Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #106  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

anybody tried these?

http://www6.netrition.com/dixie_cup_meals.html

Ogdog, do you mix the ISS protien in a blender?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
anybody tried these?

http://www6.netrition.com/dixie_cup_meals.html

Ogdog, do you mix the ISS protien in a blender?
Yeppers with some water only and it isn't bad. Not great, but not bad. I am going to try mixing some SF pudding in with it tonight. I'll let you know how that goes.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #108  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia View Post
I'm new to IP, started the program on 11/30... First "official" weigh-in tomorrow.
Welcome!!! There are a lot of great people here eager to support you in your decision to follow IP!! Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #109  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
but back on track today anyways...
Hi Sandrab,

I definitely wouldn't waste too much time being mad. Life is going to happen while we're on this program and in the maintenance phase. The key is how we deal with it. The most important thing is that you are back on track!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #110  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

thanks mirazon! i know you are right, guess just because i have been so determined all along, and amazing how quickly i can slip.

you are doing awesome by the way!! you must be very proud....
Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Wow - what wonderful losses! Very inspiring!! I hope I have access to a computer when I am in Cleveland...I think I will need this forum to keep me as honest as I can be without IP. Basically, I think I will just eat lowcarb if given the choice.

I weigh in tomorrow...not expecting anything...cuz this was the week that I started substituting different things for IP. Like I said, I still believe IP has the "most bang for your buck" as far as lowfat, lowcarb and highprotein. Might get some of those bars Ogdog mentioned (Ogdog...Netrition should give us a commission!!). I will be happy if I stay close to the weight I was last week.

Maja--my stomach has been gurgling all day (must be the malitol in those Atkins bars). I don't think one taste of cake batter will throw you out of ketosis.

SandraB - don't beat yourself up over the wine. I think you did really good. I already know that the one gal is going to have "apricot slush" at our party on Thursday...and I plan on at least 1 glass! These "potluck" things are like a buffet....ya just don't know what you are going to be able to eat. I am gonna put a bar in my purse just in case there is nothing I can eat, I guess. I really SHOULD take something healthy but I am not! We are expecting about a foot of snow...and there might be a chance the party will be cancelled, so I am making a dessert that everyone likes. That way, I KNOW it will go, or I can give it to someone if it doesn't go...and if the party is cancelled, I can freeze it and give it to someone as a Christmas gift!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

From Mirazon: Life is going to happen while we're on this program and in the maintenance phase. The key is how we deal with it.

I believe Mirazon said it right. Life is going to happen! We cannot BEAT ourselves up! These ARE the holidays! SandraB got right back on track...hopefully, I can do the same. Mirazon....you are going to town here! Other than Valkyrie...I do believe you have the highest weight loss. You have a very "matter-of-fact" attitude, and we can all learn from you.

Echobaby - you have already got to look great at the weight you are now...at 5'7"!! Are people noticing? I was 5'7" for years....guess I lost 2" due to boneloss or something. I figure by the time I am 70, I will be 4'2".

So - talk about procrastination - I ordered the "rock and roll stepper" by Tony Little (gotta NOT watch HSN and QVC)...and I haven't even opened the box! I am thinking to myself "How the heck am I gonna stay on that thing...my balance is not good." I should have waited ONE more day, and ordered the trampoline. I used to love my trampoline but got nervous on it once I got older. This one had a stabilizer bar that I could have held onto. Actually, I should have ordered nothing!! Tony Litle makes it look like so much fun, tho!! It was supposed to target inner thighs and core...which are my biggest problems.

So - tomorrow for the party - I am gonna wear my new "jeans" or leggings....a leopard top-- and fringed boots!! Yeah!! What a shocker!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:12 PM   #113  
Start Date: 11/30/09

S/C/G: 149/137/120

Height: 5'2"

So, what's the story on the WF peanut butter? Everyone I've talked to seems to hate it, but I am such a peanut butter fanatic, I had to give it a shot. The consistency is rather disturbing, but I find if I think of it more as a dessert (it is kind of custardy) rather than a spread, I actually quite enjoy it.

But I am skeptical of the "no calories, fat, carbs, gluten or sugars" claim. How can this be? Peanut butter is a definite comfort food for me and I can eat it by the spoonful. I will sometimes have one after my regular meal at night, just to satisfy that urge for something sweet. But I can't shake the feeling that that will derail my weight loss.

I see my coach tomorrow morning, but I was wondering what everyone here thought.

Very motivating to read all your posts!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 189/171/135

Height: 5'7"

Talking Newbie

I am totally new to this blogging thing so I hope I am doing this right. I started IP 3 weeks ago and have lost 18 lbs. I really love the results from this diet the pounds are just melting away!!! Other than my consultant I am the only person I know on the diet lol. So needless to say I was elated to find a blog online, its nice to see that others have the same concerns as i do. I see that some others did not like the pomegranate drink as well, I almost fell off my chair laughing, it is pretty disgusting lol. I love the bars and most of the other drinks. I think the hardest thing for me to give up was my red wine my husband and I are pretty social and we enjoy having a social drink with friends. Now I drink my pina colada lol and pout. I have to admit to sneaking a glass last weekend. Oh well I am only human. I look forward to any support that I can get. I can't wait to get to phase two!! which is 30 lbs away I wish everyone the best with their goals and I look forward to getting to know some people.

Last edited by fungirlwonder; 12-08-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:57 AM   #115  

[QUOTE=Maia;3038785]But I am skeptical of the "no calories, fat, carbs, gluten or sugars" claim. How can this be? QUOTE]

Maia, you have to eat their foods with caution as they do have calories it is just like .5% which isn't reportable. So if you eat say three helpings you start to have carbs and calories. Does that makes sense? LOL, I know what I am trying to say and dang if it doesn't seem to be coming out right.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #116  

Okay everyone, the bora bora bars on netrition, the peanut ones, are just that...a whole bunch of peanuts. Its almost lilke peanut brittle without all the brittle. It is good. Given would be even better with chocolate, but hey, anything is better with chocolate.

I made a homemade chocolate shake with the whey protein I ordered and it turned out wonderful. I used 2 scoops of weigh protein, 2 cups of cold water and SF chocolate fudge Jello pudding mix. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
I made a homemade chocolate shake with the whey protein I ordered and it turned out wonderful. I used 2 scoops of weigh protein, 2 cups of cold water and SF chocolate fudge Jello pudding mix. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!
Sounds great, I am going to try that with the whey protein that I have. How much of the pudding mix did you use?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #118  

Has anyone tried these noodles?

http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx
Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
Sounds great, I am going to try that with the whey protein that I have. How much of the pudding mix did you use?
I used the whole pudding mix and it got really thick, you could use 1/2 and probably get the same yummy results, or more water.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
I used the whole pudding mix and it got really thick, you could use 1/2 and probably get the same yummy results, or more water.
Thanks very much!! I will try that for breakfast tomorrow!

Have you heard of any problems ordering from web sites in the U.S. for delivery to Canada? I was wondering if there is an issue at the border?
Closed Thread