58  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

I have visited the trantien diet websit a few times and this time came across the following info that I think is worth sharing with you all. It talks about lots of the points we've pondered over the last while. Also, we've worried about how we keep this weight off after we're done losing. It looks "fairly" straightforward. Quick version - don't eat fats and sugars in the same meal and if you do have a slip up - avoid all sugars the next day. It's long but, I've copied the info below.
Stabilization
Now that you’ve shed those extra pounds it’s time to discuss stabilization.

Stabilization is where things get interesting, but you must never forget that this diet is not a definitive diet.

Daily Eating Plan and Diet Slip-ups
Stabilization is a two-part process: the first part deals with your daily eating plan and the second, with managing diet slip-ups.

The notion of a balanced diet is the basis of stabilization. Balance is when things do not change. You neither lose nor regain weight when you eat a well-balanced diet.

Separating Carbohydrates and Fats
During the maintenance phase, I recommend that you separate carbohydrates and fats, or sugars and fats, on a daily basis. Sugar makes you gain weight and so does fat, and that’s why you separate them. If I had two troublesome students in my class, I’d separate them. You initially excluded fats and carbohydrates from your diet and now you’re reintroducing them. As long as you separate fats and carbohydrates, you will not gain back the weight you lost.

Managing Those Diet Slip-ups
The second part of the stabilization process focuses on managing diet slip-ups.

If you had to stabilize your weight for life by eating only three little green peas and a green bean, you’d be very depressed and would never manage to stabilize your weight.

The first notion that is reintroduced after you’ve completed this diet is the notion of pleasure. There can be no pleasure if there are no diet slip-ups. It’s impossible to achieve long-lasting balance in life without pleasure. You’d quit your job if you derived no pleasure from it. You’d wonder what was wrong with your relationship if you derived no pleasure from it.

There are two types of diet slip-ups: minor slip-ups that are inconsequential and major slip-ups that must be dealt with.

Weight gain is the result of bad habits and not a one-time slip.

What is a minor slip-up?
You could have a minor diet slip-up when you go to a movie, a play or a concert and have only an hour to grab a bite to eat. You don’t have enough time to go to a fine restaurant, so you go to a regular restaurant. Which foods are unavoidable in restaurants? Fatty foods, because you’re not the one doing the cooking. Which are easily avoidable? Sugar, bread, pasta and dessert. It’s okay for you to have a small glass of wine. Since you did not load up on carbs and fats, this slip is a minor slip and you don’t need to make up for it.

Contrast that with going to a fine restaurant once every week or two and ordering everything you want. You have a first course – perhaps some foie gras – and a main dish served in a sauce. As a matter of fact, you have the works – starchy foods, dessert, cheese, wine and bread – because you have the right to! That’s a major diet slip-up and you can easily make up for it the next day by avoiding all sugar for that one day only. Your goal is not to lose weight, but to make up for your one-meal overindulgence because you want to prevent the fat from entering your fat cells.

Insulin
Fat can only enter a fat cell and be stored in it if it has a little the key to open the cell’s door. That little key is insulin. Your pancreas secretes insulin only when you eat sugar. If you eat no sugar the day after your major diet slip-up, your pancreas will secrete very little insulin and there will be no little key to open up the fat cells to let in the fat.

Weight Gain After a Big Meal
You might still gain two pounds the day after you ate a big meal and that’s very maddening. You think to yourself, “I ate one meal and gained two pounds and it’ll take me a week to lose those two pounds”. You also think it’s so unfair that one meal made you gain two pounds. You conclude that the diet doesn’t work because your weight is yo-yoing!

Don’t worry. You didn’t gain two pounds of fat. Your body is unable to lose two pounds of fat in a day and it can’t gain two pounds of fat in a day either. Remember, two pounds of fat equal 9,000 calories, and women eat an average of 2,000 calories per day. How could you possibly eat the equivalent of four to five days of meals in just one meal? You can’t. And even if you could, your body would be unable to assimilate all those calories. What do those two pounds of fat represent then? They represent the weight of a big meal that you have not yet eliminated and the water your body has retained in order to digest it.

When you eat a slice of ham or an egg, you don’t drink a quart of water. However, when you eat a big meal, you drink a lot more liquid in order to digest it. Water is essential for digestion. Let’s break down the weight of a big meal: the first course weighs 5 ounces and the meat dish, 7 ounces. There’s 12 ounces right there. Add to that the weight of the vegetables and starchy foods, which is another 7 ounces, and your meal’s weight goes up to 19 ounces. You also have to include the weight of the bread, dessert, and liquids. When you add it all up, you see that it’s normal to gain two pounds after a major diet detour. It’s not the end of the world, because those two pounds are not two pounds of fat.

All you have to do is go back on the protein diet for one day and avoid all fast and slow sugars.

Eating: A Conscious Act
Eating is essential; it’s one of life’s most essential acts.

Eating must be a conscious act; it must never be unconscious or automatic. Never fill up on cold foods while standing in the kitchen, because you’ll never feel satisfied. Never eat while doing other things at the same time. Don’t get yourself some food and then sit down and eat it in front of the television. Don’t grab something to eat and then sit down at your computer. You’ll end up going back for more food, because you don’t know how much you’ve eaten or what you’ve eaten. You ate automatically and unconsciously.

If you’re at a party or a reception where there are all kinds of tasty finger foods, you could eat up to 15 or 20 canapés and petits fours. Afterwards, you wonder if you should have dinner because you feel like you haven’t eaten at all.

A meal is a very special moment.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #59  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplymar View Post
Congrats on everyone's weight loss and continued success. I love all the advice and recipes. I'm definately trying the mashed veggies in the soup.
I haven't been on in a few weeks but working 2 jobs isn't leaving a lot of computer time at night.
So I just finished week 5 last Saturday and I'm down 25.4lbs.
Does anyone use the Ketostix? When I first started using them I was in the Large range and now that I've introduced 1 restricted item a day I'm down to Moderate. Last week I only lost 2.6 and this week so far my scale is only showing a 2lb loss. I know I should be happy with that but ya I want more ha ha. I'm wondering if my carbs are too high. I know when I asked my counselor I got the 25 to 35 grams of carbs per day but it varies by person. Has anyone else had similar results with the weight loss number being lower.
I also have to agree with being cold. I now have a heater blowing at my back all day long in the office.
thanks again to every one on here for the support & advice
Marina
Simplymar, you're averaging more than 5 lbs. a week!!!! That's better than most of us here. You're doing great.

Ogdog, have you tried using almond flour for any recipes? I'll attach a link for a Lady who's done a lot with it. She's gluten intolerant.

http://www.elanaspantry.com/recipes/

Hey, Valkyrie must almost be in maintenance now. I think her wedding is in January or close to it, so I guess we'll let her off the hook for no updates
Old 12-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Echo, I can't keep up.. there are so many new people!!
I'm two pounds from goal......aaaaggghhhhh! Sorry I've been scarce on here.. been on the road for the past 6 weeks then the holiday week of course. I work with computers so in my off time, computers are not my first choice!
Everyone is doing great.. I'm going to sit down over the weekend and catch up on the end of November and beginning of december and get all this stuff updated. December 9.. I'm phasing off the diet one way or another.. I hope I'm at goal!!!
Talk to everyone soon
Closed Thread