Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Ideal Protein Diet Chat - December 09 / January 2010

Here's a new thread for you Chickies and a link to the December 09 one.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...mber-chat.html

Leenie
Old 12-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #2  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Thanks a bunch Leenie
Old 12-30-2009, 11:09 AM   #3  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Ok, I'm here too.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #4  

Hello-I am considering doing the Ideal Protein diet on the suggestion of my doctor. I have been researching the heck out of it and I think it will be a great fit for my lifestyle. I work full time and have three kids and a husband that is very supportive. Just wondering if any of you can offer me some advice and maybe share with me some tips and also what items you liked and didn't like during the first phase. Thanks in advance!! I am waiting to see if our insuance plan will let me use our HSA account to cover the cost.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #5  

hello everyone! i am going to start Ideal Protein next week. im really looking forward to it!! does anyone have any input on what food tasts good? does anyone know about Walden Farms foods??
Old 12-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #6  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by relder View Post
Hello-I am considering doing the Ideal Protein diet on the suggestion of my doctor. I have been researching the heck out of it and I think it will be a great fit for my lifestyle. I work full time and have three kids and a husband that is very supportive. Just wondering if any of you can offer me some advice and maybe share with me some tips and also what items you liked and didn't like during the first phase. Thanks in advance!! I am waiting to see if our insuance plan will let me use our HSA account to cover the cost.
Hi, Relder and Racheal, welcome!

If you have about an hour to spare, go back and read the November and December I.P.chat threads. They will answer all your questions. But I will say this...it is a rare person who likes the Walden Farms products. People have come up with all kinds fixes for them, though, and you'll find them in the chats, too.

This is the best diet I have ever been on, and coming to this site almost every day has been the best motivation in the world. There are people here who've lost half their body weight....easily. Once you get past the first 3 days, it's a breeze.

Congratulations to you both.

Last edited by echobaby; 12-30-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #7  

Thank you for the quick response. One of my fears is eating out at restaurants-what places and items have you found that comply with the plan?
Old 12-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #8  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by relder View Post
Thank you for the quick response. One of my fears is eating out at restaurants-what places and items have you found that comply with the plan?
Pretty much every restaurant has grilled or broiled or baked fish, chicken, or beef. Just get a salad to go with it and use oil and vinegar as dressing. If you're lucky, they'll have grilled or steamed green veggies(I always bring Molly McButter for them) Or, bring your own dressing. I've never had a problem, even in Mexican restaurants. On phase 1, you can do this for lunch or dinner.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #9  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hey Relder and Rachel,
congrats on choising the last diet you will ever be on. I had to go on this becuase of medical reasons I had some really bad ulcers and a hiatal hernia. So it was loose some weight or have surgery. I work a full time (plus) job and run a successfull business I have no time for surgery so I chose to lose weight wich is good for me anyway. My doc recomended this diet to me along with others and I really liked the info I found on this one so I started the 1st of October. I have already lost 30lbs and I feel great. The only thing that I did not think was great was the first two days i had a horrible headache but it went a way and now things are great. I have a very busy life and am always on the go so I had to find things that I could eat especailly at resteraunts. Echobaby is right most of them have fish, chicken or beef, and even mexican has a great Fajita salad most places. I think you will be surprised at what you find. you will also be surprised at how fast the weight comes off. My advise drink all of your water and take your vitamins. Keep checking back here becuase people post some great stuff. I looked at this site for about a month before I joined and I am so happy that I have. I have made some new friends and it is easy to talk to others who are going through the same as you are. They understand when I say I need Peanut Butter. Ha Ha
Old 12-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #10  
Portia

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Default My First Weigh-In

Hello Everyone. I was so happy to find this group. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this quest for a slimmer me. I have to say that I am loving Ideal Protein. I had my first weigh-in, today, and I am already down 10 lbs. in only 13 days!! I'm so happy.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:27 PM   #11  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

I lost 3.6lbs this week, but went up in inches & 1% body fat??? Not sure why, but still 3.6 lbs!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!

As far as the Walden Farms issue, the sauces like the BBQ & Asian sauce are ok. They work to give the vegies a different flavor when I seem to get bored of yet more veggies. AS far as the salad dressings, I have tried the Ranch, Bacon Ranch & Russian & liked those. I have not cared for the French or the Honey one, I forget the exact name, it long ago it the trash. It of course is all a preference. You will find the same thing with the foods, you will like some & dislike some others. But this diet is great, I just finished week 8 & am down 33 lbs total since November. I won't be on this diet forever but I am learning how to eat & cook again in a healthy manner for me & the family.

As far as eatting out goes, I personally try to avoid it but have had a few occasions where I had to eat out. One day I had to go to a CHINESE BUFFETT of all things, I could have blowen my diet but I found things that made it work at that resturant. My recommendations is that if you know that you are eatting out, find their online menu & review it before going to help you make a wise choice! Good luck & I know you will like this diet as much as I do!

Meghan
Old 12-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 191/191/135

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone! I'm staring IP on the 4th and am very excited about finally shedding the extra insulation! I recently found out that I'm diabetic...what a shocker that was...so it's time to get serious. My only concern is that my husband is a junk food junkie, and is definitely not on the same page where getting healthy is concerned. I'm hoping that by leading by example he will follow me down the path to good health. Now if I could just get him to stop bringing junk into the house in the meantime!!!
Challenges aside, I'm so happy to find this group. I need all the help I can get!
Old 12-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #13  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrixrn View Post
Hi everyone! I'm staring IP on the 4th and am very excited about finally shedding the extra insulation! I recently found out that I'm diabetic...what a shocker that was...so it's time to get serious. My only concern is that my husband is a junk food junkie, and is definitely not on the same page where getting healthy is concerned. I'm hoping that by leading by example he will follow me down the path to good health. Now if I could just get him to stop bringing junk into the house in the meantime!!!
Challenges aside, I'm so happy to find this group. I need all the help I can get!
My Coach suggested that I take GYMNEVA...I need a spell check on that one, but it is an herbal supplement that is suppose to curb CARB & SUGAR cravings which have ALWAYS been my down fall. I ate out of boredom & I would eat my kids left overs & all the Halloween candy would have been gone had I not had that herbal supplement. I no longer need to take it but it worked for me. Now, again, don't use my spelling, but that is how is sounds when said. My friend has my bottle, so I can not check it out.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 191/191/135

Height: 5'3

thanks MeghanO. I'll check that out!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:18 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatrixrn View Post

I found it very simple to stay on the diet while everyone else had their food, its like "Well, im eating healthy and the junk isnt doing anyones body any good." It makes you feel good when you are eating healthy that you dont even want the bad stuff anymore, sure you might want peanut butter or chocolate or something like that one day, but it wont be gone for long, this is like prescribed medicine for losing weight.
Closed Thread