Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #436  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
I am struggling with clothing sizes. I went to the mall the other day and I am still in between sizes. I am swimming in my old clothes and scared to buy new ones. I am going to Mexico the middle of January and can't find summer clothes in Montana. AAARRRRGGGGG. I hope by the time I leave I will be past the in between.
I'm going to Mexico in March. I actually decided to pack really light and buy down there. There is walmart/sam's club in Cabo so I figured buy it and then donate it to less fortunate before coming back. Just a thought.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #437  

For those of you that are have low weight loss weeks, I had a sluggish couple weeks too but even though I was frustrated and almost quit I continued and ended up with a larger than usually weight loss period that followed. So hang in there, you may be surprised with a sudden sizable drop. Sometimes it takes longer for our body to adjust than other times.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #438  

S/C/G: S225/C192/G160

I just wanted to thank you all for your words of encouragement. It really helps to have the support I find here. You are right, I am worth it! I find it helpfull to know that there are so many floating around in the same leaky boat as me. Everyone have a great Christmas and may you all find peace and happiness over the holidays.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #439  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Thanks everyone for the idea's on clothing. I am going on this Leadership Retriet for my business I own and am staying in an all inclusive resort so I am not sure about shopping or how much I will get done but I will be looking at my local thrift stores to see what kind of cool maybe even retro duds I can find.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #440  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
I am struggling with clothing sizes. I went to the mall the other day and I am still in between sizes. I am swimming in my old clothes and scared to buy new ones. I am going to Mexico the middle of January and can't find summer clothes in Montana. AAARRRRGGGGG. I hope by the time I leave I will be past the in between.
WHat sizes do you need? We use the same clinic & I am out of quite a few work clothes & could hand them on to you, if you could use them! Let me know!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #441  
mepeterson

I think I am good with work clothes for the moment but thank you so much. I am just struggling to find summer clothes in December that is all. I did try on a few of my summer clothes from last season and none fit but I found a few in my closet that may work. I am also going to go shopping after christmas and may be able to find a few things. I wondered if we used the same clinic. I am so happy that i found IP it really works and I had to lose weight for medical reasons so this was perfect for me. I love our IP coach she is super nice and very helpfull.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #442  
mepeterson

so very excited. I made it through another business lunch and made great choices.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #443  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

I would like to know, when we are at our goal weights and off of eatting ideal protein products...what resturant do you want to go to or what food can you not wait to eat.

My resturant choice changes week to week, but this week my choice would be Italian. But when I am all done my BFF who makes kicking homemade whole wheat bread said she would make me a loaf!!!

Last edited by MeghanO; 12-22-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #444  
mepeterson

I keep thinking about what I cannot wait to have after IP. we go to Vegas every year to play pool and they have an amazing italian resteraunt in ceasers palace called Trevi. I cannot wait to eat there. Thank goodness I only go once a year
Old 12-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #445  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

weird about the food - i was admiring a plate of fries with gravy. they smelled and looked delicious but when i tasted one, i wasn't impressed. Maybe it's a bit in my head too - after all this work, if i'm going to cheat, it better be way worth it.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:12 AM   #446  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

OMG, I'm out of IP food packets and my order is 1 week late in arriving. Probably because of the holiday...... all shipping is delayed.

So I went off my diet and I feel soooooo weird eating "normal" food. I just cannot eat the same amounts as I used to before IP. So I'm hoping that just by eating less I can at least maintain my wt.

And tomorrow I have a routine lab. draw and routine doctor's appointment.

My doc will be so surprised that I have finally lost some weight. She's been my doctor for about 10 years now and I have been overweight the whole time.

And my cholesterol panel has been out of whack for at least 3 years now. And my fasting blood sugar has been slightly above normal the last few times which my doctor does not like at all since diabetes runs in my family.

So I will report my cholesterol and blood sugar results/improvements as soon as I know them.

I will be busy the next few days and I will post as I can.

You all have been great "forum friends."

For once in my life my New Year's Resolutions will NOT include "losing weight" because I've already started! Hooray! We are all well ahead of the crowd!

I do have a great New Year's Resolution though:

To laugh more! My goal is to laugh for a total amount of one hour per day.
It's so good for the immune system.

I've already started practicing. Whenever something or someone makes me laugh I try to extend the laughing time. I'm finding out that it's so easy to keep laughing once I've already started!

Oh, and regarding "cheating or slipping" I am not going to worry AT ALL because I know how to lose weight! Just get back on IP.

I figure "The Holidays" will be over soon and we can all get back to "normal" IP eating.

Stick with me y'all. I have 30 more pound to lose and I plan to send them to the same place where the first 25 went: Gone-forever-sville.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #447  

P.S. Chocolate, soymilk, almond milk are not on the IP early phases.

But some of us on this forum are trying to come up with low carb versions of "old favorites" from days before IP. Kind of gives us hope that we can get to maintenance and have a lot of low carb choices in our repertoire.

My recipe for low carb hot chocolate was a response to someone posting that they were going to have a cup of hot chocolate to celebrate the end of the school semester.

Staying strictly on IP will get you the fastest wt. loss results.

But if you are going to go off IP, try to at least stay low carb so your body can stay in wt. loss mode.........makes sense, huh?
Old 12-23-2009, 05:35 AM   #448  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
I would like to know, when we are at our goal weights and off of eatting ideal protein products...what resturant do you want to go to or what food can you not wait to eat.

My resturant choice changes week to week, but this week my choice would be Italian. But when I am all done my BFF who makes kicking homemade whole wheat bread said she would make me a loaf!!!
There's a certain Mexican restaurant that I would love to go to and have an entree plus the rice, beans, guacamole and tortillas. The works!

I'm thinking around Valentine's Day 2010 (when I am closer to goal) I will have myself a "full" Mexican meal.

You are sooooo funny saying that your "restaurant choices change week to week" You helped me practice my laughing!

Thanks for asking!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #449  

S/C/G: 142.5/131.5/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Finally!

OK. The scale finally moved this morning! Just 1 more pound gone, but I was really starting to think it never would. For whatever reason, my body has always loved being 136 pounds. I don't know why, but it's where I always get stuck. So I was mucho excited to see it finally move below that. Now here's my dilema... I've been planning to cheat on Christmas Eve and probably Christmas Day as well. It was a lot easier to plan a cheat when I was frustrated about such slow loss. Now that the scale is moving again, I'm not so sure I want to mess up all of my hard work so early in the game. I am supposed to help my aunt with her Christmas cooking. This means jambalya, sausage balls, creme puffs, Italian cream cake, and LOTS more. And people, she puts Paula Dean to shame!!! I was so looking forward to eating these things that I only get once a year! I've not cheated once since starting IP 3 weeks ago. <sigh>

On an unrelated note, I found a simple solution to the constipation problem I was having. Perhaps it will work for some of you as well. I went to Sam's Club and bought a bottle of their store brand stool softeners. I take one a day, and it works. (I am not a fan of laxatives of any kind, as you never know when they will start to work, etc!)

For those of you who order your IP products online, can you tell me which site you use? I've been getting mine in person, but I might like the option of shopping online at times. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #450  

I found a web article that discusses how eating acidic foods helps lower blood sugar:
http://mendosa.com/acidic_foods.htm

So having our oil & vinegar dressing on our salads is a great thing to do to keep our insulin levels low which leads to continued weight loss.

I'm beginning to think that Dr. Tran Tien is a genius. He has really pulled together all the scientific research into one great wt. loss plan.
Closed Thread